that would be, giving up, would be even harder.
♪ 我没钱,也没东西可给,
♪ I have no money, nor anything to give
♪ 我唯一有的就是爱,去爱别人,
♪ The only thing I have is love to love
♪ 如果你想要我这样,那我就爱你,
♪ If that's how you want me, then I can love you
♪ 但如果你不能,那也没办法,♪
♪ But if you can't, there's nothing to do ♪
基亚娜,我只见过她一次,
Kiana, who I had only met once,
之前在造船厂见过,
previously at the boatyard
当时我看到这艘船几乎已经破烂不堪,
when I saw this boat in shambles basically,
她给我发了条消息,
sent me a message
问我有没有兴趣横渡
asking if I wanted to cross
北大西洋,并拍一部关于它的纪录片。
the North Atlantic Ocean
我的第一反应是:「好啊!」
and make a documentary about it.
我的第一个反应就是:「
yes,当然啦!」
My first
从十几岁起,这一直是我梦想中的事。
response was like, “yes,
大概13、15岁的时候,
heck yeah!â€
我开始梦想航海,
It's been a dream of mine since early teenage years.
但从来没真正去寻找过,
Like maybe 13 or 15
或者追求过这样的经历。
I started dreaming about sailing,
我感到自己特别被吸引,
but never really looking
去探索未知,挑战自我,
or seeking out for an experience.
去面对不舒服的状况,
I feel very drawn
以及令人兴奋的境况。
to the unknown and pushing myself
所以这就是一种本能的回应。
and being in uncomfortable situations
太棒了!
and exciting situations.
我全身的细胞都在喊:「走吧,姑娘,
So it's just like the instinctual yes.
让我们去横渡大洋吧!」
Hell yes.
♪ 我变得坚强了,
Every cell in my body was like, “Let's go girl,
♪ 我学会了如何相处,♪
let's go and cross an Ocean!â€
为了准备这次航行,
♪ I grew strong
我总是倾向于带太多食物,
♪ And I learned how to get along ♪
For preparations of the voyage,
I always have a tendency of taking too much food,
但在这种情况下,
有三个人而不是一个人,
but in this instance, having three people instead of one,
我完全迷失了方向,
I was completely lost
就我们到底需要多少而言。
in the sense of like how much we would need.
所以我只是用了所有这些种类的食材,
So I just used, like, all these kinds
那些需要很长时间才能变质的蔬菜。
of vegetables that take a long time to go off.
我们有16个六加仑的油桶。
We had a 16 six-gallon jerry cans.
按每人每天一加仑计算,
In that one gallon per person per day,
这包括你的茶、洗澡用水,
that includes your tea, your showering,
还有你的饮用水。
your drinking water.
电力来自太阳能电池板,
Power comes from solar panels,
180瓦的太阳能电池板和四个电池。
180W of solar panels, and four batteries.
至于烹饪燃料,有一个丙烷炉,
And for cooking fuel, there's a propane stove,
我们带了三个丙烷罐。
and we took three tanks of propane.
我很快学会了,
I learned very quickly,
在等了三周“好”风之后,
after three weeks of waiting for “good†wind to leave,
因为我以为风就像,“
是啊,哈哈,风总是好的!”
because I thought the wind was like,
“Yeah, haha, the wind is always good!â€
这需要很大的耐心,而且要求你
It requires a lot of patience, and it requires you
非常谦逊,
to be very humble
并且等待,
and wait
倾听。
and listen.
我觉得这有很多东西可以教。
And I think that has a lot to teach.
“哦,我明白了。哦……”
“Oh I see. Oh…â€
对我来说,这本身就是一种考验。
That for me was a test in itself.
我以为自己很耐心,很禅定。
I thought I was like, yeah, I'm patient, I'm Zen.
但那前三周等风的时候,
But those first three weeks waiting for wind,
我并不禅定。
I was not Zen.
但这会让你意识到,
你并不在掌控之中。
But it makes you
你唯一能控制的是你自己,
你的情绪状态。
just realize that you're not in control.
“休克是一种危及生命的状况,
All you can control is yourself, your emotional state.
在这种状况下,
血液流向身体组织不足,
“Shock is a life threatening condition
细胞缺氧。
in which blood flow to the tissues of the body
任何严重的外伤或疾病都可能引发休克……
”
is inadequate and cells are deprived of oxygen.
我们于2022年6月27日离开北卡罗来纳
州的博福特。
Any serious injury or illness can produce shock...â€
前往亚速尔群岛的弗洛雷斯岛。
We left Beaufort, North Carolina on June 27th, 2022.
直线距离是2200海里,
Headed for Flores in the Azores.
所以你希望每天能走100英里,
As the crow flies, that is 2200 nautical miles,
这样就能估算出大约25天的抵达时间。
so you'd hope that you'd be moving at 100 miles a day,
整个没有看到陆地的经历。
and that would give us an arrival estimate
我不会说这是一种很戏剧化的感觉。
of about 25 days.
因为速度太快了,你看不到陆地。
That whole experience of not seeing land.
整个过程中,即使你被水包围着,
I wouldn't say it was a very dramatic feeling.
你只觉得自己处在一个小气泡里,
Cause it's so fast that you don't see land.
我觉得根本无法理解,
The whole time, even though you're surrounded by water,
你竟然身处如此浩瀚的大洋之中。
you just feel like you're in a small bubble,
莉兹,你做得很好。
and I think it's just impossible to comprehend
谢谢你带领我们。
that you are in this massive ocean.
我简直不敢相信,
Liz, you're doing a great job.
这就是我们涂过的船。
Thank you for guiding us.
I can't believe
this is the boat that we painted.
打磨过,做了所有这些事。
Sanded, like, did all these things.
在水里看到它真是太奇怪了。
It's so strange to see it in the water.
在船厂里想了这么久的这艘船。
Thinking about this boat in the boatyard for so long.
现在它终于做起了本该做的事。
And now it’s was just doing what it's supposed to do.
我的塑料瞭望点。
My plastic lookout spot.
太疯狂了。我们正处在荒郊野外。
It's insane. We're in the middle of freaking nowhere.
这艘船真是老得不得了。
- 我们知道横渡大西洋,
This one is freaking old.
- We knew that crossing the Atlantic,
对我们来说基本上不可能捡到塑料。
it would be basically impossible for us to pick up plastic.
但后来我们觉得最好
的办法就是记录下来
But then we thought that the best way would just be to document
我们所看到的和所做的事情,
用最系统的方式。
what we see and do it in the most systematic way.
于是我们做了一个小日志,每天记录下
So we made a little logbook where we logged down everyday
我们能看到的塑料、
我们能捡到的塑料,然后
what we could see of plastic, what we were able to pick up, and then
还记录天气、环境以及水面状况。
also just logging down the weather,
the conditions, the way the water looked.
我们看到的船、野生动物。
The boats we saw, wildlife.
哦,他卡在里面了。
Oh, he’s stuck in there.
里面有一条小鱼?
There's a little fish inside?
是的。
Yeah.
哦。哦,他还活着。
Oh. Oh, he's still alive.
是的。他在呼吸。
Yeah. He was breathing.
他可能卡在那里出不来。
He was probably stuck in there and couldn’t get out.
天哪。
Oh my God.
我特别兴奋能再次回到海上,
坐在这艘船上
I was so excited to be back out at sea on this boat
这艘船让我对大海渴望已久。
that was longing for the water again for so long.
这是让我感到最安全、
最有活力的地方,
It's the place where I feel the safest and the most alive,
但同时我也超级紧张,
but also at the same time, I was super nervous
因为我刚重新建造了这艘船。
because I had just rebuilt this boat.
我不知道它会对更猛烈的波浪或任何挑
战做出什么反应。
I didn't know how it was going to react
而且,船上有人也让我超级紧张,因为
to heavier swell or whatever we might face.
现在我不仅对自己和船负责,
And also, having crew aboard was super nerve-wracking because
还要对另外两条生命负责。
now I have not only the responsibility of myself and of the boat,
天气平静的时候真的很棒,
but of two other lives.
因为那时我能适应船上其他人的能量。
With the calmer weather it was really nice
在岸上待了一年多,
because then I was able to acclimate to
我们收获了不少生物。
the energy of other people on the boat.
一只蜥蜴,莉兹。
Over a year on the hard with the boat,
她一直陪着我们,
we acquired many-a-creatures.
最后竟然去了海上,
这可真不是她预料到的。
One lizard, Liz.
我真的不认为她知道自己会陷入什么境
地,
She stayed with us,
把玛拉·诺卡当成新家。
ended up going out to sea, which I don't think she expected.
她是我的副船长。
And I really don't think she knew
导航员
电影精选列表