剧集 | 发射倒计时:灵感4号平民太空任务(2021) | 导航列表
我觉得这是对人类的一大嘲讽
I like to think of it as humanity's great taunting.
太空在嘲讽我们 因为它一直都在 而且看得到
Space taunts us because it's always there, it's always visible,
就在宇宙之窗的外面
it's directly across the cosmic window.
就在望远镜的另一边
Just on the other side of the glass
是我们看得到、可以想像的广阔世界
is this great expanse that we can see, we can imagine,
但我们却碰不到 这样的诱惑令人难以抗拒
but we cannot touch. And that lure is irresistible.
在人类历史中 浩瀚宇宙
Throughout human history, the enormity of space,
广大的苍穹引发人们的
the great bowl of the sky has always inspired equal parts
尊敬、畏惧和恐惧
reverence, awe, and mortal terror.
从我们第一次仰望星空
Space is the place we have been striving to go
就开始追求上太空
since we first looked up at the stars.
而且从1957年开始 我们就一直往太空发展
And we have actually been going since 1957.
今天的天空有一颗新的卫星 是一个58公分的金属球体
Today a new moon is in the sky: a 23-inch metal sphere placed
由俄♥罗♥斯♥火箭送上轨道
in orbit by a Russian rocket.
我们选择在十年内上月球 并实现其他任务
We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things,
不是因为这很简单 而是因为这很困难
not because they are easy, but because they are hard.
美苏之间的竞争
The competition between the US and the Soviet Union
激化了两国间的太空竞赛
turbocharged the space race.
在一开始 从未有任何人类
We went from a standing start, with no human being
离开过脚下这片土地
ever having been off the planet,
经过八年 我们终於站上了月球
to the surface of the moon in eight years.
“这是我的一小步 却是人类的一大步 ”
It's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.
(人类在月球行走 “大♥跃♥进♥”)
太空竞赛1.0 是美苏之间的竞赛
The Space Race 1.0 was the US and the Soviet Union.
太空竞赛2.0忽然间 成了私营企业的赛场
Space Race 2.0 is suddenly the private sector saying,
“如果我有钱、有知识也有意愿
"If I have the money, and I have the know-how, and I have the will,
我就可以上太空”
I can go to space."
7月11日 我们看到李察布兰森 将太空飞机带到80公里高
On July 11, we saw Richard Branson take his space plane 50 miles high...
三、二、一 放开
Three, two, one, release, release, release.
给了飞机上的乘客 三分半到四分钟的
...and gave its passengers about three and a half, four minutes
太空体验
in space.
我是个成年人 我还与其他 杰出的成年人一起在太空船内
I'm an adult in a spaceship with lots of other wonderful adults!
…二、一
...two, one.
点火
Ignition.
9天后 杰夫贝佐斯飞到了 超过99公里的高空
Nine days later, Jeff Bezos flew over 62 miles high.
他们载着乘客在亚轨道 进行11分钟的太空飞行
They flew passengers on an 11-minute popgun suborbital space flight.
这些都不是小成就
These were not small accomplishments.
而SpaceX“灵感4号♥” 即将做的事 更是雄心勃勃
What SpaceX's Inspiration4 mission is about to do is vastly more ambitious
而且会彻底改变游戏规则
and will change the game entirely.
历史上首次 将有四位平民上太空
For the first time, four civilians are going to space.
他们将独自绕行地球三天
They will orbit the Earth for three days by themselves.
他们是四位非专业太空人
These are four non-professional astronauts
乘坐太空船绕行地球一圈又一圈
flying a spacecraft around and around the earth.
这是历史的转捩点
This is a hinge point in history,
将为云云众生 推开进入太空的大门
and will kick the doors open to space for the rest of us.
“Inspiration4”是由 四个背景不同的人所组成
Inspiration4 is four people with very different backgrounds.
参与这个任务的每个人
Every person who's gonna join this mission
本身就必须能以自己的方式
has to be able to deliver a very powerful
传达出一个强大且激励人心的故事
and inspiring story in their own right.
我们代表着一种 包容且多元化进入太空的方式
We represent inclusive, diverse access to space.
史上已有三位黑人美国女性太空人
There have been three Black female American astronauts.
我将会是第四位
I will be number four.
我将是进入地球轨道最年轻美国人
I'll be the youngest American to go into orbit.
也是第一位上太空的 儿童癌症生还者
Also the first pediatric cancer survivor to go to space.
当我听说他们邀请我时
When I heard that they were offering me a seat,
脑子里涌现了非常多的想法
I had a flood of thoughts through my head.
这趟任务有很多风险 万一出错该怎么办
There's a lot of risk. What happens if something goes wrong?
我有家人 她该怎么办
I have a family. What is that gonna do to her
我们的女儿该怎么办
or what's it gonna do to our daughters?
(“INSPIRATION4” 克里斯赛布罗斯基)
可以肯定的是
It is a certainty
我们会成为跨星球物种
that we will become a multi-planet species.
这是跨出地球 前往其他世界的第一步
And this is the next significant step to other worlds deep beyond earth.
就从此时此刻开始
And it starts now.
我是杰瑞德艾萨克曼 现年38岁
My name is Jared Isaacman, I'm 38 years old.
我是Inspiration4 首次平民太空任务的指挥官
I'm commander of Inspiration4, first all-civilian mission to space.
(杰瑞德)
我相信人生只有一次机会
I do believe you only get one crack at life.
当你有能力时
To the extent you have the means to do so,
你就必须活得精彩
you have this obligation to live life to the fullest.
你不知道能活多久
You never know when it's going to be your last day.
因为这样的人生哲学 我最初的两次绕行世界航行
That kind of philosophy has taken me from my first two flights
分别创下2008年 和2009年的世界纪录
around the world, which were both world record attempts in 2008 and 2009.
(飞行员的愿望: 破纪录、为病童募款)
我也在航♥空♥展的七架飞机 飞行特技表演队中担任飞行员
It's taken me to flying airshows as part of a seven-ship formation acrobatic team.
我也到过有趣的地方 例如南极
It's taken me to some interesting places in the world, like Antarctica,
还有登山长征
on mountain climbing expeditions.
他非常有冒险精神
He's definitely adventurous.
我想他会说他并不是不怕死
I think he would tell you he's not a daredevil,
因为他喜欢计算风险
'cause he likes to calculate his risks,
但他真的是很大胆
but he is like a daredevil.
我知道我很幸运
I just know how lucky I am,
很大的程度上是因为
and a large part of it is because
我经营的公♥司♥事业有成
I've had a very successful day job running a company that's...
让我负担得起这个机会
that's afforded me these opportunities.
“杰瑞德艾萨克曼的生意头脑
Jared Isaacman had an idea that is now worth
价值超过五千万美元
more than $50 million.
他想出办法让企业可以
He figured out a way for businesses
更快速处理信♥用♥卡♥”
to process credit cards more quickly.
“高中辍学的企业家杰瑞德艾萨克曼
High school dropout turned businessman Jared Isaacman.
你还很年轻就成立这么棒的公♥司♥
You're still young, you created this great company,
你赚了很多钱
you're making a lot of money...
‘一切都是机运’”
You know, it's all about opportunity.
“杰瑞德的公♥司♥成长超过百分之两千
Jared's company grew more than 2000%.
执行长杰瑞德艾萨克曼要敲响
CEO Jared Isaacman is ringing the closing bell
纽约证券交易所的交易铃”
of the New York Stock Exchange.
(SHIFT4支付 纽约证券交易所 )
(追求极度刺♥激♥ 他突破亿万富豪的极限)
杰瑞总是令我们提心吊胆
Jared always, like, kinda keeps us on our toes.
我的感觉通常是 “不 又来了 接下来是什么 ”
Like, usually my feelings are like, "Oh, no. Here it comes." Like, what's next?
但是从我们开始交往 他一直都是这样
But, that's just--It's always been in him, like, since we started dating.
我的童年生活很独♥立♥
I grew up with a pretty independent, you know, lifestyle.
我想要做什么事就会去做
If I wanted to get something done, I was gonna do it myself.
这塑造了我的人生
It's a big part of, you know, how my life ultimately shaped out.
我在纽泽西长大 我自觉不是好学生
I grew up in New Jersey, and, uh, I think I was a horrible student,
而且我在学校也不快乐
and I wasn't, like, happy in school, either.
所以我决定提早离开学校
So, I made the decision I wanted to leave school early
当时我才15岁
uh, when I was 15.
我和兄姊的年纪有段差距
There's a pretty decent age gap between myself and my, uh,
他们想要出去就出去
my older siblings. They were out, kind of enjoying their lives
为自己负责 但是我在高中时
and having responsibility, and, I'm like, I gotta raise my hand
连想上厕所都要举手徵求同意
to ask permission to use the restroom in high school.
这太不合理了
This doesn't make sense.
所以我高中辍学 拿到普通教育发展证书
So, I left high school, I took my GED.
我16岁就创业 成立了“Shift4”
I started the business of what became Shift4 when I was 16.
我一早上7点半、8点醒来
It was like a, you know, you wake up, you know, at 7:30, 8:00 a.m.,
凌晨2、3点趴在键盘上睡着
and then you fall asleep on the keyboard at like 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning.
然后反覆过着这样的生活
And you just keep doing it over and over again.
这样的日子过了两年后 我记得我告诉父亲
After a couple years of doing that, I kinda remember telling my father,
我觉得我失去热情了
like, I'm getting burned out, like, I gotta have something else
我得做些别的事
going on in my life right now.
我从很小的时候 就对飞行很感兴趣
From a pretty young age, I definitely took interest in aviation.
所以我到当地的机场
So I went to the local airport,
在那里的飞行学校上课
and I went to the flight school there.
我们乘坐塞斯纳172
We went up in a Cessna 172.
那是2004或2005年 没有无线网路 日子很平静
This is 2004 or 2005, flying. There's no Wi-Fi. It's super peaceful.
没有其他人打扰你 非常疗癒
There's no one around to bug you and it's, I mean, it's very therapeutic.
那时候我想“这一定会流行起来”
And when I did, I was like, "Yeah, this is gonna be a thing now."
当你会飞单引擎螺旋桨飞机后
Once you know how to fly a single-engine propeller plane
就会想要飞双引擎螺旋桨飞机
then you wanna fly a twin-engine propeller plane,
然后你会想飞喷射机
and then you wanna fly jets.
当你真的走上那条路了 又会开始想
Once you started going down that slope, it was like,
然后呢 除役的军用飞机吗
剧集 | 发射倒计时:灵感4号平民太空任务(2021) | 导航列表