with some of your interior decorator friends.
你需要休息
Hmm. You do need a break.
先等这疯子被绞死吧
Not until I see this lunatic hang.
我以为你不赞成死刑
I thought you didn't believe in the death penalty.
你看太多电视了
You've been watching too much TV.
开膛手理论与嫌犯 布鲁斯列斯特
明天还要一起见这位作者吗?
Still meeting this Ripper author with me tomorrow?
那家伙?能干嘛?
What, that guy? What's the point?
我们知道一切有关开膛手杰克的案情
We know everything about what Jack the Ripper did.
被害人姓名 地点 时间和手法 我们不认识他
Names of victims, where, when, and how. We don't know him,
他是谁
who he was.
根本没有他 钱德勒 开膛手从未被捕
There is no him, Chandler. The Ripper was never caught.
但我们知道所有嫌疑者的姓名
Yeah, but we know the names of all the main suspects.
我猜这个疯子在模仿其中一人
It's my guess this lunatic is emulating one of them.
我要怎么跟史密斯说?
What do I tell Smith?
都别说
Nothing.
杀手的下一步
该死
Shit.
你走漏消息
You leaked it.
-注意态度 警探 -脚印
Watch yourself, Detective. That footprint
可能是那个杀手不知道
was probably the only piece of information
我们拥有的唯一资讯
the killer didn't know we had.
我们还有什么其他…
I mean, how else are we...
牵涉到许多因素 威尔肯森
There are other factors involved here, Wilkenson,
是你所不知道的
that you don't know about.
本市陷入歇斯底里
The city is in hysterics.
市民想知道我们有进展
The public wants to know that we're making progress.
我们是要抓人 还是搞公♥关♥?
Are we trying to catch this guy, or run a PR campaign?
我所知道的唯一进展
Because the only progress I see
就是害更多人被杀
is towards more people getting killed.
结果显示我犯了许多错误
It turns out I've made a great many mistakes.
阿朗索·罗德里格兹不该被处死
Alonzo Rodriguez's execution should never have happened.
因为加州法律对死刑案件所赋予的举证责任太轻?
Because the burden of proof in California death penalty cases is too relaxed?
不只是加州
Not just California.
你们看
Look.
多少已定罪案件因新DNA证据被推♥翻♥
How many convictions have been overturned based on new DNA evidence?
你们看 曼宁疯了
Check it out. Manning's lost it. It's not that I think
我不认为连环杀手不该死…
serial killers don't deserve to die...
死刑的前提是基于司法系统不会犯错
The death penalty, it presupposes the infallibility of a judicial system
但错误是经常发生的
where mistakes are made all the time,
意谓着无辜的人还是会枉死
and that means that innocent people will continue to die.
阿朗索·罗德里格兹是其中之一
Alonzo Rodriguez was one of them.
我为该案付出的代价是 它会让我良心不安很久
My part in that is something I'm gonna have to live with for a long time.
警探
Detective! Detective.
谣传你已被革职 洛城警方已经接手本案
Rumor has it that you've been fired, and that LAPD has taken over the case.
真的吗?
Is that true?
事情不会永远像表面那么单纯
Things aren't always as simple as they seem.
乔 马尔科姆有点怪怪的
Joe, there's something odd going on with Malcolm.
-我想他… -等等
I think he... Wait, hold on.
谁是马尔科姆?
Who's Malcolm?
我们的房♥客
Our lodger.
好了 该死 拜托别再装了
All right, God damn it, please, just cut the crap.
不 乔 听我说
No, Joe, listen.
不 闭嘴 你听我说
No, stop it! You listen.
后面没有人住
There is no one back there.
胡说 你…
Don't say that. You...
-好吧 起来 -听我说
Okay. All right. Get up.
起来 真的被你烦死了
Listen, listen. Get up! I'm so sick of this!
他出去了
He's gone out!
来
Come on, come on!
不 等一下
No! Wait!
答应我 如果那里没人 你就不要再说废话
Promise me! Promise me you'll stop this nonsense if there's no one there!
-他出去了 -答应我
He's out! Promise me!
-好 -说出来“我答应”
Yes. Say it! Say, "I promise."
我答应
I promise.
里面有人吗?
Is anybody in there?
里面有人吗?
Is anyone in there?
没有
No.
没人在里面
There's no one in there.
乔
Joe!
我是阿曼达 我不在 请留言
It's Amanda. I'm not in. Please leave a message.
阿曼达 甜心 我是爸爸
Amanda, honey, hi, it's Dad.
抱歉这么晚打来
Sorry I'm calling so late.
希望你会回电♥话♥
I hope you can call me back,
因为我很想见到你
because I'd really love to see you.
我知道我对你和你妈没有善尽责任
I know I haven't been there much for you or for your mother,
你一定知道我昨天有去诊所看妈妈
but I'm sure you know I went to the clinic yesterday and saw Mom.
看到我她不太高兴 但她气色不错
She wasn't too happy to see me, but she looked good.
看到她我很高兴
Well, I mean, it was good to see her.
或许我们可以一起去…
Maybe we could go over there together and...
密件
可能嫌犯 钱德勒曼宁
为什么曼宁在嫌犯名单上?
Yeah, why the hell is Manning's name on the suspect list?
哪时?
When?
他窃取证物
He steals evidence,
又叫你不要告诉任何人 为什么?
and then he asks you not to tell anyone
跟他说 桂格
Tell him, Gregor.
你们离开我的办公桌后 史密斯队长和内稽组人员又回来
After you left my desk, Captain Smith and the IA guys came back,
他们要我给他们看我在做什么
and they made me show them what I was doing.
有些网站你不会相信
Some of these sites you wouldn't believe.
这个网站luskfromhell.com
This site, luskfromhell.com,
“来自地狱”这个名字 出自1888年
it's named after the "From Hell" letter
开膛手写给乔治勒斯克的信
that the Ripper sent to George Lusk in 1888,
随函附有半颗凯萨琳艾道的肾脏
along with half of Catherine Eddowes' kidney.
他给你看过勒斯克信函 对吧?
He showed you the Lusk letter, didn't he, Detective?
他从罗德里格兹档案偷走的那封?
The one he took from the Rodriguez file?
总之 曼宁警探曾经登入
Yeah, well, anyway, Detective Manning was in the registry.
那又怎样?曼宁的理论是要找出
So what? Look, Manning's theory is to try to find out
杀手在模仿哪个原版开膛手嫌犯
which of the original Ripper suspects the killer is emulating.
然后可以预测他的行为
And then, we'll be able to predict his behavior.
到一些隐匿的开膛手网站找资料 是很好的研究
So, digging through some obscure Ripper sites is just good research.
我原本也这样想
That's exactly what I thought,
接着我又发现曼宁的足迹 涉及一些更小
but then I also found Manning's footprint in registries of some of the smaller,
更暴♥力♥的网站
more intensively violent sites,
他用化名登入
where he had logged in using an alias.
总之 诡异的是
Anyway, the weird thing is,
曼宁是某几个这类网站的常客
it turns out that Manning has been a regular on a couple of these sites
从97年初开始
since early '97.
大约是首两宗谋杀案前18个月
That is about 18 months before the first two murders.
也就是罗德里格兹被嫁祸那两宗
The ones Rodriguez was framed for.
意思是曼宁迷上开膛手这些东西多年了
And that means that Manning has been into this Ripper shit for years!
好 但这没有道理
Yeah, but that doesn't make any sense.
为什么他什么都没说?
Why wouldn't he have said anything?
因为他是他妈的疯子
Because he's a fucking lunatic, that's why!
我们相信七年前 曼宁设计陷害罗德里格兹
We believe Manning constructed the case against Rodriguez,
将首两宗谋杀案嫁祸给他
framing him for the first two murders seven years ago.
我们相信他现在又在设计嫁祸给他人
We believe now that he's setting up someone else to take the fall all over again.
我们调查了曼宁的过去 他吻合我们对嫌犯的侧写
We've done some digging into Manning's past. He fits the profile exactly.
什么侧写?孤独 压力大 婚姻出现问题的条子?
What profile? The lonely burned-out cop with marital problems?
不 根本是教科书典型
No, this is textbook.
他小时候在寄养家庭来来去去
In and out of foster homes as a kid,
家庭有问题 老婆自杀
troubled family life, suicidal wife,
忧郁症 无一不缺
depression, it's all there.
一半洛杉矶市民有这个问题 拜托好吗
You just described half of L.A., for Christ's sake!
曼宁根本不可能杀人
Look, there's not a chance in hell Manning killed anyone.
如果你对曼宁太过于同情 你最好现在说出来
If you are too close, Detective, you need to tell me now.
网络搜寻 开膛手杰克
(权威)普遍认定的被害人
玛丽·安妮可-1888年8月31日 安妮·查普曼-1888年9月8日
伊莉莎白·史崔德-1888年9月30日
出自侏罗纪科技博物馆
我们来这干嘛?
What are we doing here?
我不要史密斯看到我们见列斯特
I don't want Smith seeing us meet with Lester.
有趣
Interesting.
放轻松 他说四点 等他一下
Relax. He said 4:00. Give him a few minutes.