In Mexico, we have 5,000 different kinds of corn.
特别是在雅舒纳
Specifically in Yaxunah,
这里有很多当地特有的品种
there are many endemic varieties.
但很不幸 他们现在处境艰难
Sadly, they are struggling.
全球化正在改变一切
Globalization is changing everything.
每个墨西哥人都认为 因为他们吃玉米薄饼
Every Mexican thinks, because he's eating a tortilla,
所以他们吃的就是真的玉米
he's eating the real corn.
这是假话
But it's a lie.
多数餐厅直接购进玉米面 都是大规模生产的
Most of the restaurants in Mexico, they buy the masa, and, of course, with mass production.
往往会在里面加入小麦粉 还添加防腐剂
Most of the time, they mix it with wheat and they put preservatives.
来到雅舒纳 你会看到
When you get to Yaxunah, you see the effort
当地人如何努力保持玉米面食的 原始风味
people are putting into making sure that the corn will stay the same.
在墨西哥 多数厨师认为
Most chefs in Mexico
古老的传统厨艺不重要
don't see traditional ancient cooking important,
对土著人也有歧视
and there is discrimination of indigenous people.
但是 没有玉米就没有国家
But without corn, there is no country.
如果我们把这个丢了
If we lose this,
我们就丢掉了我们的民族身份
we lose our identity.
站起来扇 那样更快
Stand and fan, so that it's quick.
-你听见了吗? -它不着
Did you hear me? - It's not lighting up.
会着的 站起来扇
It's going to light up. Stand and fan.
站起来了
I'm standing.
这就对了 看 着起来了
That's it. See how it's lighting up?
现在放什么?
What do I put now?
去打水 洗烤盘
Go get water and wash the comal.
-我该去打水吗? -对
Do I go get water? - Yes.
我17岁时
When I was 17,
嫁给了厄奈斯托
I married Ernesto.
他是个建筑工人
He worked as a construction worker.
所以我们家境很不错
That's how we were able to get ahead.
我们有四个小孩
We had four children.
我希望我的孩子 学会我所会的全部技能
I want my children to learn how to do all the things I know how to do.
但这挺难
But that's a little hard.
我每天给家里做饭
I spend the time cooking for my family.
还要干农活
Also farming and all that.
厄奈斯托处处帮助我
Ernesto helps me with everything.
但现在情况不同了
But things aren't the same anymore.
我的孩子们没时间
My children don't have the time.
他们更多地是专心学习
They're more focused on studying.
耶尼 你在学校都吃什么?
Jeni, what did you eat at school?
那位女士卖♥♥的三明治
One of those sandwiches sold by the lady.
今天她只有三明治
That's all she had today.
-作业都写完了吗? -写完了
Did you finish all of your homework? - Yes.
我希望我的孩子过上更好的生活
I want my children to have a better life.
我很担心 因为这些孩子不了解玛雅传统
I'm worried because these kids don't know about Maya tradition.
我很害怕 我总说:"哪一天我不在了...
And I'm afraid. I always say, "The day I'm not here...
这些传统也就丢了"
this will be abandoned."
再倒点
Pour more.
不掉?
Is it not falling?
嗯 不往下掉
No, it's not falling.
一天 两个厨师来我家
One day, two chefs came to my house.
里卡多和罗伯托
Ricardo and Roberto.
我当时游历尤卡坦 想找些新的食材回去用
I was going through the Yucatán, finding new ingredients for my restaurant.
有人告诉我 应该来看看这些人
Somebody told me to see this group of people.
当时 里卡多穆尼奥斯也在
At the time, Chef Ricardo Muñoz was here.
他在调查墨西哥饮食文化
He's an investigator of Mexican food.
我说:"里卡多 我们一起去吧"
I said, "Ricardo, let's go to this town."
我们就去了
When we got there,
当地有一种烤野猪的做法
there was a type of wild boar
至少有一千年了
that was at least a thousand years old.
我问他们:
I asked them
"我们怎么做? " 因为我不知道他们怎么吃
how we should cook it because I didn't know how they ate it.
罗萨莉亚说:"我们做烤肉吧"
Rosalía says, "Let's make a cochinita."
我说:"好吧 我们做烤肉"
I was like, "Okay, let's make a cochinita."
我开始做辣酱
I started making the spice sauce.
心里不住地想:"会好吃吗?
And I kept thinking: "Is it going to be tasty?
我看他们不会喜欢"
I don't think they'll like it."
我尝了一口
When I took a bite,
那真是...
it was...
我这辈子最美妙的时刻
one of my greatest moments in my life.
我对她说:"你的菜堪比钻石"
I told them, "What you have here is a diamond."
他们看着我 好像我疯了
They looked at me like if I were crazy.
我说:"这堪称国菜啊"
And I said, "This is a national dish."
在墨西哥 甚至全世界 已经没有人这么做了
Nobody in Mexico or in the world is still doing it like this.
我问他们:
I asked them,
"你们下周能不能和我去塔巴斯科 在巧克力节上展示一下厨艺? "
"Can you cook with me next week in Tabasco at the Chocolate Fair?"
我说:
I said...
"我从没离开过我的小镇 从没有
"I've never left my town before. Never.
我不能去"
I can't go."
但我家人坚持
But my family insisted.
他们想让我去
They wanted me to go.
接我的车来到雅舒纳
Transportation came to Yaxunah.
我们去哪儿? 谁和我一起去?
Where were we going? Who was coming with me?
这是我第一次出远门
It was the first time I ever traveled.
好漫长的旅程
It was such a long trip.
我紧张极了
I was so nervous.
(付费停车)
这座城市比我那小镇大多了
The city was so much bigger than my little town.
我见到了很多不一样的东西
I saw many different things.
有好多人 他们看着我
There were many people. They'd look at me.
看那玉米 看起来要被浪费了
Look at that corn. It seems like it's getting wasted.
真的
True.
他们卖♥♥的那些东西 我看了很吃惊
I was surprised by all the products they sold.
有大量食品 甚至还有冷冻食品
There was a lot of food, frozen food even.
找不到手工制♥作♥的玉米薄饼
You don't find any hand-made tortillas.
等我到了巧克力节现场 不知人们会怎么想
I wondered what people would think when I arrived at the festival.
我只是个小地方来的妇女
I'm just a woman from a small town.
我觉得自己和他们好不一样
I felt so different from them.
巧克力节是一个重要的节庆活动 为了弘扬墨西哥饮食文化
The Chocolate Fair is a very important festivity to honor Mexican cooking.
第一天就去了三千人
On the first day, there were 3,000 people.
我带着台上几位女士向观众演示
I took the ladies on the stage to do a demonstration
如何制♥作♥尤卡坦烤肉
of how to make the cochinita pibil.
他们给我来了个突然袭击
They took me by surprise.
事先没人告诉我 还要当着那么多人讲话
I was never told I'd speak in front of so many.
我们站在台上
We were on stage.
但我的搭档没法讲话...
But my partners weren't able to speak.
他们不会西班牙语
They don't speak Spanish.
过了一会儿 我想
So later on, I thought...
"我要不做 谁来做? 我必须做
"If I don't do it myself, who will? I have to do it.
我必须做"
I have to do this."
我一点一点地讲解如何制♥作♥烤肉
Little by little, I explained how to make the cochinita.
气氛好热烈
It was such an intense moment.
人们发生了一种共鸣
There was this connection with the people.
事后人们排起了大队
After that, there were lines and lines and lines
都想买♥♥尤卡坦烤肉塔可
to buy the cochinita pibil tacos.
人们走过来 凑到跟前 他们问我:
People came by. They got closer. They'd ask me:
"你的裙子哪里来的?
"Where are your huipiles from?
你是哪里人? "
Where are you from?"
我好激动
I was so excited.
我没想到 他们会对我们的故事如此感兴趣
I never thought they would be so interested in our stories.
我们结婚时 可不是这样 只有土地
When I got married, this wasn't like this. It was just soil.
对 那时这里只有土地
You're right, back then it was just soil.
婚礼、亡灵节
The weddings, the Janal Pixán,
各种节日庆典和艺术作品 都渐渐成为历史
the celebrations and the imageries are all becoming things of the past.
-一切都在消失 -一切 毫不夸张
Everything's disappearing. - Everything. Absolutely.
年轻人说
Young people say:
"我不喜欢说玛雅语 我不好意思说玛雅语
"I don't like to speak in Mayan. I'm embarrassed when I speak it.
-我不想穿玛雅人的裙子" -是的
I don't want to wear a huipil." - Yes.
祖先教给我们的东西 我们必须保护好
We must keep what our ancestors taught us.
是的
Yes.
玛雅人相信 收获之后
The Maya believe that once you finish harvesting,