要向精灵们献祭
you perform a ceremony to the spirits.
这些精灵名叫阿卢什
They're called the Aluxes.
你向他们敬献玉米粥 他们就会保佑玉米地
You offer them atole so they'll take care of the cornfields.
他们有东南西北四方
Since they have four cardinal points,
所以你要摆上四碗
you offer them four bowls.
如果不这么做 阿卢什就会离开
If you don't do that, the Aluxes will leave.
我们播种...
The way we sow...
和收获食粮的方式很重要
and harvest our food is important.
我们要照顾好玉米地
We have to take care of the cornfields.
但现在 很多人...
But nowadays, many people...
喷洒农药 污染土地
fumigate and contaminate the fields.
所以 我们渐渐地
That's why, little by little,
失去了我们最原始的种子
we started losing the most original seeds we had.
罗伯托回来了
Roberto came back.
他说:"我又带来一个厨师
He said, "I brought another chef.
他叫勒内勒塞比"
His name is René Redzepi."
勒内勒塞比改变了烹饪行业
René Redzepi changed the world of cuisine.
他的餐厅诺玛赢得了两颗米其林星
His restaurant, Noma, has been awarded two Michelin stars.
所以我请他来尤卡坦
So I invited him to Yucatán.
他发现了这些食材 大喜过望
It was really surprising for him to find all these ingredients.
他爱上了我们的风味
He was falling in love with our flavors.
他太喜欢了 他说:
He got to a point where he was like,
"我要开一间临时餐厅"
"I want to do a pop-up."
勒内说:"我要在图卢姆开一间餐厅
René said, "I'm going to open a restaurant in Tulum.
我想请你来我的餐厅做玉米薄饼"
I want to invite you to come make tortillas at my restaurant."
我从小就做玉米薄饼
I've been making tortillas since I was a kid.
我从没想过有一天我会和
I never imagined I'd be cooking
来自那么遥远地方的人一起下厨 从没想过
with people that came from so far away. Never.
我来到餐厅
When I came to the restaurant,
看到好多厨具 我见也没见过 好吃惊
I was surprised to see so many utensils I had never seen before.
他们有大型搅拌器
They had large blenders.
他们有平底锅 很多东西我从没用过
They had pans. Things I'd never used before.
我好激动
I was very excited.
图卢姆诺玛餐厅 来自一个丹麦厨师的明确理念
Noma Tulum was a clear understanding of a Danish chef,
把丹麦人的风格
taking the style of the Danish people,
和墨西哥风味结合起来
but bringing the flavors out of Mexico.
这间临时餐厅让全世界 了解并喜欢上了墨西哥传统文化
The pop-up made the world understand Mexican heritage.
我这辈子见过的最袖珍的芒果
Tiniest mango I've ever seen in my life.
这个来自韦拉克鲁斯 当地人叫它"芒吉塔"
This one is from Veracruz, it's called a "manguita."
我告诉这些人
And I taught all these people
这些食材都采自哪里
where the ingredients are harvested from.
这样 全世界都认识了它们 也了解了墨西哥
That way, all the world will know about them and Mexico.
就像分享一切
It's like sharing everything.
我父母和祖辈就是这样教会我一切的
Just the way my parents and grandparents taught me everything.
然后 我意识到
And then I realized.
我是一个玛雅女人 这是我的责任
I am a Maya woman. This is my job.
和全世界分享我们的传统 这是我的职责
It's my job to share our traditions with the world.
回到我的小镇 我要请人们走进我的厨房♥
When I got back to my town, I wanted to invite people to my kitchen.
我对我儿子说: "卡洛斯 过来 帮帮我
I told my son, "Come here, Carlos, help me with this.
你要教教我怎么上网"
You need to teach me how to go online."
我儿子教给我 怎么利用互联网和人交流
My son showed me how to communicate using that technology.
听见这声音 我就知道我收到了一个信息
When I hear it, I know I got a message.
开始有人来了
People started coming.
-嗨 欢迎 -谢谢
Hi, welcome. - Thank you.
欢迎 请进 请坐
Welcome. Come in. Have a seat.
今天 我来介绍一下 你们一会儿要吃到的菜肴
Today, I'm going to talk to you about what you're about to eat.
它们是卷饼和墨西哥粽子
They're panuchos and tamales colados.
是用我们自♥制♥的烤肉做的
Made with the cochinita pibil we make ourselves here.
我亲手做的辣酱
I myself make the spicy sauces.
我甚至开始把 我们的烹饪技法教给他们
I even started teaching about the way we cook things,
我们的食材采自哪里
where we harvest the ingredients.
胭脂树是我们自己种的一种作物 就在外面
Achiote is a grain we grow ourselves. The plants are right outside.
世界各地的人们开始来到雅舒纳
People from all over the world started to come to Yaxunah
就为了尝尝尤卡坦烤肉
just to eat the cochinita pibil.
日本人、意大利人 哪里人都有
People from Japan, from Italy, everywhere.
我们的传统不能被忘记
Our traditions cannot be forgotten.
现在 全世界对挽救我们的传统 都很感兴趣
Right now, the whole world is interested in rescuing them.
猪小一点 肉更嫩
The meat from smaller pigs is much softer.
所以才叫"奇尼塔" 因为是小猪的肉做的
That's why they called it "cochinita," because it's made of small pigs.
我喜欢
I love it.
(墨西哥卷饼 填馅的玉米饼)
到中午就好了 从早晨做到中午
It's done by noon. From early in the morning till noon.
大约需要五个小时
It takes about five hours.
五个小时?
Five hours?
(黑豆和辣椒)
这是墨西哥粽子
These are tamales colados.
把玉米煮熟 然后碾碎 过滤
It's boiled corn that's then ground and strained.
(塔马利 玉米糊和猪肉)
这是黑辣椒和馅料
And these are blackened chilies and stuffing.
(炖黑火鸡 慢炖火鸡肉和黑辣椒)
我们来看看玉米
Let's check the corn.
看看熟了没有
See if it's ready for harvest.
这个被鸟吃了
This one was eaten by a bird.
-糟蹋了 -毁了
It's spoiled. - It's ruined.
-变成这样是因为被鸟吃了? -是的
This happened because a bird ate it? - Yes.
-是的 它们吃了顶部... -所以应该包起来
Yes, they eat the tip... - That's why you should fold it,
鸟就吃不到了
so the birds don't get to it.
被鸟啄了
The birds peck at it,
就坏了
and that makes it spoil.
鸟落在上面
When the birds sit on it...
-我们要是不包起来... -就被它们糟蹋了
If we don't fold them... - they ruin it.
它们啄了之后 把叶子啄开 再一下雨 就烂了
They peck at it and open it, then the rain makes it rot.
-是的... -淋湿了 就烂了
Yes... - It gets wet and it rots.
-明白吗? -对 就是这样
Did you understand? - That's right.
给
Here.
我绝不会离开雅舒纳 绝不会考虑离开
I'll never leave Yaxunah. I wouldn't think of it.
我对我拥有的一切都很满足
I'm happy with everything I have.
有时候 我儿子对我说:
My son tells me sometimes,
"我想去远方旅行"
"I want to travel far away."
我说:"你首先要学会如何工作 才能去旅行"
And I say, "First you need to learn how to work, then you can travel."
我告诉我女儿: "有一天 你会离开这个家
I tell my daughter, "One day, you're going to leave.
利用你还在家里的时间
With the time that you have left here,
好好跟着我学吧"
learn from what I'm doing."
-我要再加些吗? -要 再加些吧
Should I add more? - Yes, go ahead.
我是你妈妈 你需要把我的知识学去
I'm your mother, you need to learn what I know.
因为 如果你去一个地方
Because if you go to some place
他们问你:
and they ask you...
"你是谁? 你从哪儿来? "
"Who are you? Where are you from?"
你就会知道
You'll know.
你永远有你的家乡
You'll always have your homeland.