We just need to have them explained to us
我们只是需要澄清疑问
before we can send out a check.
再支付索赔
The claim will be honored, of course.
没有疑问了我们会赔偿的 毫无疑问
Hmm, that's good. - Oh, sure. Let's just take a look here.
挺好的 当然 我们来看看啊
So the first little red flag that I noticed
我所注意到的第一面红旗
was that March 3rd,
是三月三日
about three months before the incident,
出事前的三个月
the amount of the whole part of the policy was substantially increased.
投保金额大幅度增加了
It's kind of unusual.
这不太寻常
I don't suppose you know anything about that?
你应该不知道其中原因吧
Mmm-hmm. I do.
我知道
That was Gardner's idea.
那是加德纳的主意
It was, huh?
嗯 好的
Okay.
那好
What else have we got? We've got... Oh.
还有什么疑问呢 我来看看
More than one claim on the policy. That's always a red flag.
这个合同中有多项索赔请求 这个倒是很常见了
The claim from Rose's car accident?
你是说萝丝出车祸的时候也索赔了么
Yeah, he stung us good on that one.
是的 他在这上面可是狠赚了一笔呢
Well, that's okay. That's what we're here for.
这倒没什么问题 我们保险公♥司♥就是干这个的
The bank says he hasn't made his payments for his home loan in three months.
银行说他有三个月没有还房♥贷
Oh. Well, times have been a little tight around here.
是这样的 情况不太好
Gardner lost our savings when he started his own business.
加德纳做生意的时候损失了我们的全部积蓄
Is that right?
是这样啊
What else have we got?
我来看看还有什么
Here's another little red flag.
这还有一点疑问
I didn't even notice this one before.
我此前都没有注意到这一点
Uh, about five months ago, Mr. Lodge
大约五个月前 洛奇先生
redeemed $5,000 worth of his whole life policy with us.
撤消了与我们签订的价值5000美元的人寿保险合同
We always like to notice things like that.
我们很容易觉察到这样的细节
Nicky!
尼基
Nicky, get back in your room.
尼基 回你的房♥间去
Go back to where you came from!
哪来的 滚哪去
Get the hell out of here!
离开这里
I'm sorry. That money's for Nicky's college education.
我很抱歉 那钱是准备用来支付尼基未来的大学学费的
I guess you put it in a trust fund or something?
是不是这钱你们买♥♥了信托基金之类的?
Would you like a cup of coffee?
你想来杯咖啡么
That would be absolutely terrific.
那真是再好不过了
Thank you.
谢谢你
I'm sorry to be such a pest. I mean, this stuff isn't very important,
我很抱歉因为这些事打扰您 但这些事是很重要的
but I tell you, I could put you on the floor with some of the scams I've seen.
我可以跟你讲讲我以前遇到的几起骗保案例
I've got to smile just thinking about them.
我想起那些事都会笑出声
I mean, I had this one guy couple of years ago,
几年前有一个人
he put in a claim for his clothing store burned down.
他自己的服装店烧毁了 要求赔偿
You're not gonna believe this.
你肯定会觉得这故事难以置信
We find a couple of gas cans in there with Eulah May printed on them.
我们在现场发现了几个汽油桶 上面写有“尤拉·梅”
It's his wife's name.
这是他妻子的名字
It's the name of his pleasure boat where he got the cans from.
这是他从自己的游艇上搞来的
I guess he thought those aluminum cans were gonna burn up or something. I don't know what he thought!
我估计他是觉得这些铝制桶子应该会一起烧掉吧 不知道他是怎么想的
And cars. Thank you.
还有那些汽车保险案 谢谢
You wouldn't believe what people do to their cars
你肯定难以置信 人们是怎么对待自己的车的
just because something's a little wrong with the transmission.
就因为出了点小毛病
They figure they can fleece us for the whole thing.
他们就觉得能敲保险公♥司♥的竹杠
Sell 'em for scrap, report 'em stolen.
当报废车处理啊 然后报失啊
See, but the body shop guy knows we pay a bounty for those things.
那些汽车修理厂的人我们都会打点好的
Mmm. Yeah, I mean, just this week, half your block tried to tap us
就这周 这边半个街区的人都来找我们的麻烦
for homeowner's because of your new neighbors.
就因为你边上的这位新邻居
Can you believe it? How about them neighbors!
你敢信么 就因为来了位新邻居
Oh, excuse me.
噢 抱歉
You've been in this business long as I have,
要是你像我一样在这行干久了
you develop a nose for hanky-panky.
就会对这种事有敏锐的嗅觉
'Cause it smells, you know?
每起案件仿佛就像有味道似的
It's got this faint aroma.
那种淡淡的味道
This smells bad. That smells good. You know what I mean?
有些闻起来很不妙 有些就很正常 你懂我的意思么
But this one?
但是这个嘛
This particular case here?
这个案子嘛
Does not have that faint aroma. - Thank goodness for that.
闻起来没有那种淡淡的味道 - 谢天谢地
Nah, this one stinks.
而是恶臭难闻
This one... I've been smelling this one since I got off the turnpike.
我从刚下高速路来这的路上就有这种感觉了
Jesus, does it stink!
我的天 简直太臭了
You sleep with Gardner, do you?
你跟加德纳睡过吧
I beg your pardon!
你说什么
Well, you know, that's none of my business,
我知道这跟我没什么关系
but I've got to tell you, that kind of nonsense, it can come back and haunt you down the road.
但我得跟你们说 这种事是遗臭万年的
If you killed her, I mean.
要是你们想办法把她弄死的话
How dare you
你怎么敢
come into this home when my sister is dead
我的姐姐尸骨未寒 你来我家里开这种玩笑
and make jokes about flags and the barber of seville!
还扯什么旗子和理发室的淡
Oh, I assure you, Miss o'Rory, I am anything but joking.
我保证 奥罗瑞女士 我来绝对不是开玩笑
You see, in my experience, nobody's stupid enough
我觉得 根据我的经验 没有哪个蠢货
to increase their insurance policy just before they kill their wife.
会在杀妻之前提高投保金额的
If there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that Gardner Lodge isn't stupid.
我要告诉你一点 加德纳·洛奇肯定不是蠢货
Oh, I agree. So you've just proved yourself wrong, Mr. Cooper.
我同意 库珀先生 那这么说来 你自己是完完全全的错了
I made it up.
这些是我编的
You made it up? I made it up.
你编的? - 我编的
He didn't take out more insurance on Rose. I was just fishing.
他没有增加萝丝的投保金额 我只是钓鱼而已
I do it on every claim. I go fishing.
我调查每起案子都这样 我是去钓鱼的
And you know what? This time I caught a whopper.
我跟你说 这次我可算抓住一处马脚了
What?
什么
You said "we."
你用的是"我们"
What?
你说什么
"We lost our savings "when Gardner tried to start his own business."
你说的是“加德纳失去了我们的全部积蓄”
"We lost our," not "they lost their."
你说的是我们 而不是他们
I think you should leave before I call the police.
赶紧走人 要不然我报♥警♥了
Call them.
你报♥警♥啊
Hell, you know what? Let's just walk down the street.
我跟你说 我们去街那头
There's a dozen of them standing a block away.
那一头就有不少警♥察♥
You get out of my house. Your house?
你滚出我的房♥子 - 你的房♥子
Oh! Get out! Get out. Get out, you!
滚出去 滚出去
I loved my sister, and I love her son!
我爱我的姐姐 我爱她的孩子
You love her husband, too?
你也爱她的丈夫吧
You tell Mr. Lodge I'll be back this evening.
跟洛奇先生说 我晚上会再来的
We can have a chat about it then.
我们今晚可以聊聊
You're taking the night off. What?
你今晚请个假 - 你说什么
You're taking the night off. I've got more important things for you to do.
你今晚请个假 我有更重要的事要派你去做
You're crazy, man.
你疯了吧 兄弟
I got Stanhope to come in and cover for you. We've got business.
斯坦霍普会来给你打掩护的 我们有正事干
All right. What is it? And don't talk so loud.
好好好 什么事 说话别这么大声
This guy's a fucking hard-on, is what it is.
这家伙很难缠
He hung up on me last night.
他昨晚挂了我的电♥话♥
He doesn't care. I think he's getting ready to fuck us.
他不在乎我们了 我觉得他这是准备搞我们
He can't fuck us.
他搞不了我们
That's right!
这就对了嘛
I'm telling you, this is the last time that clown's gonna ignore us.
我跟你说 这是那家伙最后一次耍我们了
That's why you're taking the night off.
所以我要你今晚请假
Take care of the kid and the lady.
把那女的和小孩都搞定喽
Give him something to think about when he gets home.
等他回来了 给他好好提个醒
Two more fucking people? I don't know if I can get into that.
他妈的又搞两个人? 我觉得还是不要吧
I'm telling you, you ain't got any choice.
我跟你说 你没得选
It's either that, or he fucks us!
要么我们出手 要么等着他搞我们
The guy don't respond, he don't respond.
那家伙不理我们 不回复我们
Two people, man!
那可是两条人命啊 兄弟
Look, if you can't take care of a kid and a lady,
听着 如果你连一个女的和一个孩子都搞不定
you know what that means?
你知道这意味着什么吗
It means you're a fucking liability.
那估计你♥他♥妈♥的就是个废物了
Gardner, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.
加德纳 我很抱歉 真的很抱歉
I love you so much. Please don't be angry with me.
我很爱你 求求你别生我的气
What happened?
怎么回事
Mr. Lodge? Yes.
你是洛奇先生 是我
I believe your sister-in-law might have mentioned me to you?
我觉得 你姨子应该跟你提了我的事吧
Yes.
是的
电影精选列表