你好,胡班 - 舒特呢?
Hello, Hoban. - Where's the Shooter?
工作
Working.
索卡利
Sokal.
你好,杰西 - 克里斯蒂安呢,甜心?
Hello, Jessie. - Where's Christian, honey?
回妈妈家去了
She went home to mama.
对不对啊,小子?
Didn't she, Kid?
嫌女人麻烦,没她们又不行,对吧?
Can't live with them and can't live without them, huh?
对啦,佩吉
Yeah, that's right, Pig.
别紧张,小子,我的女人也跑了
Don't lose no sweat, Kid. Mine left me too.
可以想见
I wonder why.
少装样子了,女人
Who you trying to kid, sister?
战斗鸡和班头鸡!
Sonnet Gray and Gaffer's Gray!
战斗鸡和班头鸡!
Sonnet Gray and Gaffer's Gray!
战斗鸡和班头鸡!
25和20 - 哪一只?
Twenty-five and 20! - Which one?
战斗鸡 - 好了
Sonnet Gray. - All right.
好了,激怒它们
All right. Get them up.
准备
Get ready
来吧
Come on!
我们到外面车那边
Let's go out to the car.
你放轻松吧
Why don't you relax.
你说25和20? - 没错
You say 25 and 20? - That's right.
我赌它输 - 它快搞定它了
To lose. - He's got him. He's got him.
看样子你要让我们发财了大块头
Looks like you're gonna owe us some money, fat boy.
别倒啊,别倒啊!
Don't spend it, baby. Don't spend it!
艾丽斯,甜心,帮威廉先生加点饮料好吗?
Alice Lee, honey, would you like to freshen up Mr. William's drink a little bit?
再一点波旁威士忌好吗,威廉先生? - 谢谢你,斯莱德太太
A little more bourbon, Mr. William? - Thank you, Mrs. Slade.
够了说一声
Now, you just say when.
When. That's it. Thank you kindly, Mrs. Slade.
甜心,你到厨房♥给我们准备些特别的小菜
Honey, why don't you go out to the kitchen and bring us some of those...
...fancy little hors d'oeuvres.
好巧,我正要准备,甜心
Why, that's exactly what I was about to do, sugar.
我发誓,比利,我有时真怀疑你会通灵呢!
I declare, Billy, sometimes I think you got psychic powers.
她真是女人味十足,斯莱德先生
She's a real lady, Mrs. Slade.
我把她看得比什么都重要,舒特
That little gal means more to me than the whole wide world, Shooter.
你的梅尔巴最近怎样?
How's your Melba these days?
梅尔巴?她很好,很好
Melba? Well, she's fine. Just fine.
是呀,她是个好女人,梅尔巴
SLADE: Yeah, she's a nice girl, Melba.
好看又有品味的女人
Girl of quality and taste.
品味高“贵”,我猜
Expensive tastes, I would imagine.
这嘛,你这么说没错 - 这嘛,理当如此
Well, I guess you might say that, yes. - Well, that's as it should be.
这是很好的女性特质
That's one of the great feminine characteristics.
懂生活品味
Taste for fine things.
当然,我们也不可能永远有求必应
Of course, we can't always afford to indulge their tastes.
那就是悲哀的地方
That's the tragedy of it.
她们就因此开始疏远
That's when they start to drift away.
兰西和小子的赛局你要发牌,你知道?
You know this game that you're dealing for Lancey and the Kid, you know?
这场赌局引起了高度兴趣
There's an awful lot of interest developing in that game.
我指的是赌注的兴趣
Betting interest, that is.
你觉得机率如何,舒特?
What would you figure the odds to be, Shooter?
这嘛,我想纽约那边应该会赌八比五
Well, I'd say the New York money will probably lay about...
赌兰西赢
...oh, 8-5 on Lancey.
我个人认为小子赢面比较大
Personally, I think the Kid's chances are better.
我也是这样想所以我自己也下了
So do I. So do I. That's why I'm getting me down a bet.
很大的赌注 - 这嘛,我想我不会下赌注
Big bet. - Well, I don't think I'd wanna bet on it.
小子不犯错的话有机会赢他可是我不会下注
The Kid could take him, if he's right, but I'd never bet on it.
兰西·霍华德已经老了,舒特他随时要下台
Lancey Howard is an old man, Shooter. He's ready for a fall.
怕的是这种大场面小子可能会紧张
Trouble is that the Kid might be nervous, big game like this.
他可能有点难以招架可能需要有人帮一下
He may be off his form. He may need a little help.
你觉得是吗?
You know?
我不知道,我不清楚你的意思
No, I don't. I don't quite know what you mean.
你负责发牌,不是吗? - 是的
You're dealing the game, aren't you? - Yes.
我在想,我既然大费周章赌上这一大把
As long as I'm going to the trouble of putting a bet down for myself...
何妨也替你下一把,大概二万五左右吧?
...I may as well get one for you too. Say in the neighborhood of $25,000?
我不可能做那种事
I could never do anything like that.
你当然不会,他们找你是要一场公平的赛局
Of course you couldn't. That's why they chose you to give them a fair deal.
绝无可能,斯莱德先生,你知道…
It's out of the question, Mr. Slade. You see...
假使我…
If I...
我说,绝无可能 - 谢谢,埃米尔
I tell you, it's just out of the question. - Merci, Emile.
这小子不需要太多的帮忙,舒特
Well, the Kid's not gonna need much help, Shooter.
找适当的机会,也许两三把
Maybe two or three hands at the right time.
哎呀,梅尔巴会爱死你如果你有了这二万五…
Oh, Melba would be mighty proud of you if you won yourself $25,000.
不行,抱歉,斯莱德先生
No, I'm sorry, Mr. Slade.
那我也很抱歉,舒特,因为你让我别无选择
Well, I'm sorry too, Shooter, because you leave me no alternative...
我不得不提醒你,我这里还有你的欠条
...but to remind you of the fact that I'm carrying these markers on you.
正确数字是一万二 - 那些是正当的欠条…
Twelve thousand dollars, to be exact. - Those are legitimate markers.
你给我两年的时间还清 - 且慢
You gave me two years to pay them. - Now, wait a minute.
我今天会慷慨或笨到接受你的欠条…
Just because I'm generous or foolish enough to accept your marker one day...
并不代表我以后得信守承诺 不是这样的,先生
...doesn't mean I'm gonna recognize it the next. No, sir, no.
万一我突然发现到你并不是那么聪明
That recognition is null and void if I happen to suddenly realize...
原先的承诺就会失效
...that you are not of sound mind.
你知道我几时发现的?
You know when I realized that?
就是你在犹豫拿我那二万五的时候
When I saw you hesitate about accepting that $25,000.
没错,老弟,你想清楚
That's right, boy. You just think that over.
二万五,加上这一万二
Twenty-five thousand, plus 12,000 here.
那总共是… - 三万七
That makes... - Thirty-seven.
三万七,没记错的话
Thirty-seven, if memory serves.
你为什么这么做?不可能是为钱
Why are you doing this? It can't be for money.
是为了钱,让我出口气的钱
It's for my kind of money. Gut money.
我要看那个自以为是的老头吃败仗
I wanna see that smug old bastard gutted.
一败涂地 - 就像他让你吃败仗?
Gutted. - Like he gutted you?
没错,就是这样,慢着 - 我要…
Yes, that's right. That's right. Hold it. - I'm gonna be...
看呐,科拉·安妮和比利·鲍勃要来跟爹地说晚安
MRS. SLADE: Lookie here, Cora-Anne and Billy-Bob...
...come to say good night to their daddy.
来,我的小白兔,过来
SLADE: Well, now, my cottontail bunny rabbits. Come here.
需要什么叫一声 - 好的
Holler if you need anything, now. - All right.
想不想听一点床边故事?
Do you wanna hear a little bedtime story?
关于舒特老婆梅尔巴的故事?
About Shooter's wife, Melba?
好了,来… - 我很清楚她的事
All right, now... - I know all those stories.
她为什么离开路易斯安那的什里夫波特?知道吗?
Well, are you aware of the circumstances on which she left Shreveport, Louisiana?
是的,我知道
Yes, I'm aware.
有些人不知道,我想他们会很想听听看
Well, some people don't know the story. I think they'd enjoy hearing it.
这故事很值得谈
It's a story that deserves to be told.
孩子们听好了
Now, listen carefully, children.
很久以前…
Once upon a time...
在路易斯安那的什里夫波特…
...down in Shreveport, Louisiana...
有个很坏的小女孩叫梅尔巴·奈尔
...there was this bad little girl named Melba Nyle.
放轻松,舒特马上回来
Relax. Shooter will be along.
弄两份喝的吧,你知道在哪儿
Why don't you make us a drink. You know where it is.
斗鸡场都是灰尘,出来我总觉得好脏
All that dust at the pit. I always feel so dirty after one of those things.
它现出你的优点来,梅尔巴
KID: Brings out the best in you, Melba.
那个乡下女孩又显出你哪些优点了?
MELBA: What does that funny little country gal bring out in you?
[SINGING]
喜欢吗?
See anything you like?
我是说我的舞
About the dance, I mean.
别跟我说舒特是你最要好的老朋友
Now, don't tell me Shooter's your oldest and best friend.
他是 - 他也是我最要好的老朋友,甜心
That's right. - He's mine too, honey.
接下来你要说他对你就像个父亲
Next you're gonna say he's like a father to you.
你清楚那样一来我们是什么关系
You see what that leaves us.
是啊
Yeah.
[TELEPHONE RINGING]
喂,嗨,蜜糖
Yeah? Oh, hi, sugar.
那你不会那么快回来啰
Well, then you won't be home for a while.
是吗?
Yeah?
舒特,是,赛局定了吗?
Shooter. Yeah. Is the game set?
星期一八点,旧拉法叶二号♥公♥寓♥
Eight o'clock Monday, apartment 2A at the old Lafayette.
旧拉法叶
Old Lafayette.
是,是
Yeah. Yeah.
是,她玩得蛮愉快的
Yeah, she seemed to have a pretty good time.
是,她很有趣
Yeah, she's a fun girl.
是
Yeah.
你混账
You bastard!
我希望你输
I hope you lose.
电影精选列表