瓦里克基金会晚宴,我们约好的?
The Wahlic Foundation, for dinner,we had a date?
是啊,我是忘了
Yeah, I did.
我的下一步准备研究智力转移
The next logical step for me was transfer.
我关于智力转移的原创论文非常简洁
My original thesis of transferring intelligence was quite simple.
而且应用广泛
The implications are obvious,
帮助那些有学习障碍的脑力受损者学习
helping the mentally impaired or those with learning disabilities.
当然,我们不奢求爱因斯坦级别的智力
Of course, who wouldn't want a piece of Einstein's brain power.
目前我已经成功实现了神经传导电流的转移
To date I've made successful transfers of neuroelectrical impulses.
当然,像入侵鼠验实的大脑这种能力是不可能的
Of course, it's impossible
to get into the mind of rab lats.
我是说,实验鼠
I mean, lab rats.
当时我的发现表明,它会对记忆做出响应
But my findings show that they respond to the memory
尤其是那种记忆犹新的事情
of certain incidents more than others.
对我们来说,诸如
To us these would be things like
你的第一次约会啊,初吻啊,第一次出车祸啊等等
your first date, your first kiss,or your first car wreck.
我们人生中碰到的事情和创伤如此强力
Events or traumas in our lives that are so powerful
是无法忘怀的
they are unforgettable.
失陪一下
Excuse me.
您喝什么?
What are you having?
波本威士忌
A Maker's Mark.
- 波本威士忌和农夫山泉,谢谢
- 加冰
- Maker's Mark and a mineral water, please.
- On ice.
我很久没有回忆过我第一次约会的情景了
I hadn't thought about my first date in years.
- 什么?
- 您的演讲
- Sorry?
- Your speech.
第一次约会,第一次亲吻
First date, first kiss.
您认真听了,我还以为我是催眠大♥师♥呢
You were listening.I thought I put the room to sleep.
不是你的错,这种场合大家都很能喝
It wasn't you. I think people tend to drink more than usual at these kinds of dinners.
他们希望花出去的钱有回报,谢谢
They want to get their money's worth.
Thank you.
你呢?
And you?
我对你的研究很感兴趣
I'm actually very interested in your work.
- 真的吗?
- 是的
- Really?
- Yeah.
很荣幸有机会认识你,我叫大卫
I'm glad I got a chance to meet you.My name's David.
玛莎,你是神经科学家吗?
Martha. You're a neuroscientist?
不,我读书的时候是半个微生物学家
No, I was a closet microbiologist in school.
- 那么你真的实现了记忆转移?
- 对于小白鼠来说,是的
- So you've really transferred memory?
- In lab rats, yes.
- 真的吗?怎么办到的?
- 打扰一下
- Really? How?
- Excuse me.
他们准备去卡特家再喝点夜场,你准备好了吗?
They're going over to Cutter's for a nightcap. Are you ready?
- 是的,我会和你一起去的
- 行
- Yeah, I'll be right with you.
- Okay.
不好意思
I'm sorry.
我该走了
I've gotta go.
我想更深入地了解你的研究,可以给你打电♥话♥吗?
I'd love to know more about your work.Can I call you?
当然,如果你愿意的话
Sure, if you want.
或者可以光临我们的大学,我每天都在那
Or you can stop by the university.I'm there every day.
- 那敢情好,明天如何?
- 明天?
- Great. How about tomorrow?
- Tomorrow?
可以,明早我有空
Yeah,in the morning I'm free.
- 那9点如何?
- 再好不过
- 9:00 a.m.?
- That's great.
太好了,谢谢你
Great. Thanks a lot.
我急切盼望和你交流,晚安
I look forward to talking with you.Good night.
他怎么样?
What's he like?
- 他只是,对我的工作感兴趣
- 哦是吗?
- He's just interested in the work.
- Sure he is.
这是他自己说的
That's what he said.
- 你知道这个人是谁,是不?
- 不,我从没见过他
- You know who it is, don't you?
- No, I've never seen him before.
那是克莱恩医生,“杀妻验尸官”
It's Dr. Krane. The medical examiner who murdered his wife.
但警♥察♥没有他砸破他老婆脑袋的确凿证据
They all but caught that guy crushing her skull in.
不然他早就被枪毙了
If the police hadn't botched the case,he'd be on death row by now.
他看上去像个好人
He seemed like a nice guy.
我也相信,但如果你要跟他约会,记得戴顶安全帽
I'm sure he is. But if you go out with him,make sure you wear a crash helmet.
“医学专家涉嫌杀妻”
(曾酒后暴♥力♥虐妻)
“证据不足,法庭判无罪释放”
“检控官表示震惊”
“克莱恩在首轮监护权辩论中落败”
早上好
Good morning.
嗨,克莱恩医生
Hi, Dr. Krane.
- 你来得真早
- You're early.
- 我屌♥痒难耐
- I couldn't wait.
你还有时间吗?
Do you still have time?
当然
Sure.
- 需要帮忙吗?
- Do you need a hand?
- 不用
- No.
也许我给你演示一下的话,你会更容易懂
Maybe it's easier if I just show you.
妙极
Great.
早上好,塞尔达时之笛
Good morning, Zelda.
准备好了吗?
Ready?
动物权利保护会的那帮人知道这事吗?
Animal rights people know about you?
克莱恩医生,你也该知道神经肽可调节。。。
As you know, Dr. Krane,neuropeptides mediate...
叫我大卫吧
David.
神经肽可以调节记忆存储,并恢复大脑记忆
Neuropeptides mediate memory storage and retrieval in the brain.
理论上一个人的思想和记忆都在他的脑脊液里
In theory a person's thought and memory is contained in his cerebral spinal fluid.
- 就是CSF吧
- 对
- The CSF.
- Right.
但如果你注射CSF,你什么感觉也没有,为什么?
But if you injected CSF,you wouldn't see a thing. Why?
因为没有引发剂,要有引物才行
Because there's no starter,there's no primer.
我开始考虑神经活性药物,比如去甲肾上腺素和肾上腺素
I started thinking about neuroactive drugs,like norepinephrine and adrenaline.
他们可以在记忆恢复过程中提高大脑的敏感度
They'd increase the brain's sensitivity during memory retrieval.
很对
Very good.
因此,你需要引物
Hence, your starter.
是的
Exactly.
就是这个,我的转移配方
This is it. My transfer formula.
集♥合♥了去甲肾上腺素,氨基丁酸抑制剂,
It's a combination of norepinephrine,a GABA inhibitor
还有一些其他的化合物
and a few other things.
注射后,大脑会体验注入的这些记忆
When injected, the brain experiences these new memory impulses
仿佛是发生在自己身上的事情一样
as if they were its own.
为了引发这些,大脑需要一个外界的刺♥激♥
For these impulses to be triggered,the brain requires an outside stimulant,
譬如色声香味触法,与他人记忆相近的刺♥激♥
such as a sight, sound, or smell that's familiar to the other brain's memory.
这只老鼠不会走迷宫,你刚刚也看到了
This rat isn't familiar with the maze,as you just saw.
这是从一个会走迷宫的老鼠身上提取的CSF
This is CSF from a rat who knows the maze.
将CSF注入这只老鼠,它就会完美地通过迷宫了
By injecting this CSF into this rat, he should be able to run the maze perfectly.
- 而猫是...
- 是外界刺♥激♥
- And the cat is...
- The outside stimulant.
可以让记忆更生动
It's there to make the memory more vivid.
很好
Yes.
成功率80%
It has an 80% success rate.
- 什么时候开始人体实验?
- 尚需时日
- When do you start human trials?
- That's a long way off.
为何?
Why?
会引起一些并发症
There are a few complications,
更别提需要七年的论文报告了
not to mention about seven years' worth of paperwork.
什么并发症?
What kind of complications?
就像甲状腺激素刺♥激♥心脏
Like the norepinephrine stimulates the heart.
心跳和血压都上升了
Heart rate and blood pressure of all the rats increased.
- 不幸的是,他们之中30%的人
- 患有心脏病
- Unfortunately, 30% of them...
- Had heart attacks.
不能减少剂量
Can't reduce the dosage.
任何能抑制副作用的东西都会抑制记忆的恢复
Anything that would inhibit the side effects would also inhibit the memory retrieval.
服用硝酸甘油怎么样?
What about taking nitroglycerine?
也许能解决短期问题
It might solve the short-term problems,
但是仍然存在对心脏长♥期♥危害的风险
but you'd still run the risk of long-term damage to the heart.
脑脊液检查是尸检的必经程序
CSF is routinely taken in all autopsies.
我知道
I know.
每个法医病理学家至少有一两个不能解决的病例
Every forensic pathologist has at least one or two cases that can't be solved.
十分钟后我还有一堂课
I have a class in 10 minutes.
本人我很乐意进行临床
I'd be willing to try it.
不好意思
电影精选列表