剧集 | 发射倒计时:灵感4号平民太空任务(2021) | 导航列表
刚读完大学
fresh out of college.
我在担任第一份教师工作
I was working at my first teaching position.
克里斯被派驻在空军
Chris was stationed with the Air Force.
我们参加朋友的烤肉会 而我走到后甲板上
We were at a friend's barbecue and I'd walked out to the back deck,
他穿着太空营的T恤 塞到牛仔裤中
and he was wearing this Space Camp T-shirt tucked into his jeans.
他走到我身边 跟我说的第一句话是
And he walked up to me and the first thing that he said to me was,
“你今天有看太空梭升空吗 ”
"Did you watch the space shuttle launch today?"
我第一个反应是“书呆子来罗”
And, um, I think my first reaction was "Nerd alert!"
他不只很风趣 也很会自嘲
Not only is he funny, but he has that ability to laugh at himself
这真的很可爱
which is really endearing.
而且他很体贴 很有爱心
And he's thoughtful, he's caring,
他是我最爱花时间在一起的人
and he's my favorite person to spend time with.
说到这个任务 有时你会感到 兴奋跟骄傲
With this mission, there are times when you feel so proud and excited,
有时你又会感到紧张跟焦虑
and there are times when you feel anxious and nervous.
我内心所考虑跟所求的只是... 你知道的
All I've really am thinking about and wanting is, you know,
他安全回家 我就可以开派对了
come back to Earth safe and sound and then I'll party.
你好
Hello.
从Inspiration4一开始
Right from the start of Inspiration4, right,
知道这是个全平民的航♥空♥任务...
knowing that this was going to be the first civilian mission to space...
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
...很明显地就是 凡是首次发生这种事
...it was just very apparent to me that any time you have a... a first,
它伴随着的是意义和责任
like this, that it comes with significance and responsibility,
这就是我们提出任务核心的原因
and that's why we established our... our mission pillars.
我们任务核心的最后一个是成功
The last was going to be our mission pillar of prosperity.
我从一开始就希望是
Um, and I wanted that to be
选择企业家
an entrepreneur selection process from the start.
我们希望有一个可以 跟世界分享商业意见的队员
We wanted a crew member to share a business idea
我很清楚让一门生意
with the world. And I just know how difficult it is to take a business
从概念变成现实有多难 所以如果我们可以用到这点
from a concept to a reality. And if we can incorporate that into this
并找到一个伟大 并具启发的企业家
and find our next great, inspiring entrepreneur,
那我们就应该这样做
then we should do that too.
我叫西恩普罗克特 我51岁
My name is Sian Proctor. I am 51 years old,
我来自亚利桑那州的凤♥凰♥城
and I am from Phoenix, Arizona.
(西恩)
我没有电视 我没有看超级盃
I don't have a TV, and I did not watch the Super Bowl.
(登入INSPIRA- TION4.COM了解更多)
但在赛事中途 我见到有个朋友发了
But then halfway through the contest, I saw a friend post their video
“成功”那席位的影片 我心想...“还有一个位子 ”
for the prosperity seat. And I went, "There's another seat?"
你需要展示出企业家精神
So, you had to show your entrepreneurial spirit
要拍一段2分20秒的影片 放上推特
and do a two minute and 20 second Twitter video.
我是格雷琴格林
I'm Gretchen Green.
我是布莱恩K史密斯
My name is Brian K. Smith.
我是安德鲁雷德
I'm Andrew Rader.
像很多人一样 我一直希望成为太空人
Like maybe people, I've always wanted to be an astronaut.
我自♥制♥了火箭
I build my own rockets,
每次火箭升空 可以的话我都有看
I watch every launch I can.
有你的支持
我可以带聋哑人士上太空
我一直梦想带整队管弦乐团上太空
I've always dreamt of taking an entire orchestra to space,
而现在我可能真的有机会了
and now I might actually have the chance.
如果有机会从轨道上拍照
An opportunity to create imagery from orbit
将让我的摄影达到全新层次
would quite literally take my photography to new heights.
我想把太空的神秘
I want to bring the mystery and wonder of space
和神奇带给普通人
to the everyday person while simultaneously
同时支持一个了不起的机构
supporting an amazing cause.
我已准备好激励众人
And I'm ready to be an inspiration for all.
生生不息 繁荣昌盛
Live long and prosper.
我想我拍了50次
And so, I think it was 50 takes,
最终 我拍了一段 我想 “好了 我拍完了
and finally, I got one that I... I was like, "Okay, I'm done,
我要发布这个”
I'm gonna post this."
(大家好 谢谢你们支持我#Spa -ceArt#Poetry)
我刚说了我的故事
And, I just told my story.
大家好 我是西恩普罗克特博士
我是一名地球科学家、探险家 和模拟太空人
我一辈子都梦想可以上太空
我1970年3月在关岛出生
I was born in March of 1970, and I was born on Guam.
我们在关岛的原因是
And the reason why we were on Guam is because
我父亲在阿波罗任务期间 在太空总署的跟踪站工作
my dad was working at the NASA tracking station during the Apollo missions.
而我是在尼尔阿姆斯壮踏上月球后
And I was born eight and a half months after Neil Armstrong
八个半月后出生的
stepped foot on the moon.
所以我是一个庆祝 阿波罗11号♥登月的婴儿
So, I literally am a Apollo 11 moon celebration baby.
爸爸负责帮助跟踪航♥天♥器 在地球周围移♥动♥
Dad was responsible for helping to track the spacecraft as it moved around Earth.
(欢迎阿波罗11号♥机组人员 关岛阿波罗跟踪站)
尼尔阿姆斯壮、伯兹艾德林 参观了跟踪站
Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, went on a tour of the tracking stations
感谢在那里工作的所有人
to thank everybody that worked there.
(关岛很好 但月球更好)
尼尔阿姆斯壮给我了一张很好的 小便条 “亲爱的艾德
And so, Neil Armstrong wrote this really nice note that said,
感谢所有的帮助 尼尔阿姆斯壮 阿波罗11号♥”
"To Ed, thanks for all the help. Neil Armstrong, Apollo 11."
(阿波罗11号♥ 欢迎太空人)
我很早就是一个好斗、独♥立♥的孩子
I was a feisty, independent kid early on.
我喜欢室外活动及飞机
My passions were anything outdoors, and airplanes.
在高中时 你会在储物柜里贴照片吗
In high school, you know how you put up pictures in your locker?
我的储物柜里有一张上下倒转的 F16飞行员照片
I had a photo of an F-16 pilot, inverted, in my locker.
我射不中这该死的东西
I can't shoot this son of a bitch,
让我们看看能否来逗逗他
let's see if we can have a little fun with him.
我第一次看《扞卫战士》时 感到震惊
When I saw Top Gun for the first time, it blew my mind.
我说“那正是我想做的事”
I was like, "Oh, this is exactly what I want to do."
但那都是男人做的事
But it was all about men,
我觉得我不可能成为 那个世界的一部分
I just thought that I couldn't be a part of that world.
我完全没有女战斗机飞行员 可以作为榜样
I had zero female fighter pilots as role models,
而我一直认为太空人跟 军事战斗机飞行员一样
and I had always seen being an astronaut through the military fighter pilot lens.
所以我想我不可能成为太空人
And so, I thought that I couldn't ever be an astronaut.
但几年后我收到一封电邮
But then, years later, somebody emailed me and said
“太空总署在请太空人 你要报名” 加附一个连结
"NASA is looking for astronauts, you should apply," with the link.
(美国需要你来担任太空以及 科技任务的先锋)
当那个公告登出说要请太空人时
I was 38 years old when that announcement came out
当时我38岁
that they were looking for astronauts.
那一轮有三千五百人申请
There was about 3,500 that applied for that selection round,
当中他们选了九个
and out of that, they chose nine.
我在想 “为什后他们会选我 ”
And I... I'm like, "Why would they choose me?"
(必须符合健康以及教育标准)
之后当我看入选要求时 我发现
And then I realized when I looked at the requirements that I'd met
我达到了成为太空人 大部分的最低标准
most of the minimum requirements for being an astronaut.
而我最终入围了 即是说最后就只剩
And I ended up being a finalist, which meant that I got down to,
一通通知我结果的电♥话♥
literally, a yes/no phone call.
(西恩)
那通电♥话♥打来了
The yes/no phone call comes in,
他们只说“对不起 我们没有选中你 下次再试吧”
they just said, "Sorry, we didn't select you, please try again."
当然 你会说“噢” 因为你那后接近
And of course, you're like, "Oh," you know, 'cause you're that close
童年梦想 但它却溜走了
to this childhood dream, and... and it just slipped away.
当她收到没有获选成为太空总署的
When she got the news that she wasn't selected as a NASA
太空人时
uh, astronaut,
你感觉你的梦想已经灰飞烟灭了
you kinda see the lights go down, right?
因为你觉得这个机会不会再发生了
because you don't think this opportunity is gonna ever happen again.
这真是很令人沮丧
You know, it was a devastating blow.
他们在较早前又招聘太空人 就在新冠肺炎开始前
They put out a call for astronauts not too long ago, just before COVID.
别人问我:“你要报名吗 ”
And people asked me, "Are you gonna apply?" And I'm like,
我说:“我都50岁了 我觉得去太空不是我该走的路
"Now I'm, you know, 50, and I just don't think that's the route for me
但我想如果有一天有太空旅行 那就可以”
if I'm gonna go to space. But, I think that one day commercial space will work."
当我提交 Inspiration4的影片时
When I submitted my video for Inspiration4,
我没有标榜自己是科学家及地理家
I didn't bill myself as a scientist and a geologist,
我标榜自己为诗人和艺术家
I billed myself as a poet and an artist.
我开了自己的店 卖♥♥我的艺术品
I opened up my shop where I sell my art.
我的企业家精神在於
我把太空艺术和诗词结合
比赛中的一个规则是
Now, one of the rules for the contest
你需要有点知名度
was that you had to be able to go viral a little bit.
越多赞好和关注
The more likes and attention it got,
你就越有可能可以进入 最终甄选回合
the greater the chances are it would make it to the final selection process.
於是我在推特突然爆红
And so I rallied Twitter.
三天内我有七万人看过我的影片
And in three days, I had 70,000 views on my video.
我在星期六收到电邮说 “我们有些行政方面的事
I got an email on Saturday that said, "Hey, we've got some administrative stuff
我们需要跟你核对一下
for you that we need to check on.
你可以在周日 跟我们Zoom对话吗 ”
Can you jump on a Zoom really quickly on Sunday?"
(2021年3月7日)
-嘿 普罗克特博士 -嗨 杰瑞德 嗨 基德
-Hey, Dr. Proctor. -Hi! Hi, Jared! Hi, Kidd!
嗨
Hi!
我在想 “杰瑞德在这里”
And I'm like, "Jared's on here."
好消息是...
剧集 | 发射倒计时:灵感4号平民太空任务(2021) | 导航列表