三千
Three thousand...
三千法郎吗
Three thousand francs?
你是说法郎还是美元
Oh, did you mean francs or dollars?
你之前说的是法郎
I think francs were what you said.
那我觉得真的挺不错
Oh... that seems to be very good to me.
你知道什么 你怎么知道
What do you know? How do you know?
你对这种事情一向不关心 我的天
You have always been ignorant of these matters, praise God.
这倒是真的
That's quite true.
关于钱我什么都不懂
I know nothing about money.
一点也不懂
Nothing at all.
我相信你肯定有自己所熟悉的领域
You have your own branches of knowledge, I'm sure.
其实 她小的时候
Well, she had a very good English education
受到了很好的英语文学教育
when she was young.
但之后 就没学过别的了
But she's learned nothing since.
那是因为我一直都陪在你身边
That's because I've always been with you.
至于这嘛
But for that...
你明天什么时候带钱来
What time will you come tomorrow with the money?
如果您方便的话 我中午来
If it suits you, I'll come at noon.
可以的
It suits me.
那明天中午见 带上钱
I will see you at noon, with the money.
我会准时的
I'll be punctual.
我可以就我们的协议与您握个手吗
May I shake your hand on our contract?
在我的年代可没有这个习惯
I belong to a time when that was not the custom.
那你呢 女士
And you, miss,
你愿意和我握手吗
will you shake my hand?
你肯定能接受现在的习惯吧
Surely you accept the custom of our day.
你可以把钱兑成黄金带来吗
Will you bring the money in gold?
兑成黄金吗
In gold?
家里放这么多的黄金
Aren't you a little afraid to keep
您不会害怕吗
such a sum in gold in the house?
我连你都不怕 我害怕什么
Of whom should I be afraid if I'm not afraid of you?
可以
Quite.
如果您愿意 我会带黄金来
I'll bring gold if you prefer.
是的
Yes.
我既然问了就说明我愿意
I prefer, since I asked.
交谈让我疲惫 希望你现在可以离开了
This conversation has tired me. I want you to go now.
奇怪的事情是
The strange thing is
我发现朱丽安娜·博尔德罗还活着
I've discovered Juliana Bordereau is still alive.
就好像我发现的是著名的汉密尔顿女士
It's as if I've discovered the famous Lady Hamilton is.
汉密尔顿夫人 英国历史上著名交际花
她属于已经快消亡的一代人
And she belongs to a generation just as extinct.
每个和阿斯彭同代的人都已经去世
Every one of Aspern's contemporaries has passed.
我得以望进或许阿斯彭也望过的
I haven been able to look into a single pair of eyes
那双眼睛里
that his might have looked into.
或是得以接触到他曾经触碰过的那只手
Or transmitted contact from an aged hand that his has touched.
在我这么多年的研究中
In all my years of research,
我遇到过幽灵 鬼魂
I've encountered phantoms, ghosts,
无穷无尽的回声
echoes of echoes,
当这个信息的来源
when the one source of information
徘徊进我们的时代时
that has lingered on into our time
却被我忽视了
has been unheeded by me.
你为什么不直接用钱去换
Why don't you simply offer them a sum of money?
这样就有可能直接得到她的信
In that way you might obtain her letters
还不用度过那么多寝食难安的夜晚
without so many sleepless nights.
她一定不会为了钱出♥卖♥♥♥这么宝贵的东西
She would never accept money for anything so valuable.
世界已经认可了杰弗里·阿斯彭
The world has recognised Jeffrey Aspern,
而我对他最为敬仰
and I've recognised him most.
为了纪念他 我所做的比任何人都多
I've done more for his memory than anyone else,
而我是通过照亮他的生活来做的
and I've done it by shinning a light into his life.
同时也照亮了你自己
And into yours.
"巴比伦化为尘土以前
"Ere Babylon was dust,
取自雪莱诗集《解放了的普罗米修斯》
琐罗亚斯德法师
the Magus Zoroaster,
我那死去的孩子
my dead child,
在园中散步之时见到自己的影像
met his own image walking in the garden.
那个幻影
That apparition,
普天之下
sole of men,
只他一人看见"
he saw."
是阿斯彭的诗吗
One of Aspern's poems?
当然是
Of course.
你太喜欢谜题了 那是你的缺点
You're too fond of mystery. That's your great fault.
你得换一个名字
But you'll have to change your name.
朱莉安娜尽管可能生活在世俗之外
Juliana lives out of the world as much as it's possible to live.
不过她可能听说过阿斯彭先生的编辑
Nonetheless, she's probably heard of Mr Aspern's editors.
她可能知道你发表的作品
She may know about what you've published,
甚至可能读过
may even have read it.
我考虑过这点
I've thought of that.
欺骗是我唯一的选择
Duplicity is my only course.
首先我得接近她
First I have to sit down with her,
然后再着手于我真正要做的
then tackle the main job.
要不然就引诱那个侄女
Or else seduce the niece.
不迷人吗 是灰色和粉色的
Isn't it charming? It's grey and pink.
它并没有过多的衰退
It hasn't got an air so much of
到令人灰心的感觉
decay as of... quiet discouragement.
的确 要我说
Quite, I'll say.
尽管可以步行通过
Even though you can pass on foot,
却几乎没有人想到这样做
scarcely anyone thinks of doing so.
也许人们害怕姓博尔德罗的女士
Perhaps the people are afraid of the Misses Bordereau.
她们女巫的名声在外
They have the reputation of witches.
祝我好运吧
Wish me luck.
我的运气比我想象的好
I've had better fortune than I hoped.
告诉我 你是如何说服她的
Tell me, how did you manage to convince her?
是钱说服了她
Oh, it was the idea of the money that convinced her.
这是你唯一的论据吗
That was your only argument?
我还说我觉得她这笔买♥♥卖♥♥很划算
And that I said that I thought she'd get a good deal.
还说我觉得你很富有
That I thought you were rich.
是什么给了你我很富有的印象
And what put that idea into your head?
我不知道 也许是你说话的方式吧
I don't know... The way that you talked.
我的天
Oh, dear.
我得换个说话方式了
I think I must talk differently.
恐怕我的声音欺骗了你
I'm afraid my voice has deceived you.
你觉得付的钱太多了吗
Do you think it's too much?
那取决于我从中获取了多少快乐
That depends on the amount of pleasure I get for it.
快乐
Pleasure?
这栋房♥子里就没有快乐可言
There is no pleasure in this house.
所以这就是你姨娘想让我住的房♥间
So, this is where your aunt would like me to be?
她说你的房♥间应该特别一些
She said your rooms ought to be very distinct.
相对独♥立♥ 明白吧
Apart. You know?
这样再好不过了
That would certainly be best.
我不知道这对你会不会有什么影响
I don't know if it'll make any difference to you,
但钱是给我用的
but the money is for me.
什么钱
Money?
你带过来的钱
The money you are going to bring.
你让我想在这住上三年
You'll make me want to stay three years.
好吧 那对我来说实在太好了
Well, that would be very good for me.
她想让我能拥有点东西
She wants me to have something.
她害怕她就要死了
She fears that she's going to die.
我希望没那么快
Not soon, I hope.
为什么这么说
Why do you say that?
没那么快
Not soon.
就好像你在害怕什么
It's as if you feared something.
没有 没有
No, no, no, no.
我希望她没病得很严重
I hope she's not seriously ill.
为她着想
For her sake.
也是为了你着想
And for yours.
不
No.
她只是非常累 仅此而已
She's just very tired. That's all.
她对任何事都感到厌倦
She's tired of everything.
用她的话来说 她已经活了太多年了
She's lived so many years, she said
她觉得试试死亡也是种变化
she'd like to try dying for a change.
她的朋友们很久之前就都去世了
All her friends died long ago