只有活着的人才需要拥有东西
Only the living need to possess things.
活着的人需要食物 水 住所
The living need food, water, shelter,
衣服 家庭 金钱 土地
clothes, family, money, land.
但是死者 死者已经得到照顾了
But the dead, the dead have already been tended to.
一旦他们被埋进地里
Once they're put in the ground,
他们就拥有了需要的一切
they have all they need.
他们并不自私
They're not selfish.
我喜欢死人
I like the dead.
圣罗莎
我不喜欢这样 有警长
I don't like this. There's a sheriff.
不 警长在丹佛 还有两天
No, sheriff's in Denver. Two days away.
我们切断了进城的电报线路
We cut the telegraph lines coming into town,
这意味着警长得到我们的消息
which means it'll be upwards of four days
并采取行动之前
before any sheriff can get the news that we're here and do anything about it.
有起码四天以上的时间
那间办公室是他们关押坏人的地方
That office is where they keep the bad folks
直到警♥察♥来接他们
until the lawmen can come pick 'em up.
尽管如此 像这样骑马进城感觉很暴露
Still, feeling mighty exposed riding into town like this.
你需要质疑我的每一个决定吗
You need to question my every call?
现在 我需要你们在镇子边缘设立守卫
Now, I need you boys to set a guard at the edge of town.
如果有人进来 就告诉我
Anyone rides in, you let me know.
每隔几个小时轮换一次 你们看起来糟透了
And rotate every couple hours. Y'all look like dog shit.
我需要你们在布里格斯来时休息好了
I need you rested when Briggs gets here, or you're no use to me. Understand?
否则你们对我毫无用处 明白吗
女士们 我想你们已经休息好了
And ladies, I assume you're well rested.
我需要你的服务
I am in need of your services.
你听到他说的了 谁想要第一个去守卫
You heard him. Who wants first watch?
好吧 我第一个
Well, I'll take first watch.
但你们最好在四小时后来接我的班
But you better come and relieve me in four hours.
帮我一把
Give me a hand with this.
法警说你以前杀人
The marshal said you used to kill people.
法警在和孩子们说话时要谨言慎行
The marshal should guard his words when speaking to children.
是真的吗 - 是的
Is it true? - Yes.
他说你放弃了
He said you gave it up.
他说你为妈妈放弃了
He said you gave it up for Mama.
这是真的吗
Is that true?
他说妈妈改变了你
He said Mama changed you.
我的整个人生
My entire life,
小时候我就知道
even as a boy, I knew.
我就知道我与众不同
I knew I was different.
我妈妈总是说我小时候不哭
My mother always said I didn't cry as a baby.
我也不笑
I didn't laugh.
我母亲去世的时候 我还很小
When my mother died I was very young, but I didn't shed a tear at her funeral.
但我没有在她的葬礼上流下一滴眼泪
很多人都哭了 但我没有
Lots of folks did, but I didn't.
从小到大 其他孩子都会玩游戏 互相开玩笑
Growing up, the other kids would play games and joke with each other,
如果他们受伤或害怕 他们会哭
and they would cry if they got hurt or if they were scared,
我会看着他们
and I'd watch 'em.
我变得相当擅长假装
I got pretty good at pretending.
总之装得还行
Good enough, anyway.
假装我和其他孩子一样
Pretending I was like the other kids.
假装我很
Pretending I was...
正常
normal.
但就在那时 我意识到我从不知恐惧
But that's when I realized I had never known fear.
在我一生中 我看到了每个人眼中的恐惧
My whole life I'd seen fear in the eyes of every man I ever met,
我变得期待它
come to expect it.
成年人会毫无理由的害怕
Grown men terrified when they had no reason to be.
我记得有个人在找我
I remember this one man was looking for me "cause I'd shot a couple of his friends.
因为我杀了他的几个朋友
他在浴室里追上了我
He caught up with me in a bathhouse,
手♥枪♥在我的衣服旁边 我够不到
my pistols lying out of reach next to my clothes.
我记得我看着这个人
And I remember seeing this man
拿枪指着浴缸里的冰冷裸男
holding a gun on a cold, naked man sitting in a tub,
而他却是发抖的那个人
and yet he was the one shaking,
怕得动不了
too scared to move.
所以我从浴缸里站了起来
So I stood up from my bath,
我悄悄走到那个人跟前
and I quietly walked over to the man,
我夺走了他的手♥枪♥
and I took his pistol away...
我用它打死了他
and then I shot him dead with it.
他甚至没有求饶命
He didn't even beg for his life.
即使我能意识到人们的恐俱
And even though I could recognize fear in men,
甚至到了利用它对付他们的地步
even to a point where I could use it against them,
老实说 我完全不知道这到底是什么感觉
I can honestly say I had no idea what it actually felt like.
就好像
It was as if...
我生来就是
I'd been born
内心已死
dead inside.
但我不在乎 因为我的内心已死
But I didn't care 'cause I was dead inside.
妈妈是怎么改变这一点的
How did Mama change that?
我见到你母亲的时候 没有互相介绍
When I met your mother, there was no introduction.
也没有相互了解
There was no getting to know each other.
在我第一眼看到她的那一刻
And in that first moment I saw her...
我感觉到了什么
I felt something.
我以前从未感受过的
Something I never felt before.
爱情
Love?
恐惧
Fear.
怕她不跟我说话 担心她不会爱我
Fear she wouldn't talk to me. Fear she wouldn't love me.
恐怕我不能娶她为妻
Fear I couldn't make her my wife.
害怕失去她
Fear of losing her.
她是我唯一害怕的
She was the only thing I ever feared
也是我唯一爱过的
and the only thing I ever loved.
当他们告诉我妈妈死了 我不知道什么感觉
When they told me Mama was dead, I didn't know how to feel.
她是你的母亲
She was your mother.
你会感到难过 你会感到失落
You feel sad. You feel loss.
那是你的感受吗
Is that how you felt?
我感觉痛苦
I felt pain.
就像我的一部分和她一起被杀了
Like a part of me was killed with her.
你现在还有这种感觉吗
Do you still feel like that?
妈妈死了 我什么也没感觉到
Mama died, and I didn't feel anything.
就好像我死了
It was as if I died...
就像我迷路了
like I was lost.
就像我躺在床上 在我的房♥间里
Like I was lying in my bed, in my room...
在我们的家里
in our house...
但我觉得我再也找不到回去的路了
but I felt like I would never find my way back to those things again.
你会的
You will.
你认识杀了妈妈的那个人吗
Do you know the man who killed Mama?
法警告诉我们的那个人
The man the marshal told us about?
詹姆斯·麦卡利斯特
James McCallister.
明天 太阳升起后
Tomorrow, after the sun comes up...
你能教我怎么射击吗
can you teach me how to shoot?
好的
Good.
我想我会喜欢的
I think I'd like that.
妈的
Son of a bitch!
该死的
Damn it!
记住 闭上你的左眼
Now remember, keep your left eye closed.
让枪管保持在你目标的正上方
Let the barrel drift right above your target.
当你准备好了
When you're ready,
轻轻地把肺里的空气都呼出来
gently breathe all the air out of your lungs
让桶落下
and let the barrel fall.
计时 你的呼吸就会在你开枪时结束
Time it so your breath ends just as you line up your shot.
在你的呼吸最后 扣动扳机
At the bottom of your breath, squeeze the trigger.
别去拉 用你的整只手挤压
Don't pull. Squeeze with your whole hand.
你瞄准的是那顶帽子吗
Were you aiming for the hat?
在它下面 我瞄准的是胸口
Just below it. I was aiming for his chest.
你拉了 你没有挤
You pulled. You didn't squeeze.
让我们再试一次
Let's try it again.
怎么了
What's wrong?
我能试试手♥枪♥吗
Can I try the pistol?
别忘了挤
Remember to squeeze.
别拉
Don't pull.
早上好 尤斯蒂斯
Morning, Eustice.
昨晚那些傻♥逼♥没有来接替我
Those turkey bungholes never relieved me of duty last night.
让我在外面坐了一整晚
Left me sitting out there all night.
真的吗
电影精选列表