我曾在绝对自♥由♥中感到非常迷茫。
I had been feeling very lost in absolute freedom.
除了这艘船,我没有任何责任,
Not having any responsibilities besides this boat,
也没有任何事情可做。
not having anything to do.
所以当莱尔克告诉我她想出海航行时,
So when Lærke told me that she wanted to go sailing,
我对这个项目的可能性感到非常兴奋。
I got really excited about the possibility of a project.
我知道我想做一个不以我为中心的项目。
I knew I wanted to do a project that was not about me.
它不一定关乎这艘船,
It was not necessarily about the boat,
也不一定关乎
it was not necessarily about
我们如何航行或其他什么,
how we sail or whatever,
但我希望它能包括其他人。
but I wanted it to include other people.
我一直这样生活着,
I've always lived my life in such a way
每当我感受到一些令人兴奋的事情时,
that when I feel something exciting,
我就会去追逐它,
一直做下去,并不断谈论它,
I chase after it and keep doing it and keep talking about it
仿佛它一定会实现,
不管我是否真的知道。
as if it's going to happen, whether I know it is or not.
这就是你航行的方式?!——是的。
That's how you sail?!
- Yeah.
加入女性的想法似乎很酷,
It just seemed very cool to join the idea of women
穿越北大西洋航行,
sailing across the North Atlantic,
一般很少有人这么做,
which not many people do in general,
这不是一次轻松的旅程,
it's not the choice trip
因为它很颠簸。
because it's rough.
而且这艘船如此质朴简单,
And the boat being so rustic and simple
在航行能力上很有意思。
in its capabilities to sail across, it's interesting.
玛拉·诺卡是詹姆斯·怀勒姆的设计。
Mara Noka is a James Wharram design.
NARAI第一代,
NARAI Mark one,
建于1971至1974年。
built in 1971 through ‘74.
它基于朗戈,
It's based off of the Rongo,
这是詹姆斯·怀勒姆建造的第二艘船,
which was James Wharram’s second boat
他用它首次横跨北大西洋,
that he built to cross the North Atlantic
从西到东。
west to east for the first time ever.
以前没人用双体船做到过这一点。
Nobody had done that on a catamaran before.
我在巴拿马找到了玛拉·诺卡。
I found Mara Noka in Panama.
拿到船时我完全不会航海,
I did not know how to sail at all when I got the boat,
我甚至不知道怎么升起主帆。
I did not know how to pull up the mainsail.
我懂风向,
I understood wind,
但当我开始航行时,
but when I started sailing,
感觉就像是船在带我航行。
it really felt like the boat was sailing me.
连续航行一周后,
After one week of sailing constantly
第一次,
for the first time,
我开始熟悉各种声音,
I started to know the noises
那真是一种有趣的体验。
and that was such an interesting experience.
我不知道,
你和这艘船之间会产生一种共生关系。
I don’t know, you create like a symbiosis with this vessel.
在第一年的航行中,
Through that first year of sailing,
整个过程一直非常艰难,
看着船变得松散,
it was really, really rough all the time
to watch the boat get loose
并感受到对这艘船的亏欠感。
and feeling this sense of debt to the boat.
有时我能感觉到它在痛苦,
I could feel that it was in pain sometimes,
但仍然享受它所做的一切。
but still enjoyed what it was doing.
它和这艘船之间有一种特别的联♥系♥。
There’s just such a special connection with it.
感觉它好像很期待,
It felt like it was excited for
新的冒险。
new adventures.
当我住在家乡时,我经常去那里
When I lived in my hometown, I would go often down
然后就坐在水边,向外望去。
and just sit by the water and look out.
尽管那是个海湾,
And even though it was a bay,
你却看不到对岸的陆地,
我一直觉得在眺望大海时能获得很多
you couldn't see land on the other side,
and I've always just found a lot of
平静,因为它就像一块空白画布,
peace in looking at the ocean,
because it's like a blank canvas and
你可以尽情眺望,
you can just look out and
一切似乎皆有可能。
anything seems possible.
我一直想
I've always wanted to
从小就开始进行一次长途航行,
sail on a long journey since I was a child,
我记得这些书
and I remember these books
来自丹麦的一个航海家庭,
父母常给我读这些书,
from this sailor family in Denmark that
my parents would read to me,
其中一本讲的是一个孩子踏上了一段漫
长的旅程,
and there was one about one of the kids
going on this big journey,
他们去了加勒比海,
遇到了各种各样的动物。
and they were in the Caribbean, and
they met all these animals.
比如看到海豚和海龟,
Like seeing dolphins and turtles,
这件事一直萦绕在我心头,
and it's just been in my head for a long time,
后来我开始告诉别人我要横渡大西洋,
and then I just started to tell people that
I was going across the Atlantic,
有时候我通过不断重复来创造自己的现
实,
and then sometimes I create my own reality
by just repeating stuff,
这正是我想做的。
and then that was what I wanted to do.
最终
Eventually
我觉得记录塑料如何穿越海洋会很酷,
因为这对我第一次横渡大西洋时影响很
大。
figured it would be really cool to document
塑料污染
how the plastic travels across the ocean, because that was
在我们的海洋中是一个巨大的问题,
something that impacted me a lot on my first Atlantic crossing.
它让我不断思考更好的解决方案。
Plastic pollution
我住在加那利群岛,
在那里我与清洁海洋项目合作,
in our oceans is a huge problem,
所以我总是在海滩上捡垃圾,
做海滩清理工作。
and it's constantly making me think about better solutions.
我记得有一次在某个海滩上,
我们发现了
I live in the Canary Islands where I work with Clean Ocean Project,
超过45个塑料瓶,它们来自世界各地,
so I'm always on the beach collecting trash, doing beach cleanups.
许多瓶子都曾横渡过大西洋,
And I remember one time on one beach we found
因为它们随风和洋流漂行,
和船只一样。
over 45 plastic bottles and they were from all over the world,
所以我觉得追踪这段旅程会很有意思。
and many of those bottles have crossed the Atlantic
我只需要,我需要帮助。是的。
because they travel with the same winds and the currents as the boats do.
嗯,我能帮上忙吗?
So I thought it would be interesting to follow that journey.
我遇见基亚娜时,
她刚独自完成她的第一次横渡大西洋,
I just need, I need help. Yeah.
她当时正经过加那利群岛,我想:
Well, can I help?
真是个了不起的女人,
I met Kiana when she had just done her first
Atlantic crossing by herself,
我想和她一起做点什么。
and she was passing through the Canary Islands, and I thought,
于是我们开始聊天,很快
what a badass woman,
我们开始梦想着做一个项目,
I want to do something with her.
而且我们当时没钱。
So we started talking, and quickly
但最终我想,我一定要做这件事,
we started dreaming about doing a project
无论如何都要让它实现。
and we had no money.
于是我卖♥♥掉了我的旧车。
But eventually I thought, I want to do this
我卖♥♥了我的冲浪板。
and I want to make it happen no matter what.
我跟所有人说:“三个月后见。”
So I sold my old car.
然后我去见基亚娜。
I sold my surfboard.
我在船厂见到了她,
I told everyone, “See you in three months.â€
然后她告诉我
and I went to see Kiana.
I met her in the boatyard,
and then she told me
这艘船有些问题,
there are a few problems with the boat,
但我们两周后还是会继续航行。
but we're still going to be sailing in two weeks.
短短两周转眼变成了一整年。
The two weeks quickly turned into a full year.
我们最后把船上的焦油
We ended up peeling the tar
和尼龙涂层剥掉,
and nylon coating off of the boat
露出了所有裸♥露♥的木头,
and exposing all the bare wood
然后我们给它重新贴玻璃,
这个过程非常费力。
that we glassed over, which was a very laborious process.
除此之外,还有运费和油漆,
On top of that, fare and paint,
底漆和面漆。
prime and paint.
然后我们换了整个上层甲板。
Then we changed the entire top deck.
耶!小心点!
Yeah! Watch out!
我们发现,
事情从来不会完全按计划进行,
We learned that nothing really ever goes as planned,
而这正是整个冒险中很重要的一部分。
and that's just a big part of the whole adventure.
即使大部分时间都很艰难,
And even if it was hard most of the time,
我们很幸运得到了很多支持,
we were lucky that we received a lot of support
来自朋友、家人和身边的人,
from friends and family and people around us,
这给了我们很大的动力继续前进,
and that was a big motivator to keep going,
而且,我们俩都知道,
另一种选择——放弃——
and also, we both knew that the alternative
会更加艰难。
电影精选列表