sending it back and going, "Well, this needs more cooking."
我想找到炙烤牛排
I'm trying to find a point of perfection
最完美的那个程度 但大家都说:
about how a steak should be cooked, and people are going,
"噢 这牛排有点生了 不是吗? "
"Oh, that's a bit rare, isn't it?"
在澳大利亚...
In Australia,
大家认为有些东西就该是那个样子
they're so used to things being a certain way.
他们习惯了烧焦的肉
They're so used to charred meat.
我想做的东西和 人们希望我做的东西之间
There was this ongoing battle between what I wanted to cook...
是在不断斗争的
and what people wanted me to cook.
所以你会开始怀疑自己
So, you start questioning yourself.
我这么做对吗?
Am I in the right place?
这是正确的选择吗?
Was this the right choice?
但开餐厅就是我毕生的梦想
But opening the restaurant was everything that I wanted.
我必须坚持到底
I had to see it through.
我要改变他们的观念
I had to change their perception.
要么就烤 要么就一无所有
It's going to be grill or nothing.
我第一次去的时候
When I first went,
觉得很有趣 很微妙...
it was interesting and subtle.
但是每次回到那里
But then every time I went back,
他都会磨炼得更进一步
he had honed it just a little bit more.
最终 我意识到了
Finally, I realized
他所坚持的东西是怎样的
what the result of his obsession is.
完美
Perfection.
年度花旗主厨的得主是 火门餐厅的伦诺克斯哈斯蒂
The winner of the Citi Chef of the Year, Lennox Hastie from Firedoor.
我们提名他为年度主厨 是因为
We named him Chef of the Year because we'd found his cooking
他的烹饪有很独特的自我表达
to be a unique expression of self.
今晚最棒的地方在于 在座各位
The best thing about tonight is the palpable camaraderie
显然都惺惺相惜
that's in this room tonight.
能和大家在一起 庆祝
To mix with you, celebrate,
像围坐在火堆边一样相聚
to gather together as you would round a fire.
能有人欣赏他在四年间的努力
For someone to recognize everything that he's been working for
反复打磨和创作
for four years, honing and creating,
就好像他被看见了一样
it's like... he was seen.
这是来自全国的同行
It's huge recognition amongst your peers,
给予你的莫大认同
amongst those group of people on a national basis.
被理解的感觉...
What it feels like to be understood is...
太棒了 无可比拟
amazing, like nothing else.
(干式熟成猪排 苦菜 杏子)
(熏制布拉卡芝士 红椒酱 黑橄榄)
(烤全龙虾 澳洲指橘 冰草)
(红袋鼠 刺柏 大卫李子)
(本地罗望子烤蘑菇)
(霍克斯伯里虾)
(塔斯马尼亚章鱼)
(干草熏尤格拉鹌鹑)
(甜玉米布蕾 杰拉尔顿腊花)
(古尔瓦蛤蜊 本地柑橘 红匍昼花)
(朗姆蛋糕 烟熏外交官奶油)
(纸树皮烤墨瑞鳕鱼 烤卷心菜 蒜油酱)
我们开业几年后...
A few years after we opened,
神奇的是
strangely enough,
世界50佳餐厅来到了澳大利亚
The World's 50 Best comes to Australia.
颁奖礼上
During the award ceremony,
有几千人...
there's thousands of people...
我突然看到...
when suddenly...
维克多在那里
there's Victor.
我们一起喝了一杯
We got a drink together.
聊了聊在巴斯克地区度过的旧时光
Hearkened back to the old days of the Basque Country.
再见到他我很开心
I was happy to see him again.
维克多完全改变了我对食物的看法
Victor transformed the way in which I look at food
还有我烹饪的方式
and the way I cook.
他给予了我太多东西
He gave me so much more than I could imagine.
我爱维克多
I love Victor,
我内心永远有一部分留在巴斯克地区
and there will always be a part of me in the Basque Country.
但澳大利亚让我很有归属感
But Australia feels like home now.
在澳大利亚
In Australia,
火门餐厅是独一无二的
there's no other restaurant like Firedoor.
它的精致程度在不断增长
The sophistication is just growing and growing.
我认为伦诺克斯找到了更多粉丝
And I think that Lennox is finding more fans.
需要帮助吗?
Do you need any help?
对
Yeah.
需要什么帮助?
What do you need help with?
你能帮我给鸡肉撒盐吗?
Can you salt the chickens for me?
好孩子 击个掌
Good boy. High five.
另外一个你肯定做不来
I bet you can't do the other one.
我想让更多人做我在做的事
I want more people to do what I did.
我觉得有义务将掌握的知识分享出去
I feel an obligation to share what I know, share knowledge,
分享这种烹饪方式
to share this form of cooking.
火焰能描绘出很精彩的故事
There's such a strong story to tell with fire.
而我才刚刚踏上这段旅程
And I'm only just starting that journey.