谢了,宝贝
Thanks, baby.
后天八点在旧拉法叶饭店
Day after tomorrow at the old Hotel Lafayette, 8:00.
对,你最好告诉他我听说他们会全下
Yeah, you better let him know. They gonna be full up, from what I hear.
你也是,你知道刚那是谁吗,小子? 波士顿的乔利…
Same to you. You know who that was, Kid? Jollie from Boston...
有没看见舒特? - 没有,今天没有
You seen Shooter? - No, not today.
从波士顿打来,还有,蕾蒂·芬格斯
Called all the way from Boston. And Lady Fingers. Guess you know she's coming.
我想你知道她要来,还有耶勒到时候钞票满天飞
And Yeller. There's gonna be a lot of money in town.
嘿,怎么样?胡班跟你提到耶勒吗?
Hey, how's it going? Hoban tell you about Yeller?
有,我正要跟他说
Yeah, I was just telling him.
再见
I'll see you later.
嘿,小子
SHOOTER: Hey, Kid.
嘿,怎么了?
Hey, what's wrong?
杰克·道尔赌兰西十二比五 - 杰克·道尔,听着,他过时了
Jack Doyle's laying 12-5 on Lancey.
Jack Doyle. Now, listen, that's old money.
保守派,永远赌一哥
Conservative money. That's always on the man.
赌你的人也很多 - 等待最磨人
There's plenty of money on you too. - It's the waiting.
我箭在弦上,却只能等
I'm ready now, and I gotta wait.
别让这些赔率影响你,这最要不得
Don't let the odds rattle you. That's the worst that can happen.
别慌,放轻松 - 我说过不是赔率的问题
Stay loose. Relax. - It's not the odds. I told you.
是等待 - 听着,放轻松
It's the wait. - Listen, just relax.
再见,舒特
I'll see you later, Shooter.
嘿,小子
Hey, Kid!
(公♥寓♥出租,附家俱)
嗨,甜心
Hi, honey.
[BRASS BAND PLAYING]
[WOMAN SINGING]
嗨,小子 - 嗨
CHRISTIAN: Hi, Kid. - Hi.
好个惊喜
This is a surprise.
你坐巴士来的? - 嗯,是
Did you come on the bus? - Well, yeah.
我过来看看你好不好
I just came by to see how you were doing.
妈,这是埃里克
Mama, this is Eric.
你好吗,拉德太太?
How do you do, Mrs. Rudd?
你好
Howdy.
你坐一下,我弄点东西给你吃
Why don't you sit down, and I'll fix you something.
不用了,我在城里吃过了
No, I had something to eat in town.
来吧
Come on.
还有些小面包热着
There's some hot biscuits in the warmer.
来吧
Come on.
我小时候常来这里玩
I used to come here and play when I was little.
大多时候在做梦
I'd dream, mostly.
是吗?做什么梦?
Yeah? About what?
就是小女孩都会做的梦
Oh, just things that little girls dream about.
我听说有个石头
There was a story I heard...
密西西比河岸某处的一颗许愿石
...about a wishing stone somewhere on the bank of the Mississippi.
我以前把这条河当成密西西比河
And I used to play like this creek was the Mississippi...
那边那颗石头就是许愿石
...and that rock over there was a wishing stone.
如果我亲吻这石头
And if I kissed it...
许个愿
...and made a wish...
愿望就会实现
...it'd come true.
你许什么愿望
What was the wish?
某个人会出现,带我远走高飞
Oh, that somebody would come and take me away from here...
到像新奥尔良这种大城市
...to some big city like New Orleans...
或是像莫尔比港
...or Mobile.
晚餐真可口,拉德太太
Sure was a good dinner, Mrs. Rudd.
家常便饭而已
Just our usual.
克里斯蒂安,帮你妈收拾碗盘
Christian, help your mother with the dishes.
妈,我们有没有纸牌? - 纸牌?
Ma, we got any cards? - Cards?
让他们玩牌,我们以前有一些
You know, them playing cards. We used to have some.
可能还在那边的抽屉里
May still be some in that drawer over there.
不知道还可不可以用
I don't know how good they are.
你可以秀几招特别的给爸爸看
Now you can show Papa some of them tricks.
特别的? - 对呀
Tricks? - Yeah.
像你跟擦皮鞋小男孩玩的那样
Like you done with that little shoeshine boy.
我最好去干我的活 - 喔,爸,等等,你会喜欢的
I best get on with my evening chores. - Oh, please, Papa. You'll like it.
选一张,拉德先生
Pick a card, Mr. Rudd.
随你喜欢
Any card you want.
红心三
Three of hearts.
我真没见过这种事
Damnedest thing I ever did see.
喂,你得过来看这个,来这里
Hey, you gotta come in and see this one. Get in here.
来呀,妈妈 - 技艺高超
Come on, Mama. - This is the best yet.
过来这里 - 知道现在几点了吗?
RUDD: Come on in here. - You got any idea what time it is?
来呀,过来这里,来这里 - 来呀,妈妈
RUDD: Come on. Get over here, get over here.
Come on, Mama.
来呀,我要你看看这个,看仔细了
Come on. I want you to see this. Now, you look good.
秀给她看,埃里克 - 好的,拉德太太…
Show her, Eric. - All right, Mrs. Rudd.
选一张,任何一张都行
Now, just take a card. Any card at all.
不要给我看
Don't show it to me.
黑桃三
The three of spades.
你今晚要玩还是只发牌?
Are you playing tonight or just dealing?
你今晚玩不玩? - 玩,我今晚要玩
Are you playing tonight? - Yes, I'm playing tonight. I'm playing.
你要赢多少? - 我会赢钱的
How much you gonna win? - I'll win something.
你不用担心
Don't you worry about it.
二十五年了我用二十五年建立起来的名誉
Twenty-five years. I've been building a reputation for 25 years.
我的诚实,我的正直… - 记不记得你说过…
My honesty, integrity... - Remember what you said...
关于骗自己的话 - 你在说什么?
...about cheating yourself? - What are you talking about?
你知道我在说什么
You know what I'm talking about.
我告诉你一件事
Well, I'll tell you one thing.
除非他需要,我不会帮他
I'm not gonna give him any help unless he needs it.
好个诚实的老舒特啊
Good old honest Shooter.
你知道吗?你越来越让我想到我第一任丈夫
You know, you remind me more and more of my first husband.
他也是个没用的输家 - 我不是输家
He was a loser too. - Well, I'm no loser.
小子有可能运气好一路领先,对吧?
The Kid could break lucky and stay ahead the whole game, couldn't he?
这是有可能的,对吧?
Well, it could happen, couldn't it?
当然是有这种可能
Sure it could happen.
我是说,你会让它变成可能
I mean, be there to see that it does.
会吧,舒特?
Won't you, Shooter?
(练习题二十六:百分比)
在这附近绕两圈
KID: Take me around the block a couple of times.
你有跟这小子说八点,是吧?
You did tell the Kid 8:00, didn't you?
是的,我有
Yes, I did.
人呢?
Well?
哈啰,各位
LADY FINGERS: Hello, everybody.
蕾蒂 - 小佩吉
Lady! - Piggy, Pig, Pig.
医生,哦,真好
Doctor. Oh, how lovely.
蕾蒂·芬格斯 - 耶勒,真高兴见到你
YELLER: Lady Fingers. - Yeller! Good to see you.
你好 - 嗨,胡班
YELLER: Hiya. - Hi, Ho.
蕾蒂·芬格斯,你认识这些女士
HOBAN: Lady Fingers. You know the missus.
胡班太太,梅尔巴
Hello there. - Mrs. Hoban. Melba.
抱歉我来晚了,舒特 - 蕾蒂
Sorry I'm late, Shooter. SHOOTER: Lady!
你好啊,亲爱的?
LADY FINGERS: What do you say, sweetheart?
兰西·霍华德,一哥本尊
Lancey Howard. The man himself.
我的荣幸,蕾蒂·芬格斯
My pleasure, Lady Fingers.
你不常到这里来了
You don't get around these parts much anymore.
确实,我想天气是最大的因素
That's true. I suppose it's more a matter of climate than anything else.
没别的原因?
No other reason?
还会有什么原因? - 辛辛那提小子
What other reason could there be? - The Cincinnati Kid.
大家这么传说,兰西,你怕那小子
That's what they're saying, Lancey. You've been scared of the Kid.
我该怕吗?
Should I be?
嘿,小子,他来了
PIG: Hey, Kid. He's here.
正是
Damn right.
- Steve. - Go.
Oh, that sounds wonderful.
嘿,你声势凌厉,听说了吗?
Hey, you come up slashing, you hear?
哈啰,耶勒
Hello, Yeller.
痛宰那家伙,小子
Kill that cat, Kid.
哈啰,小子,感觉如何? - 我嘛,我觉得很好
Hello, Kid. How are you feeling? Well, I'm feeling great.
很高兴再见到你 - 不必手下留情
And it's good to see you again. - Play him close.
那么
Well...
我们准备开始吧 - 是,当然
...let's get started. Yeah. Absolutely.
兰西
Lancey...
这位是埃里克·斯托纳,辛辛那提小子
...this is Eric Stoner, the Cincinnati Kid.
兰西·霍华德
Lancey Howard.
很高兴认识你,兰西
I'm glad to know you, Lancey.
我很荣幸
LANCEY: My pleasure.
电影精选列表