and I could see that her wrist needed treating,
虽然我可能是一个脾气暴躁的混账 我想
and, bad-tempered bastard though I may well be, I thought,
"至少我能帮你处理一下伤口 包扎一下"
"Well, I can at least help you with that. I can patch you up."
我带了医疗包
I had my Doctor's bag.
以防在旅途中有人受伤
I brought it with me in case of injuries on tour.
你懂的
You know, erm...
就是那种"有医生在场吗"的情况 所以
"Is there a doctor in the house?" That kind of thing. So...
就算我清楚 我清楚
Even though I knew-- I knew...
我带她回家后 一切都会爆发
that all hell would break loose when I got her home.
有那么一个瞬间
But there was a second...
在卫生间
in the bathroom,
我在上石膏
when I was applying the plaster
她看着我治疗她
and she was watching me treat her...
一切看上去又变好了
that everything seemed fine again.
很平静
Was calm.
我以为一切都会过去的
I thought it would all be OK.
但是之后
But then, erm...
我一包扎完 她就离开了
as soon as it was done, she left the room.
直截了当 跑去找他
Straight away, ran off to him.
说她要告诉她的朋友们他们相爱了
Said she was going to tell her friends they were in love...
她和安德鲁斯
she and Andrews.
这是我听过最可怕的事情
Of all the horrendous things to hear.
她说只要到了一定年龄 他们就会
As soon as she was the right age, she said they were gonna...
把他们这一对儿广播给全世界
broadcast it to the world, the pair of them.
她这主意都是跟他学的
She got that idea from him, you know.
他们会 他们会"走到一起" 我想
They'd-- They would "Walk out together," I suppose...
用人们以前的话说
as people used to say.
不好意思 我 我说话太老气了
Sorry, I do... I talk like a man twice my age.
她以前就是这么说我的
That's what she used to say.
然后呢
Then?
然后 我做了一件让我后悔一辈子的事
Then, I did something I'll regret for the rest of my life.
我没带她自己回家了
I went home without her.
有罪
Guilty.
有罪
Guilty.
无罪
Innocent.
你们打了一架 她跑出房♥间
So you fought. She ran out of the room.
去见安德鲁斯
To see Andrews.
-他在哪儿 -在他房♥间
- Where was he? - In his room.
你确定她去那了
You're sure she went there?
我也在那 我跟着她
I went there too. I followed.
-我以为你开车走了 -两样我都做了
- I thought you drove away. - I did both.
我不停敲他的门 但他不开
I knocked repeatedly on his door, but he wouldn't open up.
要是我我会破门而入
I'd have smashed it down.
那你就是傻瓜
Well, then you're a fool.
妮姬和那些寄宿学校的女生做朋友
Nicky had enough difficulty
已经够困难了
befriending those boarding schoolgirls as it was.
最不需要的就是她爸爸大闹一场
Last thing she needed was Dad making a scene.
我在门那边给他打电♥话♥
I called through the door.
说刚才发生了意外
I said there had been an accident.
妮姬的手臂穿过了桌子
That Nicky put her arm through the table,
她需要休息
that she needed to rest,
她需要让伤口的瘀血流通
that she needed to let it bruise properly,
让身体慢慢愈合
let the body do its work.
然后妮姬打开门
And then Nicky opened the door,
就一个小缝 然后
only very slightly, and...
告诉我离他们远点
she told me to leave them alone.
毕竟 我惹的麻烦还不够多吗
After all, hadn't I caused enough trouble?
那是她对我说的最后一句话
That was the last word she ever said to me.
太蠢了
Stupid...
我站在门外时 才突然想到
It struck me then, actually standing outside that door...
他是有意选了她入队
he'd picked her to play on the team
就因为他们之间的事
because of what happened between them,
才不是因为她的体育能力
not because of any sporting prowess.
她的水平一向不怎么样 保佑她
She was never much cop, bless her.
她能入选让我们很惊喜
Yeah, her selection had been a pleasant surprise.
-但她是得分第二高的人 -对 我本也以为
- But she was second highest scorer. - Yes, I thought that too.
但篮网球队里只有两个人可以得分
Only two players on a netball team are allowed to score goals.
当安德鲁斯得知了她打算
When Andrews learned she was planning on...
告诉大家他们的关系
telling people about their relationship,
他很清楚
knowing what that would
那对他个人和事业会意味着什么
mean for him personally and professionally...
他肯定会阻止她
he would have stopped her.
-阻止她 -我是那么想的
- Stopped her? - That's what I think.
-杀了她 -我是那么想的
- Killed her? - That's what I think.
就在他的旅馆房♥间里
In his hotel room?
这我就不知道了
Well, that-- That I couldn't tell you.
手臂上有瘀伤吗
Was it bruised, the arm?
是的
Yes.
答案就在这里了 你看 警探
There's your answer. There you go, Detective.
法医会告诉你 死尸不会出现淤青
Your pathologist will tell you, dead bodies don't bruise.
这就排除了我的嫌疑
That rather rules me out.
这结论你怎么得出来的
How do you arrive at that one?
她早餐时还好好的 这其他人能证明
She was fine at breakfast. I think the others will tell you that.
是我们回到房♥间后
It was only once we got back to the room,
我们才发生了争执 我一小时后离开了旅馆
we fought, I left the hotel an hour later.
你们的照片也证明了这点 是吧
I think that's supported by your photographs, yes?
她不可能死于早餐
She can't have died in the hour
到我离开旅馆的那一小时内
between breakfast and me leaving the hotel.
这样没有足够时间让淤青出现
It's not enough time for the bruises to develop.
这能听懂吗
Does that make sense?
天啊 我真该早点想到的
Jesus, I ought to have thought of that earlier.
那样能替你们省很多时间了
That would have saved you a lot of time...
也替我省去很多痛苦
and me a lot of pain.
该死
Shit.
他们让他开了口 他都不肯闭嘴了
Now they've got him talking, they can't shut him up.
这话没什么帮助 抱歉
Not a helpful thing to say. Sorry.
我需要跟托尼谈谈
Erm, I need a word with Tony.
其实 你还是让他继续吧
I'd rather you let him get on with it, to be honest.
两分钟不到的事
It won't take two minutes.
我们本来也只剩15分钟了
Yeah, well, we've only got 15 as it is.
你怎么之前不说这个
Why didn't you tell us this before?
-我才刚想到的 -这一切
- It only just occurred to me. - Any of it.
你说...浪费时间 给你带来痛苦
You talk of... wasting time, causing pain.
你如果一开始就配合
You could have saved yourself
本可省去这些麻烦
the pain by telling us all that from the start.
就像你说的 这一切
Well, like you said, this-- all this,
你们尽你们的职 我的律师尽她的职
you doing your job, my solicitor doing hers,
我听她的建议 这一切
me following her advice, in here, all these...
这些对话就是这样进行的
This is how these conversations go.
贝恩斯小姐说她清楚你们什么样
Ms Baines says she knows what you're like.
是吗 我们什么样
Oh, yeah? What are we like?
你们会企图扭曲我的说法
That you'd try to manipulate my story.
-"说法" -看吧
- "Story"? - See?
负责此案的警探在你继女
Detectives on the inquiry visited your house
身亡的次日造访了你家
the day after your stepdaughter's death,
你妻子给了我们
and your wife gave us...
一张用来提供给媒体的照片
a photo to share with the media.
我看着这张照片 我就想
And I looked at this photo and I thought...
"谁会想害死这样一个小姑娘"
"Who'd want to take the life of a young girl like that?
然后我又想 "我一定要查清"
And then I thought, "I'd like to find out who."
我起初本不该负责这次询问的
I wasn't meant to be on this interview when it first came in.
我是主动要求的
I volunteered.
我想发挥点作用
I wanted to have some influence, you see,
做点小贡献
in my own small way.
不好意思
Excuse me.
我在里面放了便利贴 我知道你没多少时间
Look, I put Post-it notes inside. I know you don't have long.
好
Ok.
你清楚她什么样
You know what she's like.
她不是在批评你 如果你是这么想的
She doesn't not rate you if that's what you think.
-她只是想做些改变 -好
- She's just changing things up. - OK.
好吗