当我们自作主张违背我们的最大利益时
When we take it upon ourselves to act against our best interests...
为了我们社区的最大利益
and the best interests of our community,
我们必须明白 这些行为是有后果的
we have to understand that there are consequences for those actions,
我们必须尊重
and we must respect the hierarchy of power that's handed down to us from God.
上帝传给我们的权力等级
我没有要求承担这个责任
I did not ask for this responsibility.
我确实是在自己的意志下掌权的
I did rise to power under my own volition.
但这动力是由更高的力量放在我体内的
But the drive to do so was placed inside of me by a higher power.
吉米
Jimmy.
我今天站在这里是上帝的旨意
It's God's will that I stand here today.
各位 好好审视一下你们的生活吧
Take a hard look at your lives, people.
你相信没有上帝旨意 事情会自己发生吗
Do you believe that anything happens without the will of God?
如果这是上帝的旨意 他想让你们中的一人掌权
If it were God's will that he wanted one of you to be in charge...
嘿 布里格斯
Hey, Briggs.
你觉得他会给动力吗
...do you not think he would have given you the drive?
密切注意他的哥哥
Keep a sharp eye out for the brother.
老大认为他可能会试着救人
Boss thinks he might try something.
他没有
He did not.
上帝赐予我手段和精神上的坚韧
God blessed me with the means and the mental fortitude
来培养我对这个社区的兴趣
to grow my interests in this community.
我不仅能够打开克拉克的商品和贸易公♥司♥
Not only was I able to open up Clark's Mercantile and Trade,
我能在铁路上引诱
but I was able to lure in the railroad.
我知道你们中的许多人不同意我的方法
Now, I know that many of you do not agree with my methods.
我向你保证 麦卡利斯特先生有很多机会
Let me assure you, Mr. McCallister here has had every opportunity
为这个社区做正确的事 但他断然拒绝了
to do right by this community, but he's flat- out refused.
吉米
Jimmy.
你现在回家吧 别呆在这里看这个
You go on home now. Don't stay here and watch this.
听到了吗 儿子
You hear me, son?
回家
Go home.
走
Go!
詹姆斯 是吗
James, is it?
你知道今天这里发生了什么吗
You understand what's happening here today?
你父亲给你上了宝贵的一课
Well, your father is teaching you a valuable lesson.
回家 走
Go home. Go!
认清你的位置
Know your place.
他偷了我的钱
He stole from me.
是的 他偷了 他偷了
Yes, he did-- Yes, he did.
他偷了这些好人的钱
He stole from all these good people.
这让他成了罪人
That makes him a sinner.
你知道罪人该去哪吗
You know where in the world sinners go?
我可以告诉你 绝不是怀俄明州
I can tell you, sure as hell ain't Wyoming.
绞死他
Let him hang.
干掉马车夫
Shoot the wagon driver.
爸爸
Pa!
干掉布里格斯
Get Briggs!
他妈的
Goddamn it.
请帮帮我
Please help me!
爸爸 你没事吧
Dad. Are you okay?
救救我 救救我
Help me. Help me. Help me.
去叫医生
Get the doc.
你欠我更多钱
You owe me more.
你还好吗 - 还好
You okay? - Yeah.
麦克
Mike?
哦 上帝 不是的
Oh, God. No.
全额付清
Paid in full.
你杀了我哥哥 你这个狗♥娘♥养♥的
You killed my brother, you son of a--
商店
老方法
二十年后
必须早点把这些晾起来
Have to get these hung early so they have a chance to dry before the wind gets up.
才有机会在风起之前晾干
你是要帮我还是继续看着
You gonna help me or just keep watching?
我喜欢看着你
I like watching you.
嗯
Yeah.
你喜欢看我晾衣服吗
You like watching me hang laundry?
我喜欢看你做很多事
I like watching you do most things.
我所做的很多事 都是为了
And most things I do, I do for you.
是的
That's true.
可能这是你喜欢看我的原因
I suppose that might be why you like watching me.
我喜欢看你做其他的事情
I reckon I'd enjoy watching you do other things,
不只是为我
not just things for me.
比如我为女儿做事情
Like when I do things for our daughter?
是
Yes.
你是个好母亲 任何人都能看出来
You're a good mother. Anyone can see that.
谢谢
Thank you.
现在 我需要你今天做一个好父亲
Now, I need you to be a good father today and walk our daughter to school.
送我们的女儿去学校
她已经长大了 可以自己走路了 - 她需要你
Well, she's old enough to walk herself. - She needs you.
我需要你
I need you.
我今天不能陪她去 因为风可能会刮起来
And I can't walk her today since the wind is probably gonna get up
我得把衣服挂好
and I need to finish hanging this laundry.
我要开店了 - 那就赶快出发吧 才不会迟到
I have to open the store. - Then get going so you're not late.
布鲁克
Brooke?
你得快点 你父亲今天送你去学校
You need to hurry. Your father's walking you to school today.
为什么你不能陪我走
Why can't you walk me?
布鲁克
Brooke?
是的 先生
Yes, sir?
听你妈妈的话
Listen to your mother.
谢谢
Thank you.
布鲁克 今早我有太多活要做 所以别吵了
Brooke, I have too many chores to get done this morning, so no arguing.
拿上你的课本 你们两个都别迟到了
Grab your schoolbooks and scoot before you're both late.
我觉得你和你父亲可以一起散散步
I think you and your father could use a little walk together anyway.
去吧
Go on.
我们应该骑马的 - 不
We should have taken the horse. - No.
没时间备好马鞍送你去学校
Wasn't time to saddle the horse and walk you to school
准时回到商店开门
and be back at the store on time to open.
我们骑马不是更快吗 - 毫无疑问
Wouldn't we be faster on a horse? - Undoubtedly.
那么我们不是更快地节省了时间吗
Then wouldn't the time we saved by being faster
弥补了给马上鞍所需的时间
have made up for the time it would have taken to saddle a horse?
不
No.
瓦莱丽小姐生病了 今天不上课
"No classes today as Miss Valerie has taken ill"?
你觉得她得了什么病
What do you think she's ill with?
水痘
Pox?
可能是水痘
It's probably pox.
你现在得走回家了 我要开店了
You need to walk home now. I have to open the store.
妈妈说我不能一个人走回家
Mama says I'm not allowed to walk home alone.
那是瞎说
That's nonsense.
你说我应该听妈妈的
You say I should listen to Mama.
这次不一样
This is different.
如果你让我一个人走回家 妈妈不会喜欢的
Mama won't like it if you make me walk home alone.
布里格斯 商业贸易公♥司♥
坐那里 做作业吧
Sit there and finish your studies.
我做完作业了 老师需要布置新的
I finished my studies. The teacher needs to assign new ones.
那坐那里看书吧
Then sit there and read a book.
早上好 杰弗里斯先生
Morning, Mr. Jeffries.
早上好 布里格斯先生 今天过得怎么样
Morning, Mr. Briggs. How's your day?
很好 你需要什么
Very well. How can I help you?
好吧 我来告诉你 布里格斯先生
Well, I'll tell you, Mr. Briggs.
我妈妈昨天念叨来着
My mother done got it in her head yesterday
她想为这周教堂的百家饭烤个蛋糕
that she wanted to bake a cake for the church potluck this week.
去年她做了一个派
And now, last year she made a pie.
但她用的苹果长在约翰逊先生的树上
But the apples she used grow on Mr. Johnson's apple tree.
在厕所后面的那个
You know, the one out back by the outhouse.
你知道吗 这些苹果尝起来像屎一样
And wouldn't you know it, them apples tasted plumb like shit.
谁吃了都恶心死了
It made anybody who eat them sick to their gut.
我觉得厕所里的屎已经浸透到根部了
I tell you, I think the shit from that outhouse has soaked down to the root
并改变了一个普通苹果的味道
and changed the way a basic apple can taste.
但约翰逊说 这完全是胡说八道
But Mr. Johnson says that's a bunch of hooey.
因为这事 他不让我妈用他的苹果做派了
And because of that, he won't let Mama have no more apples for her apple pie,
在我看来 这对我和妈妈来说都很好
which, as far as I'm concerned, is fine by me and Mama
因为 就像我说的 苹果尝起来就像屎一样
because, as I mentioned before, the apples taste like shit anyhow.
这让我妈进退两难
Well, that left a dilemma for Mama.
如果她不为本周的百家饭烤派
If she's not gonna bake a pie for this week's potluck,
她能做什么呢
电影精选列表