Lessons are extra."
来,兰西 - 谢谢
Here, Lancey. LANCEY: Thank you.
你要会会这小子吗?
You gonna play the Kid?
总有年轻人想冒出头吧? - 是,没错
There's always a Kid, isn't there?
不过我想你会喜欢跟他过招
Yes, there is. But I think you'll enjoy his game.
我也许会欣赏
I may admire it...
不过若我听到的没错我怀疑我会喜欢
...but if what I heard is true, I doubt I'll enjoy it.
得了吧!以前你是对手越强越过瘾
Come on, the tougher the competition, the better you used to like it.
那么,还等什么呢,舒特?就开始准备场子吧!
Well, what are we waiting for, Shooter? Come on. Let's go. Deal them up.
那么,我声明,克里斯蒂安…
Well, I do declare, Christian.
这不是赫赫有名的赌王辛辛那提小子本人…
It's that three-river gambling man, the Cincinnati Kid...
正在打理门面
...getting himself all shined up.
你好吗,小子?
How they running, Kid?
很好,你呢?
Fine. How they running for you?
你绝对不会相信我们刚做了什么
You'll never guess where we've just been.
看色情电影?
Stag movies?
我们去洗土耳其浴还作了全套的按♥摩♥
We went to Turkish baths, and we had rubdowns and everything.
对呀,你应该跟我们去的 - 对呀
Yeah. You should have been there. - Yeah.
我听到一个大消息
Listen, I heard the big news.
大消息?
Big news?
对,大家都在说小子要和兰西·霍华德对决
Yeah. Everybody says the Kid's gonna sit down with Lancey Howard.
有人看好小子成为一哥
Some say he's gonna be the man.
你没听说吗,克里斯蒂安?
Or didn't you know, Christian?
再见啰
See you around.
加倍或免费 - 跟了
Double or nothing. - Call it.
人头
Heads.
你还不是我的对手
You're just not ready for me yet.
走吧,去吃东西
Come on. Let's get something to eat.
我不知道你想回家
I didn't know you were thinking about going home.
什么时候走?
When are you going?
晚上有一班巴士
There's a bus that leaves tonight.
除非你要我留下来
Unless you wanted me to stay.
只能到明天早上
Until morning, that is.
那,你几时回来?
KID: Well, are you coming back?
你连问都不问我为什么要走
Well, you never even asked me why I was going.
那,你为什么要走?
Well, why are you going?
反正你觉得我碍手碍脚
You don't want me...
你现在不想有牵绊
...around your neck. Not now, anyways.
这,我从没这么说
Well, I never said that.
你向来什么都不会说的
You never said anything.
关于我们的事
About us.
听着,克里斯蒂安
Listen, Christian...
等这场赛局比完
...after the game...
我会成为一哥
...I'll be the man.
我将是天下第一
I'll be the best there is.
人们将排队等着我上桌
People will sit down at the table with you.
以跟我较量过为荣
Just so they can say they played with the man.
那就是我要的,克里斯蒂安
And that's what I'm gonna be, Christian.
我知道
I know.
你要什么,结婚吗?
KID: What is it? Marriage?
我都打包好了
I'm all packed.
六堆吗,舒特?
Six stacks. Is that right, Shooter?
对
Six.
这嘛
Well...
我们玩了三十个小时
...we've been playing 30 hours.
6000,换算一下
That rate, 6000, that makes roughly...
一个小时200
...two hundred dollars an hour.
感谢参加,各位
Thanks for the entertainment, gentlemen.
谢谢你 - 晚安
Thank you. Good night.
我要特别感谢兰西欣赏一位艺术家工作
I'm particularly grateful to Lancey here. It's been...
是极大的享受
...a rewarding experience to watch a great artist at work.
谢谢你给我如此殊荣,先生
Thank you for the privilege, sir.
你太客气了,年轻人
LANCEY: Well, you're quite welcome, son.
很高兴认识这样的人他能了解对真正的玩家来说…
A pleasure to meet someone who understands that to the true gambler...
钱不是目的而是工具就像语言是传达思想的工具
...money is never an end in itself but simply a tool, as language is to thought.
晚安
Good evening...
斯莱德先生
...Mr. Slade.
晚安,霍华德先生
Good evening, Mr. Howard.
舒特老友
Old Shooter.
今晚到我家来,大概三十分钟后
I wanna see you tonight, my house. In about 30 minutes.
是这样的,斯莱德先生
No, look, Slade...
我今晚不行,我答应老婆…
...I can't make it tonight. I promised my wife...
你非来不可,今晚见
You can make it, boy. I'll see you tonight.
晚安,各位先生
Good evening, gentlemen.
请接昆西街六八五九号♥
Quincy-6859, please.
晚安,兰西 - 晚安
Good night, Lancey. - Night.
晚安,舒特 - 嗨,小子,舒特
Night, Shooter. - Hi, Kid. Shooter.
听着,我答应梅尔巴今晚去看斗鸡可是…
Listen, I told Melba I'd take her with us to the fights tonight, but...
临时有些事
Well, something's come up.
让她跟你和克里斯蒂安去怎样?
How about if she'd go with you and Christian?
克里斯蒂安不在这儿她两天前回她父母家了
Christian isn't here. She's with her folks for a couple of days.
兰西答应要这场赛局了吗?
Did Lancey go for it as a game setup?
差不多
Yeah. Just about.
梅尔巴跟你去可以吗?
Is it okay if Melba goes with you?
听着,舒特 - 我答应过她,你知道会有什么事
Look, Shooter... - I promised her. You know how it is.
我会很感谢
Well, I'd appreciate it.
谢了,小子
Thanks, Kid.
看完在我家见
I'll meet you at my place after the fight.
兰西,星期一晚都搞定了吗?
Well, Lancey, are we all set for Monday night?
我可以请蕾蒂·芬格斯过来
Mm-hmm. - I can get Lady Fingers to come.
蕾蒂·芬格斯?
Lady Fingers? - Mm-hmm.
这老女人
I haven't seen that old bitch...
我起码有十年没见到她了
Oh, it must be at least 10 years.
久到想起来竟然觉得她几乎还算不错
Long enough to think of her almost fondly.
她还好吗? - 风光不再
How's she doing? - She's down.
败在赌城拉斯维加斯的一局牌九
She busted out in a Vegas faro game.
现在
And...
如果你不反对我想请她当替补发牌
...I'd like to use her as a relief dealer, if that's okay with you.
当然可以,没问题 - 那就这样了
Oh, sure. Sure. - Well, I guess that's it, then, huh?
星期一的八点
Eight o'clock Monday.
旧拉法叶的二号♥公♥寓♥
Apartment 2A at the old Lafayette.
好 - 祝最好的人手胜出
Yes. - And may the best man win.
最终都是这样的
That's how it usually comes out in the long run.
哦,舒特
Oh, Shooter...
我问你
...tell me...
你说的这个年轻人难缠吗?
...is this young man of yours gonna give me any trouble?
是的,你会觉得他难缠
Yeah. He's gonna give you trouble.
这嘛,希望不会又是马拉松赛局
Well, I hope it isn't gonna be one of those marathon games.
不来这套了 - 像我们在圣路易的那局
Not anymore. - Like the session we had in St. Louis?
记得吗? - 当然,当然
Remember? - Sure, sure.
跟那些南芝加哥来的家伙?
With those hoods from South Chicago?
我玩过最长的赌局是在毛里塔尼亚号♥得处♥女♥航
The longest game I ever played was on the maiden voyage of the Mauretania.
从主教石一路玩到安布罗斯灯塔
Bishop's Rock to Ambrose Light without a stop.
六天
Six days.
兰西…
Lancey...
你做这一哥很久了
...you have been the man for a long time.
这话千真万确
That is undoubtedly true.
你别让这头衔给唬了
But don't let that fool you.
我还不打算退休
I'm not ready to retire yet.
谢谢你
Thank you.
小子,你好吗?
Hello, Kid. How are you? KID: Hey, Al.
How many you want? One.
One. Hey, Kid.
MAN 4: Hi. How many rounds?
嗨,小子
MAN 5: Hey, kids.
小子
Hey, Kid.
这边
Over here!
我这儿有两个位子
I got two seats for you...
一定要跟他们坐吗?
Do we have to sit with them?
你想坐那儿都可以
Sit where you want to.
快,杰西,移过去
Come on, Jessie, move over.
来吧,小子,嘿
Come on there, boy. Hey, hey.
电影精选列表