剧集 | 发射倒计时:灵感4号平民太空任务(2021) | 导航列表
solving problems on Earth, um, like 99% plus
像是用99%的经济资源 用来解决地球的问题
of our, you know, economy should be dedicated to solving problems on Earth,
但我觉得用1%或更少的钱
but I think, maybe, something like 1% or less than 1%,
可以用於在地球之外延续生命
could be applied to extending life beyond Earth.
想一想 未来我们将是 在太空漫游的文明
Think about a future where we're a space-faring civilization,
跨星球的物种 这是个令人兴奋又启发人心的未来
and a multi-planet species, that's an... an exciting, inspiring future.
如果活着就只是为了解决问题 那生活的意义是什么
If life is just about problems, I mean, why... what's the point of living?
我们都知道太空研发并不昂贵
Space is not inexpensive, like, we all know that.
大家可能的想法是
What thoughts, you know, people can potentially have on it
这是亿万富豪兜风的方式
is, you know, it's a billionaire going on a joyride,
有钱人就有特权可以这么做
the privileges of wealth, to be able to go and...
不必在乎在地球上可以做的事
disregard all the, you know, uh, that could be done here on Earth.
以我来说 每次我做冒险的事
For me, like, anytime I've undertaken any of these adventures in life,
都会有平衡的做法
there has to be some offset.
如果这么做无法对现今世界
We're not gonna do this if we can't make a huge difference
面对的问题造成影响 那我们就不会这么做
for the problems the world's faced with today,
否则我们就没有权利上太空
or we don't earn the right to go up into space.
我们将重心放在圣裘德儿童研究医院
We gravitated right to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.
艾萨克曼说这次任务 不只是为了实现童年梦想
Isaacman says this mission is much more than fulfilling a childhood dream.
这也是一次大规模的募款活动
It's also a massive fundraising effort
目标是募得惊人的两亿美元
to raise an astonishing $200 million
捐给圣裘德儿童医院进行癌症研究
for cancer research at St. Jude Children's Hospital.
而他自己率先捐出一亿美元
And he's writing the first personal check for $100 million.
如果不是在对的时间发生对的事
You definitely don't get into my position in life
我就不可能有今天的地位
unless a couple of things went your way at the right time.
然后你会想到
And then you think about,
光谱的另一端
well, the extreme other end of the spectrum
有些家庭发生重大事故
is the families where nothing went right,
他们的人生非常不顺遂
they got dealt a horrible hand in life,
很多的孩子甚至无法长大成人
um, and... a lot of these kids in, you know, don't even grow up
没有机会体验我人生中
and have a chance to experience even 1/100th, uh...
甚至1%的经历
of what I've had the opportunity to experience, and it's just, uh...
这样的不平衡感觉…很糟
it's an imbalance that's... that sucks,
非常糟 我们必须想办法帮助他们
and it's terrible and we should do something about it.
(2021年1月22日 与圣裘德医院专案启动视讯)
上线了吗 大家都听得到
We live? Everyone can hear us?
听得到 很好
Good, thumbs up? All right.
我要欢迎让这次任务首次实现的
I wanna welcome the two most significant organizations
两个最主要的组织
to this mission coming together for the first time:
当然是SpaceX 如果不是你们的创新和能力
SpaceX, obviously, you have no means to get to outer space
我们也没办法进入太空
without all the great innovations and capabilities you guys brought together,
还有圣裘德儿童研究医院
and St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.
我们为什么要这么做
And why are we doing this?
我们希望这是启动史上最成功
To kick off what hopefully is the most successful fundraising
也提高世人注意的募款活动
and awareness campaign in history.
如果我们最终生活的世界
If we are going to eventually live in a world
人人都能上太空、在星际间旅行
where everybody is capable of going out and journeying amongst the stars,
那我们最好同时也对抗儿童癌症
then we'd better fight childhood cancer along the way.
还有一件事 其他的成员
The other thing, too, is like, the rest of the crew members
也必须能代表这个任务善的一面
have to represent the good we're trying to do with the mission.
我们不是带一群钓鱼夥伴上去
We're not gonna go up with a bunch of fishing buddies,
不会是这样的
like, it's not gonna work that way.
加入这个任务的每个人
Like, every person who's gonna join this mission
本身就必须以自己的方式 传达出一个强大
has to be able to deliver a very powerful and inspiring story
且激励人心的故事
in their own right.
这就是我们任务的主轴
And that's where we came up with our mission pillars.
好 我来解释我们怎么选择组员
Yeah, it might make sense just to even explain, like, you know,
你们就会觉得很合理
that seat selection process and everything, you know?
我们希望一位成员代表“希望”
We wanted a crew member to represent hope,
我们希望一位成员代表“慷慨”
a crew member to represent generosity,
一位成员代表“成功”
and a crew member to represent prosperity.
而我代表的是“领导统御”
And there's my seat to represent leadership.
我们要出去找的组员
We are going out and identifying people to occupy those seats
能代表人类最好的一面
that really represent the best of humanity.
为了寻找代表“希望”的组员
So, for our crew member that represented hope,
我们和圣裘德儿童研究医院合作
we're teamed up so heavily with St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital,
我觉得最能代表 这个任务传达所的希望
I can't think of anyone better to represent the mission's spirit of hope
就是童年得过癌症幸存下来
than a former cancer survivor who grew up
长大后成为医疗人员的人物
to become a healthcare professional.
我们去圣裘德医院问 “你们应该认识
And we went to St. Jude and said, "You know, surely you might know
符合这个条件的人”
somebody who, you know, who fits this profile."
我们已经选择了一位 了不起的人道主义者
We've already selected one person, uh, who's a great humanitarian,
这位急救人员 童年时也得过癌症
a first responder, you know, a childhood cancer survivor,
小时候在圣裘德医院接受治疗 长大后成为医疗人员
treated at St. Jude, grew up to become a healthcare professional,
现在继续在圣裘德医院奋斗
and now is still in the fight at St. Jude again
帮助儿童战胜病魔
helping other kids beat it.
(田纳西州 曼非斯)
我是海莉亚森诺 29岁 我来自路易斯安纳州
My name is Hayley Arceneaux, I'm 29 years old, and I'm from Louisiana,
但我现在住在曼菲斯市
but I live in Memphis now.
-谢谢你 -祝你今天愉快
- Thank you. - All right, have a great one.
谢谢你
Thank you.
(新鲜市场)
我小时候住在路易斯安纳州
I grew up in a really sweet, small town called St. Francisville
一个叫圣法兰西丝维尔的小镇
in Louisiana.
她很友善 喜欢认识新朋友
She was very friendly, and she loved meeting new people.
我总是对她说:“别和陌生人说话
I'd always be like, "Don't talk to strangers,
别和陌生人回家” 但是我觉得她可能会想
don't go home with strangers," and I was thinking she would think,
“这是个不错的冒险” 我很怕她会这样
"That might be a nice adventure to go on..." and I was afraid of that.
她就是这么友善
That's how friendly she was.
我的童年很快乐
And I just had this really happy childhood.
我学习舞蹈、体操和跆拳道
I was in dance, gymnastics, and tae kwon do.
我和爸爸一起学跆拳道
I was in tae kwon do alongside my dad.
我们一星期要去练习两次
We would go to practice twice a week together.
十岁的时候 我刚拿到黑带
And at age ten, I'd just gotten my black belt,
然后 我的膝盖开始疼痛了起来
and then, I was having pain in my knee,
医生说 可能是练跆拳道时
and the doctor said, you know, probably
膝盖使用过度所造成的损伤
an overuse injury from tae kwon do.
我服用一些非处方笺药物
I took some over-the-counter meds,
一个星期没练习跆拳道 感觉好一点
stayed out of tae kwon do for a week, felt better, um,
但后来却开始越来越痛
but then the pain started getting worse.
我很清楚记得我发现肿块的那天
Well, I vividly remember the day that I found the lump.
我们正从学校走向车子 走到停车场时
We were walking to the car from school, and she was kind
她走路开始一跛一跛的 我说:“怎么了吗 ”
of limping in the parking lot, and I was like, "What's the matter?"
她说:“我膝盖好痛”
And she said, "My knee hurts, my knee hurts."
我说:“回到家时我看一看”
So I said, "I'll look at it when we get home."
她在煎松饼 然后对我说 “让我看看你的膝盖
She was making pancakes, and she said, "Let me look at your knee,
你刚才一直喊痛”
you were mentioning that earlier."
她看了一眼就倒吸一口气
She looked at it and then she gasped.
我记得她跑去炉灶那边
And I remember she went over to the fire where
把煎松饼的火关掉
the pancakes were and turned it off.
她一直说:“这个情况多久了 ”
She kept saying, "How long have you had that?"
然后她就指着我膝盖上的肿块 就在膝盖的正上方
And she pointed to this knot on my knee, like right above my knee.
隔天早上我们去看医生
We went to the doctor the next morning.
我和医生偷偷走到走廊 我说
I snuck out in the hall with the doctor, and I said,
“是很严重的病吗 ”
"Could this be something serious?"
结果那个医生一把抱住我 给了我一个大大的拥抱
And the doctor just hugged me. She gave me this big bear hug,
那时我就知道了
and, at that point, I just knew.
后来她被诊断罹患骨肉瘤
She ended up being diagnosed with osteosarcoma,
那是一种骨癌
which is bone cancer.
我们回到家 爸爸马上开始上网
We returned home, and my dad immediately looked up
查询骨肉瘤的资讯 并找到圣裘德的网站
osteosarcoma online and found the St. Jude website.
要去圣裘德必须符合规定
In order to go to St. Jude, they have to have a protocol
正好他们必须正在研究这种癌症
that they're studying that type of cancer, which they were.
海莉和我飞去曼菲斯
Hayley and I flew to Memphis.
我走进去 他们有个接待处
I walked in and they had the reception desk.
(入院登记)
我说:“我来了 我的女儿是海”
And I said, "I'm here. My daughter is Hayl..."
我就开始大哭
and I just burst into tears.
甚至无法把她的名字说完
I couldn't even finish saying her name.
我记得自己后退一步
And I remember, I just kind of stepped back,
试着振作起来 同时感觉到有一双手臂围绕着我
and trying to compose myself, and I feel these arms around me.
是接待员潘妮小姐 她在我耳边轻轻地说
And it was the receptionist, Miss Penny, and she whispered in my ear,
“不会有事的
剧集 | 发射倒计时:灵感4号平民太空任务(2021) | 导航列表