我知道有很多事得说
I know it's what the other lot do,
但今晚 就先说一部分吧
but tonight, we're going to do a bit of it here.
我刚来的时候 是有前途的
When I first came here, I had a future.
不是吗 菲利普先生
Isn't that true, Sir Philip?
我本来要成为主教了
I was going to be a bishop.
我本可以爬得更高
I could have gone higher.
这是我和内莉的
This was the first rung for me...
第一步
and Nellie.
我们有抱负
We had ambitions.
但后来在村子里失踪了一个孩子
But then a child disappeared from this village...
她在家门口玩时被带走了
Taken from outside her house as she was playing.
作为这儿的精神领袖
And as the spiritual leader,
我必须给个合理的解释
I had to make sense of this.
但你怎么为不合理的事给出合理的解释呢
But how do you make sense of something insensible? Hm?
当莉莉·瓦特在我们村里被杀
When Lily Waters was murdered in our village,
约伯·佩里知道我们都认为他是凶手
Job Perry knew we all blamed him for it.
他来找我 求我帮他
He came to me, and he begged me for help,
他需要指引
for guidance...
需要朋友
..for a friend.
但我把他揭发了
And I turned him out.
抱歉 艾摩司
I'm sorry, Amos,
但那晚 你哥哥在树上上吊自尽了
but that night, your brother hanged himself from a tree
因为我没帮他
because I hadn't helped him.
我没帮他
I hadn't helped him.
之后 我发现他是无辜的
And later, I realised he was innocent of that crime.
我妻子告诉我
My wife revealed to me
是谁带走那孩子 杀了那孩子 而我妻子
who'd taken that child, and killed that child, and my wife -
我妻子 求我不要说出约伯是无辜的
my wife - begged me to stay quiet about Job's innocence,
要我做正确的事
and do what was right.
她说保持沉默是为我们好
She said it was in our interest to stay quiet.
谁杀了那孩子 西帕提姆斯
Who killed the child, Septimus?
如果你不揭露凶手是谁
If you do not reveal who the killer was,
后果可能很严重
there is a serious possibility
你将被以妨碍司法公正的罪名被捕
that you will be arrested for perverting course of justice.
明白吗
Do you understand?
有些秘密被埋得太深太久
Some secrets have been buried too deep
无法轻易揭开
and for too long to be easily revealed.
不是吗 西帕提姆斯
Isn't that true, Septimus?
佩里一家不是这地方唯一遭受
The Perrys weren't the only family in these parts
近亲结婚带来的苦果的家庭
that suffered from the softness of interbreeding.
是吧 西帕提姆斯
Were they, Septimus?
饱受社会争议的华伦德一家
The Warrenders, at the other end of the social scale,
遭受着同样的苦恼
suffered the same affliction.
但那个家族的最后一人正常结婚了
But the last one had married properly,
不是吗 菲利普先生
hadn't she, Sir Philip?
我一直觉得奇怪为什么你妻子的铭牌
It had struck me as odd that your wife's memorial plaque
和其他华伦德家的人一起
was with the other Warrenders,
因为那是她的家人 对吗
for that's her family, isn't it?
朱莉娅·斯塔克是华伦德家最后一人
Julia Starke was the last Warrender.
对
Yes!
并且朱莉娅·斯塔克带走了莉莉·瓦特
And Julia Starke had taken Lily Waters
并杀了她
and killed her.
对
Yes!
而内莉 完全顺从社会规则
And Nellie, full of deference to the social order,
完全忠于你 菲利普先生
full of loyalty to you, Sir Philip,
同意帮你掩盖真♥相♥
had agreed to support you in the cover-up,
让大家的怀疑都落在那个
to let the blame fall on a man
无法为自己辩护的男人身上
who couldn't defend himself
还劝服了她的丈夫
and to persuade her husband...
将这假铭牌
to allow a fraudulent plaque
挂在他的教堂
to be placed in his church.
糖果屋
Hansel and Gretel.
当一个女人本就有心理问题
If a woman is battling psychological problems,
然后怀孕 尤其那丧子之痛
then...pregnancy, and especially the loss of a child,
很可能会把她逼疯
can be the crisis that pushes her over the edge.
我相信这肯定是发生在你妻子身上的事
I believe this must have happened to your wife.
她是个高龄产妇 大概四十岁
She was a late mother, maybe 40,
我觉得你也清楚你妻子面临的巨大压力
and I think you were aware of immense pressure she was under
你买♥♥下她原来的家并让她搬去住
You bought her old family home and moved her here,
她小时候曾在那有过快乐时光
to where she had been happy as a child herself.
你带着爱准备了房♥子等待孩子的降生
You prepared house for the arrival of the child, with love,
所以当孩子死去时
and when it didn't arrive...
她就从村里夺来一个
..she took one...from the village.
我的妻子死了
My wife is dead!
你认识的那个妻子死了
The wife you knew is dead.
但这些年来 你和内莉一直
But down the years, you and Nellie have taken care
帮朱莉娅玩着金蝉脱壳的把戏 不是吗
of the shell that was left of Julia, haven't you?
让她住在公共机构
Keeping her resident in institutions,
我猜 她用着假名
I imagine, then retirement homes...
隐藏了身份住在退休之家
...hiding her identity through the use of pseudonyms,
比如 约克夫人
like...Mrs York,
和兰卡斯特夫人
and Mrs Lancaster.
我想 贝尔斯福德上校的姑妈
I think...Colonel Beresford's aunt
在煦阳岭偶然发现了真♥相♥
had stumbled across the truth at Sunny Ridge.
或许是她谈到那副画时 问了太多问题
Maybe she had recognised the name of the village
又可能是她认出了这个村子
when talking about painting, and asked too many questions.
当她写"兰卡斯特夫人不安全"的时候
When she wrote, "Mrs Lancaster is not safe,"
她真正的意思不是说兰卡斯特夫人身处危险中
what she had meant was not that Mrs Lancaster was in danger,
而是兰卡斯特夫人就是危险人物
but that Mrs Lancaster...was the danger.
"在壁炉后面"
"Behind the fireplace..."
进来吧
Do come in.
请坐
Please, sit down.
胸针真漂亮
What a very pretty brooch. Isn't it?
你想看看吗
Would you like a look?
我见过你 对吧
I've met you before, haven't I?
是 朱莉娅
Yes, Julia.
在煦阳岭
At Sunny Ridge.
煦阳岭
Sunny Ridge?
对
Yes.
你告诉我 壁炉后面有个孩子
You told me that there was... a child behind the fireplace.
对 对 我说了
Yes. Yes, I did.
就是那个壁炉
That fireplace.
她现在在哪 菲利普先生
Where is she now, Sir Philip?
她在博斯卡温画的房♥子里吗
Is she in the house Boscawen painted?
那个你和内莉想方设法地
The house you and Nellie went to great lengths
用你的地图证明不存在的房♥子吗
with your maps to prove didn't exist?
这房♥子不存在
It doesn't exist.
不 它存在
Yes, it does.
我在里面玩过
I've played in it.
是在他所有的树林里
It's a playhouse he built
给孩子们建的儿童房♥
for the babies in the woods on the estate.
他给我看之前 那里已经废置了二十五年
Before he showed me, it had been abandoned for 25 years.
没人知道它的存在
No-one knew it was there.
在哪里 诺拉
Where is it, Nora?
你把莉莉·瓦特斯带到这里了吗
Is this where you brought Lily Waters?
来玩 我看着她玩
To play, while I watched.
干嘛让这些爱都浪费掉呢
Why let all this love go to waste?
你为什么杀她
Why did you kill her?
凭什么我的孩子死了
Why should my baby die,
但别人的孩子都活得好好的
and the common child live?
有些事你正确地去看时就很简单
Some things are simple when you look at them right.
你知道自己该做什么
You know what you have to do.
喝杯牛奶吧亲爱的
Have a glass of milk, my dear.
那艾达·贝尔斯福德呢
And...what about Ada Beresford?
知道的太多了很危险
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
这是显而易见的事
That was a simple thing to see.
来杯牛奶吧 亲爱的
A glass of milk, my dear?
不 谢谢
No, thank you.
艾达不是第一个
Ada wasn't the first.
这些年我四处搬家
All those with a little knowledge down
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表