until you see him.
我的虚荣心让我觉得
In my vanity, I thought...
我能令你爱上我
I could make you love me,
但没人可以做到
and one cannot do that,
或者说没人应该这样做
or should not.
你已经走入 你盲目的
You have walked...blindly...
一种你未曾料到的境况
into a situation that you did not anticipate.
我不想夺走你的
I will not rob you
自尊
of your self-respect.
你和我过去认定的一样
You are the man I thought you were.
甚至比那还好
And more.
我来这是错的吗
Did l make a mistake in coming here?
我早就该来
I would have come before,
但我离首都很远
except l've been away from the capital.
可能我这样和你谈话是不合法的
Perhaps I'm out of order speaking with you this way,
但我总是想起你
but I've thought of you often.
看来我离开以后 你过得还不错
So after I left,it went well for you.
我听说国王和王后接待了你
I heard the king and queen received you.
每个人都说你非常惹人喜爱
Everybody says you were a great favorite.
他们都在谈论你在街上他们称呼你
They all speak of you. One hears them in the streets.
“夫人” 谁能想得到呢
''Her Ladyship.'' Who would have guessed it?
你知道
You knew
我曾经满怀期望 对吧
I had promise, didn't you?
是的
Yes.
找到你的印度了吗 约翰
Did you find your lndies, John?
你会的
You shall.
我可能已经错过了它们
I may have sailed past them.
我以为那是一场梦
I thought it was a dream...
我们在森林里知道的那一切
what we knew in the forest.
但那才是唯一的真实
It's the only truth.
感觉就像是我第一次和你说话
It seems as if l were speaking to you for the first time.
我们不能回家吗
Could we not go home?
马上就走
As soon as possible.
我的丈夫
My husband.
汤玛斯 你在哪
Thomas. Where are you?
母亲
Mother,
现在我知道你住在哪了
now l know where you live.
1616年4月13日
''1 3th of April, 1616.''
母亲 母亲 -“亲爱的儿子
Mother. Mother. -''Dear son,
我写下这些是为了未来某一天
I write this so that someday in the future
你可能能理解
you might understand a circumstance
在你记忆一角中的事
which shall be but a far memory to you.
你亲爱的母亲 蕾贝卡
Your dear mother, Rebecca,
在我们回去的路上病倒
fell ill in our outward passage
在格雷夫森德
at Gravesend.
她温柔的提醒我每个人都会死去
She gently reminded me that all must die.
她说“这就足够了”
''Tis enough,' she said,
“只要你 我们的孩子 活下来了”
that you, our child, should live.''
电影精选列表