A glass which you admit was yours
里面没有铊毒
and did not contain traces of thallium.
我们有三名证人
We have three witnesses
称看到你到达皮博迪公♥寓♥
who saw you arriving at the Peabody Flats
时间是罗德里克中毒那晚凌晨2点
at 2:00 a.m. on the night that Roderick was poisoned.
他们是被你愤怒地
They were woken by you banging angrily
砸罗德里克的门的声音吵醒的
with your fists on Roderick's front door.
其中一人甚至听你说
One of them even heard you saying,
"我要杀了你 你个黑禽兽
"I'll kill you, you black monster.
我他妈杀了你"
I'll fucking kill you."
好吧
Right.
谢谢 我能去抽烟了吗
Thank you. Now can I go and smoke that, please?
-等等 你们管这叫证据 -我们是说...
- Wait, you were calling that proof? - What we're saying--
我知道你们之前说这是证据
I know you were calling it proof earlier,
但在我看来
but for my own sense of sanity...
-我们是说... -什么
- What we're saying-- - Yes?
我们说的只是我们都清楚的事
We are simply saying what you and I both know to be true:
这样的证据
this is just the kind of evidence
会让皇家检察署愿意提出起诉
that would see the CPS agree to press charges.
上庭后
And should it then go to trial,
便能排除合理怀疑地
it would, beyond reasonable doubt,
证明斯黛茜企图谋杀罗德里克·塞缪斯
link Stacey with the attempted murder of Roderick Samuels.
这是差不多 但不算是证据
That's almost the same thing, but it's not proof.
但是 杰里米 请听我说
However, Jeremy, please listen to me,
因为我们这次立场一样了
because for once we're on the same side here.
我现在要对斯黛茜说的是
What I am putting to Stacey now
尽管有大量对你不利的证据
is that despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary,
尽管有你详尽激动的坦白
and despite your detailed and emotional confession,
我并不认为我们在此案中
I do not believe that we have reached
得到了正确的结论
the correct outcome in this case.
-这太荒唐了 -这我同意
- Which is ridiculous. - Which is ridiculous, I agree.
不止是因为这事关我的事业
Not least because it puts my career on the line,
更威胁了罗德里克获得公道的机会
and Roderick's chances of justice under threat.
你是对的 斯黛茜
You were right, Stacey.
我的同事托尼正坐在玻璃后面
My colleague Tony is sitting behind that glass,
引导我
guiding me through this.
毫无疑问正面露担忧之色
No doubt with a very concerned look on his face.
我都不知道我现在的做法
I'm not even sure if this is police work
符不符合我的警♥察♥身份 斯黛茜
I'm doing now, Stacey.
我就是...
I'm just...
就像刚刚我一位同事说的那样
As one of my colleagues said to me just now,
我在感情用事
I'm running on feelings.
对你 对男人
About you. About men.
对我们这种人
About who we are,
我们这样的女人 身处他们的世界
women like us, in their world.
这世界是他们的 是吧
And it is theirs, isn't it?
我觉得这事没那么简单
See, I think there's something more to this.
还有更可怕的真♥相♥
Something worse.
比你的供词更真实
Truer than confessing.
所以我们又回来了
And that's why we're back in here.
待会儿
So, in a second,
我就把这个给温妮莎
I'm going to hand over to Vanessa.
我要让她来问你最后一个问题
I'm going to ask her to ask you one remaining question.
如果我搞错了 那我真心地道歉
And if I've got this wrong, then I genuinely apologise.
你跟罗德里克·塞缪斯上♥床♥有多久了
How long were you sleeping with Roderick Samuels?
说吧 斯黛茜
Talk to me, Stacey.
-我们已经停止了 -我听不到
- We weren't, anymore. - I can't hear you.
你问我有没有跟罗德里克上♥床♥
You asked me if I was sleeping with Roderick.
你说了什么
And you said?
我说 已经停止了
I said I weren't anymore.
确实如此
'Cos I wasn't.
这就是你问题的答案
That's the answer to your question.
你觉得我为什么问这个
And why do you think I asked?
因为我为此羞耻
Because I'm ashamed of it.
向我保证
You promise me something.
保证你会写进你的笔记里 或者怎样
Promise you'll put in your notes, or however it is you do it,
我本来没想来说这些的
that I never came in here wanting to say any of this.
一切都被记录下来了
Everything is on the record.
好吧
OK, look...
我说了 我喜欢喝酒
As I said, I like a drink.
罗德里克也喜欢喝酒
And Roderick likes a drink.
我们就是这样在尼尔森酒吧认识的
That's how we met in The Nelson, the pub.
我也不是去猎艳的 我都结婚了
Not that I was on the lookout for anyone, because I'm married.
虽然不幸福 但那不重要
Not happily, but that's not the point.
我认识他时 还挺喜欢他的
So when I meet him... I fancy him and all that, but, erm...
但也只是客客气气的
It's just friendly. It's nothing else.
但玛丽 她从不主动结交男人
But Mary, well, she never put herself out there, not with men.
她一向不自信
Just... never had the confidence.
她虽然33了 但她还是我妹
She might be 33 but she's still my sister, so...
所以我就说
I'm like,
"我认识个男人 你该见见他
"There's this fella I know. You should meet him.
你俩应该能挺合适"
I think you'll be good together."
当时似乎的确如此 我以为是
'Cos I did, at the time. That's what I thought.
转眼之间
And before anyone knows what's happening
她就要他搬来同居了
she's asked him to move in with her.
去皮博迪公♥寓♥
At the Peabody flat?
对
Yeah, that's right.
我时不时会过去
You know, I'm round there from time to time.
经常去
A lot of time.
我和他 我们像在尼尔森酒吧那样很合得来
And me and him, well, we get on, like at The Nelson,
但玛丽 保佑她 她跟我们不合拍
in a way that Mary, bless her heart, she can't join in with.
所以
So, you know...
很快
...before you know it,
我就常去玛丽家了 不管她在不在
I'm round at Mary's whether Mary's there or not.
然后
And, uh...
一来二去
one thing leads to another and, uh...
我和他 我们就开始了
me and him, we've started something.
因为我的生活已经没有火花了
'Cos my life's lost its sparkle.
持续了好一阵时日 几个月
And it's been carrying on for some time. Months.
我不为此骄傲
I'm not proud of myself,
但我很开心
but I'm happy, 'cos...
尤其我一直在骗自己 她不介意的
Well, specialy I'm convincing myself she's alright with it,
或是她不知道
or that she's none the wiser.
他就是吃屎的猪 是吧
And he's like a pig in shit, isn't he?
玛丽和我都正合他的意
He's got me and Mary where he wants us.
玛丽整天都到处替他跑腿
Mary's running round, picking up for him 24-7,
如果她不照他的话做
and if she don't do what he wants,
或是做了 但没按他的心意来
or does it, but not in a way he wants it, then--
如果他喝了我这个白♥痴♥
And if he's had some of the whisky that I've brought around
带去的威士忌 因为我就是控制不住
like an idiot, because I can't stay away, like...
她就会挨打
she gets it. Like...
他很暴♥力♥
He's physical.
就是这样
That's what's going on.
我过去时就能看到
I can see it when I go round there.
淤青
Bruises.
淤青都一层层的
Different colours in the bruises.
就是这样
That's what they go like.
五彩斑斓的 就像混了汽油的水坑一样
All funny colours, like petrol in a puddle.
我不能...我还能说什么 做什么
And I can't... What am I supposed to say or do? Huh?
我又没什么立场
I ain't got a leg to stand on, have I?
所以我觉得我不能说他在对她做的事
So I don't feel like I can talk about what he's doing to her,
因为我自己做的事也同样恶劣
because what I'm doing is just as bad.
所以最终 我联♥系♥了在阿什福德的我哥哥
Yeah, so in the end, I call my brother in Ashford
叫他带走她 好保护她
and I tell him to take her for her own safety,
还给她买♥♥了去那里的火车票
and get a ticket and a train down there,
但她总还回来
but she keeps coming back, doesn't she?
因为她自以为她爱他 其实并不是
'Cos she thinks she's in love with him, but she ain't.
而且她也知道 自己离开得越久
And because she knows that the longer she stays away for,
等她最终回来时 就会被打得更惨
the worse it is for her when she does finally come home.
他会问她 她去哪了
And he's gonna ask her where she's been.
她要怎么说 啊