怀特在周二去世 我们在周日举♥行♥了葬礼
White passed away on a Tuesday and we had the funeral on Sunday.
我的生活必须继续下去
And my life had to continue.
一天早上 午饭过后
Then one morning right after lunch,
赫尔歇过来告诉我们 他得了脑癌
Hershey came over and told us that he had brain cancer.
当赫尔歇去养老院时
When Hershey went to the nursing home,
我每天都会去看他...
well, I'd go every day,
因为他的腿已经衰弱得 不能自己站起来了
because his legs had gotten so weak, he couldn't stand on his own.
死亡就要来了
That was death setting in.
就是这样
That was it.
在他去世和葬礼后的那个周六
The Saturday after his death and funeral,
我回去工作
I went back to work,
看到他的车 但人已经不在了 那种感觉太难受了
and it was hard to see his vehicle there but not him.
但我继续做烧烤
But the whole time I kept barbecuing.
我记得看见杜丝
I remember seeing Tootsie.
眼睛布满血丝 手里拿着纸巾
She had red eyes and a tissue,
我跟她说 "你来这里干什么?"
and I'm just like, "What are you doing here?"
她跟我说 "如果不继续烧烤 我要做什么呢?"
She said to me, "If I don't keep doing this, what am I gonna do?"
在那时候 人人都很难受
That was a tough time for everybody.
我们尽力去安慰她 但是打击太大了
I mean, we did all we could, but it was just real hard on her.
所以我们意识到 我们可能需要寻求一些帮助
So, we realized we were at a time to where we probably need to call in some help.
大约在他葬礼后的三四周
It was about three weeks, four weeks after his funeral,
人们听说了...
the people had heard...
有许多人前来 向我表达他们的同情
and there were so many people come just to express their sympathy to me.
有一位先生走过来对我说
I had a gentleman come up to me to say,
"我会永远记得你的儿子
"I'll always remember your son
因为他给我的两个孩子 每人一块银元"
because he gave my two children each a silver dollar."
另一个人说
Another person said,
"我替你感到难过"
"I'm sorry for your loss."
我要亲你一下
I'm gonna give you a kiss on the cheek.
这对我帮助很大
It helped me a lot
迎来柳暗花明
to see the other end of the light.
在我的一生中 我总是觉得很独♥立♥
Through my whole life, I have just always felt very, uh, independent.
但怀特和赫尔歇去世后
But after White and Hershey passed away,
我知道 我也需要有人来帮助我
I learned that I had to call on someone to help me,
凯瑞帮助我度过了那段艰难的时光
and, uh, Kerry was there to help me through the hard part of it.
当我悲痛欲绝时 我得到了很多支持
I feel a lot of support when I'm down and out.
我感受到了关怀
I feel a connection.
真是如此
I really do.
这是一个团结的烧烤家庭
It's the close-knit barbecue family.
他们支持着我 陪我一起走
They're holding me up, they're walking with me.
(猪肩肉排)
(原味和墨西哥胡椒味香肠)
我要做下一个杜丝小姐
I will be the next Miss Tootsie.
她是这里的大人物 是许多人的偶像
She's just a staple here and an icon for many.
(顶级猪肋排)
她代表着力量和真诚
She represents strength and sincerity.
真正的德州传奇
A true Texas legend.
(火鸡鸡胸肉)
她证明了 如果你想做什么
She's proof that if you want something,
不管年龄多大 都可以继续做下去
you can continue to do it regardless of age.
(烤鸡)
她做的烤鸡无与伦比
Her chicken is the bomb.
(牛胸肉)
当我痛失丈夫和孩子以后
When I lost my husband and my son,
那扇门关上了...
that door closed,
上帝知道他在做什么
and God knew what he was doing.
他为我打开了其他的门
He opened these other doors for me.
12号♥!
Number 12!
嘿!
Hey!
我们走吧!
Let's go!
我想说 这是我吃过的最棒的烤肉
I just wanted to say, best barbecue I ever had.
我们是从加州过来的
We made our way from California.
我们去过孟菲斯 在美国各地尝试烧烤 你做的最棒了
We've been to Memphis. We've been trying barbecue all over the US, you killed it.
-太好了 -谢谢 夫人
Good. - Thank you.
-欢迎再来 -上帝保佑你
Come back to see us. - God bless ya.
怀特和赫尔歇过世以后 可以看到她的变化
After White and Hershey passed away, you could see a change,
可以看到
you could see, uh,
她对粉丝和顾客更加热情了
a sort of openness towards fans and towards customers.
对她来说 显然那是非常悲伤的时光
It was obviously an incredibly sad moment for her,
但人们帮助她度过了难关
but she had some people to help push her through
人们也明白了 她在斯♥诺♥烧烤店的付出
and to know and understand what she had at Snow's.
好了 一 二 三
All right, one, two, three.
我不知道 对我来说 烧烤的世界还有什么
I have no idea what else lies in the barbecue world for me.
很多人从世界各地过来看我
And so many have come from around the world to see me,
这是意义非凡的
and it means a lot
我们可以跟他们分享友谊和爱意
that we can share our friendship and love for them.
他们中的有些人 也许我再也不会遇见了
And some of 'em, I'll never see 'em again,
但我很高兴...
but I'm happy...
因为我让他们高兴了
that I made them happy.
(纪念"怀特"妥曼奈茨 "赫尔歇"妥曼奈茨)