现身吧 神灵
Come, spirit.
帮我们唱述我们这片土地的故事
Help us sing the story of our land.
你是我们的母亲
You are our mother...
我们 如同你护佑的玉米地
we, your field of corn.
我们成长
We rise...
从你的灵魂中成长
from out of the soul of you.
亲爱的母亲
Dear mother...
您用您的美滋润着大地
you fill the land with your beauty.
直到世界的尽头
You reach to the end of the world.
我如何能找到你
How shall l seek you?
让我看看你的脸
Show me your face...
您 伟大的母亲河
you, the great river
永不干涸
that never runs dry.
放开他
Let him go.
你说过要吊死他的 长官
You said to hang him, sir.
史密斯 你给我记住
Now remember, Smith,
你曾经带着枷锁上的岸
you've cometo these shores in chains.
你身上是有案底的
You're under a cloud
我绝不会让你好过的 如果让我再听到
which will darken considerably if l hear
你有任何不安分的言论
anymore of your mutinous remarks.
明白吗
ls that understood?
纽波特船长 先生
Captain Newport, sir,
我找到一些牡蛎
we found oysters.
有我手掌这么厚 像石头那么大 长官
They're as thick as my hands. They're the size of stones, sir,
到处都是鱼 就在腿边游来游去
and there's fish everywhere. They're flapping against your legs.
我们会过国王般的日子了 -在海上过了这几个月
We're gonna live like kings. -All these months at sea--
我已经厌倦了不停向前探索
l'm weary of looking further.
我们可以在这里歇歇了
This place will serve.
岸边的水很深(船不会搁浅)
We have deep water to the shore,
视野开阔 能看见河的上游和下游
we can see up and down the river.
敌人无法偷袭我们
Our enemies will have no advantage of surprise.
把锚和中帆拿到岸上来
Bring the anchors and midsails to shore,
小心哪个家伙想家了
in case some homesick person
偷偷把船开跑了
decides to slip away with them.
我们要小心 不要得罪土人
We must be careful not to offend the naturals.
如果我们的谷物收成不好
lf our crops fail,
我们就不得不和他们做生意了
we shall be obliged to trade with them.
等我们在这扎下根
Once we're established here,
我们可以溯河而上
we may go up the river
寻找一条
and seek a route
通往其他海洋的路
to the other sea.
那些野蛮人经常来拜访我们
The savages often visit us kindly...
他们胆子很小 就像一群好奇的鹿
timid, like a herd of curious deer.
今晚我们在船上过夜
Tonight we shall sleep aboard our ships,
每个人都要全副武装 明天一早
everyone in full armor.ln the morning,
我们将砍伐每一棵树
we will chop down every tree
在离泊船处半英里以内的(树)
within half a mile of the moorage
用最直的树枝
and use the straightest limbs
树一条了望塔警戒线 筑起城♥堡♥
to erect a line of watchtowers and to build our fort.
等那些做完以后
When we have done that,
我们就把小麦和大麦种下去
we set our wheat and barley,
建造房♥屋 贮存木柴
put up houses and lay in firewood.
逃避工作者将就地遭受鞭刑
Slackers will be whipped at the site of their transgression.
长官 -什么事 Emery
Sir. -Yes, Emery?
我们什么时候可以出去
When might we, uh,be going out to...
搜索一下 长官
poke about, sir?
我们到这里不是来掠夺的
We are not here to pillage and raid.
我们到这里是要建立一个殖民地
We are here to establish a colony.
我去过多少块大♥陆♥
How many lands behind me?
金钱对你们没有任何意义
Gold will do you no good.
用不了六个月 就会开始下雪
Not six months from now, when the snow has begun to fly.
去过多少片海洋
How many seas?
经历过多少风险磨难
What blows and dangers?
幸运总是在我这一边
Fortune ever my friend.
我们登陆以来已经丢了五个小桶了 有人偷东西
Five kegs is gone since we landed. Somebody stole 'em.
雨水进到这里面了 这里生了虫
Rain's gotten to this,and worms here.
给他打上烙印 -还有这
Brand him. -And here.
割掉他的耳朵
Cut off his ears.
抓到了这两个人 长官
Captured these two, sir,
和我们的人聊天
talking to the men,
打探消息
spying.
嘿 叫你呢
Hey, you!
他偷了我的手斧
He stole me hatchet!
土人对我们已经没有好感了
We've lost the favor of the naturals.
如果我们那天没有见到岸
Had we not sighted land the day we did,
我就已经要掉转船头了
l would have turned back.
我们已经吃掉了大部分存粮
We have eaten the majority of our stores,
我们最好的战士在生病发烧
our best men are sick with fever,
其余的人很快就会产生叛心
the rest will soon breed mutiny.
我们也可能遭遇海难
We might as well be shipwrecked!
而现在
Now...
土人们告诉我
the naturals tell me, uh,
这条河的上游有个城市
of a city up the river
一位强大的国王住在那里
and of a mighty king who lives there.
我打算派个使者去拜访他
I propose we send an envoy to this king
看看是否可以说服他
to see whether he can be persuaded
与我们进行贸易
to trade with us.
与此同时 我会 呃 返回英国
Meanwhile, l shall,uh, return to England
弄些供给品来
for fresh supplies.
春天前我回不来
I'll not be back until spring.
拉德克利夫将负责这儿的一切
Radcliffe here will be in command.
至于谁去拜见
As to who will approach
那位土人的国王 我不需要提醒你们
the savage king, l needn't tell you
那将是一个危险的任务
it will be a hazardous mission.
史密斯上尉是我们中间唯一的职业军人
Captain Smith is the only professional soldier among us.
史密斯 长官 他 他有
Smith, sir? What are--what are--
他有什么资格
what are his qualifications?
是你所不具备的
Those you lack.
我很想知道一件事
I should very dearly like to know one thing.
是什么阻止这位刽子手的朋友
What is to prevent this friend of the hangman
和土著人联盟 并转而投奔我们
from making league with the naturals and turning upon us--
仅仅是在极端的折磨之下 我想假定是--
only under the extremity of torture, l should like to assume--
或者真正地在战争的行为中教导他们
or indeed instructing them in the conduct of war
用英国的策略 如果我可以斗胆地说
and English strategies, if l may make so bold?
他-他-他的舰长的权力
His-his-his right to the title of captaincy
是最不可靠的 一个出身低微的农夫的儿子
is dubious at best. The low-born son of a farmer
不能希望他
cannot be expected
像一个得体的绅士那样表现
to behave with a gentleman's sense of propriety.
也许你想要去 温菲尔德
Perhaps you'd like to go, Wingfield.
史密斯 你有机会
Smith, you have an opportunity
挽回你的荣誉了
to repair your reputation.
我想你该欣然接受吧
I expect you to welcome it.
你是谁
Who are you
我隐约听到的是谁的声音
whom l so faintly hear?
谁一直在催我
Who urge me ever on?
你有做领导的天赋 史密斯
You have the makings of a leader, Smith.
人们能依靠你吗
Can one rely on you?
我脑海里是什么声音 一直在对我说话
What voice is this that speaks within me...
指引我最佳的方向
guides me towards the best?
哪儿
Where?
星星总是引导着我
Always the star was guiding me...
指引我
leading me...
带我去
drawing me on...
世外桃源
to the fabled land.
那儿生命将开始
There life shall begin.
我们理想中的世界
A world equal to our hopes.
一片大地可以洗涤我们灵魂
A land where one might wash one's soul pure...
使其返朴归真
rise to one's true stature.
我们会重新开始
We shall make a new start.
崭新的一页
A fresh beginning.