(内容源自真实证言)
(泰坦尼克将来美国)
(白星航运举办庆典,在泰坦尼克抵达纽约港时,
敬请诸位登船光临。)
William, it's awfully late.
威廉,时间太晚了。
(在我看来,今天的世界,是在1912年4月15日醒来的。)
—杰克·B·塞耶,泰坦尼克号♥幸存者)
(1912年4月15日)
Women and children first.
女士与儿童优先。
At this time, we require only women and children.
此时,我们需要的只是妇女和儿童。
(“泰坦尼克号♥”发给任何船只的电文,遇难求救,
遇难求救,泰坦尼克号♥位于北纬41.44度,西经50.24度
请速来救援)
Secure your lifebelts we're boarding now.
系好救生圈,我们现在要登救生艇了。
Come on.
快来。
You can do it.
你能行的。
Keep going.
继续游。
Come on.
快上来。
Tell Titanic,we're making toward her.
告诉泰坦尼克号♥,我们正朝她驶去。
So cold.
太冷了。
You'll be okay miss.
你会没事的,小姐。
Good morning, sir.
早上好,先生。
(华盛顿特区,联邦国会大楼)
Miss Malloy.
马洛伊小姐。
(华盛顿特区,联邦国会大楼)
How bad is it?
情况有多遭?
It says here they're towing her to Halifax.
报纸上说,他们要把她拖到哈利法克斯港。
Uh, Naval intelligence reports of a private transmission
from the White Star Line.
海军情报部门报告了白星航运公♥司♥的私人通讯。
She hit an ice field in the North Atlantic and sank within hours.
她撞上了北大西洋的冰山,几小时后,就沉没了。
Survivors?
幸存者呢?
It's believed to be less than a third.
据信,这一比例,还不到三分之一。
There were over 2,000 on board.
船上有2000多人。
Cancel your trip to New York, sir?
取消去纽约的行程吗? 先生?
No.
不。
We'll prepare a resolution authorizing an investigation,
我们将准备一份,申请授权进行调查的决议,
and I will recommend myself as the chairman of the subcommittee.
我将自荐为,小组委员会主席。
I'll accompany you to New York.
我要陪你去纽约。
You'll require my assistance.
你需要我的帮助。
Are you traveling with anybody else?
你和其他人一起旅行吗?
Miss Malloy is bringing the paperwork.
马洛伊小姐要提供文书工作。
Are you sure that's appropriate for the future president?
你觉得这样做,对“有希望当总统”的人,合适吗?
Does it bother you?
是不是惹恼你了?
Of course, not.
当然没有。
People will talk.
会有闲言碎语的。
Let them.
随便他们吧。
When can I expect you to return?
我能估计你,什么时候能回来?
I have no idea, my dear.
我不知道,亲爱的。
The only thing I know for sure is that
people need to know what happened.
我唯一确定的是,人们需要知道,到底发生了什么。
The ship hit an iceberg.
那艘船,撞上了冰山。
Oh, I shudder to think what those poor souls went through.
我一想到那些可怜的人,所经历的一切,就不寒而栗。
But, surely, it was an act of God.
但可以肯定的是,这算得上是天灾了。
In my experience, there are very few acts of God.
根据我的经验,很少有“天灾”。
This is the man I wish to speak to.
这就是我要找的人。
(纽约市 拘监收♥容♥所♥)
Sheriff?
是治安官吗?
Miss Malloy, meet Joe Bayliss,Sheriff of Chippewa County.
马洛伊小姐,这位是乔·贝利斯,奇佩瓦县的治安官。
Would that be upstate?
那是在纽约州北部吗?
No, ma'am.
不,女士。
Oh.
哦。
(该县位于参议员家乡密歇根州,治安官是被派来协助参议员调查的。)
Edith.
伊迪丝。
It's been almost a week since I gave you that story.
我给你的那篇报道,已经快一周了。
And you come in here,smelling like a chamber pot,expecting payment.
你来到这里,浑身闻起来像夜壶,期待着报酬。
I have it.I have the story.
我有故事了。我写出了报道。
It's stale. It's worthless.
过时的报道。没有用的。
What do you want from me, Alaine?
你想从我这里得到什么,阿莱娜?
You said $1 and a quarter.
你当时说的是,1美元25美分。
I'll give you 90-cents for the hooker story, but that's it.
我给你90美分,买♥♥那个妓♥女♥的故事,但仅此而已。
I can't even use it.
我甚至不会用它。
(泰坦尼克幸存者今晚到来)
What's this?
这是什么?
This is the ship that sank with a bunch of rich people that died?
这就是那艘,载着一群富人沉没的船吗?
Most of them were poor immigrants.
他们大多是贫穷的移♥民♥。
- What's the angle? - I don't know, Alaine.
-有“新闻点”吗? -我不知道,阿莱娜。
Why don't you find it?
你为什么不去调查这事?
And write it in my name?
署我的名字?
This isn't the time.
现在,还不是时候。
(卡帕西亚号♥)
No, no,no, no, no, officer.
不,不,不,警官。
That's Senator Smith in this motor vehicle,
so you're the one who's going to have to back off.
这辆车里坐的是史密斯参议员,所以,你得靠边站了。
We have to park here. Off you go.Thank you.
我们必须把车停在这里。你走吧。谢谢你。
Now, please, tell me we have the President's blessing.
现在,请告诉我,我们得到了总统的祝福。
Of course, we do.
我们当然得到了。
Mr. Taft even sent gunboats to escort the rescue ship.
塔夫脱甚至派了炮艇,护送这艘救援船。
Titanic's Chairman Mr. Ismay sent messages asking for a ship
泰坦尼克号♥的主席伊斯梅发出消息,要求一艘船
to return the officers and crew to Europe.
将船上的官员和船员,送回欧洲。
I don't think they had plans of even stepping ashore
in America, not even the docks.
我觉得,他们根本就没打算登陆美国,甚至连码头都不想停靠。
You, sir, sir, sir, I'm looking for a list. A list.
你,先生,先生,我在找一份名单。一份列表。
Mister Moss ...
莫斯先生 ...
Samuel Moss. Can you help me?
塞缪尔·莫斯。你能帮我吗?
Excuse me, excuse me.
对不起,对不起。
...have to come through Ellis Island.
...必须经过埃利斯岛。
No, sir.
不,先生。
I need to pass through.
我需要通过。
No, no, not till everyone's ashore.
不,不行,等所有人都上岸了,再说吧。
Ah! Oh!
啊!哦!
- Watch your step. - Let me get that for you.
-小心点儿。 -让我来帮你拿吧。
So sorry! Musn't fall behind, ma'am.
太对不起了!绝不能落在女士的后面。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
OK.
好吧。
Mr. Bruce Ismay?
布鲁斯.伊思梅先生?
For business with the White Star Line,speak to my agent, Mr. Franklin.
关于白星航运公♥司♥的业务,请找我的经纪人,富兰克林先生。
(信封上印的是:美♥利♥坚♥合众国联邦国会)
What's this all about?
这是怎么回事?
Mr.Ismay, you've just been served with a subpoena.
伊斯梅先生,你刚刚收到了传票。
You're required to appear before a special subcommittee
of the United States Senate.
你必须出席美国参议院的一个,特别小组委员会。
No, sir, I'm not.I'm a British citizen.
不,先生,我不去。我是一名英国公民。
And I am William Alden Smith, a United States senator,
chairman of the committee
我是威廉·奥尔登·史密斯,联邦参议员,调查委员会主席,
investigating the cause of one of the greatest
maritime disasters in history.
该委员会负责调查,这桩历史上最严重的海难之一的原因。
The Titanic. Your ship, sir.
泰坦尼克号♥。你的船,先生。
I must say, you move very fast, senator.
我得说,你们动作真快,参议员先生。
Very well, you have my cooperation.
很好,我会配合你的。
I'll speak with you at my very first opportunity.
我一有机会,就会跟你们,好好谈谈的。
10:00 tomorrow morning,
the East Room at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
明天早上十点,在华尔道夫酒店东厅见面。
I'm sorry, Senator. That's really not possible.
对不起,参议员先生。这是不可能的。
Mr. Ismay,I have in my possession copies of your
wireless telegrams sent from this very ship.
伊斯梅先生,我手上有你从这艘船上发出的无线电报的副本。
It seems you were in a rush to return your crew to Europe.
看来,你急着把你的船员们,送回欧洲。
Excuse me?
说什么?
"Titanic crew aboard Carpathia
should be returned home earliest moment possible.Stop."
“卡帕西亚号♥上的,原泰坦尼克号♥船员,应尽快返回。句号♥。”
"Suggest holding Cedric.Sailing daylight Friday.Returning in"--
“建议留下塞德里克号♥船。以供他们星期五返航。返回...”
I've done nothing illegal.
我没有做任何违法的事。
I think it most unwise to keep titanic crew until Saturday
strongly urge sailing-
我认为,把泰坦尼克号♥船员留到星期六,是最不明智的,强烈要求启航...
I have every right to leave this country.
我完全有权,离开这个国家。
very important to hold Cedric for Titanic.
...为了泰坦尼克号♥,乘坐“塞德里克号♥”返航,是非常重要的。
Enough!
够了!
Mr. Ismay, you and your crew will remain here
until my inquiry is complete.
伊斯梅先生,你和你的船员留在纽约,直到我完成调查。
And you will give the American people an accounting of your actions.
你将对你的行为,向美国人♥民♥做个交代。
I shall be contacting the British ambassador.
我会联♥系♥英国大使的。
You are welcome to contact anyone you wish,
欢迎您与任何人联♥系♥,
once you have stepped ashore and placed
yourself and your crew at my disposal.
只要你上岸,就得把你本人,和你的船员,交给我处置。
I will not be treated like a child.
我不想,被当成孩子对待。
Perhaps if you were,your seat on the lifeboat
would have been more appropriate.
电影精选列表