那种会来地球抢占土地和资源并且发动战争的外星生物体
is organisms that eventually try to grab land and resources and go to war,
火星一度让我们感到害怕
Mars used to frighten us.
欢迎来到火星
Welcome to Mars.
有无数的电影 电视剧 故事
There's a whole endless string of movies and television shows and stories
是关于外星人和外星生命的
about aliens, alien life.
计划如下 滚去火星
Now, this is the plan: get your ass to Mars.
当人们听到火星这个词
When people hear the word "Mars",
他们会联想到科幻小说 或是谈论火星人和火星的科学怪人
they think of science fiction, of geeks talking about Martians and Mars.
但等到我们真正登上火星 一切就会改变
And as soon as we go there and there's humans there, that changes.
这不再是科幻小说了 而是我们现在真真切切在做的事
This is not science fiction. This is now something we do.
这是我们生活的一部分 这是现实
This is part of life. This is real.
我没想到火星救援能受到大众主流群体的喜爱
I had no idea that The Martian would have mainstream appeal.
我从未想过
It never even occurred to me.
我以为我的阅读受众是那些小众的宇宙狂热爱好者们
I thought I was writing it for this tiny niche audience of hardcore space dorks.
我们很久以前就爱上火星了
We fell in love with Mars a long, long time ago
我们现在的目标是成为火星的一部分 住在火星上
and our goal now is to be a part of Mars, is to live on Mars.
像登上火星这么艰难的事并不是自然而然就会实现
Doing something as hard as going to Mars doesn't just happen.
你需要各个方面都水到渠成
You need like a perfect storm in many ways.
你需要合适的时机 合适的资金支持
You need the right moment with the right funding,
以及合适的人选
with the right people or person.
韦纳 冯 布劳恩是一位著名的德国科学家
Wernher von Braun is a famous German scientist
他采取了用液态燃料助燃火箭的方法
and he took these ideas about how to operate liquid-fueled rockets
研制出了超级宇宙飞船
and he made these extraordinary spacecraft
并进一步将人类送上了月球
that went on to put humans on the Moon.
韦纳 冯 布劳恩 当他设计
Wernher von Braun, when he designed
并建构阿波罗计划时
and built the Apollo program,
在他脑海里 却早已超越了这个计划
in the back of his mind already, he was way past Apollo.
他和他的团队在商讨 我们如何才能登上火星
He and his team were talking about: how do we get to Mars?
我们深知亨茨维尔是我们背后坚实的依靠
We knew that the city of Huntsville was solidly behind us,
再加上你们源源不断的支持
and with your continued support
我们将会乘着可重复使用的运载火箭
I will see you back in orbit with that new space station,
到达新的太空站 补给后重新回到轨道
to which we will all ride in the reusable launch vehicle,
或许有一天 我们就能将人类送上火星
and maybe one day we'll have a man on Mars.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
# 让我们聚在一起 听我唱一首韦纳 冯 布劳恩之歌♥ #
# Gather round while I sing you Of Wernher von Braun #
# 一位识时务为俊杰的大人物 #
# A man whose allegiance Is ruled by expedience #
# 叫他纳粹 他也毫不皱眉 #
# Call him a NazI He won't even frown #
# 冯 布劳恩这样说道 #
# "Nazi-schmatzie" says Wernher von Braun #
冯 布劳恩曾是个纳粹
Von Braun was a Nazi.
他曾加入过党卫军
Von Braun was in the SS,
那个纳粹党里令人不寒而栗的部门
which is the dreaded element of the NazI party.
冯 布劳恩还曾是希♥特♥勒♥的最高武器研制人员
And von Braun was Hitler's top weapons maker.
正是这样一个从事过黑暗可憎事业的男人
From a man who held a dark and hateful cause,
他为美国研制出了导弹
came a missile that gave America
成为美国历史上最鼓舞人心的大事之一
one of its greatest historical inspirations.
所以说韦纳 冯 布劳恩是一个毁誉参半的人
So Wernher von Braun is...a mixed bag.
# 一旦火箭上天了 #
# “Once the rockets are up #
# 谁还管它们落在哪 #
# Who cares where they come down?" #
# 这不归我部门管 韦纳 冯 布劳恩这样说道 #
# That's not my department", Says Wernher von Braun #
- 你拧紧阀门了吗 - 拧紧了
- You tightened the valves? - It works.
哥们 我只要切下其中一个 就必须得切下另一个 对吗
Dude, wherever I cut one I should cut the other, right?
对
Yeah.
你认为怎么样 一 二 三 四 五 六
So what do you say? One, two, three, four, five, six.
六个一组向上串连怎么样
How about six runs up and six runs up?
一 二 三 四 所以第四个应该向下
So it's one, two, three four. So it's the fourth one down.
如果将古怪和炫酷两者相结合 那可能就是我的标签了
If you could combine nerdy and cool, I hope you could get something like me.
进展如何
How's it going?
进展缓慢 如你所见 美工刀打滑了两次
It's a little rough. The X-Acto knife slipped twice, as you can see.
- 用强力胶带绑一下就行 - 给 用这个好一点的胶带吧
-Just got little duct tape bandages. -Here, use better duct tape.
对 有道理
Yeah, that's a good point.
古怪这一性格近几年来一直受到苛评
Nerdiness has kind of taken a bad rap over the years.
现在古怪就是最新的炫酷
And nerdy is the new cool.
但炫酷并不意味着你要开始穿乔丹鞋之类的
But that doesn't mean you have to start wearing Jordans or anything.
但我觉得鸡蛋应该在隔间里立起来
But I feel like the egg should be standing up in the compartment, though.
- 它会的 - 我是指直立
- It will. - Like standing vertically.
- 我知道 - 好的
- I know. - All right, cool.
我希望有一天我能竞选公职 在华盛顿工作
I'm hoping one day to run for office and work my way up in Washington,
然后就可以给NASA提供它所需要的资金
and ultimately get NASA the funding it needs
来完成伟业 比如说登陆火星
to, you know, do these great things like go to Mars.
我觉得我们折叠时 要用一种确保它能展开的方式
We usually just, I think we should fold it in a way that it will definitely deploy.
制♥作♥火箭模型对于团队来说是个很棒的挑战
The model rockets is a good challenge for the group.
当然 火箭技术是与NASA直接相关的
Of course, rocketry is directly connected with NASA.
要我说 模拟制♥造♥火箭最棒的地方就在于
So the awesome thing about rockets, I'd say,
他们把爆♥炸♥物
is that they're handing explosives
以及一大批火♥药♥给青少年们
and a whole bunch of, like, firing power to teenagers.
并对我们说 拿去吧 去做火箭 让火箭上天
And they're like, "Here, go make it, go up into the air
如果爆♥炸♥了 就尽情享受乐趣吧
and if it explodes, have fun with it."
所以 没错 我一定会好好享受的
So it's, like, yeah, I'm definitely going to do this.
我们得找到一个让它与火箭分离的方法
We're gonna have to find a way for it to disconnect
同时还得保证发射线留在箭身内
while keeping the shot cord inside of the body...
- 对 当然 - 我们得找到某种方法
- Yeah, definitely. - Somehow...
我很享受造火箭
I enjoy building rockets.
今天晚些时候 我们就会发射自己的火箭 里面载着我们的宇航蛋埃格伯特
Later today we are launching our rocket with our eggstronaut Egbert in it.
各种想法相互碰撞 一起来建造火箭的过程就已经非常有趣了
And it has been so much fun just building it and tossing around ideas.
在边缘涂上热胶 把它粘在下面
Put the hot glue on the edges of these and stick it down.
从建造这些火箭模型上能学到的两样东西
The two things you're learning from these model rockets
就是宇航员的生存能力以及航♥空♥动力学
is crew survivability and aerodynamics.
其他都是完整的 我们不能让这东西缠绕起来
Everything else is intact. We just can't get this stuff tangled up.
因为只要这个缠绕起来了 我们就基本完蛋了
Cause as soon as this gets tangled, we're kind of done.
- 让我们来看看这次降落怎么样 - 睁大眼睛看好了 科学怪才们
- Let's see how this drop goes. - High check, science geeks.
很棒
Very nice.
必须得确保你的宝贝运载物安然无恙
You have to keep your precious payload alive,
同时也希望它能以美丽的抛物线轨迹划过天空
and you want it to pierce through the air in a beautiful parabolic trajectory.
哇
Ooh!
相当契合
That fits there really well.
眼观大局很重要
It's really important that we see the big picture.
保证整个系统 包括我们的宇航蛋
It's important that the whole system, including our eggstronaut,
安全可靠
are safe and reliable.
不不不 这说明我们还剩250
No, no, no. That means we have 250 left.
这样我们就还剩150
And then we have 150-- - 150 left.
我们花100在动力管上 这样就还剩下50
And then we just used 100 for the motor tube. So we would have 50.
在我们的工程项目中 他们给了我们一笔预算资金
In our engineering challenges, we're assigned a budget for what we do
你花的钱不能超过这笔资金
and you can't overspend it.
有的时候你的资金甚至让你无法开展项目
And sometimes you don't even have enough to begin with.
各位 我们在第一项物品的价格上出现了一些问题
Dude, we made a mistake for the first item.
这不是150 而应该是200
This 150 is actually 200.
所以我们现在只剩100了
So then now we're left with 100.
在现实生活中人类常会受限于各类资金限制
The money is a big constriction for humans in real life.
所以美国宇航局决定也给我们设定资金限制
So, they decided to make it a constriction for us, too.
我们已经花了多少钱了
How much money have we spent?
杰斯 我需要把这些粘在一起 对吗
Jace, I'm gonna go glue these together, OK?
他们设了一个限度来告诉我们
They put a limit on it to say,
听着 我们不可能把所有的材料都给你们
"Hey, we're not gonna give you all the materials,
因为如果我们把材料都给你们了 你们就会毫无节制了
because if we give you all the materials, you could do so much."
所以这些火箭引擎的工作的原理是向下助推
So the way these rocket engines work is it propels downwards.
当我们展开它时 降落伞就会打开
When we deploy it, the parachute's gonna unfurl
它就会像这样飘下来
and it's gonna float down like this.
我们的宇航蛋也会安然无恙
And our egg's gonna survive.
大家干得不错 这次进展很大
Good stuff, guys! This was a productive session.
勇往直前
Ballin' till we drop!
V2火箭是由韦纳 冯 布劳恩
The V2 rocket was built by Wernher von Braun
和他的工程师团队建造的
and his team of engineers.
它没有确定的攻击目标
It hits randomly.
你并能确定它会攻击什么 它会杀死什么
You don't really know what you're hitting, what you're killing,
或是它会毁灭什么
what you're destroying.
这就是V2
That was what the V2 did.
V代表着复仇
The "V", for goodness' sake, stood for "Vengeance".
这个武器的诞生是源于有人耍性子
It was the weapon that resulted from a tantrum,
是希♥特♥勒♥发脾气的产物
in this case the tantrum of the führer.
他想要回击 就像所有失败的人都会做的那样
He wanted to lash back, as all losing causes do.
电影精选列表