and I gotta deal with a lot of her stuff.
我能问你个问题吗
Can I ask you a question?
你可以别问吗
I'd really rather you didn't.
你妈妈是怎么死的
How'd your mom die?
是为了你家的家谱吗
ls this for your family tree thing?
因为家谱向来都是记录谁是谁 什么时候生的
Cause usually family trees are about the whos and the whens,
而不是至于为什么结婚怎么发家的 你懂的
not the whys and the, you know, hows.
你妈妈死了以后你姑妈收养了你
Was your aunt the one that raised you after your mom died?
对
Yeah.
对对对 她收养了我
Yeah, yeah, she did.
也许你能 呃
Maybe you could, uh
带我去你姑妈家去
Take me to your aunt's house with you.
我可以帮你处理遗产的事 然后你就能
I could help you with your stuff and you-
你不能跟我去 佩迪
You're not coming with me, Petey.
为什么不行
Why not?
因为这是一件很悲伤的事 好吗
Because it's depressing, all right?
我们本来打算去主题乐园
We were supposed to go to a theme park,
而不是招惹这些 你知道
not into, you know
阴暗和死气沉沉的事
darkness and death.
我知道领养流程
I know about the adoption, huh?
哦
Oh.
所以你认为这样你就可以
And so you can either just
把我撇开 把这些事撇开
cut me off, and cut this off,
还是说
or.
你想和我一起度过我们为数不多的剩下的时光
you can spend the rest of the very little time that we have left together.
一起哦
Together.
我想知道你会选哪一个
I wonder which you would be chosen.
你一个人在这里干什么
What are you doing in here all alone now?
或者有什么是我需要知道的
Or do I not want to know?
我就是在发呆
Just thinking, l guess
哦 是吗
Oh, yeah?
发什么呆哦
About what?
我也不知道
I don't know.
关于未来
The future?
对此你有什么建议吗
You got any advice?
嗯
Um.
嗯
Well
保护好你的牙齿
Take care of your teeth.
保护好你的肠胃
And take care of your gut.
然后顺其自然就好
Take life as it comes
你知道 你能遇到的最糟糕的事就是这些
You know, the worst thing you can do is try to force it.
但是 说实在的 我觉得对你来说最重要的就是记住
But really, I think that the most important thing for you to remember is
不要去杀害你身边的人
Try not to kill everybody around you.
佩迪
Petey?
佩迪
Petey.
佩迪
Petey?
嘿 佩迪 伙计
Hey, Petey buddy?
我去 我擦 我焯
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.
我他妈的 我去
Fuck, fuck, fuck.
过来看 城里有个地方
Check it out, there's a place in town.
他们在教跳伞课
They do skydiving lessons.
我觉得这是个要么你完美落地 要么就落地成盒的事
I feel like it's one of those things where you're either really good at it or you aren't.
我要上一节课来弄清楚
I'm gonna take one lesson to find out.
嗯 很有趣
Hey, funny.
这个 嗯
That's, uh
有点意思
That's funny.
是吧
Yeah?
你也觉得很有趣 是吧
Well, you're kind of funny, too, huh?
*卡斯科跳伞”承办婚礼”
*恐怖天堂
哦 他们还承办婚礼来着
Oh, and they do weddings.
嘿 帮我个忙 可以吗
Hey, uh, do me a favor, all right?
在车里等我处理完这件事
Wait in the car while I deal with this.
什么
What?
没门 我想看看你的旧房♥间 就像他们在电影里做的一样
No way. I want to see your old room like they do in the movies
不行 佩迪
No, Petey.
为什么不行
Why not?
那是因为
Just because.
因为我说不行就不行
because I said so.
行吧 好吧
AII right. Fine.
那我要去拉屎
Then have to go number two.
什么
What?
你为什么在汽车旅馆的时候不拉
Why don't you go to the motel?
哈尔 你还有很多不了解我的地方
There's a lot you don't know about me, Hal.
比方说 我是那种只能在家里才能安心拉屎的孩子
For instance, I'm one of those kids that can only go poo in a house.
你是认真的吗
Are you being serious?
千真万确 哈尔
lt's a tough bet to lose, Hal.
我的天爷呀
Jesus Christ.
你好 抱歉
Hey. Hey there. Sorry.
哦
Oh. Oh.
能把窗户摇下来吗
Window won't go down.
行 没问题
Yeah. Okay.
你好呀
Hey there. How are you?
嘿 我是芭芭拉
Hi. l'm Barbara
你一定是哈尔·谢伯恩
You must be Hal Shelburn.
你哥哥比尔·谢伯恩说你会过来
Your brother Bill Shelburn said you'd be coming.
哦 对对对
Oh, yeah. Right, right.
嘿 芭芭拉 你好
Uh, hi, Barbara. Yeah.
你那个哥哥比尔很有个性 不是吗
That brother Bill of yours is quite the character, isn't he?
是的
Yeah.
我是说 你的哥哥比尔
Your brother Bill, I mean.
对 是的 他是很有个性
Yes Yes. He's quite the character.
是啊
Yeah.
哇 这个帅小伙儿是谁
Wow, who's this little slugger?
额 这是我儿子 佩迪
Oh, this is my son Petey.
哦 欢迎欢迎
Ohl Hello there.
哦 免了 芭芭拉 我还是个孩子 又不是什么房♥产达人
Oh, no thanks, Barbara. I'm just a kid who doesn't buy many houses.
但是我还不知道我还有一个叔叔
But I also didn't know that I have an uncle.
哦 好吧 谢天谢地
So, yeah, thanks for that.
额
Um.
这可太有意思了 因为我昨天问才哈尔他有没有兄弟姐妹
lt's funny, because I actually asked Hal here if he had any siblings yesterday.
但是没想到他竟然当着我的面说谎
But he flat out lied to my face.
但是这很酷
But it's cool.
不管怎么说他只会再当几天我的爸爸
He's only going to be my dad for like a few more days anyway.
因为他马上就要被另一位仁兄代替了
Because he's being swapped out for a leading expert.
额
Yeah.
好吧
Okay.
行
Well.
那么就不需要名片了对吧
So no card, okay.
不需要名片 谢谢 -让我们看看♥房♥♥子吧
No card, yeah. - See the house.
你和你姑姑关系很好吗
Were you and your aunt very close?
当然 非常好
Uh, sure, very.
这些就是她的全部遗物吗
Uh, is this all her stuff?
我还以为她会有好多呢
I felt like she had more stuff.
哦 这个嘛 她去世的第二天
Oh, well, we did have that estate sale
我们确实办了场房♥产拍卖♥♥会
the day after she died.
来的人可多了
We had a great turnout, too.
估计赚了有100多块
Must have made over$100.
好
Right.
好吧 让我们捋一捋
Now, let's see.
让我想想啊 应该是周日那天
That would have been on Sunday,
因为从周一开始
because ever since Monday,
这里就有点 额 乱糟糟的
things have been a bit, uh, messy around here.
你姑妈的事肯定是在周一
Yeah. Your aunt, of course, was Monday.
然后 哦天呐 周二 一开始 是米奇·麦克唐纳
And then, oh Lord, first thing Tuesday, it was Mitch McDonald.
然后周三是伯特·伯格森
And then Wednesday was Burt Burgerson.
接着是南希·里索利
And then Nancy Risoli.
可是 内什么 缅因州没有眼镜蛇吧 有吗
But there aren't any cobras in Maine, I mean, are there?
额 有过一条
Well, there was the one.
不是 从周一到现在 每天至少有一个卡斯寇本地人就那么 噗
No, every day since Monday, at least one Casco local has just...poof!
有时候两个或者三个或者四个 甚至五个卡斯寇本地人就这么噗
Sometimes two, or three, or four, or even five Casco locals have just
是的 对 -噗噗噗