只有当彼得·柯尔特打败皮埃尔·马拉克斯的时候
Which means it can only get better as
美好才能变得更美好
Peter Colt stares down the racket of Pierre Maroux.
局点
Game point.
他今天开局极好
He's offto a roaring start.
但是记住 克里斯 上次他们相遇是在
But remember, Chrissy, the last time these two met...
97年的美国公开赛半决赛上
was in '97 u.S. Open semis,
一个我相信彼得·柯尔特 想从记忆中抹去的日子
a day I'm certain Peter Colt wants to wipe from the memory banks.
不是开玩笑 这是柯尔特职业生涯的一个极好机会
No kiddin'. it was the greatest opportunity of Colt's career.
他先拿了两局 然后他突然"噎"住了
He was up two sets, and then he completely choked.
而且我想他还没有完全恢复过来
And I don't think he's ever fully recovered from it.
你知道 约翰 "噎住"可以由于一些极小的原因造成
You know,John, choking can be instigated by the smallest thing.
是的 你早上醒来 发现有些东西就是不对劲
Absolutely. You wake up in the morning, and something just isn't right.
或者就有一些小小的迷信不对劲
Or maybe a little superstition you have goes wrong.
这样一个自我怀疑的种子就种下了
and a seed of self-doubt is planted.
利兹 我爱你
Lizzie! I love you!
不管你往哪里看 这种怀疑的情绪只会增加
Then everywhere you look, that feeling of doubt seems to be looking right back at you.
一旦这种情况发生 只要一球
Once that happens, all it takes is one point.
一个决定性的球会建立或摧毁你的自信
One decisive point that can make or break your confidence...
然后完全决定一场比赛的胜负
and completely determine the outcome of a match.
-决胜球 鲁宾小姐 -柯尔特占优
-Game... Miss Rupesi ndhe. -advantage... Colt.
今天看来在二号♥场地没有战利品
Well, there's no trophy here today on number two court.
彼得·柯尔特完全控制了局势
Peter Colt is firmly in control.
-谢谢你 -还差两分
-Thank you. -and incredibly,just two points away...
就能进军星期天的温布尔登决赛 对美国的贾克·哈门德
from the Wimbledon final on Sunday against America's Jake Hammond.
-加油 彼得 -请安静
-Come on, pete! -Quiet please.
-那简直是一个不可能的接球 决胜球 -好
-That was an almost impossible passing shot. Match point. -Yes!
看起来他刚刚撞到脑袋
And he seems to be having trouble getting up
似乎有点起不来了
from that awkward tumble just now.
彼得·柯尔特处在痛苦中
Peter Colt's clearly in pain.
-妈的 -这很难说
-Shit. -It's hard to tell.
这对于他来说也许是场灾难
This could spell disaster for the man who's captured the hearts...
起来 儿子 起来 起来 你做的到
Come on, Son. Come on. Come on. Pick yourself up. You can do it.
柯尔特先生 你还好吗
Mr. Colt, are you okay?
-是我的背伤了 -你能起来吗
-It's my back. -Can you get up?
我不完全确定
I'm not entirely sure.
-还有一分 来啊 -他听不见的
-One more point. Come on. -He can't actually hear you.
-他听得见的 -这是奇怪的汤姆·卡文迪许比赛的重现
-Oh, yes, he can. -This is an eerie echo of the Tom Cavendish match.
-好的 他站起来了 -好啊 他听得见
-Well, he's back on his feet. -Oh, yes, he can.
-只有他知道这对他有多大伤害 -上帝 这真痛苦
-Well, only he knows how much it's hurting him. -Oh, my God! The stress.
他怎么受的了
How does he deal with it?
他怎么受得了
How does who deal with it?
我的背啊
Oh, my back!
我的背痛极了
My back is killing me.
但是记住 你还有一分就进入决赛了
But remember you're one point away from the finals.
我很希望能有英国人进入决赛 但是得了吧
I'd love to see an English guy in the finals, but give me a break.
你还记得澳洲公开赛吗
Do you remember Australia?
你的肩膀痛极了 但是你怎么做来着
Your shoulder was killing you, and what did you do then?
-好的 好的 -彼得·柯尔特是网球界最幸运的人
-all right. all right. all right! -Peter Colt is the luckiest man in tennis.
这会很疼
This is gonna hurt.
胜出 柯尔特胜出
Game, set, match... Colt.
-柯尔特三比零大胜 6-2 6-1 6-3 -好
-Colt wins three sets to love: 6-2, 6-1, 6-3. -Yes!
我知道他能做的到
I knew he could do it.
两个星期前 谁能想到 这个时代所遗忘的人
Who would have bet, two weeks ago, that the man time had forgotten,
兔子 在吃你的生菜的时候被我抓到的
Rabbit. Caught it messing with your lettuce.
真好
Good man.
祝贺 彼得 我们能做个简短采访吗
Congratulations, Peter. Can we just do a quickie?
不 现在不行
No, not right now.
她打的怎么样
How'd she do?
这只是我现在状态极好
It's just one of those days where I couldn't do anything wrong,
而利兹状态很差罢了
and Lizzie just couldn't do anything right.
布莱德芭莉小姐
That would include accepting defeat,
今天很难接受这个失败
which Ms. Bradbury found very difficult today.
-靠 -她不会怪你吧
-Bugger. -It's not as if she can blame you, is it?
我告诉过你我需要集中注意力 所以要离开你几天
I told you I needed to focus, to be away from you for just a few days.
但是你潜入我的房♥间
But, no, instead you sneak into my room,
你甚至一个晚上也等不及...
you don't even have the decency to spend the night...
我开始的已经够早了
I had the earliest start,
-因为我知道你需要睡眠 -我只是你需要的一个小妞
-and I thought you'd want the extra sleep. -I was some chickyou picked up.
而那个小妞要去练发球
Well, this chick is going back home to work on her serve.
利兹 我很遗憾你的比赛 但是请不要离开
Lizzie, I am sorry about your match. I really am. But please don't go.
因为你要在决赛前和我有一腿
Because you need to screw me before the finals.
这就是你认为我今天来的原因
That's why you think I'm here?
不是吗 彼得 你一点也没这么想过
It's not. Really, Peter? Not even just a little bit?
你看 我知道你想让我觉得
aha! You see? I know you want me to think...
我们相爱了什么的
that we're falling in love or some bullshit,
但是你这个星期以来爱上的只是 赢得比赛
but the only thing you fell in love with this weekwas winning.
-绝对不是事实 -当然是事实了
-That is absolutely not true. -Oh, yes, it is.
你知道吗 我也想胜利 胜过任何事 胜过任何人
And you know what? I love winning too. More than anything. More than anyone.
-不要这么说 你不是这个意思 -我是这个意思
-Don't say that. You don't mean it. -I do.
爱情在网球上什么也不是 只表示你会输
Love means nothing in tennis. Zero. It only means you lose.
她发球之后手臂回位太快了
She's dropping her arm too soon after the toss.
你得要把脑子清空了 你要忘了她
You must clear your head. You must forget about her.
爱情是狗屎 就像她说的
Love is shit, just like she said.
是啊 他说的太对了
Yeah. He's absolutely right.
问我那快离婚的老婆吧 还有我所有的前妻
Just ask my soon-to-be ex-wife. ask all my ex-wives.
谢谢你的睿智 朗 你不是应该去见见贾克吗
Thanks for the words of wisdom, Ron. Shouldn't you be off sucking up to Jake?
我早饭的时候已经解决了
I took care of that at breakfast.
你给了她短暂的幸福 那又怎么样呢
You gave her a taste of her medicine. So what?
你进决赛了 是继续前进的时候了 她也要的
You're in the finals. it's time to move on, same as she would.
-我不想前进 -感到了吗
-I don't want to move... -Feel that?
我认为你这就是"是" 我不能做任何承诺
Ow! I 'll take that as a yes. Look, I'm not making any promises,
但是如果你能休息不动
but if you keep relatively still,
你应该能在决赛前恢复状态
you should be in a decent state for the finals.
好 我们拿到了 福利托公♥司♥
Yes! We got it. Frito-Lay.
-什么 -你是他们新薯片产品的代言人
-What? -You are the new spokesperson for their brand-new chip.
惊喜吧 朋友 这就叫"是你的总是你的"
Surprisingly Zesty, it's called. That's you, pal.
-上帝啊 我得逃离这里 -不 不行
-Oh, God. I've gotta get out of here. -No. No way.
你听见医生说的话了 让我们叫一些服务来吧
You heard the good doctor. Let's get you some room service.
我实在是太喜欢那些...你怎么称呼那个...
I would kill for another dozen of those... what do you call the...
小黄瓜三明治
those little cucumber sandwiches?
-黄瓜三明治 -你们英国人对什么都有个名字 对吗
-Cucumber sandwiches. -You Brits got a name for everything, huh?
另外一条新闻是 科伊伯带彗星
And in other news, the kuiper belt comet armstrong-Flynn...
今天终于从视线中消失了
finally disappeared from view today after blazing for nearly a...
好吧 我走了
Yeah, all right. I'm going.
我走了
I'm going.
看在上帝分上 卡尔
Oh, for God's sake, Carl.
卡尔
Carl!
看在上帝分上...
For God's sake, what...
我不是告诉你进房♥间之前一定要敲门吗
Didn't I tell you always to knock before entering a room?
现在已经迟了 过来吃点早餐吧
Well, it's a bit late now. You better come in and have some breakfast.
你想吃什么
What do you want?
鸡蛋和面包
Eggs and soldiers?
-鸡蛋就不错 -坐下吧
-Oh, eggs will be fine. -Sit down.
-早上好 儿子 -柠檬酱呢
-Morning, Son. -Where's the marmalade?
我已经不住树屋了
Well, uh, I'm out of the tree house.
是啊 看得出来
Yeah, you certainly are.
你妈妈和我似乎找到了一些新的共同兴趣
Your mother and I seem to have found some common ground at long last.
-是吗 是什么 -你 彼得
-Oh, really. What's that? -You, Peter.
你...也许意识到了 我和你妈 我们之间过去几年
You're, uh, probably aware that things have been a bit sticky
有些不太愉快 好吧 确实挺久了
for the last few years, well, years actually.
事实上
The fact is that, uh,
最后我们唯一分享的只是楼下的厕所
in the end, the only thing we shared was the downstairs toilet,
她也不是特别满意
and she wasn't really keen on that.
我想说的是...
I think what I'm trying to say is that...
我们都忘记了 你对于我们二人是多么重要的启迪
we'd forgotten just what an inspiration you are to both of us.
这样说也许有些绕弯 我知道
That's meant to be the other way around actually, I know.
但是我们都为你骄傲
But how very proud we are of you.
我们很久以来都没有这么过了
It's been a long time since we've done this.
太久了
Too bloody long.
爸爸
Dad?