剧集 | 发射倒计时:灵感4号平民太空任务(2021) | 导航列表
well, what comes next? Ex-military aircraft?
你可以飞战斗机吗 结果真的可以
Can you fly fighter jets? And it turns out, you can.
结果我就加入航♥空♥展团队
And that led to airshow teams.
我是在航♥空♥展飞雷鸟时认识杰瑞德
Jared and I met at an airshow while I was flying with the Thunderbirds.
我有飞行的背景 我在空军驾驶F16长达20年
That's my background, 20 years in the Air Force flying F16s.
而太空界也有很多的一致性和比较性
There's a lot of consistencies and comparisons to the space world.
杰瑞德知道他要上太空
Jared knew he was going to space.
只是还不知道对象、飞什么 或是何时、何地、怎么做
He just didn't know who, what, or where, when, and how.
开始
Start.
(2008年 联盟号♥发射 哈萨克 拜科努尔)
倒数15秒
T minus 15 seconds.
2008年时 因为我对飞行的兴趣
2008, based on my interest in aviation,
我受邀观看联盟号♥发射
I got an invitation to watch the Soyuz go up.
-五、四、三、二、一 -准备 升空
- Five, four, three, two, one. - Prime, and lift-off.
联盟号♥火箭升空 载着麦可芬克
Lift-off of the Soyuz rocket transporting Mike Fincke,
尤里隆查科夫和李察盖里欧特 前往他们在太空的家
Yury Lonchacov, and Richard Garriott to their home in space.
真是太棒了
And it was amazing.
飞行控制器待命准备接触并衔接
Flight controller standing by for contact and capture
国际太空站
of the International Space Station.
它还载了一位太空旅人
And it actually took a space tourist up,
就是李察盖里欧特 也参与那次的任务
Richard Garriott was up on that mission.
李察盖里欧特 跟着上了国际太空站
Richard Garriott launched to the International Space Station
他是自己出资的非官方太空人
as a self-funded private astronaut.
那是我第一次接触到这个想法
So that was kind of my first exposure to the idea that maybe
也许世界的发展将不再会是
we're progressing towards a world where it won't always
只有航太总署的太空人 和俄♥罗♥斯♥的宇航员
just be NASA astronauts and Russian cosmonauts
才能上太空
that are going into space.
盖里欧特最后一次挥手道别
Garriott waving goodbye for the final time.
过了12年 2020年时我接到一通电♥话♥
Twelve years later, in 2020, I was on a call,
我和SpaceX的人开始聊了起来 谈话中并未提及
and I was talking to people from SpaceX, and it was not related
我要上太空或是人类上太空的事
to me going to space, or any human being going to space,
聊的都是些其他的东西
it was a very unrelated conversation.
但我说了一句话
I did make a comment that, um,
“如果你们打算开放这个计画
"Whenever you guys are ready to really open this thing up,
请不要忘了我”
just, like, keep me in mind."
这是挂电♥话♥前最后说的话
And this was like a closing comment on a phone call. It was like,
“其实我们比你想的更接近了
"Well, actually we might be a lot more ready than you might think,
如果你想要 你有机会成为第一人”
and if you want, you have the opportunity to be the first."
我非常感兴趣
And I was just all over it.
我们的任务是
Our mission is...
你知道当杰瑞德有话要说时
You know when Jared wants to share something.
他会让你觉得 “这很重要 要注意听”的样子
The way he says something, it's like, "Okay, he has something to share."
我们当时在纽约谈生意
We were in New York for business purposes,
我们去中♥央♥公园慢跑
and we went for a run around Central Park,
他通常会戴着耳机、听商业播客
and usually, he's on his earpiece, listening to some business podcast,
而且不理我
um, ignores me.
但这次他在说话
But this time he was talking.
他开始提到太空任务
He started to allude to the space mission,
我不完全了解他在说什么
and I didn't fully grasp what he was talking about.
他开始谈到…
He starts talking about how
他和SpaceX的人见面
he met with SpaceX,
机会找上他了
and this opportunity has presented itself,
我心想…“他真的在说上太空吗
and I'm like, "Is he really talking about going to space?
不可能的”
Like, there's no way."
他解释得越多
The more and more he explained,
提供我越多细节 我就说:“你真的要上太空吗 ”
the more details he provided, and I'm like "Dude, are you going to space?"
他说…
And he's like,
“对啊”
"Yup."
然后我说…
And I'm like,
“天啊”
"Holy shit."
(加州霍桑市 SpaceX总部)
就在杰瑞德告诉我
In a matter of a couple weeks, we go from Jared telling me
他要上太空几周后 我们就来到了SpaceX
he's gonna do this space thing, to here we are at SpaceX.
我想:“这是真的
It was like, "This is for reals.
老兄 你要上太空了
Dude, you're going to space.
简直是疯了”
That's insane."
我想我们先从这里开始介绍
Um, I thought what we would do is start out here
这具漂亮的“猎鹰9号♥”火箭
with this beautiful thing, this beautiful Falcon 9 rocket.
这是非常特别的火箭
Um, and this rocket is a very special rocket.
我们认识不久 他就说有一天他要上太空
Early on, there were talks that, like, one day he'd go to space,
如果有人对你说这种话 你不会相信
I mean, you don't believe it when, like, somebody's telling you,
我想:“好吧 他有梦想” 你就接受他的梦想
but I'm like, "All right, he's got dreams" and you kinda, like, accept them.
他宣布了这个消息
He broke the news.
对 听完我就哭了
Yeah, I think the tears definitely came down.
你只会想:“我的配偶 我的丈夫、我孩子的父亲
All you think is, "My spouse, my husband, father of my children,
要上太空”
is going to space."
我们不知道有什么风险 你自动地想到
We don't know the risk, right? You just automatically think, like,
“哇 可能会出事”
"Wow, something can happen."
他一直很爱冒险 这又是另一个层次
He's always been adventurous, so... this was just on a different level.
现在大家都知道要如何发射和降落
Okay, now everybody knows how to launch one, how to land one.
你们知道所有的秘诀了
You've got all the secret sauce.
不要自己开火箭公♥司♥ 好吗
Don't go make your own rocket company, okay?
SpaceX一开始的愿景就是
If you look at SpaceX, their vision right from the start is,
让人类成为跨星球的物种 因为…
make humankind a multi-planetary species, because...
我们的鸡蛋都放在同一个篮子里
we got a lot of eggs in one basket here.
看看恐龙的下场就知道了
And it didn't go really well for the dinosaurs.
我成立SpaceX的原因是 让生物能跨星球
The reason I started SpaceX was to help make life multi-planetary,
让人类上火星
to get humanity to Mars.
如果我们是能在太空旅行的文明
The future is vastly more exciting and interesting
成为跨星球生存的物种 这样的未来
if we're a space-faring civilization and a multi-planet species
会变得更刺♥激♥、更有趣得多
than if we are not.
我觉得没有什么比上太空 在群星之间旅行
And I can't think of anything more exciting than going out there
更酷的事
and being among the stars.
人类必须成为跨星球的物种
It's important for the future of humanity to be a multi-planet species,
这样我们才能更了解宇宙的本质
so that we better understand the nature of the universe,
并且在地球发生灾难时保护我们
and also protects against some calamity on Earth.
最初的火箭是
The initial model of a rocket was
用一次就得要抛弃的机器
that it would be a use once, throw-away machine.
要丢掉的这个机器也未免太大了
Now that's a big machine to throw away.
农神5号♥火箭的建造和发射 花费了四亿美元
The Saturn V rocket cost $400 million to build and launch,
而且那还是1960年代的币值
and that was in 1960s money.
而且只能用一次
And it was used a single time.
伊隆提出了不同的见解
Elon saw something different.
他相信我们可以重复使用火箭
Elon believed we can reuse these rockets.
五、四、三、二、一
Five, four, three, two, one.
升空
Liftoff!
SpaceX是第一间 证明火箭可以重复使用的公♥司♥
SpaceX was the first company to prove out reusability of rockets.
重复使用是终极目标
Reusability is the holy grail.
这是重大的突破
It's a profound breakthrough.
成功分离 接下来
Successful separation, we're coming up on...
这本来是不可能成功的事
This was something that was not supposed to be able to be done.
猎鹰着陆了
And the Falcons have landed!
他组织的团队相信他的愿景
His team that he's assembled, that believe in his vision,
实现了被认为是不可能的事
have done what no one thought was possible.
离他们第一次把火箭降落在船上 已过了六年了
It's been six years since they first landed a rocket on a ship.
没有人做过这种事
No one else has done it.
SpaceX去年负责三分之二
SpaceX today is responsible for about two-thirds of...
地球到轨道的酬载
all of the Earth's payload to orbit last year.
美国只能靠我们
We're the only means by which the United States
将太空人送上国际太空站
is able to get astronauts to the Space Station.
一开始运送货物 然后第一次把人送上去
You start flying cargo, and then you're launching people for the first time,
现在我们已经 执行了三次载人的任务
and now we've done three missions with humans on board.
欢迎返回地球 谢谢你们与SpaceX同游
Welcome back to Planet Earth, thanks for flying SpaceX.
下一步绝对是让这变得更亲民
The next chapter's definitely to make it more and more accessible
让一般人也有机会
to regular folks.
我们将会首次送平民上太空
We're gonna be flying civilians for the first time.
我还没进入状况
I'm still not in my zone yet.
不容易进入状况 因为身边都是火箭之类的东西
It's kinda hard, there's rockets being built around me and everything.
Inspiration4将会是 太空旅行史上另一个转捩点
The Inspiration4 will be another change point
这个任务叫做 Inspiration4
in the history of space travel.
我们选择这个名称
We're calling the mission Inspiration4.
因为任务的目标是“启发”
剧集 | 发射倒计时:灵感4号平民太空任务(2021) | 导航列表