我们的生活总是以梦想作为开端 不是吗
We all start offin life with a dream, don't we?
对于网球选手来说 梦想就是在大满贯的决赛中
For a tennis player, it's being in the final of the Grand Slam...
在中♥央♥的场地 吊高了球 然后一记重扣
center court, a high lob, a smash.
在比赛中赢得冠军
Game, set and match... you're a champion.
成为第一名
You're number one.
但是对于多数的网球选手来说 那仅仅是个-梦想
But for most tennis players, that's all it ever is... a dream.
现实则完全不一样 这就是我的情况
The reality is another story... my story.
你看见那个帅小伙了
You see that good-looking fella?
不 不是那个穿白色的小子 另一个 打累了的帅小伙
No, not the kid in white. The other, tired, good-looking fella.
对 就是他 那就是我
Yeah. Him. Well, that's me.
很久以前获得过英国戴维斯杯冠军
British Davis Cup a long time ago.
更久以前获得过两项单打冠军
Two singles titles even longer ago.
现在世界排名119名
presently ranked 119th in the world.
运动是残酷的
Sport is cruel.
我知道这听起来不是那么糟
Now, I know it doesn 't sound too bad.
世界上有四百万网球运动员 我排名119
Four million tennis players in the world, and I'm 119th.
但是这实际上意味着...
But what that really means is this...
还有118个家伙比我快
118 guys out there are faster,
比我强壮 更好 更年轻
stronger, better and younger.
这会让你想
and it gets you thinking.
-你已经32岁了 -人生最黄金的时期
-You'll be 32 in... -The prime of my life.
-彼得·柯尔特还能打多长时间 -是该荣誉退休的时候了
-How long can Peter Colt keep playing this game? -Time to retire gracefully.
别想了 好好发球就行了
Stop it. Stop it. Just serve.
这些年轻人 他们哪来的这么多能量和注意力
These young guys... where do they get the energy, the focus?
无所畏惧 你看 你不能有恐惧
No fear. You see, the one thingyou can't have is fear.
我这一辈子头一次 感到恐惧了
and for the first time in my life, I'm afraid.
不是怕失败 我甚至不是怕这个小子
Not of losing. I'm not even afraid of the kid.
我怕的是 如果我总是这么失球会怎么样
I'm afraid of what happens if that ball keeps going by me.
以后会怎么样
What happens then?
我希望你不介意 我自作主张给你刻上去了
I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of having it engraved.
是啊
Exactly.
-老实说 我最大的问题是趴车 -是啊
-Frankly, my biggest problem is parking. -Right.
你当然没这个问题了 你有自己的趴位
Mm, not for you, of course. No. Your own space.
-还有自己的铭牌 -好啊
-Nameplate again. -Oh, good.
你好啊 伊安 这就是你跟我们提起过的那个年轻人吗
Hello, Ian. Is this the young man you were telling us about?
是啊 彼得·柯尔特 绝无仅有的一个
Mm-hmm. Peter Colt, the one and only.
听说曾经在世界上排名第15
Once ranked 15th in theworld, I hear.
实际上是11 96年的黄金时期
Uh, 11th, actually, for the better part of '96.
彼得已经获得了温布尔登参赛权
Yes. Peter's got himself a wild card at Wimbledon.
我们希望他能在俱乐部这里挂拍
Then we're hoping he'll be hanging his racket here at the club.
看到时候的吧
Well, we'll see.
我们什么时候应该让你指导一下我们的触地球
We shall look forward to giving you a peek at our ground strokes.
不是吗 女士们
Won't we, ladies?
闭嘴 希尔维
Oh, do shut up, Sylvia.
-祝你比赛好运 年轻人 -非常感谢
-Good luck at the championships, young man. -Thank you very much.
我们继续吧 彼得 彼得
Yes. Carry on. Uh, Peter. Peter.
-小心那些女士了 简直是职业病了 -当然
-Watch the ladies. Occupational hazard. -Of course.
看这里 看看这里
Oh, look at this. Look at this.
全新的杂交草坪 跟扬基队用的一样好
Completely new hybrid. Yes, developed by the Yanks.
弹性而柔韧
Firm but springy.
彼得啊
Look, Peter.
-我不能总这么等下去 我当然希望你...-伊安
-I can't wait forever. There's no one else I'd rather... -Ian.
不用再等了 我做你们的网球教练
Look no further. You have your tennis director.
那可太好了 太好了
Oh, that is splendid. So splendid.
看 那是彼得·柯尔特 新来的教练
Oh, look. That's Peter Colt, the new pro.
曾经世界排名第17呢
Once ranked 17th in the world.
11 我以前是世界排名11
Eleventh! I was ranked 11th in the world.
是什么让一个网球选手与众不同
What makes one tennis player different from another?
不是因为有力的前臂或发球 很多人都有这个能力
It isn't a killer forehand orserve. Lots of people have those.
成为最伟大的球员还有别的因素
But the great ones have something else.
有人说是有家庭的支持
Some say it's a supportive family.
其他人说是由于饥饿 非常的饥饿
Others say it's being hungry, really hungry.
但是你能看到 我从没饥饿过
But as you can see, I've never been hungry.
喂 说到家庭的支持
Hello. and as far as a supportive family goes...
妈妈 爸爸
Mum? Dad?
有人在家吗
anybody home?
你好啊 卡尔
Hello, Carl.
生活还是不那么如意 是吗
Life still giving you trouble, is it?
喉咙深处 导演剪辑版 绝对经典
Deep Throat. Di rector's cut. absol ute classic.
他们像阿猫阿狗一样 已经几个星期了
They've been at it like that... like cats and dogs... for weeks.
你还好吧 爸爸
You all right, Dad?
没事没事
Yes, yes, yes.
你的温布尔登入场券已经搞定了吗
You got our Wi m bledon tickets sorted yet?
因为 你知道的 我不想错过你的最后赛事
'Cause, you know, I don't wanna miss your grand finale.
一个有趣的事实是 我在有家庭成员观战的时候
Interesting bit of trivia actually. I've never won a match at Wimbledon
从来没在温布尔登里赢过比赛
with my family in attendance.
-你不邀请我们去 -不
-We're not invited? -No.
-她可不会喜欢这样 -我不会喜欢什么
-She's not gonna like that. -What won't I like?
你好啊 亲爱的 你看上去有点憔悴啊
Hello, darling. You're looking rather gaunt.
-谢谢 爸爸怎么那么不高兴 -可笑的男人
-Thank you. Why is Dad so upset? -Oh. Ridiculous man.
不知怎么 他觉得我和爱洛特·拉金在偷♥情♥
For some reason, he believes I'm having an affairwith Eliot Larkin.
妈妈 他看见你在停车场接吻了
Mother. He saw you snogging in the club car park.
-就是这样了 -可不是在厨房♥里啊
-Well, that would do it. -Not in the kitchen.
我就是想让你♥爸♥爸看见我们 就是这个原因
I wanted your father to see us. That was the point.
把他从愚蠢里催醒 激励他有所行动
Shake him out of his stupor, compel him to act.
我听说你想退休去教一些老女人打球
I hear you're planning to retire to babysit a bunch of old ladies.
我和你♥爸♥多年前可不是这么预想的
Not what your father and I had in mind all those years ago
希望你还是能坚持下去
cheering you on.
你知道为什么吗 因为我相信你会成为一个伟大的球员
and do you know why? Because I believe you to be a truly great tennis player.
-上帝 -你总是害怕承认自己
-Oh, God. -You've just always been afraid to admit it to yourself.
-我不是害怕 我老了 -别可笑了
-I'm not afraid. I'm old. -Oh, don't be absurd.
-31岁可不算老 -在网球界
-Thirty-one is not old. -It is in tennis years.
-我已经算的上你这个年纪了 -谢谢你 亲爱的
-I might as well be your age. -Thank you, dear.
我厌倦了旅馆 机场
and I'm tired of hotels, and I'm tired of airports...
一成不变的长距离爱情还有...
and long-distance love affairs that never go anywhere and...
-失败 -是啊 失败 谢谢 卡尔
-Losing? -Yeah, losing. Thanks, Carl.
现在告诉她票子的事情吧
Now tell her about the tickets.
票
Tickets?
上帝啊 你真是无♥耻♥啊 不是吗
Oh, God. You really are a wanker, aren't you?
严酷 但是很公平
Harsh but fair.
为什么他没有票
Why doesn't he have the tickets?
我是说 你知道为什么吗 他怎么想的
I mean, do you know why? What does he think?
他觉得我们应该坐在这里看电视
Does he think we're going to sit here watching it on television?
爸 你在上面干吗
Dad, what are you doing up there?
我多年前就应该搬到这上面来住了
I should've moved up here years ago.
-好吧 我去温布尔登了 -好吧
-Right. Well, I'm off up to Wimbledon then. -Righto.
-彼得 -怎么了
-Peter. -Yeah.
记得我跟你说过 网球是绅士的运动吗
Remember I always told you that tennis was a gentleman's game?
-记得啊 -那完全是胡说的
-Yeah. -Total bollocks.
我跟你说过的一切 都是胡扯的
Everything I ever told you... total bollocks.
好吧
Right then.
-欢迎来到多尔切斯特 柯尔特先生 -谢谢
-Welcome to the Dorchester, Mr. Colt. -Thank you.
你有一套房♥在顶楼 景色不错的
You have a suite, top floor. Wonderful view.
真的 我觉得你是不是犯了个...
Really, I think you might have made a...
谢谢你
Thank you.
他们说景色不错 没说错
Well, theyweren't wrong about the view.
-你需要什么吗 -对 我...
-You need something? -Yeah, i...
对不起 他们给我1221房♥的钥匙了
I'm so sorry. I was given the key to Room 1221.
这就是1221 我的1221
This is Room 1221... my 1221.
对 你的1221 你说的不错
Oh, right. Your 1221. Well, that makes perfect sense.
-什么说的不错 -我预定的是便宜的多的房♥间
-What makes perfect sense? -You see, I'd reserved a more modest room.
我马上下去前台
Now I'll go down to the front desk and...
告诉他们这个可笑的错误
thank them for this dreadful error.
那就再见吧
Good-bye then.
是 再见 我还要说你身体不错 运气
Yes, good-bye. and may I say good body... Luck!
靠 我是说...
Shit. I meant...
靠
Shit.
厨房♥不错
Oh. Lovely kitchen.
这边
This way.
看看 这里不是舒适多了吗
See now? That's much cozier.