不同于寻常的重罪犯
usual felon in a gross understatement.
他受过高等教育
He's well-educated...
有贤惠的妻子和家庭
has a loving wife and family,
有社会地位
is well-respected in the community.
不难想象到 在适当的时候
It's not inconceivable that, in due course...
他会当选阿彻·丹尼尔 斯米德兰的CEO
he could have been CEO of Archer Daniels Midland.
然而 法庭...
However, this court...
不能明确维塔科尔先生的
can find no clear connection between
躁郁症与
Mr. Whitacre's bipolar disorder...
他被指控的
and the 45 counts of criminal
四十五次犯罪行为有联♥系♥
misconduct he's been charged with...
一切只因贪念
just garden-variety greed.
我很难确定维塔科尔先生
It's very difficult to tell when
是否说了真话
Mr. Whitacre is telling the truth.
我认为发生的事不公平...
I don't think what happened is fair...
当你看着我跟米克和泰瑞比较时
when you look at me compared to Mick and Terry.
[2002年10月]
我是说 如果你去抢劫当地的杂货店
I mean, if you go and hold up your local grocery store...
你可能会坐五年牢
you get maybe five years in prison.
米克和泰瑞抢劫全世界的
Mick and Terry held up every grocery store
每间杂货店 判了三年
in the worid and they got three.
你告诉我 我判九年说得过去吗
So you tell me how it makes sense that I get nine.
当总统先生审核赦免请求时...
You should consider that, Mr. President...
再考虑这个情况
when reviewing this request for pardon.
我也想用这个机会...
I'd also like to take this opportunity...
代表自己和我妻子金吉尔
to apologize on behalf of myself and my wife,
向布莱恩·谢帕德特别探员道歉
Ginger... to special agent Brian Shepard.
他从未用公文包袭击过我或者让我毁坏录音带
He never hit me with a briefcase or told me to destroy tapes.
起诉他的主意是ADM内部的人出的
The idea to sue him came from someone inside ADM.
我不应该采纳 我甚至不记得是谁说的
I shouldn't have listened. I don't even remember who it was.
当我在ADM时 扮演了很多角色
While I was there at ADM, I lived so many lives,
真的不知道我是谁
I didn't really know who I was.
今天我更清楚我是谁
And I know today more who I am and
我真正需要的是设呢
what I really want out of life.
在监狱里我读完了三个硕士学位
I've completed three postgraduate degrees while in detention...
A J.D. 当然 是法学学位...
A J.D., which is, of course, a law degree...
另一个是挑选陪审团的心理学
another advanced degree in the psychology of jury selection.
这几年来 我在牢里睡得是最踏实的
I sleep better here in prison than I have in years.
我妻子金吉尔 已经原谅了我
My wife, Ginger, has forgiven me.
实际上结婚20多年 她相信
She actually believes that this incident with ADM...
这件事让我们走得更近了
brought us closer together in a marriage of over 20 years.
我希望您能允许我离开这里...
And I hope you'll allow me to leave here...
那样我就能和家人重聚
so that I can rejoin that life
我的三个孩子
with my family, my three kids...
其中两个是收养的
two of whom are adopted.
特别是鉴于
Especially in light of the fact that
由于我的部分证词...
in large part because of my testimony...
到今天美国政♥府♥
the united states government has
已征收大公♥司♥的
to date been able to collect...
垄断价格罚款
over one billion dollars in
超过十亿美元
price-fixing fines from big businesses.
就这些 谢谢
So that's it. Thanks.
祝赦免顺利 马克
Good luck with the pardon, Mark.
谢谢鲍勃 为帮助我恢复记忆表示感谢
Thanks Bob. Thanks for helping me remember everything.
希望布莱恩也会来
I wish Brian could have come.
-他还是很生气 -是的
- Well, he's still pretty angry. - Yeah.
告诉他我很抱歉 会转告吗
Well, tell him I'm real sorry. Will you do that?
当然 马克
Sure, Mark.
讽刺的是如果我不去做间谍
The irony is if I hadn't gone undercover...
我永远不会盗取这一千五百万美元
I never would have stole the 11 and a half million.
这是我的出路
It was my way out.
我的遣散费 我还能做什么
It was my severance. What else was I gonna do?
我必须写我自己的
I had to write my own.
工作细节
Work detail.
再见 鲍勃
See you, Bob.
-一千五百万 -什么
- Eleven and a half million? - What?
我以为是九百五十万
I thought it was nine and a half.
-我刚说了什么 -你说一千五百万
- What did I say? - You said 11 and a half.
你知道ADM的人认为我是内鬼
You do know that the people at ADM think you were the mole.
你放了病毒 后来又清除了病毒
That you planted the virus, then made it go away.
一千五百万关系到利益
The 11 and a half is with the interest.
马克 到底是九百五十万还是一千五百万
Mark, is it nine and a half or 11 and a half?
我不知道 鲍勃
I don't know,.
你告诉我
You tell me.
[根据联邦调查局 美国税务局的调查
ADM决定对全部有争议的资金负有责任]
[维塔科尔最终承认贪污是他个人的想法]
[民事赔偿和政♥府♥罚款 ADM支付超过五十亿
公♥司♥管理层已更新]
[米克·安德里亚斯和泰瑞·威尔逊
被判三年有期徒刑 于2002年被释放]
[南卡罗来纳 埃奇菲尔德 2006年12月]
[马克·维塔科尔现在是赛普拉斯系统公♥司♥的
首席运营官和总裁]
[他没有得到总统的赦免]
电影精选列表