profligacy...
还有, 到了尽头时 能够走得庄严
and at the last possible moment, sainthood.
我希望过有意义的人生
I want a life that makes sense.
你...
You...
还没告诉我 你为什么会想当参议员
still haven't told me how you got the idea you wanted to be a senator.
其实我并不想当参议员
That's not actually what I want.
我希望能当...总统
I want to be the President.
你为什么笑?
Why are you smiling?
因为你是认真的
Because you mean it.
你还是向制度妥协了
-You're still part of the same system.
不然要怎么办? 去加拿大? 去坐牢?
-So what do I do, go to Canada, go to jail?
没错, 我的意思是 如果你忠于自己的理念
Yes! I mean, if it's what you believe in.
我认为对你来说很容易 因为你不会被军队征召
I think that's easy for you to say because you can't be drafted.
我实在是太感激了
That is so patronizing.
对不起, 我向你道歉
I'm sorry.
但如果我照你的方法去做 随便一件事...
But if I do those things, either of those things...
都很可能让我从前的努力 全部付诸流水
I risk throwing away everything that I've worked for.
可是我的方法, 最终...
This way, eventually...
我总会做出些实际 具体的改革
I can make some real, substantial changes...
不必把我的人生浪费在 一些无意义的抗争上
without throwing away my life on some ultimately meaningless gesture.
有时候 我们也只能做无意义的抗争
Sometimes meaningless gestures are all we have.
你非常有野心, 对不对?
You're very ambitious, aren't you?
恐怕是如此
I'm afraid I am.
小心一点
Be careful.
野心就像...
Ambition is...
心湖中结的冰
the ice on the lake of emotion.
是谁说的?
Who said that?
是我
I did.
我可以上去吗?
Can I come up?
进展太快了 拜托! 何不把它当成是 战火下的恋情?
-Too fast. -Can we think of it as a wartime romance?
上来吧! Fielding
Come on up, Fielding.
天哪!
Oh, God.
千万别让他们把你送去越南
Please don't let them send you to Vietnam.
我不会有事的
I'll be okay.
好不好?
All right?
你会错意了
It's not that.
什么?
What?
假使你被调到越南
If you go over...
你会被我支持的人攻击
you'll be getting shot at by the people I want to win.
我不想陷入左右为难的处境
I don't want to have to choose who to root for.
Fielding, 你有听到我说话吗?
You still with us, Fielding?
我只是在思考
I'm just thinking.
1982年, 芝加哥, 十年后
Fielding, 你瞭解州长给你什么机会吗?
Do you realize what the Governor is offering here, Fielding?
这是从州检查官办公室
It's a big jump from the county prosecutor's office...
晋升到美国国会的良机
to the United States Congress.
外面到底有什么好看的?
What the hell are you looking at out there?
爱德, 他正在思考
He's thinking, Ed.
你不想得到 一个草率的决定吧?
You don't want a snap decision, do you?
我也不想在这里枯坐一天
I don't want to spend all day sitting here, either.
听着, 不会有问题的
There's no problem.
小子, 没什么好怕的
Nothing to be scared of, kid.
你不可能输的
You can't lose.
知道民♥主♥党在这区的补选 最后一次失利是何时?
You know when a Democrat last lost a special election in this district?
我那时还在上高中呢!
Hell, I was still going to high school...
那杰瑞卡迈可怎么办?
What about Jerry Charmichael?
他是自掘坟墓
He hung himself.
搞同性恋就算了 还被人逮到和男友搞利益输送
One thing to be a fag, but he got caughtputting his boyfriend on the US payroll.
反正他已经宣布要辞职了 那是他的问题
Anyway, he's announced his resignation. That's his business.
你的问题是 你到底要不要这个席位?
Yours is: Do you want this seat or not?
好吧!
All right.
现在告诉我 你有没有任何事...应该让我知道 却没有对我坦白的
Tell me if there's anything about you I don't know that maybe I ought to.
我最不会回答这种问题
I never know how to answer that.
你♥他♥妈♥的在耍什么宝? 别这样
-What the fuck are you playing with? -Come.
他根本不识抬举 他是个好孩子
-He's kicking the gift horse in the nuts. -He's a good kid.
身家清白
Clean as a whistle.
父亲是工会的成员
Father's a union man.
好吧!
All right.
这是我欠你朋友lsaac的 我会把你弄进华盛顿
I owe your friend Isaac. I'll get you to Washington.
等到你能够搞清楚状况
By the time you learn to find your ass without using both hands...
正好到举♥行♥大选的时候 如果我们还不是朋友的话...
it'll be time for the regular election and if we aren't friends by then...
那么一切就免谈
that'll be that.
我得走了 没问题
-I have to go. -Of course.
一切都会很顺利的
It'll all work out.
我会叫我的人打电♥话♥给你
I'll have my people call you.
这些年来 我希望能过有意义的人生
All those years.
Fielding, 你是我的爱人
I want a life that makes sense. You're my lover, Fielding.
我也有一件
I have one, too.
我不想看你变成 他们计划中的一枚棋子
I don't want to have to watch you turn into a cog in their machine.
有时候 我们也只能做无意义的抗争
Sometimes meaningless gestures are all we have.
Sarah?
我要向我选区内 所有的选民道歉
I want to apologize to the people of my district.
我让他们失望了
I've let them down...
我有生之年都必须面对 良心上的谴责
and that's something I'll have to live with for the rest of my life.
我也要向我的妻子萝伦道歉...
I also want to apologize to my wife, Lorraine...
- 还有我的两个孩子
- my two children.
据消息人士指出 出缺席位的递补人选
Insiders say the man most likely to fill the vacant seat...
极有可能是检查官办公室 现年32岁的律师...
is a 32-year-old attorney from the DA's office...
Fielding·Pierce 政♥治♥立场不明的单身汉
Fielding Pierce, a bachelor and political unknown.
预料州长卡诺斯将宣布...
Governor Kinosis is expected to announce...
Hello?
小心有电♥话♥的寂♥寞♥男♥子
Beware the lonely man with a telephone.
这不是我的众议员弟弟吗?
Is that my congressman brother?
看来你已经听到消息了 是爸妈告诉你的吗?
I guess you heard the news. Mom and Dad told you?
你不是在开玩笑吧?
Are you kidding me?
妈已经买♥♥了一本剪贴簿了
Mom's already bought a whole new scrapbook.
恭喜你, 亲爱的
Congratulations, honey.
谢谢
Thanks.
小弟?
Honey?
你知道我希望什么吗? 什么?
-You know what I wish? -What?
我希望Sarah还活着
I wish Sarah was here.
我瞭解, 我瞭解 我也很怀念她 事情好像越来越顺利
-I know. I still miss her, too. -It gets better.
然后像是理所当然的样子
Then it's like it never got better at all.
如果你们还在一起 这些事情都不可能发生
If you were still with her, none of this would be happening.
她支持的理念 会迫使你放弃自己的目标
Everything she was would've taken you away from where you wanted to go.
我知道
I know.
我开始假装她还活着
I'm starting to pretend she's alive.
你为什么要这样做?
Why would you do that?
我也不知道
I don't know.
事情很自然就发生了
It's just happening.
我可以感觉到 她和我一起在雪中漫步
I can feel her around me in the snow.
天哪!
Oh, God.
Fielding, 不要这样折磨自己
Fielding, don't do this to yourself.
哦! 不是折磨 我的意思是...
No, it's...
我真的不介意 只是觉得很有趣, 如此而已
I don't mind it, really. It's just interesting, that's all.
不, 小弟 一点也不有趣
No, it isn't, honey.
很悲哀
It's sad.
是非常, 非常的悲哀
It's really, really sad.
亲爱的Fielding
Dear Fielding:
如果你离开是为一场好的战争
If you were going off to fight a war, a good war...
我会在烛光下写信给你
I could write this by candlelight...
伤心哭泣 然后去教堂为你祈祷
weep, and then go to church and pray for you.
但现在只有一场战争
But there's only one war...
而且是不好的
and it's bad.
虽然你保证 你的船不会驶向越南
And though you promise that your ship's not going near Vietnam...
我仍旧担心你们会改变航线
I keep thinking your course will change.
现在是清晨三点
It's 3:00 in the morning...
我现在很需要你...
and I'm needing you...
感觉是如此的身不由己
like a thousand monkeys on my back.
我穿着你的黑色T恤
I'm wearing your black T-shirt.
你临走前怎么找都找不到 因为被我藏了起来
You were looking all over for it before you left, but I had it hidden.
我需要有你味道的东西
I needed something here that smells of you...
电影精选列表