如果没有他们的无私,会有更多的人失去生命。
I do hope that is being considered.
我希望你们,会考虑这个问题的。
I would like to hear more of these stories.
我想听更多这样的故事。
I only know my own.
我只知道,我自己的故事。
However, I imagine anyone who survived that night would
have quite a story to tell.
然而,我想任何一个那晚幸存下来的人,都会有一个很好的故事要讲。
I know where they are.
我知道,她们在哪儿。
I could take you.
我可以带你们去。
I said this was not to happen.
我说过,这是不可能的。
They are here on their own free will.
他们是自愿来到这里的。
This is where the aid remains, immigrant women who
lost their husbands,in most cases,
援助任然需要,那些移♥民♥妇女不但失去了丈夫,更多的情况下,
the sole breadwinner of the family.
还失去了唯一养家糊口的支柱。
Lily! Lilly!
莉莉! 莉莉!
You've been here.
您已经来过这里了。
Aboard Carpathia, we had nothing but time.
在“卡帕西亚号♥”上,我们有的是时间。
As it turns out,I'm not entirely hopeless with needle and yarn.
事实会证明,我对针线活计,并不是完全一窍不通。
I didn't know what became of you.
我不知道,你怎么变成了这付样子。
Anyway, the other rescue ship should be here soon.
不管怎样,另一艘救援船应该很快就到了。
Her husband, she's waiting.
她的丈夫,她还在等着他。
We will return to Washington and inform
Mr. Bayliss that his services are no longer needed.
我们将返回华盛顿,通知贝利斯治安官,不再需要他的服务了。
(华盛顿特区)
Oh!
哦!
Mm.
嗯。
Oh!
哦!
I've kept up with all of the papers.
我一直在看所有的报纸。
It's going well?
一切都还顺利吗?
Not as I'd hoped.
不像我希望的那样。
Come with me.
跟我来。
From an admiring public.
来自公众的赞美。
We were told not even God can sink that ship.
我们被告知,即使是上帝,也无法弄沉那艘船。
Quartermaster Fleet,stationed in the crow's nest,
弗利特轮机长,除了你站在桅杆观察哨上,
(1912年4月23日,华盛顿特区,罗素参议院大厦)
was there anyone at a higher point aboard Titanic?
“泰坦尼克号♥”上还有人,在更高的地方瞭望吗?
(1912年4月23日,华盛顿特区,罗素参议院大厦)
No, sir.
没有了,先生。
- You were the lookout,the eyes of the ship? - Yes, sir.
- 你是瞭望哨,是“船的眼睛”? - 是的,先生。
And did you keep a sharp lookout?
你留心观察了吗?
(西联电报公♥司♥办事处)
Mr. Fleet, with your former employer,
弗利特先生,你的前雇主,
the Oceanic, you were supplied with binoculars
or field glasses, were you not?
在“海洋号♥”上,你们配备了双筒望远镜或野外望远镜,对吗?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
And did you request such from Titanic?
你对“泰坦尼克号♥”,提出这样的要求了吗?
(西联电报发自纽约,发给史密斯参议员)
In Southampton, they said there was none intended for us.
在南安普顿,他们说,没有打算给我们配备。
(“加利福尼亚人号♥”建议召集各船船长来举证,阿莱娜.理查德)
We could have seen it a bit sooner.
我们本可以,早一点儿看到的。
How much sooner?
会提早多少时间?
Well, I have had experience with all manner of ships
嗯,我接触过各种各样的船只,
afloat, sir, from the schooner to the square-rigged
都是航海船,先生,从纵帆船到方帆船,
sailing vessel to the steamship,all manner of ships afloat,sir.
再到蒸汽船,各种各样的海上船只,先生。
Major Peuchen, I fail
蒲艾岑大副,我不明白了,
to see why you were so expansive when you talked to the press
你为什么在接受媒体采访时,那么夸夸其谈,
and so reluctant when you appear before this committee.
而在委员会面前,却那么“三缄尊口”。
Senator Smith, I have told you everything I can.
史密斯议员,我已经把能说的,都告诉你了。
If you care, you can see my records. They're complete.
如果你不嫌麻烦的话,你可以看看我的记录。它们是完整的。
Captain Lord, what was the location of your ship,
the Californian, on the 14th of April last,
洛德船长,你的“加利福尼亚人号♥”在刚过的4月14日,位置在哪里?
the date of the Titanic sinking?
那天正好是“泰坦尼克号♥”沉没的日子。
- At what time? - At 6 o'clock in the morning of that day.
-具体什么时间? - 那天早上6点。
(“加利福尼亚人号♥”船长,斯坦利.P.洛德)
We have not got it down here, sir.
我们没有记下来,先生。
I can give it to you at 9:40 and at noon.
我可以把在9点40分到中午的位置,告诉给你。
Give it to me at 9:40.
把9:40的位置告知我。
42.47.
A little more specifically, please.
请说得,更具体一点。
42 North and 47 West.
北纬42,西经47。
- Are you reading from the log of the Californian?
- The ship's log, yes.
-你是在读“加利福尼亚人号♥”的航海日志吗? -就是这船的航海日志。
What other entries do you have in that log
as to your position on that date?
关于你在那天的位置,你在航海日志中,还记了什么?
At 6:30.
在6点半。
6:30 PM?
下午6点半?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
We had 42 degrees 5 and 49.10,as having passed two large icebergs.
经过两座冰山后,我们的坐标数是,北纬42度5分和西经49度10分。
And what is the next entry?
下一项记录的,是什么?
There is no position given here, sir.
这里没有位置说明,先生。
The next entry is 7:15 PM.
下一项记录,是在下午7点15分。
"Passed one large iceberg and two more in sight to the southward."
“经过了一座冰山,向南又看到了两座。”
And where were you at that time?
那时你的位置在哪里?
There is no position given here, sir.
这里没有位置说明,先生。
Captain Lord, did you attempt to communicate with
the vessel Titanic that Sunday?
洛德船长,那个星期天,你有没有尝试和“泰坦尼克号♥”取得联♥系♥?
Yes, sir.
有的,先生。
- At what time of day? - 10 minutes to 11:00 PM.
- 在那天的什么时间? - 晚上,差10分11点。
And what was that communication?
那是怎么交流的?
We told them we were stopped and surrounded by ice.
我们告诉他们,我们受阻于周围的浮冰。
And did the Titanic respond to that message?
泰坦尼克号♥回应了这个信息吗?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
I believe Titanic told our operator they had read it
我相信,“泰坦尼克号♥”告诉我们的报务员,他们已经读过了,
and to "shut up" or "stand by" or something,that they were busy.
并要求他们“停止发报”或“待命稍后”之类的,他们当时似乎很忙。
That was Titanic's reply.
那怎么会是“泰坦尼克号♥”的回答。
First-class were paying them to send messages back home.
头等舱旅客付钱,让他们给家里,发私人电报。
Instead of heeding an ice warning?
却不听冰情警报?
(约翰.雅各布.阿斯特从海中被捞出)
In the lifeboats,4th Officer Boxhall
在救生艇上,四副博克斯霍尔,
and Quartermaster Hitchins both said they
和轮机长希金斯都说,他们
were rowing towards a light.
是朝着一处亮光,划过去的。
"On those living in the land of the shadow of death,
a light has dawned."
“住在死荫之地的人,有光照耀。”
Matthew 4:16.
《马太福音》第四章第16节。
Sir, I've read articles where passengers
先生,我读过一些文章说,乘客们
also spoke of a light, an actual light, off the horizon.
也提到过一道光,一道真正的光,在地平线之外。
It was the Californian.
它应该是“加利福尼亚人号♥”。
The ice warnings from Captain Stanley Lord
斯坦利·洛德船长发出的冰情警告说,
stated that they, too,were surrounded by ice,
those very same ice fields.
他们也被浮冰包围着,同样是那片浮冰区。
There was a light within 15 miles of those people.
在离那些人15英里的地方,有一道光。
I understand that's the type of story your readers would love to hear.
我知道,你的读者喜欢听这样的故事。
But the negligence aboard one ship did not cause the
sinking of another.
但一艘船上的疏忽,并不是导致另一艘船沉没的原因。
I brought you this.
我给你带来了这个。
(《切尔西信使报》头版标题:
奥林匹克号♥船员拒绝出航,因为救生艇数量不足)
Are you reading from the log of the Californian?
你在读“加利福尼亚人号♥”的航海日志吗?
At the time you boarded what would be your lifeboat,
就在你将要登上救生艇的时候,
did you say anything to the Captain about entering it?
你是否跟船长说过,你要登艇的事吗?
I never saw the Captain.
我从没看见过船长。
Then who, if anyone, told you to enter it?
那是谁,如果有的话,是谁让你进去的?
No one.
没有人。
Why did you?
你为何那样做?
Because there was room.
因为上面已经没位置了。
She was being lowered away.
小艇正在被放下来。
I thought the ship was going down, and I got into the boat.
我以为轮船要沉了,就上了小船。
(《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》头版大标题:参议员史密斯的同僚们,对他的做法很反感,
白星公♥司♥高管将被免责)
Sir Bruce,
布鲁斯爵士,
I don't imagine history will be very kind to you.
我不认为,历史会善待你的。
"I,Harold Godfrey Lowe,
“我,哈罗德·戈弗雷·劳威,
5th Officer of the late steamship,
那艘轮船的五副船员,
Titanic, stated that I fired shots
“泰坦尼克号♥”的,有说是我开了枪,
to prevent Italian immigrants from jumping into my lifeboat.
为了防止意大利移♥民♥,跳上我的救生艇。
I do thereby cancel the word "Italian"
我特此取消‘意大利人’这个词,
and substitute the word immigrants belonging to the Latin races."
代替以‘拉丁种族移♥民♥’一词。”
Major Peuchen, I'm Alaine Ricard.
蒲埃岑大副,我是阿兰·理查德。
I'm curious, sir, as to why you had so little
to say during your testimony.
我很好奇,先生,为什么你在作证时,说的那么少。
Don't worry, sir. I'm with the press.
别担心,先生。我是媒体记者。
- You said your name was? - Alaine Ricard, Chelsea Courier.
-你说你叫什么名字? -阿莱娜.理查德,《切尔西信使报》的。
Ma'am, I think we all know the press will well outlive this inquiry.
女士,我想,我们都知道。媒体会在这次调查之后,继续存在下去的。
That's true, sir.
你说的没错,先生。
电影精选列表