你了解你每天早上喝的橙汁吗
You know that orange juice you have every morning?
你知道它的成分吗
You know what's in that?
是玉米
Corn.
你了解你吃的薄煎饼上的糖枫汁吗
And you know what's in the maple syrup on your pancakes?
你知道是什么让它尝起来如此美味吗
You know what makes it taste so good?
是玉米 当你乖了想帮助解决垃圾的问题
Corn. When you're good and help with the trash
你知道是什么让大环保袋变得可降解吗
You know what makes the big, green bags biodegradable?
你知道吗
Do you?
是玉米
Corn.
玉米淀粉
Corn starch.
但爸爸的公♥司♥不提供那个
But daddy's company didn't come up with that one.
杜邦公♥司♥才那样做
Dupont did.
保时捷还是保士捷 两种念法我都听过
Porsche or porsche? I've heard it both ways.
三年前在德国
Three years in Germany
我就应该知道 玉米用德语怎么说
I should know. What's German for "corn"?
我最喜欢的德语单词
The German word I really like
是Kugelschreiber 就是钢笔
Is kugelschreiber. That's "pen."
用那么多字母仅仅为了表达钢笔的意思
All those syllables just for "pen."
阿彻丹尼尔斯米德兰
Archer Daniels Midland.
绝大多数人都不知道我们这公♥司♥
Most people have never heard of us.
但很有可能的是
Chances are,
他们吃的每顿饭都跟我们有关
They've never had a meal we're not part of.
读一读包裹旁边的字吧
Just read the side of the package.
那就是我们
That's us.
ADM公♥司♥现在正从玉米里提取葡萄糖
Now ADM is taking the dextrose from the corn
然后把它变成氨基酸
And turning it into an amino acid
也被称为赖氨酸 非常高科技
Called lysine. It's all very scientific.
如果你是股东
If you're a stockholder
你所要关注的就是玉米从这边进去
All that matters is corn goes in one end
利润从另一边出来
And profit comes out the other.
我们有世界上最大的赖氨酸车间
We have the largest lysine plant in the world.
我就是在那儿工作的
That's where I come in.
-科克 -马克
- Hey, Kirk. - Mark.
-我们什么时候去打球 -随时都行
- When are we gonna hit some balls? - Anytime.
他们是如何付给科克工资的
What do they pay Kirk?
那样的人能得到什么
What does a guy like that get?
我敢打赌他能拿十万美金
I bet he gets a hundred grand.
他就只是坐在桌子后面
He's just gonna sit behind that desk
虚晃度日
And ride it into the future.
早上好
Guten morgen.
-早上好 马克 -早上好
- Morning, Mark. - Morning.
赖氨酸的检验结果出来了
They have lysine results.
很好
Great.
我们再次调整了葡萄糖水平
We adjusted the dextrose levels again,
但病毒还是一直出现
But the virus keeps showing up.
我想我们这次到处都是问题
I thought we had it surrounded this time.
我们启用了一套新的工艺
We started a new set of cultures.
我们会搞明白 我们只需要在那之后停住
We'll get it. We just have to stay after it.
病毒吃了糖 我们给的糖
The things eat sugar and that's what we're giving them.
有糖 又温暖 简直就是病毒的天堂
A warm place filled with sugar.
那些该死的东西应该
The fucking thing is supposed to
每年产生113,000吨♥
Produce 113,000 tons annually.
我们还远远达不到这个数量
We're not gonna get anywhere close to that.
我们已经花了1.5亿在那上面 伙计们
We've got over $150 million in costs over there, guys.
那些日本人有这些问题吗
Do the Japanese have these problems?
我才不在乎那些日本人
I don't give a shit about the Japanese.
你得解决那些该死的赖氨酸问题
You've gotta get the goddamn lysine bugs
吃下那些葡萄糖就得给我们拉出钱来
To eat some dextrose and shit us out some money.
我们还有些病毒问题
We're having problems with this virus.
我不想听到病毒 这两个字
I don't want to hear about the virus.
我们每个月损失多少钱
How much are we losing a month?
大概是7百万
We are down like seven million per.
我们撑不了多久了
That's not gonna fly much longer.
你想下个月去告诉我父亲
You want to go there in next month tell my father.
这个项目 我们只能吃别人的剩菜了?
We're sucking the hind tit on this?
我是不会去的
I sure don't.
财富500强中我们排在第44位 马克
We're number 44 on the fortune 500 list, Mark.
我不想因为这个让我们掉到45位
I don't want this turning us into number 45.
搞定它
Fix it.
用腐烂的玉米喂鸡 鸡会生病
Feed a chicken corn and it gets sick,
就像发生在第一批居住者身上的事一样
Like what happened to the first settlers.
会得糙皮病 由于缺乏尼克酸
Pellagra disease. Ni会的acin deficiency.
还会患皮炎 运动失调 甚至是痴呆
Dermatitis, ataxia, even dementia.
用玉米和赖氨酸喂鸡
Feed a chicken corn and lysine and it
就会在六个月内通过鸡蛋
Goes from egg to supermarket fryer
到了超♥市♥的油炸锅里面
In six months instead of eight.
马克
Mark?
你在想什么
Where are you?
你看起来气色很好
Hey, you look great.
他们给马厩修了第一堵墙 看到了吗
They got the first wall of the stables up today. See that?
他们今天在培养液里面加了新的东西
You know they're doing a new thing in hydroponics?
他们现在正用赖氨酸来喂大虾
They're now feeding lysine to the jumbo shrimp.
你能想象吗
Can you imagine that?
你是一只大虾
You're a jumbo shrimp
某一天玉米还会飘着走过来
And one day some corn goes floating by.
你觉得那怎么样
What do you think about that?
很怪异 对吗
Weird, right?
在墨西哥有个空缺的职位
There's an opening in the plant in Mexico.
他们可能想让我去那解决一些问题
They might need me to go down and set some stuff up.
你觉得墨西哥怎么样
What do you think about Mexico?
我以为我们要买♥♥马了
I thought we were getting horses.
公牛
Toro.
西班牙斗牛士们都是这么叫牛的
That's what Spanish bullfighters say.
但日本人也是这样叫高端的金枪鱼寿司的
But it's also what the Japanese call the high-end tuna sushi.
公牛 生鱼片
Toro. Raw fish.
第一个做生鱼片的人是谁
Who went first on that one?
应该是一个没有烤炉的人
The guy without the grill.
我去过东京
I've been to Tokyo.
他们在自动贩卖♥♥机旁的要道上
They sell little-girl underwear
银座 或是其他什么地方
In the vending machines right on the
卖♥♥小女孩的内衣裤
Main drag, the ginza, or whatever.
穿西装的男士买♥♥女孩们穿过的内♥裤♥
Guys in suits buying used girl panties.
那怎么能行 那样不行
How is that okay? That's not okay.
有位麻衣先生
There's a mr. Nakawara calling
从味之素公♥司♥打来电♥话♥
From the Ajinomoto corporation.
他说你们认识 他要跟你通话
He says you know him and he needs to speak with you.
好的 把他接进来
Yeah, put him through.
是那个日本人
It's the Japanese. There's this guy,
名叫麻衣 在味之素公♥司♥工作
Nakawara. He works at Ajinomoto.
几周前他来过这儿 你见过他
He was here a couple weeks ago. You met him.
我一直在跟他谈 有时是在办公室里
I've been talking to him sometimes at work
但有时候也在家里
But sometimes from home
因为时差的原因
Because of the time difference.
米克 这人知道所有的事情 所有事
Mick, this guy knew everything. Everything.
他这样跟我说 五月六月和七月
He says to me, "hey, you know that total
你们碰了不少钉子吧
Nightmare you guys had May, June, July?"
那段时间ADM公♥司♥为赖氨酸生意
"Those months when ADM was losing $7
每个月损失7百万美元
Million a month in the lysine business."
米克 我无法相信
Mick, I couldn't believe it.
他还告诉我 我们一个拿高薪的雇员
He goes on to tell me that one of our highest-paid employees
实际上是味之素的员工
Is actually an employee of Ajinomoto,
他一直在破坏我们的车间
Who is sabotaging the plant.
他们往葡萄糖里面注入了病毒
They're injecting a virus into the dextrose
污染了所有的一切
And contaminating the whole deal.
这就是问题所在
That's the problem.
我告诉你 米克 就像是旭日
I'm telling you, Mick, it's like rising sun.
就像是克莱顿的小说 就像那样
It's like the Crichton novel. It's just like that.
我问他 你为什么要告诉我
I go, "Why are you talking to me?"
知道他怎么说吗
Know what he says?
是的 我知道他会怎么说
Yeah, I know what he says.
电影精选列表