then me and him, we'll sit down and we'll have a drink,
因为他晚上就喜欢干这个
'cos that's what he likes to do with an evening.
这是你们说的那个晚上吧
This is the evening that you're talking about?
他一般喝多少
How much does he like to drink?
-罗德里克吗 -对
- Roderick? - Roderick.
我怎么知道
I don't know. Do I?
他是个住在奥林匹亚街公♥寓♥的50岁黑人
He's a 50-year-old black bloke from the flats in Olympia.
他能买♥♥到什么喝什么
He drinks whatever he can get.
这是个问题吗
So it's a problem?
他可不觉得 他当那是个办法
Not for him. For him, it's a solution.
或许就是这样
Maybe that's it.
或许他自己喝了个烂醉
Maybe he got himself so pissed up,
他自己喝下了毒药
he drank this poison stuff himself.
想想吧
Think about it.
不是有这样的故事吗
You hear stories, don't you?
有的人会拿到什么喝什么
People drinking whatever they can get their hands on.
因为酒都喝光了 就喝起了松脂什么的
When they've drunk the house dry, turpentine, all sorts.
老鼠药也喝吗
Rat poison?
来吧
Go on, then.
把这写进你的小本本
Write that on your little pad.
玛丽 你妹妹 向我们提供了口供
Mary, your sister, gave us a statement
她说
in which she explains that
她这六周都在肯特郡的阿什福德
she's been in Kent for the past six weeks, in Ashford.
-你说是就是 -不 是她说的 不是我
- If you say so. - No, she says so, not me.
就在温妮莎为你高亮出的段落里
In the paragraph Vanessa has highlighted for you there.
她说她打给了你 告诉你她要去哪了
She said she called you, told you where she was going
还要你替她喂猫
and arranged for you to feed her cat.
是这样吧
That's correct, isn't it?
-我信你了 -难道是她撒谎了吗
- I'll take your word for it. - Or is she lying?
我都说了 我信你了
I just said, I'll take your word for it.
天啊
Jesus...
玛丽的证词得到了邻居的佐证
Well, Mary's statement is corroborated by the neighbors.
凯尔·佩提
Kyle Petit.
他们不记得这几个月以来在公♥寓♥
They don't remember seeing much of Mary at the flat
见过玛丽
over the past month or so.
但他们记得见过你
But they do remember seeing you.
好几个人 分别在好几次见过
Several of them, and on several occasions.
你应该是去喂猫的
That will be you coming over to feed the cat, presumably.
或许你可以告诉我们 你为何大半夜去
Or maybe you can just tell us what you were doing at the victim's home
受害人家 有三位目击者如是说
in the middle of the night, as three witnesses claim.
我现在想重复一遍我之前说的话
Now, at this point, I'd just like to repeat what I said before.
你不用觉得你非得回答
Which is that you mustn't feel like you have to answer...
你订那家泰国餐馆的位子了吗
Did you book the table at the Thai place?
为什么大家都认定是我要负责订位子
Why do people assume it's me who books the table?
...不敢警探们怎么诱导你
...despite what detectives might allow you to believe.
你订了吗
Did you, though?
我还想提醒你们 我的委托人
I'd also like to remind you that my client...
订了
Yes.
按照法律 她有权定期休息
...and by law she must be afforded regular breaks.
她很乐意跟你们沟通 我们都能看出
Now she's keen to talk to you. I think we can all see that.
我们好好合作吧
But let's work together on this. Hmm?
你怎么样 杰里米 我还没来得及问呢
How have you been, Jeremy? I haven't had a chance to ask.
-挺好的 谢谢 -好
- Fine, thank you. - Good.
杰里米今年早些时候来过
Uh, Jeremy was in earlier this year,
代理一个在主教公园里露阴的男人
representing a man who exposed himself in Bishops Park.
是日光浴
The sunbather.
对哦
That's right.
新年日光浴者
The New Year's Day Sunbather.
但你说得对 我们该继续了 如果斯黛茜开心
But you're right, we should press on, providing Stacey's happy.
-开心 -乐意
- Happy? - Well, willing.
好啊
Excellent.
因为我即将对你说的话
Because what I'm about to say to you now
将改变询问的走向
will change the course of this interview,
我虽然不认为
and while I don't think
你真以为自己能离开这里
you honestly believe you're going to leave this room
不被起诉谋杀罗德里克·塞缪斯未遂
without being charged for the attempted murder of Roderick Samuels,
但我觉得你可能会
I do think you'll be surprised
对你的辩词崩塌得多快
by how soon your arguments fall down,
以及起诉会来得多快♥感♥到意外
and how quickly that charge is brought about.
所以请你仔细听我接下来要说的话
So I want you to listen very carefully to the next thing I say.
我们今天不是为了
We're not here today to work out
查明你是否给罗德里克·塞缪斯下毒了
if you poisoned Roderick Samuels or not.
我们知道你做了 听着
We know you did-- Listen, listen.
坐回去 听我说完
Just sit back in your chair and wait for me to finish speaking.
我们知道你做了 我们能证明
We know you did. And we can prove you did.
你没有证据
You don't have proof.
我说我们有
I'm saying we do.
你什么都不知道
You don't have the first idea.
我说了 我们有
I'm telling you we do,
这是你开口♥交♥待的机会
and that this is your opportunity to talk.
-你并无义务... -7号♥晚上 斯黛茜
- You are under no obligation-- - The night of the 7th, Stacey.
怎么安静下来了
All gone a bit quiet.
随你们
Suit yourselves.
好吧 我喜欢喝酒
Alright, look, I like a drink.
罗德里克也喜欢喝酒
And Roderick likes a drink.
所以如果我过去喂猫什么的
So if I'm going over there to feed the cat or whatever,
我们会在他和玛丽家喝几杯
we'll have a few at his and Mary's.
所以或许就是这样
So that's what might have happened.
-"或许是" -是 就是这样
- "Might have happened"? - Happened. That's what happened.
但那不代表...
But that doesn't mean that...
因为我知道别人会怎么想
'Cos I know how it might look.
有人见过我
Like, people saw me.
我知道你们会怎么扭曲事实 她会怎么扭曲
I know how you'll twist it. How she will twist it.
所以我下了地铁 左转
So I come out the tube, turn left,
去了坎威路拐角处的商店
stop at the shop at the corner of Kenway Road.
我给他买♥♥了瓶威士忌 他最喜欢的牌子
I got him his whisky. There's a specific type of whisky he likes.
玛丽交代我在她不在的时候给他买♥♥
Mary asked me to pick it up for him while she was away.
我去了那里 以为他是一个人在家
I went round there and I'm expecting him to be on his own.
但却是她出来应了门 玛丽
But then she answers the door. Mary.
我就说 "好吧"
And I'm like, "Well..."
"说说你没去成的旅行吧"什么的
"Talk about a wasted journey!" And all that.
自己去喂你暴脾气的猫吧 什么的
Like, feed your own flaming cat. Know what I mean?
自己去买♥♥威士忌什么的
Like, get your own fucking whisky.
怎么 你最后一个奴隶死了吗
What, did your last slave die of?
但是 这些 这些都不重要
But, uh, this-- None of that matters,
因为事实是
because the thing is, well...
玛丽她
Mary...
她整张脸都肿起来了
Her face is all blown up.
肿得很厉害
It's all fat.
青紫色的
It's blue.
他把她暴打了一顿
He's gone and beaten her right up.
但是玛丽她不让我们提起这事 不是吗
But she won't let us talk about any of that, will she, Mary?
她只是说 "进来吧" 所以
She just says, "Oh! Come inside." You know, so...
我们就进去了 然后他
So we go inside, and he's just...
就坐在他通常坐着的那个角落
sitting in the corner where he usually sits.
他们若无其事地一起看足球赛
They've been watching football like nothing's happened.
他只是转过头来问我 "你买♥♥到了吗"
And all he does is, he turns to me and says, "Did you get it?"
他是说威士忌 我就
Meaning the whisky. And all I do is, I...
因为我又震惊又愤怒
'Cos I'm so angry and I'm still in shock,
我就只点了点头
and all I do is nod.
像个傻子一样
Like a bloody idiot.
然后他说
Well, he says...
"玛丽马上要去睡觉了 是吧 玛丽"
"Mary's going to bed in a bit, aren't you, Mary?"
他不是在问她 而是在命令她
He's not asking her, he's telling her.
给我们拿几个杯子吧 我们喝点酒
"Get us a couple of glasses and we'll have a few."
玛丽就照做了
So Mary does what she's told.
我走进厨房♥ 四处张望
And I go into the kitchen and I'm looking around.
我就想
And I think...
我想
And I think...
我想
I think...
斯黛茜 你在想什么