跟史崔德与艾道被谋杀三天前
That is word for word the same as the "Dear Boss" letter
开膛手寄出的“亲爱的老板”信件 一字不差
that the Ripper sent three days before Stride and Eddowes were murdered.
这里有足迹 警探
Got something here, Detective.
我知道
I know.
-看起来是10号♥鞋子 -嗯
Looks like about a 10. Yeah.
叫人群往后退好吗?
Will you get these people the hell back?
拍张照片
I want a photograph of that.
抱歉
Excuse me.
古怪
“古怪”?什么意思?
"Batty"? What does that mean?
不知道 但一定有意义
I don't know, but it sure as hell means something.
不是应该由鉴识组来做?
Hey, shouldn't we have forensics do that?
对 对 对
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
是剪刀剪的
It's been cut with scissors.
你怎么知道里面有那东西?
How did you know that was in there?
双尸命案发生那晚 一片凯萨琳艾道的围裙
A piece of Catherine Eddowes' apron was found on Goulston Street
在高斯登街被寻获
the night of the double Ripper murders.
被用来沾血迹写字 跟那边那个一样
It had been used to scrawl a message in blood, just like over there.
而且有目击证人
And there was a witness.
什么?
What?
艾道凶案
The Eddowes murder.
有个目击证人
There was a witness.
他多高?
How tall was he?
大约跟你一样
Well, he was maybe about your height.
白人 黑人 西班牙人?
Was he White, Black, Hispanic?
我只看到他的背影
I only saw him from behind.
天色太黑
It was just too dark.
他穿着深色长大衣
But he was wearing a long, dark coat.
而且他带着一个小小
Oh, and he was carrying a small,
黑色的袋子
black bag.
…一百多年前
...over 100 years ago.
传言甚嚣尘上 这宗命案的凶手
And speculation is growing that this may in fact be
与七年前日落大道两名妓♥女♥谋杀案
the same killer who murdered two prostitutes on Sunset Boulevard
可能是同一人
seven years ago.
如此即意谓洛杉矶郡警局与检方
Which would mean the L.A. County Sheriff's Office and District Attorney
错将阿朗索·罗德里格兹定罪行刑
may have wrongly convicted and executed Alonzo Rodriguez.
还要牺牲多少像阿朗索·罗德里格兹这种无辜的人
How many more innocent people like Alonzo Rodriguez must die
我们才会了解死刑本身即是个错误?
before we realize that it's the death penalty itself that's the mistake?
此刻 有六百人…
Right now, there are 600...
不 留下 外面一片混乱
No, stay. Stay. It's a zoo out there.
在加州监狱里等着被处决
...awaiting execution in California prisons,
其中一百四十人甚至不再有辩护律师
140 of whom no longer even have lawyers to represent them.
想想这些数据
Now, do the math.
更多无辜的人将死于这个古老的…
More innocent people will die because of this archaic...
这家伙故意煽动拉丁社区
This guy is intentionally stoking up the Latino community.
会乱一阵子
Things could get nasty for a while.
但他是对的
Yeah, but he's right.
-我错失了一件事 -什么?
I missed something. What?
门关上
Close the door.
这是什么?
What's this?
勒斯克信函?
The Lusk letter?
史崔德与艾道命案发生后
The one that the Ripper sent to George Lusk
开膛手寄给乔治勒斯克的信?
after the double murders of Stride and Eddowes?
刚收到?
Did this just come in?
在罗德里格兹档案里
It was in the Rodriguez file.
罗德里格兹?七年前的事
Rodriguez? That was seven years ago.
你记得调查局侧写员怎么说?
You remember what the Fed profiler said?
-记得 -她说对了
Yeah. Well, she was right.
罗德里格兹被捕后 我对媒体不假思索的说过
After we arrested Rodriguez, I made some offhand comment to the press
我们如何除掉了现代的开膛手杰克
about how we'd gotten rid of a modern day Jack the Ripper.
几天后收到这封信
A few days later, the letter arrived.
怪事年年有
You know, strange shit comes in here all the time.
我竟随手把它丢进档案
I just tossed it in the file.
我完全忘了
I completely forgot about it,
直到上星期 我们收到“亲爱的老板”那封信
until we received the "Dear Boss" letter last week.
我们不知道是来自同一人
Well, we don't know it's from the same guy.
不 我拿去外面检验过 墨水 纸张 字迹
No, I had it tested, outside. Ink, paper, handwriting,
-都一样 -你拿走
it's all the same. You took something
罗德里格兹档案里的东西去检验 没告诉任何人?
out of Rodriguez's file, tested it, and didn't tell anyone about it?
老天 你真的太稚嫩了
Jesus Christ, you are such a fucking rookie.
你认为一旦他们发现
How long do you think it would take
我们错失罗德里格兹案关键证据
for Smith and the Feds to move in here
史密斯和联邦调查局会多快来接手?
once they found out we'd missed key evidence on the Rodriguez case?
你看看这个
Take a look at this.
他比照原版开膛手被害人的遇害方式作案
He's been matching the original Ripper victim for victim.
只剩安妮·查普曼和玛丽珍凯莉
Just Annie Chapman and Mary Jane Kelly left.
如果我们不逮到这家伙 他会再杀两个女人
If we don't catch this guy, he's gonna kill two more women
然后呢?再失踪他妈的七年?
and then what? Disappear for another seven fucking years?
我们可能只有一 二个星期时间
We got a week. Maybe two, and that's it!
你认为史密斯会来帮我们抓这家伙?
You think Smith's gonna come in here and help us catch this guy?
这是什么?
Hey, what's this?
双尸命案现场的脚印
It's the footprint from the double murder scene.
是靴子
It's a boot, actually.
10号♥鞋 华盛顿州雷普特制鞋的产品
Size 10. Made by Raptor Footwear out of Washington State.
橡胶鞋底 十年前非常流行
Rubber sole. You could find these all over the place 10 years ago.
鞋底纹磨薄了
Tread's worn thin.
-喂? -曼宁警探
Hello? Detective Manning,
-市长找你 -嗨 比尔
I have the Mayor for you. Oh, hi, Bill.
麻烦来一趟市政厅
I need you to come down to City Hall.
好…
Yeah...
不 我过去
No, I'll be there.
…曼宁警探拔出他的警枪
...and that Detective Manning drew his service revolver
无端以威胁态度
and pointed it at the attendant
指着服务人员
in a threatening manner without provocation.
此外 曼宁警探有计划的排除
Further, Detective Manning has systematically excluded
局外勤务人员参与资讯网路
all outside agencies from the information chain
阻挠洛城警局与联邦调查局
in order to impede an independent review
对本案进行独♥立♥审查
of the case by the LAPD and the FBI in particular.
你从罗德里格兹档案拿走什么
Tell us what you took from Rodriguez's file.
胡说八道 拜托 比尔
All this is bullshit! Come on, Bill.
你看不出来史密斯想抢案子?
Can't you see Smith's just trying to weasel his way into this?
你要让他抢?
What, you're gonna let him?
威胁同事绝不是胡说 曼宁
Threatening a co-worker is hardly bullshit, Manning.
多年前内稽组就应该阻止你的牛仔作风
IA should have shut down your antiquated cowboy crap years ago.
你该休息一阵子 钱德勒
You're gonna have to take some time off, Chandler.
你终于找到借口了 比尔?
Oh, so I guess you found your scapegoat for this one, huh, Bill?
我们在此决议
It is our decision, therefore,
曼宁警探即刻起停职
that Detective Manning is hereby suspended
-等待心理评估 -少说废话了
pending psychological evaluation Fuck this shit.
…以及内稽组针对上述指控
and a more formal and comprehensive review
更进一步的正式审查
of these charges by Internal Affairs.
并且停薪
Without pay.
请稍等
Just a minute.
客房♥服务
Room service.
看看你
Look at you.
昨晚走过花♥园♥沾到泥巴
I got mud on them last night, walking across the garden.
我会拿去洗 抱歉
I cleaned them in the sink, I'm sorry.
老东西 谁在乎
Those old things, who cares?
我认得这件衬衫
I recognize that shirt.
对 很合身
Yeah, it fits perfectly.
如果没别的需要
Well, if you don't need anything else...
你在这啊
There you are.
你在这后面干嘛?
What are you doing back here?
洗你的靴子
I'm washing your boots.
史密斯一手导演的
Smith orchestrated this.
你要做什么?
So what are you gonna do?
不知道
I don't know.
我女儿不跟我说话
My daughter won't speak to me,
老婆不能跟我说话
my wife can't speak to me.
或许我们应该跟你那些
Who knows, maybe you and I should hang out
作室内装潢的朋友出去散散心