Whoever's watching.
我就是说 这对你没什么好处的
It won't do you much good, is all I'm saying.
皇家检察署讨厌那个
CPS hates that sort of thing.
-所以你认为法♥伦♥医生会被起诉 -不
- So you are expecting Dr Fallon to be charged? - No.
那为什么要提到皇家检察署
Then why mention the Crown Prosecution Service?
就是个职业建议
General career advice.
给我的吗 非常感谢
Oh, for me? Thank you very much.
但我们还是别跑题
But let's stick to the point.
回答你的问题 你要我更好地描述
To your question, you asked for a better description
什么样的力道能把头骨击碎成那样
of the kind of force required to smash a skull in this way.
我只是想找到合适的参照
I'm just trying to find an appropriate frame of reference,
让你的委托人明白要怎样的力道
so your client knows what it took.
再试试吧
Have another go.
-贝恩斯小姐 -这么说吧
- Miss Baines... - Put it this way.
如果你跟我女儿在旅馆开房♥
It's a fraction of the force you'd feel
你会遭受的重击的力道将远大于此
if you had checked into a hotel room with my daughter.
你可以起诉他的 就告诉你一声
You can charge him, just so you know.
隔壁已达成一致了
There's a consensus next-door.
他们觉得你的机会不错
They think you've got a good shot.
理由合理
Decent grounds.
尤其还有媒体关注的煽动
Especially as it's propped up by all the press interest.
陪审团
The jury, they, erm...
他们看了报纸的
they read the papers.
他们本不该看的 我们并不允许
They're not meant to. We don't condone it.
但他们会看
But they do.
这是唬你
It's bluff.
我们不唬人
We don't bluff.
他们这么说 但这也是唬你
They say they don't bluff, but that's just part of the bluff.
如果我们要唬你 埃德加
If we were going to bluff, Edgar,
我们早就唬你了
we'd have done it a long time ago.
-法♥伦♥医生 -总之
- Dr Fallon... - Bottom line.
你要么别再拿律师当挡箭牌
You either wriggle out from underneath your legal thumb here,
告诉我们你怎么没杀人
and tell us how you didn't do it,
或者
or...
就继续保持沉默 等着判终生监禁
you keep schtum and get life.
"终生"其实就14年
"Life" being 14 years, by the way.
并不真是终生 不算是终生
It's not life. Not really, not anymore.
除非你是妮姬
Unless you're Nicky, obviously.
她的终生是14年
She's had her 14 years.
如果有人杀了我女儿
If someone killed my little girl...
我不会罢休的
I wouldn't rest.
你明白吗
Do you know what I mean?
他们就会对这点产生怀疑
And that's what they'll think is weird.
陪审团
The jury,
陪审团里的家长
the parents on the jury,
当他们看到审讯的录像带
when they see this tape.
上面那是主摄像头
That's the main camera up there.
我女儿会管那个叫
At what my daughter would call the, erm...
"自♥拍♥"角度
the "selfie" angle.
但那个
But that one...
那个摄像头能拍到你
That's the one that's gonna get you.
他们会看到那个摄像头中的你
That's the man they're going to see.
他会说的
He's gonna.
他还没说呢
He isn't.
他会说的
He is.
还剩多久
How long left?
45分钟
Forty-five minutes.
你不用说话的
You don't have to say a word.
我更希望大家知道
I'd rather people knew.
你是无辜的吗
That you're innocent?
那说吧
Then tell us.
告诉我们发生了什么
Tell us what happened.
我要说明 带妮姬去参加篮网球
To be clear, taking Nicky to netball games
并没给我的婚姻造成问题 好吗
did not cause problems in my marriage, OK?
恰恰相反
Far from it.
这是一个回避本就存在的问题的办法
It was a means of avoiding the problems that were already there.
我的婚姻已走到尽头
My marriage had run its course
我们自然地开始
and we had fallen, quite naturally,
想办法回避彼此
into ways of avoiding each other.
所以我会工作到很晚
So I would work late, or I'd...
或是一整晚料理花♥园♥
you know, just spend the evening seeing to the garden.
妮姬的篮网球锦标赛给了我们额外的借口
So Nicky's netball tournaments gave us an added excuse,
让我们周末不在一起变得合情合理
legitimised our desire to be apart at weekends...
我很高兴能带她去 这正合适
I was happy to take her. It suited.
关于我的妻子有些事你们得知道
Let me tell you something about my wife.
每次都是她订的旅馆 不是我
She booked the hotel rooms, not me.
每次都是
Every time.
懂吗
Ok?
我们一行人里还有另外三对家长
So there were three other parents on the tour--
那些母亲里
all of them mothers--
有两个跟我调情
two of whom made passes at me...
有一个是认真的
one of them seriously.
第一个我一笑置之 第二个
The first I laughed off, the second...
我短暂地考虑了一下 还是拒绝了
uh, I considered, briefly, then declined.
其他参加比赛的女孩没有家长陪着
The other girls on the tour did not have parents with them
因为她们一起住寄宿学校
as they were at boarding school together,
所以更习惯出门
so they were far more used to being away.
剩下唯一一个男人安德鲁斯 他是教练
The only other man on the tour was Andrews, the coach...
就是他杀了妮姬
the man who killed Nicky.
我很确定
I'm certain of it.
我不能再 我不能
I can no longer... I can't.
我不能就坐在这什么都不说 整件事
I cannot just sit here saying nothing when it is...
整件事对我来说很明显了
it's patently clear to me,
从你们问我的话 甚至说的话都能确定
from everything you've been asking me, or even saying,
应该是他坐在这 而不是我
that it should be him sitting here instead of me.
真不可理喻
It's impossible.
作为父亲 你最害怕的那一天
The day you dread, as a father,
就是你发现有人
is the day you discover someone has had sex...
和你的宝贝女儿上♥床♥了
with your little girl.
明白吗 所以
OK, so...
毫无疑问 当那一天早早的就来了
be in no doubt, when that day comes early...
提前了好几年
years early...
好几年
years early...
告诉你 那才是噩梦成真
let me tell you, that is a nightmare made real.
要是我真的杀人的话
Were I to have killed anyone....
我们吃了早饭 回到旅馆
And when we came back from breakfast
在周末上午 就是28号♥
on the Sunday morning, on the 28th,
妮姬告诉我她一直在和他约会
Nicky told me that she had been seeing him.
-安德鲁斯 -对 安德鲁斯
- Andrews? - Andrews, yes.
去找他 和他联络
Going to him, liaising with him...
甚至不是在他床上
Not even in his bed--
甚至不是在他床上 天哪
Not even in his bed, for Christ's sake.
而是在他那恶心的有狗臭的旅行车后座
In the back of his foul, dog-stinking estate car.
我使出所有力气把她推进旅馆房♥间
I just pushed her in the hotel room, as hard as I could.
我们打了一架 我发誓
We fought. I swore.
我打了她
I hit her.
我从来没有打过她 我不会这么做
I never hit her. I wouldn't.
我的教养不允许我这么做
I wasn't brought up that way.
老派教育 你不能打女孩
You don't hit girls. Old fashioned.
但我动手了
But I did.
我把她推向房♥间另一边 往后倒的时候
I pushed her across the room and she put her arm, her wrist,
她的胳膊和手腕朝后
reaching back as she went over,
摔倒的时候穿过了玻璃咖啡桌
through the glass coffee table as she fell.
所以你的同事没错
So your colleague was right.
她就是这么伤到手腕的
That's how she hurt her wrist.
是我的错 我脾气不好
It was my fault, my temper.
你也没错 关于生气那句 我会生气
And you were right too, about getting angry. I can.
我的确生气
I do.
的确
I do.
我 我爱妮姬
I-- I love Nicky,
我知道她的手腕需要治疗