谢谢 吉姆 可是...
Thanks, Jim, but...
我们要用别的方式
we're gonna go a different way.
伊夫林 什么
Evelyn? What?
[俄亥俄 拉文纳]
有一位来自华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥的记者
There's a reporter from the Washington Post.
问关于柯基的事
Has some questions about Corky.
记者
A reporter.
我是伊夫林·维塔科尔
This is Evelyn Whitacre.
你什么意思 收养
What do you mean, adopted?
作为他的母亲 我向您担♥保♥...
Well, as his mother, I can assure you...
我和我丈夫没有死于车祸
that my husband and I were not killed in a car accident...
马克也不是被有钱人收养的
and Mark was not adopted by wealthy people.
马克告诉人们我和你
Mark's been telling people that you and
死于车祸...
I were killed in a car accident...
他被有钱人收养了
and he was adopted by rich people.
你对这事有什么看法
What do you make of that?
这太奇怪了
That's kind of weird.
在康奈尔的时候 我在时代周刊上看到过相关研究
I read this study in Time Magazine when I was at Cornell.
很多人包括我母亲
There were people including my mother
从不相信我能进入...
who never believed I would make...
常春藤联合会大学
it into an Ivy League school. Maybe Ginger...
也许只有我在八年级时遇到的金吉尔相信
who I met in the 8th grade.
研究表示人们更同情
And the study said that people had nice, sympathetic feelings...
更同情被收养的孩子 对他们更好
about people who were adopted, and treated them better.
我编造了收养的事 人们确实对我更好了
So I made up this adoption story and people did treat me better.
当我得到工作 我的一位教授
When I got a job, one of my professors
告诉罗尔斯顿-普里纳的人
told people at Ralston Purina...
尽管我是被收养的
I was this guy that had accomplished
却是个学识渊博的人
all of this in spite of being adopted.
我的事真的是别人传出去的 不是我
So it was really other people who spread the story, not me.
我承认一开始就错了
I admit it was wrong to start it,
是别人在继续这个错误
it was other people who kept it going.
甚至是ADM的人
Even the people at ADM.
我的新律师明白了
My new lawyer sees that.
这要追溯到很多年前...
This all goes back many years...
在我们出生之前
before most of us were born.
这比我们任何人都强大...
It's bigger than any of us...
而且还在进行
and it's ongoing.
我知道你们很怀疑 但我都见过了
I know you're skeptical, but I've seen it.
我的委托人 马克·维塔科尔 给我看过了
My client, Mark Whitacre, has shown it to me.
或许我只是人身伤害诉讼律师
Maybe I am just a personal-injury lawyer
来自泰勒维尔 伊利诺斯州的乡下地方
from Taylorville, "nowhere" Illinois...
我要说的是...
but I tell you...
我知道幕后操纵者的身份
I know the identity of the master puppeteer.
-什么 -幕后操纵者
- The who? - The master puppeteer.
不是你们所认为的人
And it's not who you're thinking.
马克有录音带 政♥府♥不愿
Mark has tapes, tapes that the
让我们听到的录音带
government doesn't want us to hear.
包括了布莱恩·谢帕德的行为
Tapes that outline the actions of Brian Shepard...
当马克与政♥府♥合作时
who hit Mark Whitacre with a briefcase...
布莱恩用公文包袭击马克·维塔科尔
while Mark was cooperating with the government.
我的委托人有精神病医生的信
My client has a letter from his psychiatrist...
描述和认定布莱恩·谢帕德
outlining and confirming the cruelty
对他犯下的一系列残酷罪行
perpetrated on him by Brian Shepard.
精神病医生的信清楚的
A letter from his psychiatrist clearly
证明 我的委托人能免于一切罪名
exonerating my client from all wrongdoing.
"很明显在如何处理和对待你的问题上...
"It is obvious that the FBI made some grand mistakes...
联邦调查局犯了很多错误" 有个措辞
in how they handled and treated you." there's a phrase...
"很多错误"... 是医生说的
"grand mistakes." ...coming from a doctor.
"当谈论自杀时 是一种警告
"When one discusses suicide, this is a red flag.
当他们谈论如何做时
When one discusses how they will do it,
则非常 非常严重
then it is very, very serious.
我还觉得联邦调查局要求你对ADM...
I also feel that the FBI requiring you to do unethical conduct...
从事不道德行为是另一个错误...
against ADM was another blunder...
强迫你陷入进退两难的情况
that forced you into a bipolar situation.
他们完全知道并注意到
They should have known better and
存在一个医学问题
noted that a medical problem exists.
从医学的角度 联邦调查局
From a medical point of view, this is
对你的所作所为是谋杀未遂
attempted murder that the FBI did to you.
从法律的角度 你的律师要决定做什么...
From a legal view, your lawyer needs to decide what to do...
术语是什么
and what the terminology is.
不论你需要什么我都支持你
I'll support you in whatever you need.
你和你的家庭为了政♥府♥
You and your family have been through
经历了太多变故
too much turmoil in working with the government.
他们应该明白事理
They should know better."
是米勒医生
That's Dr. Miller.
我看过信了 马克
I read the letter, Mark.
信的问题是...
The problem with the letter is...
这是一个谎言
it's a lie.
你说什么 布莱恩
What are you talking about, Brian?
有他的信头 有他的签名
It's on his letterhead. That's his signature.
-你在说什么 -区号♥ 马克
- What are you talking about? - The area code, Mark.
在信头 区号♥是847
In the letterhead? The area code 847?
这封信是1995年11月写的
This letter was written in November 1995.
那时还没有这个区号♥
That area code didn't exist then.
但他们要宣布区号♥改革
Okay, but they announced that the change
我记忆犹新
was coming. I even remember that.
-人们提前预定信纸 -我也这么想
- People order their stationery early. - I thought about that.
我问过电♥话♥公♥司♥
So I asked the phone company.
新闻稿宣布使用新区号♥847
This is the press release announcing the new 847 area code.
日期是写这封信的六天后
It's dated six days after your letter was written.
米勒不可能提前知道这个
Miller could not have known about it.
财富杂♥志♥的罗恩·亨科夫
Ron Henkoff from fortune called
打电♥话♥给米勒 他证实了这封信
Dr. Miller and Miller confirmed the letter.
如果你跟亨科夫谈一谈...
If you talk to Henkoff...
财富杂♥志♥的罗恩·亨科夫...
Ron Henkoff from fortune magazine...
跟米勒医生确认过这封信
verified the letter with Dr. Miller.
我跟米勒医生谈过 马克 你不能...
I talked to Dr. Miller, Mark. You can't...
这违反了我的医患保密协定
That's a violation of my doctor-patient confidentiality.
完全违反了我的医患保密协定
That's a total violation of my doctor-patient confidentiality.
你不能给米勒打电♥话♥
You can't call.
医患保密协定不适用于伪造的东西
Doctor-patient confidentiality doesn't apply to forgeries.
为什么财富杂♥志♥会刊登这件事
Then why did fortune magazine run the story?
为什么财富杂♥志♥的罗恩·亨科夫会...
Well, why would Ron Henkoff, for fortune magazine...
把它作为封面
put it in a cover story?
别这样 马克
Stop it, Mark.
亨科... 如果你跟亨科夫谈...
Henk... if you talk to Henkoff...
别再自欺欺人了
You need to stop doing this to yourself.
你为什么... 为什么一直撒谎
Why do you...? Why do you keep lying?
不知道
I don't know.
我想或许我该回医院去
Well, I think maybe I should go back to the hospital.
[1997年10月]
97-2001卷宗 美♥利♥坚♥合众国对马克·维塔科尔起诉案
Case 97-2001, United States of America v. Mark Whitacre.
你有权做自我陈述 如果你愿意
You have a right to make a statement, if you wish.
谢谢
Thank you.
我很感谢有这个机会
Uh... I really appreciate the opportunity...
站在这里说几句话
to get up here and say a few words. Um...
历经艰难
What a ride.
持续了五年
Been a long five years.
有很多回忆
A lot of memories.
我真的很想
I just really want to apologize to
向这里的许多人道歉
a lot of people in this room...
还有不在这里的很多人
and a lot of people who aren't in this room, um...
为我的行为
for my actions.
我正在接受药物治疗...
I'm on medication now...
我更清楚地看到了一些事
so I'm seeing things a lot more clearly.
我真的很想...
And I just really want to...
说声对不起 诚挚的道歉...
I'm so, so, so sorry. I greatly apologize...
为我的行为负责 就是这些
and accept responsibility for my actions. That's it.
谢谢
Thank you.
大致来说 维塔科尔先生
To observe that Mr. is not the
电影精选列表