我们最好别去管
We'd best leave it alone.
我们有什么资格去评判 又有谁知道
Who are we to judge? Who can say?
但如果我们不再努力
But if we stop trying,
那这些伟大的作品会变成什么呢
what becomes of these great works?
人们会忘却它们
People forget them.
我们需要工具来度量它们
We need the tools to measure them by.
"去度量它们"
"To measure them by."
你这话说得像个裁缝
You speak like a tailor.
你对好奇心知道多少
What do you know about curiosities?
好奇心
Curiosities?
如今人们花这么多钱买♥♥粗制滥造的东西
The gimcracks that people pay so much for today.
你知道它们的进价是多少吗
Do you know what kind of price they bring?
-你想买♥♥东西吗 -不 我想卖♥♥东西
- Do you want to buy something? - No. I want to sell.
你知道古董商会为了这个
Do you know what an antiquaire might give me
给我多少吗
for this?
这是一张俊秀的脸庞
It's a very striking face.
告诉我 这是谁呢
Tell me. Who is it?
我的一个朋友
A friend of mine.
一个非常杰出的人 他把这个给了我
A very distinguished man. He gave it to me.
但你不用关心他的名字
But you never mind his name.
你可能都没听说过他
You would probably never have heard of him.
年轻一代对他们的长辈一无所知
The young generation know nothing of their elders.
我年轻的时候他就是时尚
He was all the fashion when I was young.
这张脸看起来很眼熟
The face looks familiar.
你对这代人是否知道他存疑
You express doubt about this generation knowing him but...
但作为一个著名的人
he strikes me for all the world
他是我的全世界
as a celebrated man.
或许我见过其他差不多的 其他画像
Perhaps I've seen other likenesses, other portraits.
也许是他更年长时候的
When he was older, perhaps.
他是谁呢
Who is he?
我想不起来
I can't put a name on it.
只有知道他是谁的人
Only the person who knows who he is
才愿意按我的报价出钱
would give me the price that I ask.
那你是有预期价格了
Then you have a price?
我有我能接受的底价
I know the least I would take.
我想知道我最多能得到多少
I want to know the most I can get.
我本想自己买♥♥下来
I should like to have it for myself,
但如果你这么想
but with your ideas,
那我永远也买♥♥不起
I could never afford it.
你会买♥♥一个没什么名声的艺术家画的
You would buy the likeness of someone you don't know
你不认识的人的画像吗
by an artist who has no reputation?
这位艺术家可能没有名声
The artist may have no reputation,
但这幅画像画得非常好
but that portrait is painted wonderfully well.
你这么说真好
Oh, it's lucky you say that.
画家是我父亲
The painter was my father.
这就让它更加的珍贵了
That makes it all the more precious.
希望你准备卖♥♥给别人之前告诉我
I hope you'll tell me before you offer it to anyone else
并且给我个通知
and give me notice.
我是一个潜在的买♥♥家
I am a possible buyer.
我会先把钱要到手
I want my money first.
对此我毫无疑问 我知道你的方式
I have no doubt of that. I know your ways.
我的方式
My ways?
你对我的方式了解多少呢
What do you know of my ways?
你在观察我
Do you observe me,
你在监视我吗
do you spy on me?
你要小心 朋友 因为我在观察你
You be careful, my friend, because I observe you.
你说你想见我 但我在监视你
You say you want to see me, but I spy on you.
我能看穿你
I can see you.
你跟她说什么长篇大论吗
Do you make speeches to her?
当你们一起出去的时候 你们聊什么呢
What do you talk about when you go out together?
你说的好像我们每天晚上都出去一样
You speak as if we were in the habit of going out every night.
当然我是希望如此的
Certainly I wish we had.
但如果是这样的话
But if that were the case,
我会更加顾忌 担心会辜负她的信任
I'd feel greater scruple at betraying her confidence.
她的信任
Her confidence. Oh!
那她现在是信任你吗
Oh, does she have confidence in you now?
缇娜小姐 你信任我吗
Miss Tina, do you have confidence in me?
你姨娘很想知道这个答案
Your aunt so very much wants to know.
情况不太好 她非常激动
It's no good. She's dreadfully excited.
我了解你 我了解你们两个
I see you, I see both of you.
我了解你的内心
I see you from here.
我敢说你认为我病了
I dare say you think I'm ill.
你以为我疯了吗
Oh, you think I'm losing my mind, hm?
也许你会这样想
You may like to think so.
事实并非如此 事实并不是这样
That is not the case, that is not the case.
我没病
I'm not ill.
此刻 在宁静中
At this moment, in the stillness,
在一天的矛盾之后
after the long contradiction of the day,
博尔德罗女士的秘密随处可见
Miss Bordereau's secrets were in the air,
她能幸存 更是个奇迹
the wonder of her survival more palpable.
我请求你的原谅
I ask for your pardon.
现在离开你 是为了以后待得更久
Not to leave you now, but to have stayed so long.
你必须离开了
You must go now.
-非常优雅 -谢谢
- Hm. Very elegant. - Thank you.
谢谢您 先生
Thank you, sir.
所有生物都有一个灵魂分身
All living creatures have a spirit double.
二重身
A doppelganger.
它是看不见的 但与活着的人是完全相同的
who is invisible but identical to the living individual.
有时它们被描述为精神的反面
Sometimes they are described as the spiritual opposite,
或是负面 相较于它们对应的人类
or negative, of their human counterparts.
嘉年华还没到呢
大衣不错 是你祖父的吗
扔掉
Drop it.
乖孩子
Good boy.
她病得很重
She's very ill.
她呼吸很困难
She's having great trouble breathing.
我以为她要离开我了
I... I thought that she was dying.
别这么说
Don't say that.
我不知道该怎么办 我派了女仆去请医生
I didn't know what to do. I sent the maid to get the doctor.
我哪儿都没找到你
I couldn't find you anywhere.
我很抱歉
I am sorry.
我必须回到她的身边了
I must go back to her.
-我可以帮你照看她吗 -不行
- May I help you in watching over her? - No.
她应该不想见到你
She ought to be spared the sight of you.
她平静些了 现在在睡觉
She's calmer. She's sleeping.
我可以见她吗
May I see her?
她把文稿保存在了 那里
She kept the papers... over there.
那个箱子吗
In that trunk?
那它们现在在哪
Where are they now?
那她屋里你指给我看的那个绿箱子
That green box, the one you pointed out to me in her room.
你说过曾存放着手稿
You said the papers had been there.
你暗示手稿已经被转她移了
You implied that she had transferred them.
并不在那个箱子里
They're not in the trunk.
我先前找过的 我替你找过的
I have looked. I have looked for you.
如果你找到了文稿 可以交给我吗
Would you have given them to me if you had found them?
我不知道我该做什么 不该做什么
I don't know what I would or wouldn't have done.
我必须要告诉你真♥相♥了
I must tell you the truth.
真♥相♥
The truth?
是的
Yes.
亦或是坦白 如果你想听的话
A confession, if you will.
我一直都戴着面具
I sailed under false colours.
我告诉你的是捏造的姓名
I gave you an invented name.
为什么
Why?
我不得已而为之
I had to.
给你
There.
自己看吧
See for yourself.
莫顿·文特
我已然觉得你是个全新的人
I feel that you're a new person now,
有着全新的名字
with a new name.
这并非是个新名字
It's not a new one.
是用了很久的好名字 谢天谢地
Just a very good old one. Thank God.
我更喜欢这个名字