那你更应该把话说清楚了
Then all the more the reason that you should answer plainly.
告诉我
Tell me.
你有打探过他的生活吗
Are you prying into his life?
是的
Yes.
我写过他
I write about him.
我曾经写过并且我也还会写他
I have written about him and I will write about him again.
请你告诉我吧
Please tell me.
你姨娘有没有保留他的任何诗
Does your aunt have any poems,
信件 文稿 未公开的作品吗
letters, papers, unpublished documents, anything...
任何属于杰弗里·阿斯彭的东西
belonging to Jeffrey Aspern?
你觉得他英俊吗
Do you find him handsome?
我说不清楚 他似乎很奇怪
I don't know. He seems strange.
我知道要是选丈夫谁更合适
I know who I would rather have as my husband.
你就那么喜欢他吗
You like him that much?
说什么让你们这么开心呢 姑娘们
What might you ladies be laughing about?
可以和我们分享一下吗
Would you mind sharing it with us?
莫顿怎么了 你像个疯子一样
Morton, whatever is happening? You look like a mad man.
我在花♥园♥里等了她五天
Five days I've been sitting in that garden waiting for her.
花都送了快一筐了 没有任何回应
Sending flowers up by the bushel. And nothing.
我应该怎么做 我又不能直接破门而入
What am I to do? I can't exactly break into her room.
那么 你得再想点新办法
You might have to come up with something new,
引发出她们的反应
then, to trigger a reaction.
作为女人你会怎么做
And what would make you react? As a woman.
作为女人
As a woman?
我不认为缇娜女士能算得上女人
I don't think Miss Tina is quite a woman,
但博尔德罗女士肯定是
but Miss Bordereau definitely is.
姑娘们 你们怎么看
Ladies, what would you say?
你每天都给她送花吗
You send her flowers every day?
那我是很喜欢的
I would like that very much.
我确实喜欢花
I do so love flowers.
和园丁说停止送花
Tell the gardener to stop the flowers.
我被派来找你 我姨娘想见你
I sent for you because my aunt would like to see you.
真的吗
Really?
是什么让她突然改变主意的呢
And what's made her change her mind so suddenly?
或许因为她年岁太高
Perhaps because she's so old.
人年龄大了以后总会变化无常
People often become capricious when they get so old.
确实是这样 但是
This is certainly true. However...
你跟她转述了我之前跟你说过的话吗
have you repeated to her what I told you the other night?
若我真的跟她说了
If I had told her what you said,
你觉得她还愿意见到你吗
do you think that she'd want to see you?
博尔德罗女士
Miss Bordereau,
很高兴终于能再次见到你
it's a great pleasure for me to see you again at last.
我觉得你的身体状况很好 尽管天气炎热
I trust you are in good health, despite the hot weather.
我总觉得冷 热天也没有不一样
I'm always cold. The hot weather makes no difference.
但身体是还不错 还不错
But my health is good enough, good enough...
能活着真的是太好了
It's a great thing to be alive.
这取决于拿什么做比较
It depends on what you compare it with.
我不做比较
I don't compare.
若我这样做 很早之前我就放弃生命了
If I did that I should have given up living long ago.
关于花
About the flowers.
我之前应该感谢你的
I ought to have thanked you before.
但是
But...
我不写信
I don't write letters.
我很高兴你能喜欢
I'm delighted you enjoyed them.
今晚我会再送一些过来
I shall send some more this evening.
你还能怎么处理它们
What else should you do with them?
是吧
Hm?
又不是男人气的品味造就了屋子的风格
It's not a manly taste to make a bower of your room.
为什么你不亲自来花♥园♥挑选呢
Why don't you come into the garden yourself?
你可以选出你喜欢的花
You can pick what flowers you like.
坐在阴凉处闻着这甜美的空气 难道不好吗
Wouldn't it do you good to sit in the shade, in the sweet air?
我亲爱的先生
Oh, my dear sir...
如果我能离开 就不会只坐在外面
If I move from this, it won't be to sit outside,
我周围被搅动了的空气
and then the air that may be stirring around me
也不会特别甜美
won't be particularly sweet.
实际上会是非常深浓的阴影
It will be a very dark shade indeed.
我不害怕我要面对的
I'm not afraid of what lies ahead.
但我觉得 还不会太快
But it will not be soon, I suppose.
你为什么不让她出去走走呢
Why don't you make her go out?
姨娘 别这样
Aunt, please.
你同情她吗
Do you pity her?
你有教她同情自己吗
Do you teach her to pity herself?
她的生活比我在她这个年龄时可单调多了
She has a much easier life than I did when I was her age.
博尔德罗女士
Miss Bordereau.
你所说的就我来看可能
What you say seems to me perhaps...
有些刻薄
a little unkind.
刻薄吗
Unkind?
或许你是说"无情"
Perhaps you mean "inhuman"?
一百多年前的诗人就是这么说女性的
That's what the poets used to call women a hundred years ago.
"无情"
"Inhuman".
不要试图模仿他们
Don't try to imitate them.
你永远也做不到
You could never do as well.
世界上已经没有诗了
There is no more poetry in the world.
至少在我周围没有
At least not around me.
但我不会和你争吵的
But I won't bandy words with you.
那好吧
Well, then.
我不会再强求你的好意了
I won't impose any longer upon your kindness.
好意 我就没对你友好过
Kindness? I don't have to be kind to you.
我也不用对任何人友好
I don't have to be kind to anyone any more.
谢天谢地
Thank God.
坐吧
Sit.
你怎么就不带这姑娘出去逛逛呢
Why don't you make that girl go out and see the place?
亲爱的姨娘 你到底想要我做什么呢
Dear Aunt, what do you want to do with me?
我 这地方我都去过
I... I know the place.
他可以带你去看日落 如果还有的话
He can show you the famous sunsets, if they go on.
还有吗
Do they still go on?
带她去圣乔凡尼福音大学校
Take her to San Giovanni Evangelista.
带她去广场 在我那个时候真是很好看的
Take her to the Piazza. It was so pleasant in my time.
带她去听听音乐 带她去逛街
Let her listen to the music, let her look at the shops.
她可以随身带些钱
She can have some money.
她可以买♥♥
She may buy...
她喜欢的东西
something she likes.
能陪缇娜女士是我的荣幸
I would be honoured to accompany Miss Tina.
若她更喜欢独自一人
And if she'd rather go alone,
我的船夫会为她服务
my gondolier is entirely at her service.
我还有机会再和你见面吗
Shall I have the pleasure of seeing you again soon?
这对你的幸福很重要吗
Is it very necessary to your happiness?
其中的欢愉我无法用言语形容
It diverts me more than I can say.
你说的全是恭维话
You're full of flattery.
你难道不知道这种话差点杀了我吗
Don't you know this talk almost kills me?
那怎么会呢
Now, how can that be
当你比起我第一次来见你时
when you are more animated,
更加生动
more brilliant
更加光彩夺目
than when I first came in?
确实是的 姨娘
It's quite true, Aunt.
我 我觉得这对你有好处
I... I think it does you good.
这难道不感人吗
Isn't it touching,
我们牵挂彼此 而对方享受其中
the solicitude we each have that the other may enjoy herself?
若你今天觉得我光彩夺目
If you think me brilliant today,
那是你没有见过容易相处的女人
then you have never met an agreeable woman.
别想再奉承我
Don't try to pay me any compliments.
我在这方面被宠坏了
I have been spoiled in this respect.
-你还好吧 -还好
- Are you all right? - Yes.
多么明媚的下午
It was a splendid afternoon.
我看得出她比表现出来的要更加欣喜
I saw that she enjoyed it even more than she showed.
她为所看到多重景象而激动
She was agitated with the multitude of her impressions.
这太
It was so...
她忘记了这是一个迷人的世界
She had forgotten what an attractive thing the world is.
我想
I did think that...
她开始意识到
And it was coming over her that somehow she had,