火星是我们要探索的下一个地方
Mars is the next place that we should explore,
因为我们已经去过月球 火星就像是下一站
because we've already been to the Moon and Mars just seems like the next step.
我想测试一下面团 因为它能够吸收掉一些颜色
I want to test the pasta cause it could absorb some of the color.
我也是这么想的
That's what I'm thinking.
火星上有这么多酷炫的东西
Mars has so many cool things.
就像它有水资源以及存在着早已灭亡的
Like it has water and the possibility of old extraterrestrial life
地球以外的古老生命的可能性
that doesn't exist there anymore.
所以如果我们能解开这些谜题 那真是太了不起了
So it would be great to see if we could find some answers to all of that.
- 我想可能先是碎石 然后木炭 - 再往上是氨 最后是沙子
-I think maybe gravel and then charcoal. -And then ammonia and then sand.
看它的颜色
Look at, look at the color in this itself.
实际上并没有保留任何水分
It doesn't actually retain any of the water.
现在我们在过滤水 所以我们拿着这超复杂的混合物
Right now we're filtering water. So we have this terrible mix of water.
这液体的颜色好像接近PH值3
It's got like a pH of three.
这已经不是水了 更像是一种毒药
It's not even water. It's just like poison.
他们示意我们要拿着这水自己进行过滤
They hinted that we are going to take this water, make our own filters,
然后喝了它
and then drink it,
希望这水不至于毒死我们
and hopefully it's not terrible and kills us.
老天保佑我们不要就这么挂了
That'd be very much appreciated if we don't die from it.
以前我们常用这种充水囊来运输水
Water used to be delivered in water-filled bags like this one.
但自打2010年后 我们安装的新系统便可以及时提供净水了
But since 2010, we got a system onboard that can purify the water real time.
里边有过滤器和一个微型蒸馏器
We have filters and a keg-size distiller
有了它 我们每年就可以循环净化出6000升水了
that, with it, we can recycle about 6,000 liters of extra water each year.
现在我们拿的是酸性水
Right now, we're holding acidic water.
希望青豆这种碱性物质
And our hopes are that lima beans are basic
能够把这杯粘稠物里的酸性中和掉
and will counteract the acidity in this disgusting mess.
我们反复地把液体浇淋过青豆
We're running it through the lima beans three times,
然后我们再测试其PH值
and then we're gonna test the pH afterwards.
运气好的话 水的酸性会比起初弱一些
By some miracle, the water will be slightly more basic than we started out.
这一点我很看重
I actually care a lot about this.
我认为纯净水或许算是目前最重要的东西了
I feel like clean water is probably the most important thing ever.
至少在地球上
Just because, at least here on Earth,
我们依然还有超过10亿人无法获取纯净的水源
we still have over a billion people who don't have access to clean water.
PH值差不多接近4 标准的酸性水
I want to say four. That's a solid acidic of four.
这么短的时间里我们却能够完成这么多事
We can accomplish so much in such little time,
就像当初登月一般
like landing on the Moon.
人们得明白 火星之旅绝对会是一个耗资巨大的项目
People need to understand going to Mars, it's gonna be an expensive mission.
但我们现在所努力研发的技术
But the technologies that we'll develop from that itself
值得这些投资
will pay off all that cost
因为它会激发更多的新兴技术和新兴行业来推动经济发展
because it'll pump new technologies and more industries into our economy.
大多数人其实不了解美国国家航♥空♥航♥天♥局(NASA)
Most people don't realize how much NASA
究竟为人类和社会做了多少贡献
has done for us and for our society.
我们现如今的生活的方方面面
When you look at the lives that we live right now,
如果没有NASA 是不可能实现的
they wouldn't be possible without NASA.
计算机扫描 核磁共振以及我们苹果手♥机♥里的摄像头
CAT scans, MRIs, the small cameras in our iPhones.
所有这一切新事物都是从美国太空计划中衍生而来的
All of this has originated in our U.S. space program.
光是阿波罗计划
The Apollo program alone
就造就了现如今计算机的统治地位
was the reason computers took the advances to where they are.
因此如果我们要登陆火星 我敢肯定我们的技术水平将再攀高峰
So if we go to Mars, I'm sure we're gonna get tech advances
高到我们自己都难以衡量
in ways that we can't even fathom.
火星计划能给我们的回报之一就是对经济的刺♥激♥和增长
One of the things Mars can offer us is growth and stimulation of the economy.
人们不禁会问 太空计划究竟为我们做了什么
People say "What is the space program really doing for us?
我们花了这么多税在NASA项目上 有哪些回报
We spend all these tax dollars into NASA. What does it give us?"
太空旅行在投资上的
Space travel has one of the highest rates of return on money
回报率可以说是惊人的高
that we put into it.
太空计划的收益不仅限于覆盖了项目成本
The space program has more than paid for itself.
诸如远程通讯 网络 气候卫星这些
Telecommunications, the internet, weather satellites,
都是在外太空完成
all of it done in outer space.
事实上 如果你中止太空计划
In fact, if you shut down the space program,
整个人类都会倒♥退♥一个世纪
we would be hurled back almost a century into the past.
太空上的所有人 请注意
Everybody in space, please listen up.
无论何时进场着陆 无论是搬运什么货物
Whenever we approach whatever that payload is,
都务必装备好保护装置
we need to be wearing protective gear.
在取承载货物的时候
Make it very clear we will wear protective gear
一定要确保自己装备了保护装置
in the search for the payload.
我认为我们应当去火星 因为我们能
I think we should go to Mars because we can.
这一切都不是问题
We can do all these things.
我甚至都觉得之前 没去实在是可惜
And it's just, I feel like it's kind of sad that we haven't already.
因为我们已经发展出了能实现理想的科技
Because we have developed technologies to do things like this.
我们拥有足够的智慧
We definitely have the intelligence.
公众支持的缺失是最大的遗憾
The biggest thing we're missing is public support.
我要写点东西给你
I'm gonna write down some information for you.
如果他们要重启国际空间站 请给我张纸
If they have to do an ISS reboot... Get a piece of paper ready.
我认识一些人 他们认为NASA被封存了
I know people who think that NASA was mothballed.
NASA不存在了 无所作为了
NASA doesn't exist anymore. NASA's out of business.
这想法本身就是一种悲哀
That, in and of itself, is sad.
我们现在应该监测 舱压 氧气之类的数据
I think right now we should be monitoring, cabin pressure, O2, that kind of stuff.
我还需要医疗检查 做好万全准备
And I'm gonna be needing to do med checks soon, just to see.
好 使用所有计算机监测维生系统
All right. And use all the computers to monitor vital systems.
宇宙就在那里 它是一个横亘的存在
Space is always there. Space is a constant presence.
当人们问我 那是一个真实存在的东西吗
When people ask me, "Isn't that not really a thing anymore?
再也没人去太空了 听到这样的话我很震惊
We don't go to space anymore." I'm always taken aback.
让我觉得人们已经失去了人文精神
It makes me feel like people are losing touch with their human spirit.
是否有对机密物质的特征的进一步描述
Is there any information of what this confidential payload may look like?
我们所得到的信息指出它是并未验证的
The information we have is that it's experimental.
可以自主活动
It can pretty much go anywhere, do anything.
未被控制且十分危险
It is not contained and it is dangerous.
你要保护好自己 时刻警惕
You need to protect yourselves and be very careful.
我们去看看
We're on the look.
我们没有航♥天♥飞机
We don't have a shuttle.
我们现在没有办法自自主进入太空
We don't have any way to get to space ourselves right now.
但是我是相信美国太空系统的 它是有实力的
But I do believe that the U.S. space system, it's still a force.
关于太空探索的国家计划
I know there have been a number of questions raised
人们存在着一系列疑问
about my administration's plan for space exploration,
这些问题恰好处于政♥府♥过渡期
and these questions come at a time of transition.
为了能到达空间站
And in order to reach the Space Station,
我们会和越来越多的私人企业合作
we will work with a growing array of private companies
致力于使太空探索项目更加经济而简便
competing to make getting to space easier and more affordable.
美国下一任总统任期期间
The next President of the U.S.,
将会有两家美国公♥司♥ 波音公♥司♥和太空探索技术公♥司♥
they will have two American companies, Boeing and SpaceX,
从太空口岸出发
that will launch from the space coast
发射第一艘商业载人飞船
carrying the first-ever commercial crew vehicles
把美国宇航员送上国际空间站
that are gonna carry Americans to the International Space Station.
通过购买♥♥太空运输服务
By buying the services of space transportation,
而不是购买♥♥宇宙飞船本身
rather than the vehicles themselves,
无疑能让我们加速创新的进程
we can accelerate the pace of innovations,
作为企业 无论是杰出新秀还是行业领头人
as companies, from young startups to established leaders,
从设计 建造到发射 相互竞争
compete to design and build and launch
寻找新的载人方式和新材料
new means of carrying people and materials out of our atmosphere.
人类如果拒绝相互合作
We cannot do deep space exploration,
深空探索根本不可能实现
particularly with humans, without these partnerships.
他们正将我们的宇航员送上国际空间站
They're carrying our astronauts to the International Space Station.
所有的这些 都是为了未来登上火星做准备
And all of this is in preparation for, or as a part, of the journey to Mars.
我们期盼着新的宇宙飞船的设计能够适合远途旅程
We expect new spacecraft designed for long journeys
让我们能够超越月球到达宇宙更深处执行载人任务
to allow us to begin the first-ever crewed missions beyond the Moon into deep space.
探索 会在下一代人的心中种下奇迹的种子
Because exploration will once more inspire wonder in a new generation.
SLS太空发射系统
The SLS Space Launch System
是一种将人发射到太空的新方式
is a new way for people to get to space.
宇宙还有很多值得探索的地方
There's a lot more of space to explore,
在这个过程中我们也会不断进步
and a lot more to learn when we do.
太空发射系统是太空总署的新型火箭
The Space Launch System is the new rocket for the agency.
能带我们去火星 去深空
It can take us to Mars. It can take us to deep space.
我们将会有史上最大 动力最强的火箭
We're gonna have the largest, most powerful rocket ever known to man.
我认为任何在建项目
I don't think there is another vehicle on the drawing board
都不能媲美SLS强大的能力
that matches the capability that SLS has.
NASA登陆火星的计划
The way NASA is planning on getting to Mars
就是采用SLS太空发射系统的火箭
is using the SLS Space Launch System rocket.
SLS载人太空舱会飞向太空
The SLS crew compartment will go to space.
在顶端的猎户座太空舱
And then the Orion capsule, which will be on top,
则会分离并朝着火星轨道前进
will separate and start heading towards the trajectory of Mars.
你会发现猎户座载人舱
When you look at the Orion crew module,
电影精选列表