Thank you.
谢谢您。
However,if you want my opinion,there are areas of greater concern.
然而,如果你想听我的意见,还有一些领域,更值得你来关注。
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉。
Have we been introduced?
我们互相认识吗?
Oh, forgive me, I am Duchess Asconti Arese.
哦,恕我冒昧,我是阿斯康蒂·阿雷斯公爵夫人。
Mr. Senator, my concern is with all those women being
参议员先生,我担心的是,那些妇女
let in without their husbands.
在失去丈夫后,活了下来,
What is this law of the sea?
这是什么样的“海洋法则”?
There were notable men on that ship,
worth more than a 100 of those immigrant women.
那艘船上有许多著名的成功男士,比那些移♥民♥妇女的价值,还要高出100倍。
Why, Mr. Astor, for example, are we not enjoying
his illustrious accommodations?
比如,全美首富阿斯特先生,我们怎么能不喜欢他那豪华的住所呢?
Hmm?
嗯?
Senator, we all know these people, how they arrive here
参议员先生,我们都知道这些人,知道她们是如何
in America, unable to speak the language,illiterate as they are.
来到美国的,她们不会说英语,是文盲。
To ask some of the fine men on that boat to stand back while
those people are saved,I think it's criminal.
在那些人得救的时候,却让船上的一些好人靠边站,我觉得这是在犯罪。
What good will they be, a burden to the state is all.
她们有什么用,无非是国家的累赘。
But who am I to say?
但我有什么资格,说这些呢?
Who, indeed.
确实,没人有。
Good day, ladies.
再见,女士们。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
I've had enough opinions for the day.
我今天遇见的观点,已经够多了。
Sir, it's about your meeting with Mr. Ismay.
先生,是关于你和伊斯梅先生会面的事。
Media coverage is to be expected.
媒体的报道,是意料之中的。
Aboard the Carpathia.
在卡帕西亚号♥上发生的事。
Why would Ismay want this in the paper?
为什么伊斯梅会想让这事,登上报纸呢?
I can't imagine.
我想象不出来。
This man, find him.
去找出这个男人来。
(理查德.艾伦)
Excuse me.
对不起。
- Oh, watch your step. - Let me get that for you.
-哦,小心点儿。 -我来帮你拿。
So sorry.
太对不起了。
Musn't fall behind ma'am.
绝不能落在女士后面。
(德雷克塞尔公♥司♥)
(J.P.摩根置业)
Give my regards to Mr. Morgan.
把我的问候,转达给摩根先生。
(古列尔莫·马可尼,无线电报的发明者)
(小哈罗德·S·布莱德,泰坦尼克号♥无线电报务员)
Harold S. Bride.
哈罗德·S·布莱德。
Mr. Phillips, the chief radio operator, did not survive.
首席无线电报务员菲利普斯,没能幸免于难。
Mr. Bride, as the single surviving radio operator
布莱德先生,作为泰坦尼克号♥上唯一
of the Titanic, were you aware of any White Star officers
aboard the ship?
幸存的无线电操作员,你知道船上有白星公♥司♥高管人员吗?
The Titanic was commanded by White Star officers.
泰坦尼克号♥由白星公♥司♥的高管人员指挥的。
I understand.
我明白了。
But were you aware of any general officers?
但你知道,有没有任何主管官员?
Any what, sir?
任何什么?先生?
Any general officers of the White Star Line?
任何白星航运的主管官员?
We had heard Mr. Ismay was on board.
我们听说,伊斯梅先生也在船上。
But beyond that, I do not know anything.
但除此之外,我什么都不知道。
You knew of this man?
你知道这个人吗?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
Did you see him aboard the Titanic?
你在泰坦尼克号♥上见过他吗?
I do not think I did, sir.
我想我没见到,先生。
Did he send or receive any messages through you during the voyage?
他在航行中,有没有通过你,发送或接收任何无线电♥信♥息吗?
I believe there were messages delivered from Mr. Ismay, sir.
我相信是伊斯梅先生送来的讯息,先生。
Official messages?
官方的讯息?
They would have ranked with us as official messages.
它们在我们看来,被视为官方讯息。
Did they have to do with the direction or speed of the ship?
它们与这条船的航向,或船速有关吗?
Coming around from Belfast,
从贝尔法斯特发回的讯息中,
there were messages delivered to Mr. Ismay regarding
the speed of the ship.
有些发给伊斯梅先生的讯息中,让他留意船速。
To whom were they sent, do you remember?
这些讯息被送到了谁那里,你还记得吗?
The White Star offices at Liverpool and Southampton.
白星航运公♥司♥在利物浦和南安普顿的办事处。
And do you know what they said?
你知道,他们是怎么说的吗?
That the trials of the speed of the ship were very favorable.
在这艘船上进行航速测试,是非常有利的。
Were there any other messages for Mr. Ismay during that time?
那段时间,还有其它讯息给伊斯梅先生吗?
I could not tell you.
我不能告诉你。
We had too many to remember them all.
太多了,我们记不住。
If you received a message for the managing
director of the company, one might
如果你收到公♥司♥总经理的信息,人们可能会认为
think you would remember it.
你应该会记得它。
Do you recall whether the captain of the ship
received any messages on Saturday or Sunday
你是否记得,船长在周六或周日是否收到过
from any White Star official, regarding
the movement, direction,or speed of the ship?
白星官员关于船只移♥动♥、航向或船速的任何信息?
No,sir, he did not.
不,先生,他没有收到。
And how do you know he did not?
你怎么知道,他没有收到?
Because I should have delivered it.
因为,如果收到,我应该送过去的。
I saw the Captain's messages.
我当时看到了给船长的讯息。
I was delivering them for my superior,the late Mr. Phillips.
我是要给我的上司,已故的菲利普斯先生送去的。
But you were not on duty the entire time during those two days,
were you?
但那两天,你并没有一直值班,对吗?
No, sir.
是的,先生。
So you cannot say with any certainty that such
a message was not received.
所以,你不能肯定地说,没有收到这样的讯息。
Mr. Bride, were you on duty when a message
布莱德先生,你当时在值班吗?
was received from the America warning about the proximity of icebergs?
就是收到“美国人号♥”发来的,关于附近有冰山的时候?
No, sir.
没有,先生。
And did you talk to the Captain about any messages similar in nature?
你和船长谈过,类似内容性质的信息吗?
There was a message delivered to the Captain in the afternoon,
sir, late in the afternoon.
那天下午,有发给船长的一条讯息,先生,那是在下午晚些时候。
- Sunday, April 14th? - Yes, sir.
- 那是四月14日,星期天? -是的,先生。
Regarding an ice field?
谈到了浮冰区域?
From whom, Mr. Bride?
是谁发来的,布莱德先生?
From the Californian, sir.
是“加利福尼亚人”号♥,先生。
I would like to know just what that message said.
我想知道,那条信息到底说了些什么。
The Californian called me with an ice report.
“加利福尼亚人号♥”向我们通报了浮冰的情况。
I was rather busy, just for the minute, and I didn't take it.
我当时很忙,就那一分钟,而我就没有收到。
She then transmitted the ice report to the Baltic,and I took it down.
然后她把浮冰情况报告传给了“波罗的海号♥”,我把它记录了下来。
So unable to reach your ship,they attempted the Baltic.
既然没有传达给你们船,他们把报告发给了“波罗的海号♥”。
It was about half an hour after that.
大约过了半个小时。
They transmitted--
他们转发了...
Why were they unable to reach you?
为什么他们没有发到你的手里?
I was doing some writing at the time, sir, the accounts of the day.
我当时正在写些东西,先生,当天的记录。
And the earphones did not remain on your head at the time?
那时候,耳机没有一直戴在你的头上吗?
No, sir.
没戴,先生。
So you continue your work on the accounts,if I understand you correctly.
如果我没理解错的话,你就继续你的“账单记录”工作吧。
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
And do not respond to the Californian's call
for 30 minutes approximately.
在大约30分钟内,没有回应“加利福尼亚人号♥”的呼叫。
It would have been somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes.
大概在20到30分钟之间。
I cannot say definitely.
我说不准。
Please tell us the exact language of that message.
请告诉我们那条信息的确切语言。
It stated the Californian had passed three large icebergs
and gave their latitude and longitude.
它说“加利福尼亚人号♥”经过了三座大冰山,并给出了它们的经纬度。
They had passed three large icebergs.
他们经过了三座大冰山。
And did the Captain ultimately receive this message?
船长最终收到这条信息了吗?
Yes, sir.
收到了,先生。
And at no time did the Captain go overboard before when the ship sank?
在船沉没之前,船长肯定没有时间,采取更多的补救措施了?
No, sir.
没有了,先生。
He went down with the ship?
他与船一同沉没了?
Practically speaking, yes, sir.
实际上,是的,先生。
Mr.Bride, let's discuss your communication with another ship,
the SS Frankfurt.
布莱德先生,我们来谈谈你和另一艘船“法兰克福号♥”的通讯。
Do you know whether her radio operator spoke the English language?
你知道,她的报务员是否也说英语吗?
There was no necessity that he should understand
the English language, sir.
他没有必要懂英语,先生。
CQD is an international call.
遇难求救(CQD) 是国际通用呼叫。
And CQD means the same
in German and French and the English language?
CQD在德语,法语和英语中的意思,是一样的吗?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
And is the international code signal of distress.
是国际求救信♥号♥♥。
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
It is recognizable by all ship operators.
所有船舶经营人,都能识别。
Mr.Bride, I want this report to be as complete as possible.
布莱德先生,我希望这份报告尽可能完整。
So I need to know why, having received
a message from the Frankfurt,saying, "What is the matter?"
我需要知道,为什么我收到了来自法兰克福号♥的信息,问道“怎么了?”
You did not respond,"We are sinking."
你没有回答“我们在下沉。”
You see--
你要知道...
电影精选列表