"And our passengers and our crew are in danger."
“我们的乘客和船员,都处于危险之中。”
You see, it takes a certain amount of time
to transmit all that information, sir.
你要知道,传送所有的信息需要一定的时间,先生。
If he had understood properly, as he ought to have,
如果他正确地理解了,他应该理解的,
CQD would have been sufficient, sir.
CQD就足够了,先生。
That does not seem to have moved him.
这似乎,并没有让他明白。
Well, he did not know his business.
嗯,他不懂他的业务。
That is a rather hollow point considering how things turned out.
考虑到事情的结果,这是一个相当“空泛”的观点。
2nd Officer Lightoller, during the voyage of the Titanic,
二副莱托勒先生,在泰坦尼克号♥航行期间,
were there any tests taken of the temperature of the water?
有没有对海水的温度做过测试?
(泰坦尼克二副,查尔斯.H.莱托勒)
Tests are taken every two hours,
from the time the ship leaves until she returns to port.
从船离开到返回港口,每两小时进行一次测试。
(泰坦尼克二副,查尔斯.H.莱托勒)
- And do you know whether these tests were made? -They were.
- 你知道,这些测试是否做过吗? -做了。
- Did you make them? - Oh, no, sir.
-是你让他们做的? - 哦,不,先生。
- Were they made under your direction? -No, sir.
- 它们是在你的指导下做的吗? - 不,先生。
Then how do you know they were made?
那你是怎么知道,他们做了?
It's the routine of the ship, sir.
这是船上的例行公事,先生。
- So you assumed they were made. - Yes, sir.
-所以,你估计他们是做了的。 - 是的,先生。
But you cannot, of your own knowledge, say that they were.
但就你自己所知,你不能说他们是做了。
Not of my own actual seeing, no, sir.
不是我亲眼所见,先生。
And these tests are taken to ascertain the proximity of icebergs?
这些测试,是为了确定船处在冰山附近吗?
No, sir.
不,先生。
So for what purpose were the tests made?
那么这些测试的目的是什么呢?
It's the routine of the ship.
这是船上的例行公事。
It's customary in the White Star Line to do so every two hours.
按照白星航运公♥司♥的惯例,每两小时进行一次检查海水温度。
And the information was not communicated to you directly
after each test?
并且这些信息,在每次测试后,都没有直接传达给你?
Not unless I ask for it.
除非我要求,否则不会。
- And you didn't think it necessary to ask for it that night?
- No, sir.
-你不觉得,那晚有必要过问这件事吗? -不觉得,先生。
You knew you were in the vicinity of icebergs, did you not?
你知道你在冰山附近,不是吗?
Well, a temperature is absolutely no guide to icebergs, sir.
嗯,温度绝对不是冰山的向导,先生。
I did not ask you that, Mr. Lightoller.
我可没问你这个,莱托勒先生。
- Did you know you were in the vicinity of icebergs? - No, sir.
- 你知道,你们在冰山附近吗? - 不知道,先生。
Did you know of a wireless message from the SS America
你知道,“美国人号♥”向“泰坦尼克号♥”发出的无线信♥号♥♥,
to Titanic warning you that you were in the vicinity of icebergs?
是在警告你们,你们在冰山附近吗?
Whether I knew it or not, I was in no position to alter our course, sir.
不管我知道与否,我不能改变我们的航向,先生。
Mr. Lightoller, you must have been painfully aware
of the fact that there were not enough
莱托勒先生,你一定痛苦地意识到没有足够的
lifeboats to care for that large of a passenger list,were you not?
救生艇,来容纳这么多乘客,对吗?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
And from what you've said,you discriminated entirely
in the interest of the passengers,
从你所说的来看,你完全是为了乘客的利益,而区别对待,
first the women and children,in filling those lifeboats.
首先是妇女和儿童,让他们先坐上救生艇。
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
Why did you do that?
你为什么要这么做?
Captain's orders or the rule of the sea?
船长的命令,还是“海上法则”?
Rule of human nature.
人性的法则。
And there was no studied purpose,
as far as you know, to save the crew?
据你所知,你们有没有研究过,拯救你们船员自己吗?
Absolutely not.
绝对没有。
And did you witness the attempt to get women to enter
the lifeboats who would not go?
你有没有看到过,有人试图让那些不想上救生艇的妇女,登上救生艇?
Yes, sir.
有的,先生。
They were asking their husbands to join them.
她们要求让她们的丈夫,加入她们。
They all did.
她们都是这样的。
No!
不!
-Stop it! -There's no room!
-住手! -这里没地儿了!
We can't.
我们没办法。
It'll overturn the boat.
这样,小艇会翻的。
Why are you leaving us?
你为什么要离开我们?
Looked like that when I found her.
我发现她时,她就这付样子了。
Who is this?
这位是何人?
Richard Allen.
理查德.艾伦。
Alaine Ricard, Senator.
阿莱娜.理查德,参议员先生。
Pleased to meet you.
终于见到你了。
Would you see to it that the witnesses
are made aware the inquiry is moving to Washington?
你能保证通知证人们,调查将转移到华盛顿进行吗?
No one goes home.
没人能回家了。
So, Alaine Richard, Richard Allen, whoever you are,
那么,阿莱娜·理查德,理查德·艾伦,不管你是谁,
I believe you know my assistant, Miss Malloy.
我相信,你认识我的助手,马洛伊小姐。
I don't think we've been formally introduced.
我想,我们还没有正式介绍过。
My question is,what do you hope to accomplish
with this type of journalism.
我的问题是,你希望通过这种类型的新闻,来实现什么?
I don't follow.
我不跟风。
Does selling newspapers outweigh morality?
报纸销量,比品行更重要吗?
Based on your appearance,
it is clear there are others who take exception.
从你的外表来看,很明显,还有其他人不同意你这样做的。
Were those not your words, sir?
这不是你说的吗,先生?
That was a private conversation.
那是私人谈话。
When you were reciting Mr. Ismay's private telegrams?
当你在背诵伊斯梅先生的私人电报时?
Listen carefully.
请听好了。
Everything that I did was perfectly legal.
我所做的一切,都是完全合法的。
I stand--
我站在...
Good evening, Senator Smith.
晚上好,史密斯参议员。
Do you mind if I sit?
介意让我坐下吗?
Allow me to introduce myself.
请允许我,自我介绍一下。
I'm Lucille, the Countess of Rothes.
我是露西尔,罗西斯伯爵夫人。
Good evening, Countess.
晚上好,伯爵夫人。
It's a pleasure to see you again, Miss Malloy.
很高兴再次见到你,马洛伊小姐。
And who is this rather battered young woman?
这个被打得鼻青脸肿的年轻女人是谁?
I'm Alaine Ricard, journalist.
我是阿莱娜.理查德,记者。
Nice to meet you, ma'am.
很高兴见到你,夫人。
It's nice to meet you, Miss Ricard.
很高兴见到你,理查德小姐。
Senator Smith,
I understand you received a visit from the Duchess of Delitta...
史密斯议员,我听说,你接待了德丽塔公爵夫人的拜访…
What an awful woman.
多么糟糕的一个女人啊。
We had trouble enough
without her ideas as to the value of immigrants.
没有她对移♥民♥价值的看法,我们已经够麻烦的了。
Indeed.
确实。
From what I hear,
the emigres aren't the only ones being given a hard time.
据我所知,并不是只有这些移♥民♥处境艰难。
Madame, we're just searching for the truth.
夫人,我们只是在寻找真♥相♥。
If this had been an act of God, then it would simply
have been a great tragedy.
如果这是上帝的旨意,那这简直就是一场巨大的悲剧。
But it was not an act of God.
但这不是上帝的旨意。
I do understand, Senator.
我非常明白,参议员先生。
But for those of us aboard the ship, there is only one truth.
但对我们这些船上的人来说,真♥相♥只有一个。
We had 10 minutes,sir, 10 minutes.
我们只有十分钟,先生,十分钟。
Women and children first.
妇女与孩童优先。
At this time, we require only women and children.
此时,我们只需要妇女和儿童。
Man your stations.
全员就位。
Where will we go? Why are we being separated?
我们要去哪儿? 为什么我们要分开?
I won't leave without my family.
没有家人,我是不会离开的。
Ma'am, please remain calm.
女士,请保持冷静。
If you're to stay on the boat, you must behave in an orderly manner.
如果你要留在救生艇上,你就必须举止得体。
This boat is for the women.
这艘小艇是给妇女用的。
The men have their own boat.
男人们有他们自己的救生艇。
To your lifeboat.
你们快登上救生艇。
We're boarding now.
我们现在就登艇。
Mummy, why are we leaving?
妈妈,我们为什么要走?
Why is father not coming with us?
爸爸为什么不和我们一起去?
Remain calm.
保持安静。
I won't need this anymore,my dear.
我不需要这个了,亲爱的。
I've spent my whole life with that man.
我和那个男人共度了一生。
I am not going to change now.
我现在也不打算改变了。
Mrs. Straus,please, remain seated.
斯特劳斯夫人,请坐在原位。
We'll be lowering shortly.
我们马上就要降落了。
Where you go, I go.
你去哪里,我就去哪里。
The older couple, do you know their names?
那对老夫妇,你知道他们的名字吗?
Straus, Ida and Isidor Straus.
施特劳斯,艾达和伊西多尔·施特劳斯。
I believe they have a department store here in New York.
我相信,他们在纽约有一家百货商店。
Macy's,34th and Broadway.
梅西百货,百老汇大街34号♥。
Those are only a few of the stories, Senator.
这只是其中的几个故事,参议员先生。
It matters less as to who or what was at fault.
是谁犯的,或是犯的什么错误,都不重要了。
The crew was valiant.
船员们都很勇敢。
Many more would have been lost if it weren't for their selflessness.
电影精选列表