Okay...
等等 就是你一直在贴寻人启事吗
Wait, are you the one that's been posting these?
没错
Yeah.
他是你的学生吗
Was he a student of yours?
研究生
Grad student.
介意我拿一张吗
Do you mind if I take this?
你拿吧
Sure.
好的
Okay.
是你
It was you!
你给我寄的包裹
You sent me the package.
你留下痕迹让我追踪
You left me the trail to follow.
不 我不知道你在说什么
No-- I don't know what you're talking about.
我来这是想给你这个
I'm here to give you this.
我能理解成 我的邮箱炸掉了吗
My mail box was out of order, I take it?
门没锁
The door was unlocked.
我们在图书馆说完话后
Aft-- after we talked in the library,
我四处询问 打听到你需要一名助教
I asked around and heard you needed a TA.
我希望你能考虑
And I was hoping that you might consider--
我不需要
I don't need one.
公♥寓♥管♥理♥员♥说你之前
The department head said that you did though--
我才不管他说了什么
I don't care what he said.
那你
Are you--
你是研究生吗
Are you even a grad student?
不是
No.
只是在我
It's just after I--
在我看到这张启示后 我想帮你找到他
After I saw the poster, I wanted to help you find him.
你找不到他的 知道吗
You can't just find him, okay?
他已经消失很久了
He's been gone for a long time.
我什么方法都试过了 他
I've tried everything. He's just--
他可能早就死了
He's just gone.
那你为什么还要贴这些呢
Then why are you posting those?
行了 我不清楚你为什么这么在意这个
Okay, I'm not clear on why you would care.
我也贴过寻人启事
I've made posters like those before.
为了找我姐姐
For my sister.
她在早些年前消失了
She disappeared a few years ago.
对不起 我对你的经历深感抱歉
I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you went through that.
但这和桑杰没什么联♥系♥
But it has nothing to do with Sanjay.
你认识他吗
Did you even know him?
不认识
No.
听着 我很抱歉 我只是
Look, I'm sorry. I just--
我看到了这些启示
I saw the poster and...
然后好像这一切又再现了
it was like it was happening all over again
我不知道 这听起来或许很荒谬
and I don't know, it might sound irrational,
但我想也许 我能帮你找到他 我能
but I thought that maybe, if I helped you find him, I could--
听着 你只是个学生
Look, you're just a student.
你有别的事需要去操心
You have enough to worry about.
抱歉 教授 但实际上
I'm sorry, professor, but that is not how this works.
我一直都很担心我姐姐
I never get to stop worrying about my sister,
就像你一直在寻找你的学生
just like you don't get to stop looking for your student.
好吧
Okay.
天呐 和我自己吵架就是这种感觉吗
God, this must be what it's like to argue with me.
你叫什么名字
So, what is your name?
我叫克洛伊·毕肖普
It's Chloe Bishop.
我是萨曼莎·兰德
Samantha Rand,
也许是个教授
Professor, I guess.
听着 如果你想过来帮我的话
Look, the majority of the search is back at my house
搜索工作基本上都在我自己家进行
if you want to come help me go through it.
好的
Okay.
如果你真的能帮上忙
And, if you prove to be helpful,
我也许会考虑让你做我的助教
I might consider bringing you on as my TA, maybe.
我回来了
Hey, I'm home.
都这时候了 你怎么这么久
It's about time. What took you so long?
当你说你丢了东西在办公室时
When you said you left something at the office,
我可没想到会是她
this wasn't exactly what I imagined.
我也没想到
No, I imagine not.
克洛伊 这是我妻子道恩 道恩 这是克洛伊
Chloe, this is my wife, Dawn. Dawn, Chloe.
克洛伊打算来帮我做这个项目
Um, Chloe's going to help me with the project.
她有私人原因
She has a personal interest in it.
好吧 离你上一个熬夜研究趴
Well, it's been a long time
已经很长一段时间了
since your last late-night research party.
-我去做点吃的 -谢谢
- I'll whip up something. - Thank you.
你之前在找你的失踪人口的时候
When you were looking for the person that you lost,
你有没有发生过突然收到
you didn't happen to get a random box of artifacts
别人寄给你的一盒文物这种事
in the mail, just on the off chance?
没有
No.
你认为这和桑杰的失踪有关
You think this is all related to Sanjay's disappearance?
对
I do.
你可以仔细看看你能找到什么
Why don't you dig in and see what you can find out?
我可能发现了什么
I think I found something.
也许
Maybe.
这是一幅画 只在网上出现过一次
It's just a drawing and it's only appeared on the internet once.
你到底是怎么发现的
How on the earth did you find
反向图像搜索
Reverse image lookup.
出处是哪里
Where's it from?
它发表在2015年的一项心理研究上
It was published in a psych study in 2015.
这个心理医生当时在研究
This shrink was studying cases
偏执型精神分♥裂♥症和离群索居的病例
of extreme schizophrenia and disassociation.
没有说图像代表什么
It doesn't say what the image is of,
不过我们也许可以明天给医生打电♥话♥
but maybe we can call the doctor tomorrow.
还有一种方法更好
We can do one better than that.
开车过去也就几个小时
It's only a couple of hours drive away.
不过我先要把你送回家
But first, I'm probably going to take you home.
你在这待了太久
I've kept you too long as it is.
不会 别担心这个
No, don't worry about it.
你知道吗 我终于感觉自己有点用了
It's-- I feel like I'm actually doing something, you know?
这种感觉很好
It feels good.
今晚到此为止
Calling it a night?
你看起来很憔悴
And you look wiped.
今晚我送这位年轻的女士回家
I'll be taking the young lady home this evening.
谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
到了
Okay.
克洛伊
Chloe.
真的感谢你帮助萨姆
I really want to thank you for helping Sam.
桑杰这件事对她来说很艰难
This Sanjay thing has been really hard on her.
没事 我
It's fine, I um--
我也有自己的私心
I am not really being entirely selfless either.
行吧 我了解萨姆
Well, I know Sam
当她决定做一件事
and, when she's set on something,
就一定要做完为止
she's going to keep going until it's done.
我陪不了她
And I'm not in that world with her,
但是你可以
but you are.
你能照顾她吗
Would you look out for her?
她是我的全部
She means the world to me.
可以 没问题
Yeah, yeah.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我的妻子 加入我们
Ah, wife, come join us.
游戏要开始了
We're about to play around.
你觉得呢
What do you say?
啊 她太胆小了 不敢玩
Ah, she's too timid for these stakes,
话都不敢说
too frightened to even speak.
我不怎么了解她 但我看得出来
I hardly know her, yet I can see
她太蠢了 不明白会发生什么
she's not clever enough to understand what's going on.
这里有规则
There are rules.
她有机会
She gets a chance.
坐下
Sit.
她同意了
She consents.
她不能胜任这项任务
She's not equal to the task.
对她来说真♥相♥太庞大了
The truth is too large for her.
这样不好 教授
This is not good, professor.
她输了