on their way to go boldly where no man has ever gone before.
来吧
Let's do this!
探索精神完全是种在我们的DNA里的
Exploration is absolutely embedded in our DNA.
若是爬到了这座山 我们会迫不及待地期待下一座山的模样
If we are on this hill, we want to know what's on the next hill.
总是难以抑制
We cannot help ourselves.
我们没有任何理由不去追随血液里的冲动
There's no reason for us not to surrender to that impulse.
火星上的第一步不会只是一个让本国骄傲的瞬间
The first steps on Mars won't just be a national moment of pride,
而是整个人类世界的共同骄傲
but really a worldwide moment of pride,
从根本上 我觉得 以一个好的方式燃烧探索的热情
and ultimately, I think, kicks off this sense of exploration on the right foot,
这样更是为一个全球瞩目的事业做贡献
of one that is as an entirely global experience.
我相当确信
I have good evidence
太空其实牵住了所有人类的心魂
that space matters to the hearts and minds of people.
我觉得 那漆黑的星空 那广阔的宇宙
There's something special, I think, about the night sky
一定有特殊的东西存在其中
and about the universe
一定有生命体与我们共同存在
that lives within us.
每一个人一定都会有两个问题
There are two questions that get everybody.
第一个问题是 我们从哪来
The first one is: where did we come from?
我们究竟是从哪里来的 我们是怎么到这个星球上的
Where did we all come from? How did we get here?
还有另一个问题是 宇宙中真的只有我们存在吗
And the other question is: are we alone in the universe?
如果我想要寻找外星生物存在的证据
If we were to discover evidence of life,
或者我们仍然陌生的火星 如今还有生命存在
or stranger still, something alive on Mars today,
这绝对会改变人类历史的进程
it would change the course of human history
有力地回击过去天文学所不赞同的理论
in the same way astronomy has humbled us in the past.
地球并非平面
The Earth is not flat.
我们也不是宇宙的中心 太阳才是
We are not the center of it. The Sun's the center of it.
等等 太阳也不是宇宙的中心
Wait! The Sun's not the center of it.
我们的太阳只是银河系中的小小一粟
We're just one more sun in this galactic disc.
我们也不是唯一的星系 我们绝对不是任何的唯一
And we're not the only galaxy! We're not by any means!
我们恰好落在了看不见一众同伴的地方而已
We're just these specks on a speck orbiting specks in specklessness.
我们什么都不是
We're nothing.
是的 我们明白这些
Yet, we can understand that.
人类存在不过数十万年
Humans have lived a thousand centuries so far.
这个世纪是我们突然产生要去火星想法的一个世纪
This century is the first time where suddenly going to Mars is an option.
我觉得有一整代向往太空
I think it's awesome that we have an entire generation of people
向往火星 向往STEM的人们
who want to go to into space, who want to go Mars,
这超级酷
who want to be STEM fluent.
但是我可以确信 倘若在教育的另一端
But I can tell you that all of that will fall on fallow soil,
人们没有使命感
if there isn't some big mission
向广大人群输出巨大的能量和激♥情♥
on the other side of that educational pipeline
一切的风潮也只能尘归尘 土归土
where they can apply this energy and this enthusiasm.
我们的使命就是为年轻人的想象里
It's our duty to breathe life and fire
增添热烈生活的激♥情♥
into the imagination of these young people
所以他们会说 是的 我的梦想是成为一名宇航员
so they will say, "Yes! I want to become an astronaut!
我想要探索外太空
I want to explore outer space!"
我们真正的舞台 是在群星之中
Because our true place is among the stars.
哇 我们要着陆了
Wow, we're landing.
我们着陆了 同志们 我们着陆了!
We're landing. Guys, we're landing.
我们他妈的已经在火星上着陆了!
We are frickin' landing on Mars right now.
老兄 老兄 我们刚刚着陆了!
Dude, dude, dude. We just landed.
我们到火星了
We're on Mars.
我希望我们这代人能被定义为火星一代
I hope that my generation will be defined by Mars.
我简直不能想到一个更好的替代了
I can't think of a better thing to be defined by!
我们这一代有人能够从飞行器里走出
Somebody from my generation will step out of the lander
并且在火星的土壤上印下自己的脚步
and put their footprint down in the Martian soil.
如果要我说的话 这绝对是一个了不起的经历
If I could contribute to that in any way, it would be an amazing experience.
那一天会永远篆刻在历史中
This date will go down in history.
在183天的漫长航行后
After a long 183-day journey,
6位美国人最终踏出了全能着陆舱
six Americans have finally exited the all-terra lander
在火星的红色土壤上踩下了他们的航♥空♥靴
and put their boots in the red Martian soil.
我们就是 火星一代
The Mars Generation is...us.
探索精神自始至终都种在我们的DNA里
Exploration is ingrained within our DNA.
人类 想要的是探索宇宙
Human beings, they want to learn about the cosmos.
而目前我们所知不过寥寥
We know so little about space.
还有数不尽的事要去做 数不尽的知识要去探索
There's so much to do and so much to learn.
而我每一件都想要去做
And I want to do it all.
比如 你能想象到这里曾经一无所有吗
Like, can you imagine if there was just nothing else?
我们在此得到的所有收获便是要继续找寻
That we had found everything there is to find?
不然生活会多无聊啊
Life would be so boring!
走吧 一起去火星
Let's go. Let's go to Mars.
已经过去够久了
It's been long enough.
现在我们需要的是全速前进 勇往直前
We need to go for it, full speed.
人类就需要去勇敢挑战一些事情
Because humans need to do significant things,
这才是我们人类存在的意义
because that's just how humanity is.
冲出地球 我们要一起去火星
We gotta get off this planet and we gotta land on Mars.
电影精选列表