Earl, get outta here, will you?
嗨,约翰
Hi, Johnny.
他们不让我见你
You know, they wouldn't let me in to see you.
是啊
Yeah, sure, sure.
你今天穿什么衣服? 貂皮大衣还是海狸大衣?
What are you wearing today? Mink? Beaver, maybe?
怎么了?
Hey, what's the matter?
好好看看我吧, 这就是失败者的样子
Just take a good look. This is what a loser looks like.
我不介意你是什么样子
I don't care what you look like.
不介意?
You don't, huh?
你让别人来给你买♥♥单 你只是在利用我
You want the other guy to sign the cheques. You keep me around for kicks.
也许我可以当你的司机
Maybe I could be your chauffeur.
有钱的女人戏弄 司机的风流韵事多了
You know what they say about fancy dames and their chauffeurs, don't you?
约翰,我知道你的感受
Johnny, I know how you must feel.
我感觉很棒,我感觉自己很聪明
I feel great. I feel smart.
我要烧伤我的眼睛 才能看清你的真面目 我不是你的玩具!
I had to get my eyes boiled before I could see. I'm not a toy!
我不想被人愚弄…
I don't wanna be just something to do...
梦想着天上掉馅饼
Until something better comes along.
他都跟你说了些什么?
What has he been telling you?
谁?厄尔? 厄尔从不告诉我任何事情
Who? Earl? Earl never tells me anything,
只是,拳击手和斗牛士的事除外
except about boxers and bullfighters.
没准下次倒霉的 会是足球运动员
Maybe next time it'll be a football player.
你的伯朗宁一定是 一个通情达理的人
This Browning of yours must be a very understanding man.
约翰,我没有骗过你
Johnny, I never lied to you.
你骗不骗我有什么区别?
What difference does it make whether you lied to me or you didn't?
只要你相信的是他的支票本
As long as old faithful is there with his cheque book.
只要你能玩弄别人
As long as you could get your kicks.
你把我当成什么人了?
What do you think I am?
不知道? 去问问伯朗宁
You don't know? Then ask Browning.
他出钱,肯定知道
He oughta know. He's paying for it.
天啊
Oh, man.
我再也没有见过他
I never saw him again.
只是有所耳闻
I heard things.
他的体♥检♥没有过关
He never had a prayer passin' his physicals.
于是他改名换姓参加了一些比赛
So he bootlegged a couple of races under another name,
被逮住了
and they caught him.
听说他在业余比赛的工作站做事
I heard he worked the pits and cheap county fairs.
然后就没有了消息 直到今天
Then I didn't hear anything... Till today.
就这么多?
Is that all?
你说约翰死了 是怎么死的?
You said Johnny was dead. How'd he die?
约翰.诺斯被一个问题噎死了 很多问题
Johnny north choked to death on one question... too many.
你总得吃点吧,查理 -谢谢
You got to eat, Charlie. - Thank you.
知道人一天要吃多少蛋白质吗?
You know how many proteins you oughta have every day?
不是淀粉,是蛋白质 知道吃多少吗?
Not starch. Proteins, I mean. Do you know how many?
我们一无所获, 现在来到了佛罗里达
So we didn't find out anything. We're in Florida here, aren't we?
就在这里
Right here.
没准皮特会来电的
Well, maybe... maybe Pete'll call.
我们要放长线钓大鱼 我认识米奇.法默
It's a long shot. But I used to know Mickey farmer.
不,这是个死胡同,小李 来,要吃我的牛排吗?
No, I think we dead-ended, Lee. Here, do you want my steak?
好牛排 -好牛排?我们千里 迢迢来这里就是为了吃牛排
It's a fine steak.
Fine. We come 1,000 miles for a fine steak.
这牛排很好吃的 -好吃
It's a fine steak. - Fine.
打搅了,斯特龙先生 有您的电♥话♥
Excuse me, Mr. strom. I have a call for you.
好的 喂?
All right. Hello?
是的,皮特
Yeah. Yeah, Pete.
对,就是那个
Yeah, that's the one.
好的
Oh, good. Good.
不,我认为是同一个法默
No, no. I just thought it was the same farmer.
好的,伙计,谢谢了
Ok, buddy boy. Thanks.
米奇在新奥尔良开了一家健身房♥
Mickey's running a gymnasium up in New Orleans.
查理,如果他和百万巨款有关
Charlie, if he was in on a million-dollar job,
他可能会对我们不利的
he might give us some trouble, you know.
他了解我,以前我们合作过一次
He knows me. I had to lean on him once.
你全都认识,对吧?
You know 'em all, don't you?
不可能
You never know 'em all.
你可以吃光了这里所有的食物 但是,请你把我的牛排还给我
Hey, I bet you'd eat everything in the place. Give me my steak back.
查理,诺斯和他勾结的可能性很小
Charlie, there's only a slim chance north could tie in with him. You know that.
不管可能性大不大 ,我们都要查出来 - 为了百万巨款
Slim chance or no, we're gonna find out. - For a million bucks.
不,不仅是为了钱
No, it's not only the money.
我们可能找得到,也可能找不到
Maybe we got that and maybe we don't.
但是我一定要查出是什 么原因导致一个人等死
But I gotta find out what makes a man decide not to run.
查出他为什么突然间变得生不如死
Why all of a sudden he'd rather die.
吸气
Inhale down.
呼气
Exhale.
吸气
Inhale.
呼气
Exhale.
吸气
Inhale.
呼气
Exhale.
来回十次
Now do that for about ten counts.
伙计,你不需要练这个
Boy, you sure don't need that.
两位想健身吗?
Well, gentlemen, thinking of getting yourself in shape?
你们来对了地方
You certainly came to the right place.
拿您来说吧,你看起来有点贫血
Now, take you, sir. You look a little anaemic.
一两个月的常规训练…
A couple of months of regular exercise...
就能让你容光焕发
And you'll be in great condition.
你很会说话啊 - 米奇.法默
You talk a lot, don't you? - Mickey farmer.
不好意思,二位 健身生意不好做
Oh, excuse me, gentlemen, but this is a hustling business.
法默在里边蒸桑拿呢
Mr. farmer's in there, taking a steam.
有两位先生来找你,老板
A couple of gentlemen to see you, Mr. farmer.
什么事?不能等一下吗?
What's the matter? They can't wait?
好了,猛♥男♥,回去干活吧 -你好,米奇
All right, muscles, back to work. - Hello, Mickey.
怎么样,查理?好久不见啊 -是啊
What d'ya say, Charlie? Long time no see. - Yeah.
我马上就出来- - 坐好了
I'm just gettin' outta here in... - Sit right there.
别紧张,只是找你谈谈
Just relax. We wanna talk to you.
这是控制阀门吗? -是的,怎么了?
Is this the control for that thing? - Yeah. Why?
我们拜会了你的一个老朋友 他叫约翰.诺斯
We ran over an old friend of yours. Johnny north.
诺斯?我的朋友?
North? Friend of mine?
约翰.诺斯,以前是个车手
Johnny north. He used to drive.
对了,那个诺斯啊 现在我记起来了
Oh, yeah, yeah. That north. I seem to remember him now.
我只见过他一次 - 有意思
I think I met him once. - That's funny.
听说他携款潜逃
We heard he got away with a big bundle,
其中还有你的一部分钱
and we thought maybe some of it belonged to you.
你找到了? -你丢了吗?
Did you find it? - Did you lose it?
我们想了解一下这个大事
We wanna know all about the big job.
如果你不想在短时间里减肥, 你最好…
If you don't wanna lose a lot of weight in a hurry, you better...
伙计们,拜托,别闹了
Fellas, hey. Come on, huh? Please?
求求你们了!
Please.
求求你们了! -你参与过这个大案
Please! - You were in on the big job.
还有谁?
Who else?
有我,还有杰克.伯朗宁和…
Well, there was... there was me and there was... Jack Browning and...
乔治.弗莱明以及约翰.诺斯
George Flemming and... Johnny north.
诺斯有何打算? - 听我说
How'd north figure? - Hey, look.
我在这个案子里下了很大的功夫 如果我什么都告诉你们…
I worked hard on that job, you know. If I tell you everything...
米奇,你会什么都告诉我们的
Mickey, you will tell us everything.
杰克的情妇想让诺斯带她去…
Well, Jack... Jack's dame wanted him to take her to the...
赛场观战,就是老爷车比赛
To the track, you know, where these old heaps just bat each other around.
在远处的弯道,贝克先拔头筹
Baker's in front with number 32, Farnsworth, running second.
32号♥车手凡斯沃斯紧追其后
汉森位居第三,从后边冲上 来的是传教士车手!
Hanson is third. And coming up fast on the outside it's the preacher!
传教士真是厉害,后来居上
The preacher is hotter than a baker's oven, comin' in real hot.
现在到了第一个弯道 传教士扬长而去
Now into the turn... the first turn... The preacher goes high and wide.
慢着…哇! 内利!
Hold on and... whoa, Nellie!
撞上了护墙,传教士依然位居第四
Up to the wall and off, and the preacher's still in fourth place.
贝克又回到了领先的位置 在外圈追赶的是凡斯沃斯
Baker again in the chute. Driving hard on the outside is Farnsworth.
到了那边,他们还是紧追不舍
Coming into that wing, movin' in there tight.
传教士又追赶上来了
Pulling in there again, the preacher comes on.
贝克的车出故障了,他在发信♥号♥♥…
And it's baker coming down. Baker is signalling...
我真该在酒店里睡觉
I should've stayed in the hotel and slept.
新鲜空气对你有好处的,米奇 你的样子有点憔悴
Fresh air'll do ya good, Mickey. You look a little peaked.
我马上回来 -好的
I'll be right back. - That'll be nice.
杰克,我知道你喜欢她
You know, Jack, I know you got a real thing about her,
但是我才不会被女 人拉到这里来受罪
but there ain't a dame alive that can drag me to a mess like this.
她喜欢赛车 -我也是!
电影精选列表