I like it better.
你觉得我是个恶魔吗
Do you think me a devil,
就像你姨娘说的那样吗
as your aunt says?
我只觉得你太渴求那些手稿
I think that you want the papers very much.
确实是
I do.
那就要有耐心
Then be patient.
还是有可能的
All is still possible.
按你的意愿做吧
You must do as you wish.
没准他已经结婚了呢
Perhaps he's married already.
没准这就是他看都不看你的原因
That could be the reason why he doesn't look at you.
引用奥斯卡·王尔德的诗句 意为只有我们了却自己的身份 才会以诚相待
唯有藏身于面具之下 才会坦诚相待
Give a man a mask and he'll tell you the truth.
-你结婚了吗 -没有
- Are you married? - No.
我喜欢一个人
I walk alone.
缺少爱的人生难道不会很悲哀吗
Doesn't it make you sad to live your life without love?
不会
No.
我有工作
I have my work.
但我不觉得像你们这样的年轻女士会懂得
But I wouldn't expect ladies of your youth to understand.
我是朗巴勒公主
I am the Princesse de Lamballe,
玛丽亚·安东尼特最为亲近的朋友
Marie Antoinette's closest friend.
那不过是宫廷中嫉妒的人在这说闲话罢了
That was just the jealous gossip of people at court.
我的头才被砍下来
My head has just been cut off...
莫顿
Morton!
莫顿 想什么呢 公主在跟你说话
Morton, where are you? The princess is speaking to you.
他还想着那堆古董手稿呢 来吧
Oh, he's still thinking about those dusty papers. Come.
到底能找到什么
What is there to find?
真♥相♥
The truth.
真♥相♥ 有关什么的真♥相♥
The truth? About what?
有关我自己的
About myself.
有关 欲望
About... desire.
还有上帝
About God.
有些事是一定要留在过去的
There are things that must stay in the past.
你
You!
出版界的恶棍
Publishing scoundrel!
姨娘 欧莉普亚
Aunt... Olimpia!
欧莉普亚
Olimpia!
姨娘
Aunt...
欧莉普亚
Olimpia!
那么 你现在准备怎么办
So, what are you gonna do now?
你有考虑过吗
Have you thought about it?
考虑过 但 一切都没有定下来
I have but er... nothing's settled yet.
我想说的是
What I was asking
我踏入这个房♥间的
is whether the reasons I took the
初心是否仍存
rooms in the first place still exist.
你是否已经决定了我的命运
Have you settled my fate?
你的命运
Your fate?
阿斯彭的手稿
The Aspern papers.
其实 手稿有很多
Well, there are a great many.
比我以为的多得多
More than I supposed.
我何时才能目睹真迹
When can I see them?
我不知道你可不可以
I don't know that you can.
你不会是说你答应了她的临终遗愿吧
You don't mean to say you've made a deathbed promise?
并不是答应的
Not a promise...
那是什么
What is it, then?
她勒令我
She wanted to burn them
把手稿都烧掉
and charged me to do it.
但我把文稿拿走锁起来了
But I took them away and locked them up.
那你说了你会烧掉那些手稿吗
Did you say that you would burn them?
没有 我故意没有说
No, I didn't. On purpose.
是为了满足我吗
On purpose to gratify me?
是的 只有这个原因
Yes, only for that.
如果你现在不让我目睹一下真迹
I don't know what good that'll do
我都不知道要怎么办了
me now if you won't let me see them.
我明白 我明白的
I know. I know this.
我不理解
I don't understand.
你并没有许下承诺
If you didn't make a promise,
那是什么在困扰着你呢
what can possibly tie you now?
因为 她并不想这样
Because... she hated this.
她十分厌恶这样
She hated this so much.
她会非常妒忌
She could be so jealous,
非常垂涎
so covetous.
但这副画像
But there is the portrait.
你可以留着
You can have that.
-是要送给我吗 -是的
- You're giving it to me? - Yes.
它价值连城
It's worth a lot of money.
收下吧
Take it.
你真的很慷慨
You're very generous.
你也是
So are you.
我不知道为什么你会这么觉得
I don't know why you should think so.
你对我的影响很大
You've made a great difference to me.
虽然我也会珍惜这幅画像
As much as I value the portrait,
但手稿才是我更想要的
the papers are what I should prefer.
如果你足够了解她的话你就会明白了
But you would understand if you really knew her.
我现在还会感到她在看着我
I can still see her looking at me.
虽然她的双眼很美 但却令人胆战心惊
Her eyes were so fine but they could be terrible.
我看出几分了
I saw something of that.
我仍能感觉到她从黑暗里注视着我
I could still see them staring at me in the dark.
你紧张过度了
You're very nervous.
是啊 是啊
Yes. Yes, I am.
她想跟我说些什么
She wanted to say something to me.
她死前特别想说的一些事
Something very particular before she died.
你有想过那是什么事吗
Did you guess what it could have been?
我觉得她想说的是
I think that she wanted to say that...
如果你要是亲人的话
if you were a relation,
事情会不一样的
things would be different.
亲人
A relation?
如果你不是个外人 我的也会是你的
If you weren't a stranger, what is mine would be yours.
你可任意为之 我不会阻拦
You could do with it what you want, I couldn't prevent you.
我会替你把这幅画像卖♥♥掉的
I will sell the portrait for you.
这是你姨娘也想让你做的事
It's what your aunt would have wanted you to do.
我还是想不到她到底要求的是什么
I shan't get what she demanded for it
但我可以换来其他好东西
but I shall get something good.
我真是羞愧
Oh, I'm so ashamed.
无地自容
I'm so ashamed.
我会把一切都给你的
I would give you everything.
任何你想要的
Everything that you want.
她会宽恕我的
And she would forgive me.
你能认得出他的笔迹
You will recognise the handwriting of him
那个深切爱着你的人
who passionately loves you.
我感受到你火热的手掌正在抚摸我
I feel your fiery hand touch me,
带领我去到其他人无法带我到达的地方
take me where no other hand,
除了我的青春 那放纵的日子
except my youthful and intemperate one,
在激♥情♥的热浪中消却
has ever gone in with such a burning heat.
我的命运和你息息相关
My destiny rests with you,
你这一个芳龄十七岁的女人
and you are a woman seventeen years of age...
但所有这些都为时已晚
But all this is too late.
想到阿尔卑斯山和大洋会阻隔我们
Think of me sometimes when the Alps and the oceans divide us,
但它们休想得逞 除非你选择屈服
but they never will, unless you wish it.
他几乎和我一样高
He was nearly my height,
纤细 面色白皙
very thin, very fair complexion,
如同黑夜明灯般闪亮的双眼
dark locks and light eyes.
他的嗓音最先勾起我的兴致
His voice first attracted my attention,
但他的容颜更胜一筹
but his countenance fixed it
他的举止让我为之倾之一生
and his manners attached me to him forever.
我爱他胜过一切
I love him more than I ever loved a living thing,
而他 我相信他对我也至死不渝
and he, I believe, will love me to the last.
我欣喜孩子生的美丽可亲
I rejoice that the child is amiable and pretty.
她的一蹙一颦都好似我们
She frowns and pouts in quite our way.
碧蓝的双眼 亮丽的头发日渐乌黑
Blue eyes, light hair growing darker daily...
我最爱的朱莉安娜啊
My dearest Juliana.
爱女夭折之噩
To hear from afar of our sweet child's death