房♥子在1934年转手卖♥♥给了
It changed hands in 1934 and was bought by...
怎么了
What?
它被卖♥♥给了开尔文·哈里代
It was bought by Kelvin Halliday.
你在开玩笑吗 赫尔宾先生
Is that your idea of a joke, Mr Hornbeam?
没有
No.
费恩先生 - 赫尔宾先生
Mr Fane. - Mr Hornbeam.
我刚刚出去帮我母亲去图书馆借书了
I had to run out. Mother's library books.
有事吗
Problem?
没什么 费恩先生 谢了
No, Mr Fane. Thank you.
我们正要去找你们呢
We were just coming to meet you.
这位是帕杰特夫人
This is um...Mrs Pagett.
1934年在山坡做过厨房♥管家
Cook-housekeeper at Hillside in 1934.
格温妮宝贝 多年不见了
Darling Gwynnie! After all these years!
当然 你不记得我了
You won't remember me, of course.
当时你还是个好可爱的小姑娘
You were such a lovely little girl.
我希望莉莉干活时
When Lily's about her other duties,
你能帮忙照看一下我女儿
I'd expect you to help with my daughter.
可怜这么小就没了母亲
Poor little motherless mite.
先生 让她在英格兰本土长大很明智
At least you're bringing her up in good old England, sir.
您还那么年轻
And you're still young.
您的父亲 是一位很英俊的男人
Very handsome man, your father.
没多久 他就和一位年轻女士共浴爱河了
And it didn't take him long to find a young lady.
这是冰箱吗
Is this a refrigerator?
是的
Yes.
您能从明天开始工作吗
So could you start tomorrow?
好的
All right, then.
我会照顾好你的
I'll look after you.
什么年轻女士
What young lady?
虽然我叫她"女士"
I say "lady"...
她叫海伦
Helen were her name.
海伦
Helen?
海伦·马斯顿
Helen Marsden.
先生是个绅士 她是个戏剧演员
Him a gent, her a theatrical.
过去在夏天 码头上经常会有表演
See, we used to have a show on the pier of a summer.
我和莉莉 就是那个女仆 我们很喜欢看表演
Me and Lily, the housemaid, we used to love It.
# 我又听到那个声音 #
What's that sound I hear again?
# 码头上又有了欢声笑语 #
There's laughter on the pier again
# 定是又到了今年的这个时节 #
It must be that time of year again
# 欢乐骨头送来问候 #
When the Funnybones say hello
每年他们都会来
Every year, they used to come.
他们都多才多艺
They were all so talented.
# 一场表演送给大家 #
..a show to entertain you-ou-ou
里面有一个叫杰姬·阿弗莱克
There were Jackie Afflick.
听着 听着
Listen, listen...
他是一个喜剧演员
He were a laugh.
他不仅会弹钢琴
And he didn't just play the piano.
他说"那不是狗 那是个硬毛刷"
He said,"That's no dog, that's a scrubbing brush."
他能让人们为他尖叫
He were a scream.
还有一个莱昂纳尔·卢夫
Lionel Luff.
准备好了吗
Are you ready?
你都不知道他是怎么做到的
You could never see how he done it.
小伊芙·巴兰廷
Little Evle Ballantyne.
她是那么有活力
Don't know how she found the energy.
很新奇的表演
Quite a novelty.
# 你将会回答 #
You will answer...
爱斯肯一家管理着欢乐骨头
The Erskines were in charge of the Funnybones.
珍妮特的嗓音足可以去唱歌♥剧
Janet could have done opera with her voice.
迪基有着电影明星般英俊的面容
And Dickie could have been in films with his looks.
# 为你献上我的爱 #
...offer my love to you...
莉莉最喜欢他
He were Lily's favourite.
# 我将会忧郁 #
...I will be blue
听起来是很美好的夜晚活动 帕杰特夫人
Sounds like a jolly good night out, Mrs Pagett...
还有海伦·马斯顿
And Helen Marsden.
# 如果和你在一起 亲吻你 是一种错 #
If I do wrong when I take you and kiss you
# 那么我情愿一直错下去 #
Then doing wrong's the right thing for me
她和你父亲订婚了
She and your father had got engaged.
这些年从没人告诉我这些事
I was never told any of this when I was growing up.
帕杰特夫人 我不明白
I don't understand, Mrs Pagett.
我们三个后来回印度了吗
Did the three of us go back to India?
只有你回了
Just you.
我想剩下的事最好由你的亲人告诉你
I think it's best you hear it from family.
他离的也不远
It's not far.
皇家医学心理学协会 他是个精神病专家
RMPA? He's a trick cyclist.
一个什么
A what?
一个精神病专家
A psychiatrist.
有事吗
Yes?
我想你就是詹姆斯舅舅
I believe you're my Uncle James.
你和你妈妈长得真像
You're so like your mother.
真像我亲爱的克莱尔
So like my dear Clare.
你觉得是哈里代小姐在潜意识里
Do you think Miss Halliday somehow was drawn
把自己引到山坡别♥墅♥的吗
to Hillside by her subconscious?
很有可能
Possibly.
除非这是精神医生所说的巧合
Unless it was what we psychiatrists call a coincidence.
能再次见到你 我很高兴
I'm so thrilled to see you again.
为什么我被单独送回印度
Why was I sent back to India alone?
格温达 该怎么说呢
Oh, Gwenda, where to start...
你母亲和我关系很好
Your mother and I were very close.
你的祖父母英年早逝
Your grandparents died young
因此克莱尔多多少少是由我带大的
and I more or less brought Clare up.
她长大后便去了印度当家庭教师
When she came of age, she took off to India to be governess,
在那与你父亲相识并结婚生下了你
and met your father, married and had you.
接着他写信 向我告知她的死讯
And then he wrote... informing me of her death.
她的车冲出了山谷峡沟上的大桥
Her car had gone off the bridge at the Chamber Valley Gorge.
第二年 他从迪尔门斯再次写信
The following year, he wrote again, from Dillmouth.
他和你搬到了这儿 然后订婚了
He'd moved here with you and got engaged.
在我看来 克莱尔才刚去世 这一切都太快了
Rather too soon after Clare's death, to my mind
还是和一位艺人
and to an entertainer.
但我接受了邀请 回去见他们两人
But I accepted invitation to come down and meet them both.
这是詹姆斯·肯尼迪
This is James Kennedy.
詹姆斯
James.
海伦
Helen.
开尔文说你的妹妹很可爱
Kelvin speaks so lovingly of your sister.
亲爱的克莱尔
Dear Clare.
希望我能像她一样能让他开心
If I can make him as happy as she did.
我们非常谈得来
We got on like a house on fire.
我一直在找一个适合开全科诊疗的地方
I'd been looking for somewhere to set up in general practice
迪尔门斯各方面都合适 所以我搬来了
Dillmouth fitted the bill, so I moved here.
你以前不是精神科医生吗 - 不是
You weren't always a psychiatrist? - No.
我最终发现 让我着迷的是人心
I eventually realised it was the mind that fascinated me,
而不是身体 而且战争之后...
and not the body, and since the war...
心灵创伤
Mm. The mental wounds.
都是我的战友们所要经受的
What some of our chaps went through.
几星期后 我们成了好朋友
After a few weeks, we became firm friends.
干杯 - 开尔文让我做他的伴郎
Cheers. - Kelvin asked me to be his best man.
她来了
Here she comes.
他们将在早上结婚 举办了小型派对
They'd be married in the morning. There was a little party.
但婚礼却没能实现
But there would never be a wedding.
明天别迟到
Don't be late tomorrow
不然我以后都不会相信你的
or you'll never make an honest man of me.
开尔文回山坡别♥墅♥了
Kelvin went home to Hillside
我回来这 抱着一本书睡着了
and I came here and fell asleep with a book.
大约在黎明时
Then, around dawn,
开尔文慌张地给我打电♥话♥
Kelvin telephoned in a terrible state.
他半夜起来
He'd got up in the middle of the night
发现海伦的箱子还有衣服都消失了
and noticed Helen's suitcase and her clothes had vanished.
她也不在和他们一起住的公♥寓♥里
She wasn't at the digs where they were all staying.
没人知道她去哪儿了
Nobody knew where she'd got to.
我们在市政厅外等啊等
We waited and waited outside the town hall.
但她从未出现
But she never came.
开尔文崩溃了
Kelvin was devastated.
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表