Want it, boy? Want prawny, mate? Want prawny?
好孩子
Good boy.
但维克多对此厌恶至极
But Victor cried with disgust.
我从没见过谁得带米其林评星 却如此沮丧
I've never seen a man so upset about getting a Michelin Star.
因为他对现状已经很满足了
Because he was quite happy being what he was.
我很重视跟维克多的关系...
My relationship with Victor was everything...
但我们越来越忙 关系也变得难以维系
but we became busier, and it became harder.
我想弄清自己的未来是什么样的
I was trying to work out what my future was.
我本打算待一年
I had gone for a year.
但五年过去了 我还在那里
Five years later, I was still there.
我把它当成了我自己的餐厅
I treated it like it was my own restaurant,
但它不是
but it wasn't.
有一天 有人说我让餐厅变得更精致
One day, someone said that I'd made the restaurant more sophisticated.
我觉得很羞愧
I felt embarrassed,
因为我不想夺走这家餐厅 最开始吸引到我的特点
because I didn't want to take away from what I fell in love with originally.
我意识到要为自己开辟未来了
And I realized I had to carve a future for myself.
我向维克多解释了不能留下的原因
I had to explain to Victor that I couldn't stay.
跟他摊牌是怎样的经历?
What was it like telling him?
非常可怕
Horrible.
我希望他会
I would have been happy
很绅士地跟我握握手
just with a gentleman's handshake
祝我一切顺利 保持联♥系♥
and someone to wish you well, keep in touch.
但他什么都没有做
But he gave me nothing.
我大吃一惊
I was taken aback at this.
我想要善始善终
I wanted some sort of closure.
但他只是很生气
And he just got quite angry.
他说:"你怎么能 把这个烂摊子甩给我? "
He said, you know, "How can you leave me with this shit?"
我说:"你是认真的吗?
I said, "Are you serious?
这应该是我去过的最棒的餐厅
This is probably the finest restaurant I've ever been in.
这是世界上最好的餐厅之一
One of the best restaurants in the world.
这是你创造的 我们创造的"
You created this. We created this."
他把我们的繁忙怪罪到我头上
It felt like he was blaming me for how busy we were.
我觉得他无法理解我离开的理由
I don't think he could understand why I had to go.
维克多把我拒之门外...
And in typical Victor style,
这是他的一贯作风
he shut me out.
我没想到他会是这个反应
I wasn't prepared for that reaction.
我非常难过
I was torn apart.
在为维克多工作
Having worked for Victor
挑战极限之后...
and gone to that limit,
我想继续探索火焰
I wanted to continue my exploration of fire.
我只想用这种方式烹饪
It was the only way I wanted to cook.
但我想把它扩展成一套技术
But I wanted to expand that to the entire repertoire,
成为一整个菜系...
across the entire cuisine,
只为证明我的观点
just to prove a point.
我要闯出自己的名声
I had to create a name for myself,
为达成这个目标 我只能搬到更大的城市里
and the only way I could do that was to move to a larger city.
我被澳大利亚吸引了
I felt drawn to Australia.
澳大利亚这个国家太大了
Australia's such a big country.
我开始探索他们的食材
I started exploring the ingredients they have over here.
这里有太多的东西
And there's just so much going on.
从雨林...
From the rain forest...
到海洋...
to the ocean...
到河流...
to the rivers...
这里有我从未见过的食材
there were ingredients I'd never seen.
对我而言是全新的世界
It was a complete new world for me.
我不知道会发展成什么样
I had no idea what this was going to become,
但我感到异常兴奋
but I had this huge adrenaline rush.
我充满了活力
I was energized.
(正在焊接)
这家餐厅的难点在于
The difficulty about the restaurant is
我们想做一个全烧烤的菜单
we're grilling the entire menu.
肯定有牛排 蔬菜
Obviously, we have steaks, vegetable,
我们有更大的烤架
we've got, like, larger style grills,
但要找到一些更精致的食材
but it's to find something to cook the more delicate items,
比如蛤蜊 对虾 小蔬菜 还有豆子之类的
pipis, school prawns... small vegetables, like peas.
-我想把食材悬在余烬上 -好的
I would want to suspend an ingredient over the embers. - Okay.
应该是这个样子的 但要更薄一点
It would be more like this, but thinner,
不过要更坚固
while still being stronger,
因为我们烹饪的温度会是480度
because the temperature range is between sort of 900...
到650度之间
...to 1200 centigrade.
必须要是很坚固的材质
So it has to be really strong.
我刚到悉尼的时候
When I arrived in Sydney,
还受到了一些欢迎
there was a bit of fanfare.
媒体报道了这件事
It was announced in the press.
"伦诺克斯哈斯蒂来了 他要开餐厅
"Lennox Hastie arrives. He's gonna open a restaurant.
他在这里 那里 四处选址"
Looking here, there, everywhere."
人们的期待值很高
The expectation was huge.
我开始在悉尼寻找店铺
I started looking at spaces around Sydney.
跟大部分厨房♥不同 它一定要
Unlike most kitchens, this had to withstand
经得住高温的考验
a high amount of heat.
一定不能被融化...
It had to be built to not melt.
但是看过一处又一处 发现都不合适
But space after space just fell by the wayside.
伦诺克斯搬到悉尼
When Lennox was moving to Sydney,
花费的时间比大家想象的要长很多
it took famously far longer than anyone ever thought.
长好些年
Like, years longer.
这成了个经久不衰的笑话
It became a running joke.
我觉得大家都不清楚
I don't think anyone had an idea
伦诺克斯有多执着
just how obsessive Lennox is.
我看过了120个选址
I went through a process of looking at 120 sites.
仍然一筹莫展
I'd nothing to show for it.
我浪费了四年的时间寻找餐厅
I had wasted four years trying to find a restaurant.
非常可怕
It was horrible.
我想做一件前无古人的事情
I was trying to do something that's never been done before.
但我被困在这个找不到餐厅
But I was stuck in this no-man's-land
无法烹饪的
of not being able to find a restaurant
荒芜之地上
and not being able to cook,
我过得糟糕透了
and I was fucking miserable.
我花了很长时间
It took me a long time.
但当我找到地方之后
But once I found the space,
我从建设餐厅
I went from constructing the restaurant
到在厨房♥里待了整整四天没出门
to being in the kitchen literally four days out of opening the doors.
章鱼和沙拉还需要两分钟
Octopus in two, one salad in two.
六个月不进厨房♥是一回事
To be out of the kitchen for, like, six months is something.
但四年没在厨房♥待过
To be out of the kitchen for four years,
你会开始怀疑自己还能不能回去
you start to doubt you can go back.
大家都问我:"你要做什么? 菜单上有什么? "
People asked me, "What are you cooking? What's on the menu?"
鬼才知道菜单上有什么
No idea what's on the bloody menu.
我已经四年没进过厨房♥了 还马上就要上火线
I'd been four years out of a kitchen and I'm then thrown back into the fire.
在西班牙的时候 大家总问我:
One question was always asked of me in Spain,
"有你不会拿来烤的东西吗? "
"Is there anything you don't grill?"
在西班牙 我们唯一不烤的是沙拉
And the only thing we didn't grill in Spain was the salad.
沙拉好像很神圣
It was almost like it was sacred.
我已经不在新乡餐厅了
I'm not at Etxebarri anymore.
我要闯出自己的路 有我自己的方向...
I'm forging my own path, I'm going my own direction,
所以我想:"为什么不呢? "
so I thought, "Why the hell not?"
我突然灵感迸发
Suddenly, it opened my mind.
我觉得明火烹饪最棒的一点就是自♥由♥
What I love about cooking with fire is freedom.
所以我选择了以前没做过的东西
So, I chose to do things I hadn't done before.
因为有很多需要被打破的规则
Because there's rules that need to be broken.
我想改变大家对烧烤餐厅的印象
I wanted to change what people believe a grill restaurant is and should be.
我想让他们有全新的体验
I wanna give a different experience.
(火门)
请慢用
Please enjoy.
这个酱汁有点稀?
That sauce is a bit thin.
请调整一下酱汁 行吗?
Can we adjust that sauce, please?
开业那天 所有人都挤进来
The opening day, everyone just piles in
期待这是家很棒的烧烤餐厅
expecting this great grill restaurant.
我很激动
I was excited.
一切努力都是有意义的
All the hard work had meant something.
人们点了牛排...
People ordered the steak,
但他们会把菜
but then they were...
退回来 说:"还需要多烤一下"