Applenaut training, so that's where we have an astronaut that's a green apple
我们也会为它做一套宇航服
and we make a space suit for it.
鉴定宇航服的正确方法
A really good way to look at a space suit
在于它是否能控制好氧气浓度和适当压力以确保你能存活
is it has to keep you alive with oxygen and pressure.
我们来做一个一分钟的小测试
So a one-minute test.
当把苹果拿出来的时候 你们需要把它弄干
When it comes out you're gonna blot it dry.
我们到那个热水箱那边去
We'll walk over to the hot box.
开始 摁下去 再摁低一些
Go. Down, down, down.
当聊到关于太空的话题时 我总能说个不停
When it comes to space, I know a lot.
停下 把它们拿出来了
Stop! Hold them up.
不
No!
真可惜
This is unfortunate.
- 怎么了 - 我觉得我的试验品里面进水了
- What? - I think there's water inside.
迄今为止人类已经能在太空里存活一年了 对我而言意义重大 好开心
People living in space for a year now, that's huge for me. I love it.
我甚至想着 哇 我想现在起就到太空去生活个五年
And it's like, whoa! I want to live in space for five years now!
大卫逊宇宙探索中心
如果你要申请做个宇航员
To apply to become an astronaut,
你只需要登录美国航♥空♥航♥天♥局的官网
all you have to do is go to the NASA website
找到并下载报名的PDF文档 填好它并发送给他们
and you'll find a PDF that you can download, fill out, send back in.
做一个宇航员的基本要求
The basic requirements to be an astronaut
并没有那么难达到
are not actually that difficult to achieve.
首先你需要在STEM学科的相关领域有四年学历
You need to have a four-year degree in a related field of STEM:
科学 技术 工程 以及数学教育
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
你还需要有健康状况良好的身体
You need to have things such as general good health,
较好的视力 听力一类的身体素质
reasonably good eyesight, hearing, those types of things.
但是恰恰是那些没有明确写出的要求
But it's when you look at the requirements that aren't stated
让申请变的更困难
that things become more difficult.
最早的宇航队由七个人组成
The original group of seven folks,
他们几乎都有军事背景
they were all military background when they came into the office.
鲍勃 本肯博士 美国宇航局宇航员
但是当然 登上火星这一任务
But of course the mission of actually going on to Mars
也确实需要许多方面的经验
really requires a wide range of experiences,
比如需要医生 科学家等等
and so that includes medical doctors, it includes scientists,
几乎囊括世上所有职业的经验
pretty much everything under the sun.
我觉得自己在年龄增长的同时 变得越发睿智了
I think I get smarter as I get older!
苏尼 威廉姆斯 美国宇航局宇航员
我作为宇航员而获得的经验
My time here as an astronaut
以及我已两次进入太空的经历
and my ability to have gone to space two times
将会帮助着我一步步
has helped taken some baby steps
推动着下一代的太空探索者们走的更远
to take that next generation of space explorers even further.
现在的我已经远远超过能登上火星的年龄了
I'm way too old to go to Mars.
再过25或30年 我就有85甚至90岁了
25, 30 years from now, I'm gonna be 85, 90 years-old.
唐 托马斯 美国宇航局宇航员
我是不可能被美国宇航局送上火星的
No way is NASA sending me to Mars.
登上火星的一代 应当是现在这一代人
The Mars Generation, is the generation of today.
他们生来就要成为宇航员 去探索那颗红色的星球的
It's in their DNA to become the astronauts, to explore the red planet.
在我还是个孩子的时候 我就曾想当一名宇航员
Ever since I was a little kid, I've wanted to be an astronaut.
登上火星绝对是美国宇航局能够吸引公众兴趣的一个项目
Going to Mars is definitely something that would help NASA to draw public interest
并且会重新激起我们心中对太空旅行的热情
and to reignite that fire we have for space travel.
我们出生的正是时候
We were born at exactly the right time.
到我们预计能够登上火星的时候 我们大概三十出头
We will be in our early 30s around the time we are predicted to set foot on Mars.
而尼尔 阿姆斯特朗在登上月球的时候年仅38岁
And Neil Armstrong was only 38 when he set foot on the Moon.
伊恩 16岁
对我来说 应当更加的集中精力
The age you should really start focusing more
更加认真的对待成为宇航员这一想法
and becoming really serious about becoming an astronaut
就是现在了
is for me, would probably be now,
艾丽萨 14岁
在我14岁这个年纪
so around 14.
因为我现在正开始
Mainly because I'm starting to get
考取我在未来所需要用到的能力证书
those certifications that I'll need in the future,
比如说 蛙潜证书 飞行员执照
such as SCUBA diving certification, pilot's license
以及高空跳伞证书
and sky diving certification.
当我对太空着迷的时候 我才13岁
When I got into space heavily, I was probably about 13.
如果我有机会去火星 我一定会抓住机会
If I had the chance to go to Mars, I would absolutely take it.
瑞秋 16岁
一点都不会犹豫
Like, I wouldn't even think about it.
我热爱宇宙 我想有朝一日能够成为一名宇航员
I love space. I want to be an astronaut one day.
如果我在火星死去 这当然很悲惨
If I died on Mars, it would be sad, obviously.
但我至少是在追求我的毕生梦想的过程中死去的
But at least I would have died achieving my lifelong dream!
佐伊 16岁
这项事业需要特别的人来完成
It takes a certain kind of person.
我们大多数人都不属于那种人
Most of us aren't those people.
人类中总有这种人存在
We are fortunate, we've always been fortunate as a species,
对我们来说已经非常幸运
that there are people like that.
我们必须跟那些年轻一代的宇航员坦诚相待
We have to be honest with the young generation of astronauts.
并告诉他们 这个项目中存在着
And that is, yes, there are dangers,
可以估量的危险
dangers that can be quantified,
不单单可能会造成人们受伤 甚至会造成死亡
but nonetheless dangers that will involve perhaps injury, perhaps even death.
所有的飞行员都会学习如何从一架坠毁的直升机里逃生
All pilots learn how to escape from a crashed helicopter.
因为如果你的飞机失事了 还有什么能来救你呢
Because if you crash, what's gonna come save you?
一架直升机可以
A helicopter.
之前是什么把阿波罗号♥和这之前的飞船上的宇航员从海里救上来的呢
What rescued the Apollo and, before, astronauts out of the ocean?
- 一架直升机 - 一架直升机
- A helicopter. - A helicopter.
当你进入机舱 你会像你之前听说的一样 收到一个号♥码
When you go in, you'll receive a number, like you were told before:
一号♥ 二号♥ 三号♥ 四号♥ 五号♥ 六号♥
one, two, three, four, five, six.
水下逃生
你要以相反的顺序离开:六号♥ 五号♥ 四号♥ 三号♥ 二号♥ 一号♥
You will exit in the reverse order: six, five, four, three, two, one.
那里只有一个出口
There's only one place that you will exit.
我们也练习水下逃生 这样一旦出现糟糕的问题
We do water survival so that we can learn what to do
我们能够知道该怎么应对
if something goes horribly wrong.
我们要下潜了
We're going down!
如果有某些意外发生了 驾驶舱弹出航♥空♥器
If something happens and the hatch blows off of our spacecraft,
水就会漫上来
it starts flooding,
你必须学会如何快速的离开
you have to learn how to get out and get out fast.
谢谢你 指导员
Thank you, Instructor!
如果你遭遇了金属舱就要水漫金山
If you're in a dangerous situation
的危险情形
where you're inside of a metal cage and it starts filling up with water,
你最好清楚如何游泳和逃出舱外
you better know how to swim and you better know how to get out.
不然你就会死 因为金属是不会漂浮的
Because you're gonna die. Metal doesn't float.
- 所有人马上出来 - 六号♥ 出来 五号♥ 快点
- Everybody out! - Six out! Five, go!
你必须在飞行器完全沉底之前 依靠团队力量迅速游泳离开
You have to rely on your team to swim out before it goes all the way under.
而这很考验我们的团队协作能力
And it's all about getting people to work together.
因为没有人可以独自进入太空
Because nobody can go to space alone on their own.
至少到现在为止没有人做到 并且我认为以后也不会有
Nobody has so far, and I don't believe anybody will.
- 你已经为此准备好了 - 对 我很兴奋
- You all ready for this? - Yeah, I'm pumped.
为了登陆火星我可以不顾一切
I would definitely be willing to die to go to Mars.
尼科 16岁
阿波罗一号♥ 1967年1月27日
整个人类因此而获得的认知 是值得用我的生命去交换的
My life is worth all the things that the human race as a whole gain from that.
当我们试图登陆月球的时候
When we went to the Moon,
我们在成功离开地球之前 在阿波罗一号♥的大火里
we lost three astronauts before we ever got off the ground
已经失去了三个宇航员
in the Apollo 1 fire on the pad.
一切都在那个恐怖而骇人的时刻结束了
It was all over in one stunned, horrifying second.
一束电火花突然射出来
An electrical spark apparently shot out
点燃了船舱里全部的他们赖以呼吸的氧气
and ignited the 100% oxygen in the cabin that they were breathing,
而这发生在一次真正的太空旅行的过程中
as in a real spaceflight.
舱内人员完全不可能逃脱
The crewmen never had a chance.
现在我们的飞船发展到了航♥天♥飞机的程度
Now we come into the Space Shuttle,
STS-51-L 挑战者号♥ 1986年1月28日
它被设定好了固定的路线
and it's supposed to be routine.
并且很少有意外事件的发生
And it's supposed to be this low incident.
事实上 在我们第二十四次航行的时候 差点发生了这样的事件
Well, it almost happened to us on the 24th flight.
如果我们在四次终止发射行动中的任意一次里强行发射火箭
Four scrubs, any one of which, had we launched,
那天的行程肯定会以失败收场
it would have not been a good day.
但意外却在第二十五次航行时发生了
But then it happened to the 25th flight.
三 二 一 发射
Three, two, one, and liftoff.
第二十五次航♥天♥班机的起飞命令已经下达并被执行
Liftoff of the 25th Space Shuttle mission and it has cleared the tower.
于是在第二十五次 航♥天♥飞机
So the 25th Space Shuttle mission is now on the way,
在被美航局延迟了无数次以后 终于得以开始执行任务了
after more delays than NASA cares to count.
事实上今早火箭差点就没能发射
This morning it looked as though they were not going to be able to get off.
1分15秒的时间里 它的航速到达2900英尺每秒
1 minute 15 seconds, velocity 2,900 feet per second.
海拔9海里 试验航向距离发射中心在7海里的范围内
Altitude 9 nautical miles, downrange just at 7 nautical miles.
我想告诉正在看这个航♥天♥飞机起飞直播
I want to say something to the school children of America
的美国学校的孩子们一些事
who were watching the live coverage of the Shuttle's takeoff.
我知道这很难理解
I know it's hard to understand,
但是有的时候事实就是 令人悲痛的事会发生
but sometimes painful things like this happen.
这是探索发现的过程中的一部分
电影精选列表