剧集 | 发射倒计时:灵感4号平民太空任务(2021) | 导航列表
(离发射还有137天)
我觉得无论如何
I think no matter what,
我们都会看到美丽风景
we're gonna see some… it's gonna look beautiful.
无论发生什么 我们只需知道
Whatever happens, we get out there, just know,
不管是谁来登这座山 都不可能100%成功
anyone else who attempts this mountain, it's not 100% success rate.
我每次参与的旅程 总有人半途而返
Every trip I've been on, people are coming back down.
他们训练了六个月 而...你们只有一个月准备时间
They train for six months, like, so… you guys had a month's notice, really.
当我第一次听到我们要爬山时
When I first heard we were gonna climb a mountain,
我就想“杰瑞德疯了 他为什么要这么做 ”
I was kind of like, "Jared is crazy, like, why is he doing this?"
在过去50年内 基本上每个 美国宇航局任务小队都做过这类事
Pretty much every NASA crew has done something like this for the last 50 years.
我当然喜欢复♥制♥其他任务的成功手段
I definitely like replicating what has worked for others on their missions.
所有这些还有更多东西 都要装进这个小背包
All this and more is gonna fit into that little backpack.
已经有点不舒服了 要学着打包
Already this is uncomfortable learning how to pack a pack
还要尽量不让太多人看到我的内♥裤♥
and try not to show too many people my undergarments, you know.
人们会问他穿什么颜色的 这不重要
"What color is he wearing?" That's not important.
你要尽量拉卡它们的拉链
You want 'em mostly unzipped.
你最不想不停摆弄衣服
Last thing you want to do is be fiddling
遇冷拉链上会积湿雪
in the cold, wet snow with zippers.
每次任务都会发生意想不到的事
There are things that are unexpected that happen on every single mission.
所以我觉得最好还是在地球上 提前学会一些技能
So I think it's good to work and build on some of those skills here on Earth before
以防在轨道上或返程时措手不及
we experience it either in orbit or coming back.
我经常徒步
-So I'm a hiker. -Yeah.
会走24千米 我会像兔子一样 冲出去 没法匀速
And so, doing 15 miles, I'm a rabbit, where I will… I can't pace myself.
我们不需要看谁最快爬到山顶
We don't need to see, you know, who can move the fastest up the mountain,
也不需要看谁负重最多
we don't need to see who can carry the most weight.
我们会设置一个困难但能达成的目标
We're gonna set a goal that's difficult but achievable,
我觉得这能映照
which I think is gonna have a lot of parallels
在龙飞船里头几天的经历
to being in a Dragon spacecraft for a couple days.
我准备好了
I'm ready to go.
咱们走吧
Let's do it.
好
Yes!
(山中小屋)
这是缪尔营地的图片 好吧 这是我们的目标
So, this is a picture of Camp Muir, right? This is our goal.
缪尔营地位于山脊线上 分隔开了
Camp Muir sits on a ridgeline that separates the Muir snowfield
缪尔雪原和考利茨冰川
from the Cowlitz Glacier.
在山区 我们不以水平距离衡量事物
In the mountains, we don't measure things in horizontal distances,
因为那样会很有欺骗性
the reason being, it's pretty deceptive.
明天要攀登垂直距离1.2千米
Tomorrow is gonna be a 4,400-foot vertical day.
我最担心会出事
My biggest fear is that something is going to happen,
然后我就不能去太空了
and I'm not going to be able to go to space.
我腿里的那根棒其实断过两次
The rod in my leg has actually broken twice,
毫无征兆就断了
like, pretty out of the blue,
每次我腿里有点疼 我就在想
and I just keep thinking, like, every time I have a little pain in my leg, like,
“千万别断”
it can't break.
我下雪时甚至都不出门
When it was snowing, I didn't even go outside.
我就觉得我会滑倒 去不了太空
I was like, I'll slip, and can't go to space.
如果上天夺走了这次机会 我会崩溃的
If this opportunity was taken away, I would be so devastated.
感觉如何 海莉
How's it feel, Hayley?
目前还好
So far, fine.
相比于这次太空任务
I think I'm more fearful of her going up Mt. Rainier
我更担心她爬雷尼尔上
than the space mission.
如果她的腿有问题
What if something happens to her leg
她不能去了怎么办
and she can't go?
作为儿童癌症幸存者 如果你体内假体曾经断过
And that's just the reality of being a childhood cancer survivor
你就要面对这种可能
that has an internal prosthetic that has broken in the past.
我想让你们放心 目前雪崩可能为零
To put you at ease, there is zero possibility of an avalanche.
很好
Great.
你们要担心很多破事
There's plenty of other shit you should be worried about,
但雪崩不是其一
but avalanche is not one of them.
最后确认我的东西 是否都在我预想的位置
Just making sure all my stuff is where I want it to be.
当然可以
Absolutely. Absolutely.
这样感觉好点吗
That feel better?
-感觉好点了 -好 这...
- Yeah. - Okay, it was…
谢谢
Thanks.
好了 朋友们 这是我们的出发点
All righty, guys, this is our jumping-off point!
大家都涂防晒霜了吗
Did everyone get a chance to put a little sunscreen on?
我知道现在这么问有点滑稽 因为我们头顶着乌云
I know that seems funny right now, buried under the cloud,
但还是会有很多辐射穿过云层 所以要抹防晒霜
but there's still a lot of radiation coming through, so sunscreen,
涂唇膏 并全程戴墨镜
lip balm, and let's go glasses on the whole time.
如果你不戴墨镜 你的眼睛会严重充血
If you don't wear the glasses, you'll end up with pretty bloodshot eyes
甚至可能对你自己造成伤害
and potentially even do some harm to yourselves.
我们会教你们一些技巧
Now, we're gonna work with you guys on technique as we get going uphill
让你们在上山时尽量节省体力
to try to save the most energy we can.
我们今天任务艰巨
We have a big day in front of us.
大家能应付 但需要付出大量努力
It's manageable, but it's still gonna be a lot of hard work.
你们稍微拖着脚走
As you guys walk along, give that little scuff with your boots.
保持缓慢稳定的速率
Nice, slow, steady rhythm.
现在绝对像龟兔赛跑
This is definitely a tortoise and hare kind of situation.
汉娜在前方引领我们
Hannah's gonna lead us right out of here,
大家彼此保持60-90厘米
and let's stay just maybe two, three feet between each other.
目前感觉还行 我能完成
So far feeling good. This is doable.
但我觉得之后会更难
I think it's gonna get harder, though.
(1700千米 已攀爬1小时15分钟)
你们看起来不错 一定注意深呼吸
Looking good, guys, make sure we're taking nice, deep breaths.
其实不太知道我们要去哪儿
Not sure where we were going,
因为全程就看不清往哪儿走
'cause we couldn't see where we were headed the entire time.
我们被困住了
We were socked in.
山这侧形成了云堤 罩住了我们
We were in this cloud bank that kind of like enveloped us,
你只能看到你前面的人
so you could see the person in front of you, and that's it.
我开始时很乐观 也就是说有点天真
I went into it really optimistically slash slightly naively,
我就想“已经徒步了70分钟 肯定没问题”
saying, "I got up to 70 minutes on the treadmill, I will be fine."
可其实我不知道第一天 到底要徒步多久
And really, I didn't know how long we were gonna be hiking the first day.
上山迈向冰冷环境
Hayley, she has a significant disadvantage
会对海莉非常不利
when it comes to going uphill on icy conditions.
但她还是坚韧不屈
But she's also tough as nails,
她有毅力和决心
and she just has grit and determination,
我觉得这些品质帮助她熬过了
and I think that that's what helped get her through
她是十岁时最难熬的部分
that most trying part of her life when she was ten years old.
你还好吗
You all right?
我只是不知道怎么爬上去
Yeah, I just don't know how I'm gonna get up.
干得好
Good job.
(超过1830千米 已攀爬2小时45分钟)
你们就快到顶了
You're almost at the top and you're… you're doing it.
这么一步步缓慢向上爬不容易
It's not easy dragging uphill.
爬得越高 就越困难
And the higher up you go, the harder it's gonna get,
因为你会变疲惫 空气也变稀薄
'cause you're getting tired and, you know, you've got less air.
随着海拔增高 气压降低
So, as we go up in altitude, the pressure drops, so we counter that…
我们感到呼吸不畅
…by throwing in those pressure breaths.
(超过2440千米 已攀爬4小时21分钟)
爬到四分之三 我的腿就没劲了
Three-fourths of the way up, you know, my legs were dying.
西安挣扎得和我一样厉害
And then Sian's there, and she's struggling just as hard as I am,
可能还更厉害
if not more so.
这玩意很难 但你们表现很好
This shit is hard, but you are doing great.
你们会爬上去的 可能会花点时间 但总会到的
You know you're gonna get there. Might take a little bit, but you will get there.
我们就快到了
We are almost there.
-你的包挺有分量的 -挺重的
-You've got some pack weight there. -Yeah, this is heavy.
我来拿吧
I'll take it.
我当时的状态是 “天哪 这永远结束不了”
I got to that point where I'm like, "My goodness, this is never gonna end."
而杰瑞德就这么拿走了我的背包
And, you know, Jared was like, "Let's take your backpack."
咱们走
Let's do it.
说到他代表的“领导”品质
So when we talk about the leadership seat, the pillar that he's in,
他真的证明了这点
he really manifests that.
-感觉如何 海莉 -我感觉很好
- How you feeling, Hayley? - I feel great.
我之前感觉不好
I didn't feel good earlier.
你的脚步太稳当了 感觉你显然更适应了
Your footwork is rock sol it's like you're getting more comfortable for sure.
是
Yeah.
最后加把劲 我们就要到了
One last push, and we're there.
再走15分钟
Fifteen minutes!
只有15分钟的话我们怎么都行
We can do anything for 15 minutes.
准备好了吗 再努力15分钟
Yeah, you guys ready? 15-minute push?
这基本上就是升入太空所用的时间
So like basically, the amount of time we're gonna get to space.
差不多
Yeah, pretty much.
好了 咱们走
剧集 | 发射倒计时:灵感4号平民太空任务(2021) | 导航列表